Just got done watching the Empire Strikes Back

Just got done watching the Empire Strikes Back.

Too much misplaced humour.

1 Lightsaber fight, are you kidding me.

Two weeks of training and Luke is suddenly able to hold his own in a fight with Vader.

Who is this Boba Fett guy, what's his backstory, what did he have for breakfast…….. terrible writing.

2 films in and we still don't know who Han Solos parents are.

The whole Hoth scene is just pointless.

It's unironically structured like ESB but longer and therefore has more stuff. Han's sidestory is basically replaced by Finn

and by It's I mean The Last Jedi.

How is losing a hand, getting cornered and end defenseless on the ground holding his own?

He held his own for a long time so long the battle was edited in between two other scenes

Vader was clearly toying with him to the point where he started hitting him with garbage!

It would be rather pointless to immediatly stab someone you are trying to convince about something.

He was pissed off and breathing heavily by the end

That depends. The one you are trying to convince might be a Jew.

Luke's not a Jew though.

one of the things Vader threw broke a window which sucked them both out to an un-pressurized part of the floating city…… Luke look like hell as well. Anyway the point was to capture Luke and send him to the Emperor as a prize not to kill him.

Yeah, after Luke finally winged him after 15 minutes of fucking around. Then Vader immediately cut his blade hand off and made his big pitch.

Lots of valid points OP, great thread

no before that when Vader surprises Luke in the corridor hes breathing heavily

err that's his breathing machine he's disabled…. see Revenge of the Jedi to see why.

Great writing.

He had to hold his breath to sneak up on him stupid, obviously he has to catch his breath afterwards

Is this some new shill strategy? You're going to convince us that Star Wars was never good, therefore it's okay that Disney blew a few billion on awful movies?

Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi have weak middle acts but very strong beginning and ending acts while the original Star Wars maintains it's high quality and pacing throughout the whole film tbh. Phantom Menace has a weak beginning and middle with a strong ending act. Attack of the Clones has a strong beginning act with a weak middle and end. Revenge of the Sith has strong opening and ending acts with a weak middle.

You never saw anything other than disney's soy wars…. pathetic.

All this.

I agree with all that except I think ROTS holds up well in the middle.