Etrian Odyssey V DLC

Remember how Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold had DLC?
Remember how a whole class and several sections of the labyrinth were locked behind DLC?
Remember how we all thought this was only going to escalate in future titles?

Well, it turns out they're… apparently not doing that this time?

The only DLC this time appears to be an FM synth soundtrack option, additional portraits (not additional classes) and a couple of quests that get you extra EXP and increased item drop rates. No DLC labyrinths or boss fights, and no DLC classes.

What's going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

sq-atlus.jp/sq5/dlc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Proof or you're a faggot.

I'm just happy that they are leaving the garbage under the Untold series and the main series is mostly clean.

sq-atlus.jp/sq5/dlc/
In order

The game's only four days from release so it seems unlikely that they're still keeping quiet about anything.

Did Atlus finally wise the hell up? If music and skins are all that's on DLC, there could be hope left for this series.

Super excited for this game. Being able to customize and play portrait dress-up with my OC-donut adventurers is a dream come true. Race/class restrictions make it even better.

Though I heard there will be a way to overcome that, and that's lame.

Yeah, but when's the English release? This series is far beyond my elementary school kid Japanese.

Locking synth music behind DLC is still a really fucking dumb decision.

Apparently the FM music is still being worked on.

Story Mode is a mistake.

It's fucking unbelievable, isn't it?
They're actually doing everything right somehow.

The North American release will probably be next year. Early next year if you're lucky.
As for Europe and Australia… Well, NISA have decided to stop handling Atlus's European releases, so… 2018 if we're lucky, never if we're not.

Sure, but it beats Etrian Odyssey IV, which had no FM synth music at all. DLC apologia, I know, but this IS the first time Yuzo has had to write two whole soundtracks.

Holy shit, I was going to drop EO because of this. Great news.

EO2U bombed in Japan. Nips were outraged to the point that they demanded Shigeo Komori to step down from being the series director. Of course, can't say if the reaction was due to just the DLC or the game being retarded in general, but it seems that Shiggy got the message.

What was so retarded about EO2U, other than the DLC? I played EOU to death, but only made it to 10F of EO2U and even that took a lot of stopping and starting. For some reason it just doesn't engage me like EOU did, but I can't put my finger on it.

Enemies were balanced around story mode.
and story mode was balanced around OP as fuck shit they got.
Sure it wasn't the end of rine story mode or bust, but it made a lot of enemies feel tanky as shit especially later.
Also hurt your party comp options if you weren't willing to go full autism to make something work

I like it, most rpgs have too many handholding designs that give enemies an achilles heel on purpose. Enemies should be broken, overpowered, and efficient.

except EOU2 had neither. They just became HP bags. which is the laziest shit

Bump

I'm loving the FM OST already.

This puts me at ease. I wrote a letter to Atlus about EO2U's DLC. It was abhorrent and unacceptable. The most substantial thing here is the FM soundtrack, which is worth virtually any sum to me, not only for the in-game option but also the assurance of the CD's release. I'm prepared to preorder this, which I never ever do, because I fucking love drawing maps and killing monsters with lolis.

UNTOLD 3 WHEN I WANT EXTRA PET SLOTS, SUBCLASSING TO NOT BE COMPLETELY BROKEN, WARRIOR'S MIGHT AND CHARGE TO BE NERFED, AND MOST OF ALL MAKE PUNCH MONKS MORE VIABLE I HATE HOW THEY ARE THE DEDICATED HEALBOT CLASS.

Shit, now I have to buy this. FUCK.

I'm still waiting to see how the jap release pans out before I get excited.

I'm glad people spoke with their wallet and Untold 2 didn't sell so well once everyone found out about their scummy tactics. They didn't take content out the game to put into this one.

The FM music was most likely made after the release so I'm most likely going to buy the CD when it comes out.

The new 7th dragon has map va choices. 50ish too between male and females and they even list names

Etrian Odyssey is shit.

the artstyle is shit
the gameplay is shit in comparison to Press Turn , DQ's, demon-co op from SJ, or simple turn based per turn like FFX.

Combat is shit, "y-you have to use your imagination xD" lazyness, pedoshit dungeon crawler worse than older games who already did and did it better.

it's a cash grab for weebs and neckbeards.

Really enjoyed the feature. Having a ton of voice actors that just say cool one liners and war cries for combat. Like Stranger of the Sword City.

I've listening to the music for this series for years and still haven't gotten tired of it. I wish Yuzo would go back to making the FM version soundtrack to 4. I wonder why it was cancelled.

Damn, this is looking to be pretty fucking solid. Can't wait when its out.

Just hope they don't butcher it to hell when they localize it

Shit taste tbh fam.

Any DLC is still cancer.

Fuck Atlus for taking what was supposed to be a retro series and modernizing it in the worst way. Is there still Floor Jump and Auto-Mapping Icons in this?

I miss the good old EOs.

Pretty sure they even confirmed more classes or dungeons back when they revealed the fancy special edition.

They fucked up with the Untolds by basically doing their equivalent of trying to get the CoD audience, especially Untold 2. They could have learned from this and gotten rid of DLC, but they didn't. Instead they locked the fucking FM music behind DLC and people are somehow still DLC apologists.

The P2W quests for money and exp aren't exactly good either.

Also the game is most likely going to have additional classes and dungeons as DLC. They just learned not to announce that they cut them out before release.

Source?

Like I said, this is the first time Yuzo has written two new soundtracks for an EO game. At least this is something you can attempt to justify, the DLC bosses in EO2U were absolutely inexcusable.

On the plus side, at least we'll know about it before it comes out in English.

If they did that, I doubt anyone would end up supporting the next game. I would assume they're trying to get the trust of the fans back a little. Not including the FM soundtrack is pretty scummy though since those were always with the games until 4. And that FM soundtrack was canceled.

Could have sworn it was confirmed with the special editions, but I can't find anything that mentions it so I may have been mistaken.

Well, they already did that with Untold 2, with the only difference being that that they announced it ahead of time. And people are still happy to support EO5, despite them not learning to keep DLC shit out of it.

Seventh Anguis confirmed.

No, there were no DLC classes or any of that announced for this game. I made threads a few times simply about that stuff.

There's a huge difference between buying EXP for a game that has never needed it and holding a whole class, areas, ecchi hotspring bullshit, and bosses behind a paywall. You make it sound black and white. Now while I agree I would rather not have any DLC of any sort, I still think I can overlook what DLC there is because it effects the gameplay in no way. Except the FM music, which the newer games never had with them. EOU already had the FM music made so they technically had to make only 1 soundtrack.

Then again, even NIS had a 8bit and modern soundtrack for the game Cladun. And they didn't charge any sort of money for it. It puts a bad taste in my mouth but I think the game is still worth supporting despite this. If you don't think it's worth buying because of the DLC in general. I don't blame you. It's almost never used properly anyway and modern ATLUS is pretty greedy with it. They're not EA or Bamco levels though, not that this justifies this.

Blonde Protector.. blonde protector had a hard life