Let's have a Neverwinter thread

Let's have a Neverwinter thread.
The MMO is surprisingly alright. The pay-2-advance is pretty strong, but isn't shovelled down your throat.
NWN 3 when?

Other urls found in this thread:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html
nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Windows
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/why_is_my_characters_skin_silver
radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/videos_and_cutscenes
mirror.aleturo.com/Games/NWN/
social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-General-Discussion-Forum-No-Spoilers-Allowed/UNOFFICIAL-links-to-redownload-previously-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html
neverwinternights.info/index.htm
neverwinternights.info/p170.htm
neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

From whom? Obsidian or Bioware? Both of whom will probably use the 5e rule system and who will literally fill the game with tranny companions.

For me, module 6 butchered the online one.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, user..

Obsidian isn't Trannyware.. Pillars of bullfuckery may have been slightly cucked, but they also made the South Park RPGs, and they weren't cucked.

I have more faith in them than I do with Dyingware. Plus they listen to their fanbase and respect the source material, but I could be proven wrong I suppose.

I could never get into 'neverwinter' because of the no character classes compared to the single player games. NWN1&2 are GOAT though.

Even Fo:Nv looking back on it had some questionable content. Sawyer and Obsidian are fully pozzed.

Kaelyn best waifu

Every writer and Dev that matters left Obsidian after PoE.

How ?
I leveled 2 characters to 60 without buying anything and without having to grind.
I started the game again not so long ago and for some reason, although I upgraded my PC, my CPU is getting hotter than before, only happens with this game, don't know why.
It's a pretty decent MMO, I wish the character creator was even better though.
I think it's the only MMO I played where I never grinded.

Tieflings are cute

You're never going to see another Neverwinter Nights. Remember that game that came out a while back that said "You can be the dungeon master?" it was nothing, like less than Fallout 4 level of "assemble some shit".

Nobody's going to get a game funded these days whose premise eliminates the DLC gravy train. NWN's best content from users blew their dev-created shit away. They won't let that happen again.

Shit.. Guess there really is not much left to hope for.. It's fucked to think how these two companies were some of my favourite devs about a decade or so back. I suppose no good thing can last forever.

"Strong" as in you could easily shell out money to get all the dankest equipment right from the start.
But like I said, it's surprisingly optional. Outside of the notifications of what cool shit people got out of lockboxes, it really doesn't remind you what you could be getting just by dropping some cash.
Which is a nice change of pace.

The Prophet is the greatest NWN module series of all time and the best story in any RPG ever told.

Also, the holocaust is a jewish lie.

all is nice but the pvp part is still unbalanced, especially if you have to deal with those guilds with transcendent enchantments.

That a mod for the first or second game?

'Cause I'm all for Neverwinter's extra campaigns, especially from the first one.

So I just realized I never finished a NWN game from when I was younger, should I just go with Neverwinter Nights Diamond ?

Yes, the lockboxes were obnoxious, I just sold them for next to nothing.

Well, I never played PvP so yeah, I should have thought about it being not balanced because of shekels.

Sure, the first game is alright.
I have very fond memories of the second expansion, Hordes of the Underdark.

I loved the interactions between the followers, especially Deekin.

Ah wondeful another classic single player RPG
turned into a shitty pay2win MMO.

Worst thing about getting old: you remember the better times.

I've been trying out the mmo since it came out on PS4. Needless to say, it's buggy as shit. I don't even bother logging out until I'm in the starting hub because it might fuck up and not load up next time if I do so in a certain area, having to use an alternate character and switch characters in-game as a work around. Not to mention performance issues, but that's to be expected. Issues and the LODSA premium shit aside, the mmo is actually kind of enjoyable, and this is coming from someone who will drop 90% of mmo games after a solid week of play. I have yet needed to grind since doing quests alone gives a decent amount of xp, so that's definitely nice for a change. The dungeons and skirmishes are pretty fun too, although playing them with randoms is getting annoying with lack of communication and teamwork.

man i love those games so much, i replay them at least once a year
and i was so fucking happy at first when they announced the MMO only to get my heart shattered by how casual it is

i only wish there was some way to scale the interface in 1st one cause everything is too tiny to read in higher resolutions

come on we all know it will be full of casual shit gameplay and aweful story,

I bt you didn't get the rapter cohort starter you faggot.

Also game is shit hack n slash with none of the versatile fun real D&D has, nevermind the fucking lore inconsistencies up the ass, like the OPEN Mind flayer coven that doesn't follow traditional illithid archeteture in any way that employs FUCKING THOON FLAYERS, as if the devs forgot what they were, which they probably did.

Game's only good for lore mining, and that funny as fuck Pylactery quest.

But seriously, someone needs to rip the 3d models from this, because it'd be a waste to all imaginable communities if they went to waste.

This.

Have you niggers even played Sword coast legends? Shit is stuck in limbo because of 5e being shit and unupdated as fuck

Time for a present for the only viable to play NWN game

Fuck it, I'm bored off my ass and wan't to talk about this game.

Installing the game

First, you actually want to get NWN, so go torrent NWN Diamond edition from Piratebay or something, this is generally the one you want, you don't want to piss about wuth DLing NWN stanalone then the expansions.

Win7 user will have trouble with installastion, so you need to follow this guide in order to ensure you don't mess up:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html

nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Windows

You may also suffer from issues involving non playing cutscenes in the start of campaign chapers when playing or chrome/silver skin at character creation.

The chrome skin issue is usually fixed by simply installing the critical rebuild 1.69 patch found here:

gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/why_is_my_characters_skin_silver

The non playing cutscene issue is caused by a number of different problems, but the first thing you must do is install Bink, found here:

radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm (First DL link)

Here are some sites which can usually help you fix this issue.

gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/videos_and_cutscenes

Using this is how I fixed my Non playing cutscens issue in NWN, however, so it's probably this one.

mirror.aleturo.com/Games/NWN/

Additionally, disable the shiny water option sound ingame, it's a shit, causes savegame bloat and crashes.

Now that you've pretty much installed NWN Diamond edition patched it and made sure you've got no issues, It's time to install the Premium modules, which you can find here:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-General-Discussion-Forum-No-Spoilers-Allowed/UNOFFICIAL-links-to-redownload-previously-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html

Download and intstall all of these.

So now, you've pretty much got all of the Vanilla content. Save for Darkness over Daggerford, which was cancelled.

You might also want a fan made module on what happens between Shadows of Unrentide and Hordes of the Underdark, plenty of those on the neverwinter vault.

Community patches/gameplay improvements

Here I will list mods that are to NWN what the Unofficial Oblivion patch is to Oblivion, you'll want to download these for sure.

neverwinternights.info/index.htm

Community Patch

neverwinternights.info/p170.htm

A community patch for all those nasty bugs 1.69 didn't fix.

Also will merge data in you .2da folders togther rather tha overrite if you place them in a folder and run a batch file, so it works with just about anything, includign any installations of the PRC or other modifications you may have installed.

Lastly, there's the PRC, which is a mod that injects a buttload of D&D 3.5 classes and a shitload of other stuff for choice at character creation, amongst other things, such as sub-races that if you name at the begining of character creation, will be seen as their own race.

Before installing the PRC (And most mods anyway) you want this:

neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm

NWNCX extends what NWN can actually do, and is needed to select the PRC base classes at character creation.

Lastly you want something called Leto 1.69 PRC edition I think, for editing PRC characters and stuff.

Honestly, this is taken from an old guide I wrote on the subject as much has changed on the modding scene since then, as we now have a working mod manager that works in the same fashion as the Mod organiser for bethesda games, which is a godsend compared to drag'n drop Override files to NWN1.

There'd be more links to mods here, but they were all to the old neverwinter vault, whcih shut down and changed to a new site, so they no longer work, and their search engine is piss, so it's hard to fidn the old stuff.

Anyhow, the basic stuff you want is the game fully patched with cutscenes working then the community patch, the PRC being optional if you want it, as you have things like the CEP needed for Custom created modules to play, or persistant servers and whatever.

One more thing, most moduels want these massive fuckass collections of assets, one called the CEP, and the other Project q.

Get both, and also get the CEP 2.1 (An older version) as some modules use it, such as a Hunt through the dark, a popular series of Drow modules.

Oh right, and put the game's .exe's in compatiblity. for windows XP and run as Admin, that's one of the most important things.

There's also a Mod manager for installing mods now, which you can find on the nexus, it's a bit buggy now, but the author is open to bug report submissions.
It's a lot better than the manual method, anyhow.

Lastly, the Sites you need to vist for this shit are the NWN vault NWN1's nexus site for the mod manager (Troubleshoot it as soon as you get a crash, the dev will reply to you) and the other site I forgot the name of.

There's a GOG forums or Bioware forums post on my list with shitloads of info on stuff you can install, but listen to it about the hand replacer things thing, and don't get the character customizer from the forums, get the one on the nexus.

Lastly, a Dance with rogues is literally a massive Fanfiction made NWN module, that is only good for it's erotic descriptions and diversity in playstyle, you will find yourself playing as the fuckslut of the most generic female romance novel Chadthundercocks on the face of the earth imaginable, and you always have to put up with their shit, everyone who advertises that crap every single fucking NWN thread needs ot be shot.

I be it's the author that fucking reccomends it. fuck you.

If you want fun go play the cut Daggerdale module because holy fuck if that was ever completed and relased NWN1 would be seeling as good as Baldur's gate.

Frankly, NWN1 isn't worth that much trouble.

Fuck you, Necromancer class lets you become a Lich, My skelletons are maximum, get PRc and play a Ravenloft server.

Also, NWNO literally has a Warlock somehow preventing a Blue dragon Dracolich from returning to it's phylactery, total horseshit.