Grim Dawn And You: ARPG General Thread 2 - Mark is a FAGGOT Edition

Last thread got pruned so here we go.

My rioter finally reached level 50. My blackwater cocktail is fully overlevelled and ready to go. The price for extra 10 levels of the skill is that I'm still using lvl 14 molten walkers until I find the elite version of it, but on the flip side, constantly having fire coming out of my feet looks awesome.

With fissure and giant's blood done, this build really freaking fun. All I do is toss molotov (1k fire + 200 chaos + 1k+ burn per second) and flashbang supported by the occasional greater fireball (1k fire damage and about 900 burn per second) and all kinds of mobs and bosses will just die.

Right now I'm considering if I should finish the behemoth constellation or should I try to get enough devotion points to get meteor for greater fireball. Also wondering if I should get more skill points for blast shield since a fuckhuge burst damage with giant's blood failing to proc would probably be the only way I'll die to mobs ever again since all I do is cast and run away like a punk.

Other urls found in this thread:

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36239
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38455
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Salazar,_Blade_of_Ch'thon
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Salazar's_Sovereign_Blade
archive.is/iDHeD
poe.trade/search/otomonakeretem
youtube.com/watch?v=zOxjM2_MbK8&feature=youtu.be
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAQHcBLMFLQbGCZYLYRLhE3EUIBZAFm8XLxo4HRQkqicvLdIuUzWSNuk5DjrhPC09Pj38QXJFjkd-TeNQR1XWWGNYrlnzXaRepV8_ZOdlTWZUZp5oZWjybztyD3KpdO12rHfjeA14enloeu99c4Ckg1-DzITZhO-FfYdqjM-PRpBVkc6SfZMHlG-XeZhvnz6iAKLqplenpaknqW6plKyqrQmvbLXytz65Q7vtvJq9Nr6nwAHAGsEExPbGrsbYyWfPftNv2L3awdwj3dXjauRR5c_qGO1E7w7wH_JF8932SPcy-Ov60vuL_gr-jw==
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abyssus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

While my pet master is very comfy to play I cant get over the fact that he looks retarded, I think it may be time to install that mod that allows you to customize the appearance of your armor
Just starting elite, also anyone knows if it's worth getting the Mogdrogen the Wolf constellation? its a very late game 50 points aka tier 3* and it seems like a pain in the ass to get the requirements

Oh shit, you made a new thread and I didn't notice. Whoops.

Oh god, I was fighting loggy (without mousing over to see how much health he has) and I accidentally ran out of mana after the first wave of his hero tier spawnlings. I know that some demo buffs (flametouched for example) will deactivate if you ever reach 0 mana, so I was fumbling to see which ones I have to reactive for like 3 seconds then suddenly loggy died. I was surprised because I remember going through 2-3 waves of spawnlings on my older characters.

What games would you guys recommend besides Grim Dawn? Already planning on getting it next time it goes on sale, so what else is worth playing?

I just fought him like yesterday on my sab and only had to fight one wave, must be because of how fast he dies with a decent build

Titan Quest is good once you get past what's possibly the weakest opening of any ARPG.
Victor Vran is passable, it's not good.
Van Helsing is okay with expansions
Torchlight 2 is decent but suffers from a bad middle, it has mod support out the ass though.
PoE is… they made it better? The problem is the endgame is balanced around super RNG dependent drops or path of life nodes. Not to mention completing a build is pretty unviable unless you play for months of doing nothing but farming lategame. (400+ fusings for a single decent endgame chest) No longer is it a complete crapshoot to get the right skillgems though.

You know, one of the things Titan Quest did right that I don't think I've seen any other ARPG replicate is the seamless transitions between underground and above ground levels. No meddlesome loading screens stopping you, just a bunch of demons following you screaming from a cave.

I actually made this as a freaking meme build of a guy who just tosses molotovs non-stop at anything that looks at him funny. Everyone was going on about how molotov was useless as a main skill especially on the grim dawn forums. I'm surprised because now with flashbang, molotov, fissure and greater fireball's cumulative burn damage, enemies get 6k plus per second crit dmg, exluding other damage types. Loggy had like 3 molotovs active on his ass, causing him to take nearly 4k extra fire and chaos damage per second

Oh and i never actually seen loggy's face during the whole thing. I was tossing molotovs at loggy off the screen. Full leveled molotov has a radius of 6.5 meters and it's freaking crazy.

why do molotov suck?

also why does occultist suck

Fire and chaos are pretty useless for boosting molotovs. I have 500% since most +burn items come with fire anyway and the cumulative damage for fire+ Chaos is still 1k per second, which fails to be applied if the target just walks out of the fire.

As it is, my molotov does 1.3k burn damage per second without the support of other skills. It takes 100+ mana to cast but any caster build should really regen that in less than 2 seconds and have a pool to at least cast a dozen of the damned things at once. The damage really adds up and it takes care of hordes, spawnlings and ambushers within seconds without needing you to facetank anything while supplying you with a constant source of DoT that makes the enemy miss more and melts armor in case you still want to shoot at them.

But that the point of casters. Unlike warriors, gunners and blademasters, weapon dps means nothing to a caster. Warriors have to facetank to output dps, gunners don't dps when they are kiting, which is near constantly at higher difficulty and blademasters are indeed casters that have the benefit of scaling but they have no range and are easily damaged by enemy return fire. Like how tanks focus on getting most armor and retaliation overall, casters just need to worry about bonuses and procs. With enough bonuses, multiple fireball procs can be deadly.

Cooldown of 3 seconds means you're either kiting or losing out on damage instead of constantly chucking death. Would be a good secondary for a commando, not for a caster

but burns dont stack, do they?
then what's the point of throwing more molotovs other than to give muh fissure which does even shittier damage

and

Burns from different sources do stack is my current inference, otherwise my build has no way of doing near 7k of burn damage per second. Fire damage, chaos damage and other damages get reported as it is as I'm getting like 7 damage jumps per second which i assume include frostburn and electrocute. Besides if my dps is shit, how did i manage to clear loggy right after the first wave got spawned.

Atm my burn damage should be at 3k damage at most from 3 source (IEE gives so little we can safely ignore its contribution). 1k from molotov proper, 850 from fissure, 900 from greater fireball, some shit amount from IEE, along with maybe 1.5k from 3 fireball procs and 800 from another greater fireball-like proc. But those are not constant, so i took the 7k for example instead of the ones reaching 10k.

As for spamming, each one of my molotovs do easily 1k damage per second. The fire last 4.5 seconds, my build currently is able to toss 7 easy if i dont toss a flashbang. So far my normal clicks have been flashbang, molotov and fireball, all done at about the same time as one normal attack (note that my attack speed is only at 115%) but when i fought loggy i managed to toss 3 molotovs after flashbang before the first molotov activated and managed to land 9 before the first one ran out. That's 8k damage for bosses stunned or not moving like loggy without me sticking my neck into its range.

Also, i dont know if they buffed fissure, but it's pretty good now. Cooldown of 1.5 seconds, 15% proc decent pure damage, really good base burn damage and decent stun chance. I'm currently taking care of elite hero mobs within seconds because they essentially get stun locked in a sea of constantly increasing flames. I also found constant DoT to be better for the edgier bosses that use blink strikes at their bread and butter since you dont need to outcompete their dps and just run around while they still get damaged mid blink

I'm currently gunning for meteor but i think the longer cooldown meteor has means i should probably proc it with flashbang, which now has a large ass aoe.

Also ulzuin's chosen a shit. I had to go with reckless power (still 6 levels out before getting it) for me to get a burn boost

So I just started and noticed that I have faction with enemies and I looked it up and it's for nemesis farming but I can't find a clear answer.

Can you gain faction with enemies and just run the entire game joining up with Aetherials?

Nah the enemies be for killing. Being able to side with the aetherials would make the game too easy

is it so wrong to want to side with the enemy faction?
sort of like arcanum

How does this make you feel ?

confused and aroused

He loves the word "toxic" as much as I do (I use it to describe the fighting game community).

I went with the Necros and that chick the Black Legion protected for Pet gear. They're not that bad if you think about it (they're not as douchey as the zealous faction, and they're not pussies like the Rovers).

Why is it that I can never make a good melee build in these games?
No matter what I do, I always wind up dying less with a ranged build. Oh, sure, I'll chew through enemies either way, but it always seems like melee is at a disadvantage in these games since they have to eat up most boss's attacks.
Am I just shit?

The problem with comparing this to arcanum is the timescale of the setting. In most RPG, you either set out to save or doom the world. This implies the world still has factions aligned to the two goals with similar/equal footing, with the PC being the force of nature needed to tip the scale towards their goal.

In Grim Dawn, the doomsday event had already happened. Being able to help the aetherial roll over an imperium that has already rolled over would make for boring gameplay and inconsistent lore (think how they would need to keep pulling dbz tier human bosses from their arse).

From the current perspective it makes sense. You first fight with what is at the inmediate surrounding (burrwitch) then set out to deal with a problem that has persisted (bandits), before discovering the bandits have aligned with the aetherials, so making it clear instead of possession like the warden, the bandits actually allied with them. This sets the ground for more powerful bosses to come along. Then you brave ancient reawakened dangers (undead, cave creatures etc) to get to homestead where you find an organized main army of the aetherial (a step up from bandits in a cave). Then you are led to discover the chtonian cult that are against the aetherials for a different reason, being that they are butthurt that the aetherials one upped them in the doomsday department and are now working on their own doomsday event since the imperium was actively suppressing them. With the imperium mostly gone with the exception of elements of one penal legion, one royal assassin and one inquisitor, they proceed to attempt to summon loggy. This leds to you killing what is possibly the entire cult, their parents to get to loggy. At the end of the game, you haven't actually seen the aetherial's grand master plan and the witch hasn't divined what they are up to either. So probably expansion

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36239

There you go user. If you can fail this build, you probably just aren't made for ARPGs.

This has to be trolling. No one can be that stupid for 400 hours

Well, it was from the fella who brought us this video so anything is possible.

everytime, i laugh

That's cool and all, but those kinds of builds are the slowest melee builds, which already feel slow enough to me. Why would I watch some guys melt to death around me when I could kill 3 screens of enemies in the same time?

Didn't he make another video complaining soley about equipping the shield?
Thats high grade autism anyway

Because your build still dies to mordrogen, and your killing speed will definitely fall in solo play in elite. If you watched the webm another user posted last thread, you wouldnt have claimed that retaliation builds are the slowest in dealing damage.

I suppose you're right and I'll have to wait to see it again.

Where is the necromancer expansion?

Look at it like this user, caster builds and tank/retaliation builds can have consistent damage output in higher difficulties because facetanking is fine for the tank and the caster is usually fucking far away from the action.

A DPS gunner and DPS melee may perform well in veteran where very little can threaten their damage output, but once they get into higher difficulty where they no longer one shot everything and enemies can effectively two shot them or bleed them out even after downing a potion, the ranged dps will spend more time kiting, less time hitting. The melee DPS is force to cap its DPS to increase survivality of the build or go obsolete. Of course you have outliers like tanks with melee range casting but those are very fickle builds that i dont recommend for people until they understand fully the game mechanics

Never ever.

I just want to run around fast with two swords and kill everything before it kills me.
Life is suffering.

Never ever you say?

it's called Diablo

… what the fuck did I just watch

very nice, I need to try that sometime

Get more hp, max nightblade's pnuematic breathing skill. It heals by % so more max hp is still needed. If you want to glass cannon you better glass cannon from far away

So what's the Commando class all about?

That was in my first Trickster build, I beat Loggy, but it was very, very, very rough.

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38455

Probably one of the better built blademasters i have seen and the author still says run when you're debuffed by reduced resistance. Still, 10k hp would allow pnuematic breath to shine.

Commandos do well as retaliation tanks (but they lose out on retaliation damage bonus and health regen/bonus from the shaman tree but in turn gain more technical skills that do direct damage and debuffs like molotov, flashbang, hellfire mine and mortar while you tank).

They also make impressive bleeding/internal trauma 2h AoE DPS builds with forcewave

god damn that's edgy

You forgot the part where he quotes DMC 3 of all things.

If you don't think this is one of the best levels in any ARPG ever then you need to get the fuck out of my face

Wait, so Black Scourge needs you to be one that kills and it doesn't count if your pets are the ones killing enemies… I just remembered that I had this in other character, the bonus to pets is nice, I guess I just want to have an army of pets following me goddammit

Well, you're not allowed to be crazy with level building anymore because these days everything need to be dull, grey or blood red.

This reminds me of the ideas some anons were throwing around for a pretty good ARPG.

That's because black scourge isn't a fighting pet. It's an 8 second ticking timebomb.

Oh did you farm for the sword the chtonian cultist leader is carrying in the cave hideout at burrwitch outskirts? It's a rare weapon that lets you summon one of those cthonian harbingers. Forget whether it was by chance or is it a granted skill.

I havent really farmed anything yet for this build except maybe some manticore eyes for the relic got the name of the sword? I may try farming tomorrow

That would be pretty cool.

You're going to have to kill this
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Salazar,_Blade_of_Ch'thon

To get this
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Salazar's_Sovereign_Blade

That would be really cool. If haram.

Alright, thanks broseph

It sounds like you're getting into conspiracy theory territory.

Then you have a good game.

Let's go deeper

What's wrong with using conspiracy as the basis of the storyline? Your character is supposed to be an ageless immortal.

If you're really going to commit to that angle, then there's only one way your story can go: You do 9/11

Bonus points: He's Jewish.

I think you mean he's Judas. But that would invalidate cool eras like babylon, assyrian, ancient chinese etc

Oy vey, the Jewish people have a long and storied history, you antisemite.
Gilgamesh should be your mentor who teaches you how to play the first part of the game.

Considering that the Japanese already decipt gilgamesh as some immortal who keeps a field of weapons in a separate dimension and levitates them with his mind, i find it fitting for the game's setting.

A sword saint could be one of the game's build

I guess so, that'd be like the equivalent of joining Diablo right out of the gate; good for an alternate run, but not something substantial like Arcanum.

I'm not disappointed but it would up the game from enjoyable to memorable to have that option

aaay

Since it's a rare you can farm for different suffixes to suit your build

I really like this game, but I do have a few problems with it.

In Grim Dawn do you only get 2 skill points after level 50 or is it bugged for me?

It's supposed to be like that.

Since my build is just pets I think that the suffix it's actually pretty irrelevant at least for now
also that level 20 hellhound doe

I have played successful melee classes without involving soldier in older builds. It's a lot more taxing because there's no hp circuit breaker like menhir's will and most of the time you'll be staring at the hp bar more than actually playing the game.

Also, you can play the game on one class without problem, but it's more recommended for casters since anyone who gets physical needs stat points even if they ignore the other tree's skills.

If you do use only skills from one tree, your build officially ends at level 61 because you need the last 50 skill points to get your cheap stat points. That still gives you 122 skill points to go into actual skills. However i do agree. They should let skill unlocks end at lvl 50 but allow the mastery to go up to 100 for the stat points.

Yeah the problem with it I'm finding is the problem with it in any ARPG past Diablo 2 and that's gear doesn't feel as nice dropping.

Like, Diablo 2 had the sweet spot of you go into a boss the first time on a difficulty and beat it and you were guaranteed good drops, not necessarily the best but good, worth the effort, it was only if you absolutely needed shit like SoJs that you'd farm.

But it seems like after that, ARPGs make gear really shitty, like Path of Exile for instance is really bad about this too; you struggle to even get a unique drop at low levels and when it does, you feel like a million bucks, because that feeling of uniques dropping in Diablo 2 were magical, because even if they didn't affect your build they were worth saving to use for another build. In Path of Exile, you get a unique, feel amazing, only to find out 20 levels later that uniques drop all over the place and most of them aren't even good leveling items. You kill a mob who explodes into uniques and you couldn't care less. The sad part is I just killed the Warden and getting epics to drop and I'm just "meh" about what drops.

GD's guaranteed epics are in those shiny chest that only spawn once per boss for each character

My complaint with the soldier thing is that he is pretty much the only physical class. You have the nightblade, but later on he becomes more dependent on elemental damage. I also meant most builds need at least two classes with most magic classes being the exception.

Are actual Uniques worthwhile though? Hadn't encountered any yet

Personally, I think they would really benefit from another class or two. Titan Quest shipped with 8 and Immortal Throne brought it up to 9. I have no idea how they managed to have less classes.
Also, aren't the Shaman and Nightblade supposed to be melee? It seems like they intended every class to have two or three functions.

I think that feeling you're talking about is more for legendary items, at least in GD or TQ. Epics are solid items that you can use to make a character, but the legendaries are shit you start characters for.

Shaman and nightblade are more focused on elemental damage though, and nightblade builds usually involve the more ranged abilities they get. I kind of was hoping for at least an other physical class rather than just the warrior. The main issue is that you will usually just end up choosing another class just to distribute stats.

Last time when I've played Grim Dawn was in some old patch when the Druid was Uber powerful.

Is the class still a decent one or it's best to choose other masteries?

What, do you mean a dedicated physical class? What else could it even have? Titan Quest had the Warfare, Defense, and Hunting trees, but Grim Dawn combined Warfare and Defense into the Soldier class.
Is there a gunslinger class, by chance? I've messed around but I haven't seen one that seems to be focused on guns.

From what I remember of TQ, that's true, I guess I have to keep going, good to know the bosses have that guaranteed drop thing, I did notice the stashes but thought they dropped every time (At least when I back tracked and killed Julius they dropped more than once). So Epics are just low leveling uniques then? The one ones that dropped for me is Marrowband (Probably my favorite right now) and Aetherwoe, which I've stored for another character

Yeah, if it's blue, then it's just an Epic. Still a very good item, but nothing to shit your pants over.

Some are pretty build changing. Bosses drop their equipment which are only rare in rank, but usually comes with some absurd skill/proc. Those are called monster infrequent gear. All heroes and bosses have a chance to drop their gear.

That's because soldier is the designated physical/int trauma class. Have you seen a cadence gunslinger? Pretty ridiculous. But pretty good.

A few nerfs later (stormcaller scion was bumped to lvl 44 instead of 40 for example) my totem, wind devil druid is still going strong

I just hit 69 tonight and my Druid still kicks ass. About to beat the game on elite, just need to hit 72 to equip my new items.

Ok, not a druid, technically, but I majored in shaman for the 2-handed buffs and the lightning.

Thank Mark you kikefaggotnigger.

So I was playing this a bit with a friend and found the leveling to be a bit of a slog. What kind of job combination would give me a lot of active skills?

2-handed lightning shaman is insane with the right gear, you get the electrical damage up even higher with maxed out savagery and unload with a direct primal strike, 1-2 shots most on level bosses on veteran

Try some augments that give skills. Caster builds can give you a lot of spells but don't spread points too thin.

Are you me? I also specced Shaman for the 2h buffs.

Thought I ended up trying out savagery and hating it and decided to use Briarthorn instead. I may go back for it when I have enough points but it felt so weak compared to Candence

Is that the same autist that made the Dark Souls shield equip being broken as shit since it doesn't tell you there is a submenu?

yes

I can't believe someone can be that autistic.

Yeah I have a level 72 axe waiting that will increase my DPS by about 1K. MY damage is already pretty sick. Do about 10-15 a hit, with my lightning firing off and doing 2/3rds of that to everything around me.

Mate, if anything it's the other way around. Savagery is like troll rage without the negative defence impact. It goes up and up and up and up while cadence has a flat increase every third hit.

Can Savagery chain as a default attack to better mix with the other abilities that proc off it like Candence can? Because I think that's most of my damage. I think I may have to play with it as a default attack and see if it does

Do you not have any resistance debuffing shit at all?

If so that is dumb as shit yo. Hell even simply the viper would increase your damage a ton.

Yes, it counts as a default attack.

the shaman 2h bonus skills also can proc off savagery or cadence

Both left and right mouse count as default attacks for the sake of these skills right? If so then I think I'm just misjuding it and it just requires a lot of points to sink in before it outdoes Candence

No, it states there in the skill whether it can proc default attack skills.

Oh that explains a lot. Okay I'll have to fiddle with my set up a bit

He was confused that the partial components could only combine and apply with the same partial components, if he read more clearly, he might have gotten a hint, but I doubt it.

Oh yeah, there's a cool thing about GD if people didn't notice. If you get your epic drops from mooks, you can actually see the mooks carrying it if it's a weapon/shield.

That was in TQ, too. I think it just applies to damn near any item the enemy is using. I'm watching armor slide off these tiger dudes, and it's always fun to see some random skeleton with a pimped out uberbow that fires lances like rockets.

WEW LAD.

That bit about the portals actually made me angry.

How can you be so fucking dumb ?

I'm been away from TQ too long for me to remember that. I really have to get back into it one day since I still have it installed.

This is fucking ridiculous

Any pirate wanna play Grim dawn with me? I just finished downloading .

I had to look up what you'e talking about. Apparently, it's one of the devotion constellations? I never adjusted fully to that new addition. Most of my playtime was from the early days of the beta and I only just came back into it this year.

Keep in mind I'm an old shit in my 40s and I play all these games like I did Diablo 1: Stack damage and hit chance and just run over everything.

May actually not be needed with a savagery build, figured you were also going lightning damage, but if stacking pure physical damage then probably not needed.

shits on sale on steam

Glass cannon life steal ranged chaos+fire damage pyromancer with 4 offensive devotion skills is too much fun.

And then a strong boss monster shows up and could one shot me or stun me and I have to run for my life.

I can never make myself finish this game because I always get bored of it and stop playing even though I usually always enjoy it when I start again. What's the difference between Warder and Trickster later on? I kinda want to start playing and make a tanky lightning character, the nightblade skills seem pretty fun but can it still tank later on or does it turn into a glass cannon? Can you also do a two handed trickster alright?

Heh you're gonna enjoy Nemesis

Now 40% off on Steam until the 8th.

You should probably bring that up closer to 10 and get some defense based devotions after shuffling your stuff around before you get to ultimate

Just think of it as another skill tree anyone can access and you'll do just fine

Have nemesis for athereal, already killed the dude once, he wasn't that hard. Only had 40% lightning resist too.

So I started a Soldier on a pirated copy. Got to level 40.
I was using two handed Forcewave and I was able to spam Forcewave with no cooldown.

But now I bought the game, and started up a one handed Forcewave with a shield and I'm level 11 now and my Forcewave still has a ridiculous cool down.

What gives ?

Are you sure they're the same version? There was a patch recently, I think.

At least read your skill description. The forcewave morph that makes it without cooldown only works with 2h weapons

There is a modifier for forceweave that gets rid of the cooldown.

yeah i found that, kind of a shame i wanted to do a sword and board type of deal

Okay, after playing a bit of TQ, I can confirm that every enemy drops whatever armor and weapon that they're very visibly using. They're usually broken or shitty, but that's still really cool to me.
They don't wear unique armors, from what I can tell, but they do use unique weapons.

High level forcewave (with cooldown) should have a stun duration that is more than the cooldown

Looks like it's time to drop savage, the stormhound shall be a worthy sacrifice to get all that damage on the briarthorn

Yeap savage was meant for levelling till around lvl 55 anyway.

literally nothing of this is true.
The community is extremely helpful and often got me out of problems that were apparent n the beta as well after its release.
Ofc there is a class system he just seems to be to dumb to find it which is actually very very easy and youre even told how to access it early on.
Also rifts do work both ways infinitely.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

How can someone be so fucking shit at video gaming

This has to be deliberately made, nobody can be this stupid

I think he might have some kind of mental illness. Hardcore autism or something.

Still going to miss the little bugger running around and trying to be helpful (then getting his teeth kicked in)

I really hope someone mods a way to get more pets, you get enough has of right now but having an army of minions is pretty fun

Inb4 SJWs latch on to this to force devs to make games tard friendly or else.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mods

There are mods already?

is your head stuck in a hole

Yes
I'm downloading DAIL now

he's blind

I hate that word so much

Blind people playing arpgs. How does that even work?

That would actually explain a lot

Another easy one.

For the user that was complaining about putting points into two masteries. From the DAIL mod page

I'm not sure about the bonuses since they seem unfair (other people would argue that being able to put points to unlock another skill tree would be more unfair than post 50 mastery bonuses though).

You should be able to play your pirated copys save in the legit version by the way

Grim Dawn is 40% off. Should i pull the trigger? Is it that good?

I've been playing Path of Exile extensively the past 3 weeks, and i've really enjoyed that..

Is DAIL worthwhile or is it a jumbled broken piece of shit? From looking at it, I'm guessing the latter.

I just installed it

Heh

I would recommend, I think it is better than D and TL and although I'll be called a shill it's my vote.

I find GD is the only ARPG that comes close to the very good "feel" of D3 combat-wise but unlike D3 isn't a casualized boring piece of shit. PoE and TL can't even compete.

I think it's catered to people who already beaten ultimate hardcore a few times.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Bro, you gotta work on your cropping.

Every time when i open PhotoShop my video driver crash.

you can crop with mspaint

m8…

Apparently this game has new content coming out tomorrow.

archive.is/iDHeD

Its 5 dollars, probably not going to pick up till I max out all the current content.

I need it

I'm not surprised, but shit, this bites.
I was hoping to start a new character with some good items, but fuck it. What should I run?

Put your save where you want them and make a symbolic link to that where the games expect them, that's how I got around the stuttering when you pick items up in TQ.

Interesting, thanks.

I am finally playing this game and I ran into this.

And there was much Wat.

They're actually really good pants for poison builds.

I can understand.
Still.
Wat

Also retaliation builds man.

Your character gets flies buzzing around his/her butt and crotch if you wear it. It's hilarious

This is how diaper fetishes become a thing.

Reminds me of the weird user from 4chan days that was sharing about his fascination and collection of (other people's) used diapers he would scavenge out of waste bins and reheat with a microwave before wearing it.

Okay come on now you are just fucking with me.
R-right?

I think you're thinking about pamperchu user, think he got asscancer from doing it though.

So i just finished with Victor Vran and it was… mediocre to the point i just dropped the difficulty to casual near the end because HEALTHSPONGES at every fucking corner making shit tedious even when i tried my best to go max dmg glass-cannon.

I did like the grenadier gameplay though, just making everything explode a shit-ton is great.

Does Grim Dawn have any class that can blow shit up a ton?
Can you be a cute or gorgeous grill in it?
Is it actually good?

He's not, if i remember right that guy was also a furry and had some Gook "sugardaddy" for maximum degeneracy.

Grim Dawn is, believe it or not, grimdark, so no you can't be a qtpie grill. Torchlight II is better for that.

It is actually good and I am having fun with it. I don't know what you want exactly by blowing up shit a ton but I am playing a shaman with a two-handed hammer whose swings blow up everyone around me.

Damn, can i atleast be a holder of cans(a chick) anyway even if she wont be qtpie/5?
Arpg's are usually so long or at some point get tedious that playing as a gruff guy just makes it dull because i cant even larp being a strong womyn.

I quickly checked and the game does have some "demolitionist" class which sounds intredastin atleast but is the game worth 15bucks it on steam-chan~ right now?

Yes you can be a stonk womyn if you want. This game however is basically Berserk ARP form so I personally don't mind.

It's your money user. Personally the game is worth the asking price but some anons are very hesitant to spend their shekels unless there is a sale.

Well fuck, bought it.
I'l just eat some porridge and canned peasoup for a few days.

As long as there's no healthsponge enemies other than some bosses i'l get my money's worth.

don't get butthurt now user, but please stop using words and abbreviations that doesn't make much sense
or do you actually dress up as a stronk wymyn when you play your games?

We have reached a level of degeneracy previously thought impossible

No, i dress up in comfy as fuck silky lingerie with a buttplug up my ass when playan.
I know it wasnt probably the right word but i dont give a shit, it got the message across well enough and i like playing chicks more than guys because shit i dunno i just do and not because 'Lel starin at man's ass dat's gay'

I just wanna play video games.

Play Torchlight II, or failing that go to the classics. Diablo II got a patch recently didn't it?

Never really got into Torchlight, and I mainly wanted to play GD specifically because I've yet to beat it (keep forgetting I have it).
Oddly, Path of Exile runs fine on this laptop, it's just GD that runs like shit.

Shame - I'm very partial to Torchlight. I fucking love the aesthetics and gameplay. Also not surprising Path of Exile runs well as it was released years before Grim Dawn was even in Early Access.

It's just kind of sad seeing how unoptimized grim dawn, it doesn't even look that amazing.

How hard's GD anyway? Am i fucked if i pick Veteran straight at the start?

Veteran is normal mode.
Don't be a baby.

I-i wont (;´o`)

Also does any class have any passive speedbuffs to go with?

Demo and occultist both have auras to increase speed. Nightblade has an active for that

It's pretty fun to see my pets gang on a boss and slap his shit silly (specially when here isn't more enemies around)
Still wish that there was a way to get a lot more pets, Haven't really finished this build but I fear that the max to have out all the time is going to be around 5 or 6

Are pets specific to certain classes or can all of them have several?

You're going to want Shaman or Occultist for pet shenanigans.

Damn, i allready went Demo.
How are the pets though anyway? Most importantly do you need to constantly resummon them after 60~ or so seconds?

No, the ones you get from skills tend to stick around until they die. Between devotions and item abilities, you might also have a few more monsters running around that you can't really control. Those tend to disappear after a while.

Like said restricted mostly to shaman/occultist aka conjurer for pets also dunno if it's worth to have pets has side damage, since you can get some from devotions and items, I'm geared specifically to scale pet damage, life and speed, next is to max out bonds of bysmiel for damage and speed of the pets

Will the game punish me too heavily if i pick Occultist as a second Mastery for my Demo?
As in arent Occultists magic/casters more so would that fug up my stat growths and such?

I'm actually running an Demo/Occultist, but I'm going for a gunslinger build. You should be fine.

Demo and Occultist was my first build when I played the game. I thought it was actually pretty fun since I'd just throw canister bombs and Dreeg's Evil Eye so people would melt from the pestilence and then explode from the demo bombs.

If making a caster, i went with arcanist since i had a focus in burning damage. DPS gunslingers are workable with occultist, and tank builds can be done but are unconventional (has less gear suited for them) and are less than optimal as tanks, but strong in their own right (good on demand heal, good retaliation damage, can be built to be completely immune to piercing damage, has passive damage shield, can avoid up to 85% projectile attacks but lower hp pool than a shaman or soldier tank)

I don't thinks so no, hell the Demolitionist/Occultist is called Pyromancer so you can guess more or less what is going to be good at

Of course

Holy hell and Batman fucking Joker in the ass this screen for those is nothing if not confutse/5.

Neeaaaaat, i just wanted to burn shit up!

See what devotion skills work for your build and math backwards to see where you need to invest

Back to pets, especially Occultist ones, are they worth it if i mainly try to go Demo to throw as much grenades as possibru?

Only got the raven with 1 point now but allready got flashbacks of similar games with shitty pet AI and shitty pets overall and reading how if i want them to do dmg worth damn i'd need gear with +pet dmg…

Maybe i should just restart.

Pokemon master builds can survive hardcore ultimate. Dont give up yet

The raven is only good has a 1 point wonder to support your other pets I mean it has his uses for the aura but the raven is over all pretty shitty
If you are going demolitionist/occultist you may want to get the hellhound since it gives a nice buff aura to fire, chaos and burn damage , but honestly you're better speccin into something to support you demo like Solael's witchfire
And yeah pets damge only scale with specific pet bonuses, having maybe one has support may be worth it but I dunno man just roll with it and see if you like it

captcha was NTR what the hell hotwheels or is the coding simian now?

Without briarthorn and primal spirit? I dont see that happening man, but I would like to be proved wrong

Yeah i guess i'l just start over again, only got to lvl 10 anyway.
Cant see any of the occultist spells being worth much if i want to lob 'nades, maybe Soldier for some extra survivability from the passives and focusing more on Demo skills that get boost from high cunning compared to spirit.

Hey, buddy, if you stick to the western coast straight out of Devil's Crossing, you'll come across a rowboat you can mouse over and it'll take you to a hidden island with enemies that'll help you level really fast.
You can trust me, friend.

I really like the optons you get with commando, pretty fun to play that
Just dont be afraid of experimenting man you can find some very cool interactions

Also

Yeah, looking at Soldier skills it seems that if i ever want to there's atleast something that might be some use for a demo other than some of the passives.
+It's pretty much the only class other than Demo that actually interests me so maybe it's not a bad idea to combine them.

I've never really digged anything that goes magical be it m-muh nature/eldritch/arcane or m-muh shadows like with Nightblades. kind of weird considering when i was a teen i was all about warlocks and shadows but now i find those boring, maybe i stopped being edgy

You mean that island with lvl 5-9 "naga" enemies or something?

user, demolitionists use magic.

Fire is okay if it comes from explosives you pick out of your ass and not from some crappy fireballs you summon out of thin air.

Uh, dude, half of those explosives are explicitly powered or amplified by sorcery.

Not to let my tism run wild but Demo are more like alchemists who technically are kinda magicky, you can modify you molotov cocktails to do chaos damage and you auras come from gods ans shit so I think it applies since you are amplifying your fire by magical means
Demolitionists are like pyromancer fire all day 'ery day

It's still okay for me damnit!

Berd a shit. Even lvl 1 wendigo totems heal pets better.

Soldiers are literally paladins too. It is the will of menhir that if they are pious enough (by investing skill points to will of menhir) that they auto heal for 65% whenever their hp drops below 33%.

You really didnt expect the nit picking from this thread? come on man

Yeah the bird it's pretty shit man but the stun has saved me a couple times, besides I'm a pet master not a totem master

also
MFW I see all those 6 to 7k crits when I pop sovereign

>especially my flame shoes

I had no idea this shit was so powerful early on, i'll have to remember it next time i build something with shaman.

not true,
not true, you can literally set up your build in a week playing casually, as in, 3 hours a day or so. as far as "completing" a build, I don't know what you mean by that, getting to 100? I personally don't aim for that, the grind this patch is too hard, and I don't have enough time for vidya.
not true, you can get a "decent engame chest" for less than 30 chaos, generally, which is around 90 fusings at worst.

Umm I think you need to be playing the same game as everyone else.

And then you notice that the dot can proc devotions skills and goes straigth to OP town

Best part is that any gear you find that increases cunning or bleeding increases its damage, so you can easily maintain damage throughout act 1-3 without investing in cunning

I've never worn a 6l that's not a tabula, and I've gotten characters to 93 in hc.
As far as uber lab, I've never farmed it, you need special characters to do that, I've only cleared it carefully without letting Izaro keep any buff, granted, not every build has an easy time in uber lab because of mechanics in those builds, like needing to oneshot, needing souls, needing charges, stuff like that, but defensively you should be prepared, without buffs he's not going to oneshot you unless you tank that one slash pulse attack and it's a crit, Argus might oneshot you, but not Izaro unless you lag or don't react to the windup.

in a game with Lag as bad as PoE.

Like seriously you also need to be "defensively prepared" which is relying on RNG to grace you with non shit mods on your armor/weapons.
That provided your self found is completely RNG on how much the game wants you to pay.
Hell even getting a 5L can run you a couple exalts worth of shit if you're super unlucky.
And if you're one of those "lol just buy it" retards then the RNG argument still holds because you're just paying shit to avoid RNG.

It was cool for a while but, as much as I wanted to, I don't think I could bring myself to like aRPGs. It's a shame too, they've usually got a lot of complexity around builds and gear but it all falls flat when the gameplay around it is bland.

d2 druids sucked ass.

Ftfy :^)

agreed, it can get pretty bad, it's really bad for me lately so I don't even play HC anymore.

Are you seriously complaining about randomized mods in an ARPG thread?

So you play self found and gimp yourself purposely? then complain the items you drop aren't good while getting lots of currency that's just sitting there, I mean, the game isn't build for that, the devs intended people to buy and sell shit off each other when they made the game, you can play solo self found if you want sure, but you need a build that can work without any unique that doesn't come out of a common prophecy.

It runs you exactly 32 chaos right now, poe.trade/search/otomonakeretem
Buying a 5l of a specific unique, or even a good rare used to cost quite a bit, so yeah, I understand wanting to link things yourself, nowadays you just use that prophecy though. actually linking in general is easier, ever since the formula got changed, and items don't lose quality when you use a fusing orb on them.

Except buying things is still just bypassing RNG. It also defeats the entire point of playing the game.
also
That doesn't excuse the shitty RNG required for endgame.
ANOTHER RNG DEPENDENT DROP

oh right, and the reason I'm saying it's path of life nodes or super RNG is exactly right.
You need to stack mitigation when the lag's as bad as it is. That or ES which is complete RNG. Like the difference between a good chest and a shit chest for ES is about 500-600 ES.
So yes it's still path of life nodes. I mean there's a reason every evasion based build gets life/EV nodes, it's not because EV is an end all be all. You just need that life no matter what.
No matter the build you need life/ES and since ES is 100% your drops as opposed to life where you can get a massive amount just through nodes.

Now, there's being a retard and there's is being a turbo nigger, the game was balanced around trading, you dont want to? ok you just gimped yourself, dont complain about not having uniques or apropiated gear
It's also one of the reasons I abandon most of the leagues 2 months in, I can't really sell anything but GG drops, trading is a core part of the game without trading game should be balanced very different the fact that trading is so unintuitive is another matter entirely

Also you are complaining about rng from an arpg now you are just baiting

you get shit for healthpool without life on your gear

Yes, there's RNG, there's RNG in every damn ARPG, lots of it, shit, look at the damage variance, chance to proc effects, crit, rolls on items, etc in these pics for example
What the hell is your point?
Also, there's no RNG in the chaos recipe, you will eventually get the shit for it

It's not bad for everyone but yes, it's why I play sc nowadays.
Only really relevant if you're actually rolling your chests, which you shouldn't be doing unless you find a high ilevel base and have an excess of chaos orbs in a SF character.

Every build is supposed to get several layers of defense, do you thing armor builds or life/es builds don't get life? I mean, defense is like half of the game, there's nothing wrong in having to invest in it even if you have good ping.
Correct, again, there's nothing wrong with needing an actual EHP pool, less than half of your points go to life

That sounds fucking gay as shit, what wasted quads.

As I said it's path of life nodes still.

That's pathetic, having a game be based around who can sit around and spam trade channel more, the Pay real money aspect of trading, not to mention PoETrade has been broken with online/offline and Ilevels for the past… 4 years now doesn't help.
It's horrible, and self found should be a viable way to play the game.

So all my points are still completely valid, it's path of life nodes or RNG hell. That or go into some grinding hell of dried lake and early level maps to get a decent base to have a chance to get better gear. Also farm more currency items in dried lake to get more currency to blow on more shit rolls to get more currency.

So yes, it's a horribly balanced ARPG because it's balanced around other people playing the game for you

Then the game is not for you friendo you either bite the bullet or keep complaining like a retard

Still using trading chat, in the year of lord 2016, are you being intentionally dense or something?
you are one of those people I see
Say who? you? Like I said to you dont want to trade, then maaaaybe the game isnt for you friendo :^)

Jeez, man, I played 40 hours of that game with my friend and neither of us had good enough gear to keep up with the enemies, and we were passing each other shit constantly.
You're right, it's not a game for me. Perhaps if it were some kind of MMO, then it would be acceptable.

Also, why are all PoE players such cunts? I've barely been a part of your asinine little argument. Go fuck yourself.

So you can't even muster a defense?
Dump your smug animes, I need to grow my folder

No, this is you and your pal being plain bad, either making a bad build, or not knowing some core mechanic, you can clear white maps with gear out of a trashcan, and then get better gear in said maps.
you can play self found perfectly fine, you just can't use build enabling uniques unless you happen to either chance orb them or drop them yourself, you can do most shit self found even if you're unlucky, barring the harder red maps, and maybe solo endgame Izaro for some builds.

Whoops sorry I misread something in
you need life/ES in both your gear and your tree, just one or the other won't do shit, try aiming for 170% life and you'll notice you'll have plenty for your appropriate type of damage.

it is an MMO, there is only 1 gameworld server. 2 if you count the east asian or thai version distributed through Garena
been a long while since I played with anyone in a party but we usually didn't have any problems, maybe because we've been playing the game for years
the breakdown of the game makes it look like boring shit, all you need is a large lifepool be it life or energy shield and resistance, armor helps reduce the damage of rapid light hits and evasion give a chance to avoid realy heavy slow attacks
if your damage output isn't good enough you die despite having a large healthpool and good defenses, if your damage is good but your health and defenses is bad you die to getting hit by a crit, stunned and gangbanged or just smashed by some heavy hitter
that's all there is to the game, then you can ofc make niche special snowflake shit like permafreezing builds but those tend to be expensive as shit

So you can't get mad when people call it path of lifenodes then.

of course I can you fucking outist, get only life nodes you you won't be able to kill anything, unless you're a Righteus fire build

Please RF need resist nodes too.
And Earthquake builds and sunder builds don't get damage. Even Cyclone duelists don't get damage anymore

well melee builds tend to get hit a lot more, so they need better defenses, eq builds get the damage cluster for whatever weapon they're using, but generally eq is broken, so people just stack defenses since eq needs so little damage because it has a free more multiplier.

go make a EQ, sunder and Cyclone build
Record it doing t10 to t15 maps without any damage nodes on the tree, only health nodes and then come back
untill then I'm going to laugh

With the right weapon you can probably do a gorge with that, probably won't oneshot blues and rares, or the boss for that matter, actually EQ without aoe on tree is pretty bad, so you need to at least get that aside from the life regardless.

Yeah so like I was saying, there are a ton of builds that don't even get damage and just stack life.
I mean RS Quad totems don't get damage.

Trappers don't even grab a ton of trap damage nodes either and focus more on grabbing mitigation than actual damage.

That's also because Ascendancy for duelist gives you free 25% damage reduction and 50% damage because…that makes sense.

I'm not gonna do that shit, but I will show you a build with 12 whole damage nodes that does t15 twinned clears. Which he even admits he just grabs because additional life is too far away.
youtube.com/watch?v=zOxjM2_MbK8&feature=youtu.be

pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAQHcBLMFLQbGCZYLYRLhE3EUIBZAFm8XLxo4HRQkqicvLdIuUzWSNuk5DjrhPC09Pj38QXJFjkd-TeNQR1XWWGNYrlnzXaRepV8_ZOdlTWZUZp5oZWjybztyD3KpdO12rHfjeA14enloeu99c4Ckg1-DzITZhO-FfYdqjM-PRpBVkc6SfZMHlG-XeZhvnz6iAKLqplenpaknqW6plKyqrQmvbLXytz65Q7vtvJq9Nr6nwAHAGsEExPbGrsbYyWfPftNv2L3awdwj3dXjauRR5c_qGO1E7w7wH_JF8932SPcy-Ov60vuL_gr-jw==

is the build

I'm counting 25 damage or crit nodes, Is this an abyssus + hegemony's era build? That's why it has that sort of investment in defenses. when the stupid helm gives you 40% increased physical damage recieved.

So? The point is it's completely viable to do something so stupid as stack HP. Not to mention glass cannon builds are 100% nonviable.
I found that with a 3 second google search, but the point is for how little investment in damage he has, he pumps out 170k DPS and can clear endgame.

There's LOADS of damage nodes in that tree and from the looks of it it loos like Hegemony's Wukong build, which requires hegemonys era staff
but you said NO damage nodes and there's 4 clusters of damage nodes taken aswell as the crit nodes near marauder aswell as 5 jewel sockets for even more damage

Oh man you totally got me! LOADS (21 compared to the over 100 points in that tree).
It totally means that you don't just stack HP in your game!
except you do… totally just stack HP

Oh no so the hole is glaringly exposed, we should completely ignore that because it's only a few builds

the thing is, without that sort of hp stacking, that build IS a glass cannon, it will die to phys damage, or even phys reflect from a rare with some other non defensive class,
since it's wearing this helmet
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abyssus
notice the
also, it grabbed pretty much all the staff nodes in the area, that's plenty of damage.
43 life or defensive nodes
28 offensive related nodes
the rest are traveling stat nodes, jewel sockets, or aura nodes, which could be either offensive or defensive
now a ration of 28/43 doesn't look so bad on a build that's actually focused on being defensive, does it?

You're forgetting he has his ascendancy and 8 endurance charges.
The build is pretty much invulnerable aside from curse immune maps

So with Constellations on Grim Dawn… Is it worth it to max them? As in get all the skills on one?

Yes they level up from experience so most of them do end up crazy for builds.

But hes right user
Druid summoners was arguably the worse class in the game
also
please find me a game where this doesnt happen provided its one that lacks cool downs

Most aRPGs or MMOs today recently add cool downs to force players to use inferior skills rather than make skills distinct and wanted to be used, its absolutely sickening
you should've gone druid elementalist

Cool Downs are essentially over used, they really should only be their for ultimate attacks, not for every god damn skill

meant for

How do these work anyway?
From what im looking at my best goal would be to focus on getting Ulzuin's Torch which is on the left side behind all those Chaos based constellations.

Do i need to get a constellation of every tier in sort of a line to the final constellation i want or can i just pick some eldritchs consts on south and some early chaos consts until i have enough points for the Ulzie's Torch?

Depends. In most games it adds a pace to combat that would otherwise be dominated by just one skill being spammed all the time. An FPS equivalent might be like giving a doom player a fully automatic bazooka. Most of the GD skills that matter do not have cooldown or could be morphed to not have one, making it a build defining skill.

Though those skills that start out without cooldown (molotovs and whatnot) appear to be weak on paper, i still find making a build that revolves around them and is able to survive ultimate fun as hell

Goes by points, but you may want to pick a fire based tree with a skill to attach until you actually have enough to get meteor

You don't need to go in a line, you just need to have enough points to meet the requirements, constellations give your points upon completion (the closer to the middle the more points they give as a general rule of thumb). That being said though, Just because something is on the edge doesn't necessarily make it the better than ones on the inside.

Your Ulzuin's Torch example for instance, Solael's Witchblade, and Magi both have very good fire based devotion abilities that may be better than Torch depending on your build (or you could grab all 3 and rain down hellfire on everything.

That's what i was planning on doing.

The problem is user, Fire ball and fire bolt are both spells that do exactly the same thing yet one is stronger than the other and therefore is spammed
Ignoring my terrible analogy the point I'm making is that cool downs shouldn't be what solely paces a game
Giving one a cool down just so you have to use the other adds nothing to the game except meaningless clicks, it doesnt add challenge, it doesn't add variety it just means sometimes you click 2 instead of 1

Rather the problem is that game developers for some reason think that it would be easier to add cooldowns rather than add actual good variations in abilities.

Diablo 2 did have variations in skills that you could build around and spam, as well as combinations as no class got exactly the same skill with the only difference being damage there was also synergies that helped as well

Grim Dawn is an internally flawed game. You are all faggots even playing it.

May I remind you that this man has a wife and kids.

I am playing my rioter like a D2 character. Toss molotov, greater fireballs and flashbangs at a problem until it stops being one. Fissure being proc-ed every 1.5 seconds usually locks hero and stunnable bosses in place almost indefinitely while i toss more shit in constantly. Hell i finished off veteran loggy without even looking it in its face.

Other anons are calling my build bad because i am not using those better skills that have a cooldown. I disagree since i have been building around said skills and they do work for now in elite. I'll see how i fare in ultimate if i can once again kill elite loggy without even seeing his face.

But for now my build has no realistic way of ever killing modrogen. Any anons achieved that yet?

I have recently started my retaliation tank build and i have yet any idea what should be my spam skill. Atm i am thinking some sort of low cooldown proc that activates when i get hit. So far i have a sword that doombolts people when i get hit

I'm convinced this guy is just a really dedicated troll.

Starting out as a wendigo totem, shit and bug throwing retaliation tank (to be respec later).

It's been a good run with them shit filled trousers. Unfortunately it's time to wipe my butt clean.

He most likely is, nobody can be that dense and stupid

The question is, if i play Single Player, will i get away easy on pirating it? Like, there's no special functions for buying it that i should be aware of?

Currently, i'm studying, so i dont have that money to spend, but if the game's fun, i could certainly buy it in the future.

You can even buy a noDRM version.

And no here no special shit for "preordering". You can even run no DRM version online with another players.

Did they work out the steam/gog multiplayer restriction already? Or was that never an issue?

New Grim Dawn DLC today Holla Forums.

An arena mode dlc would indeed be good for people who have already finished ultimate.

So, i guess i'll just pirate the GoG version then.

That will probably replace farming end game content

It's not free though :S

It's out!

So how do I do the crucible? It's described as a game mode but do I need to go to town or set up a lobby for it or what?

Try talking to that new guy in Devil's Crossing. What's his face.

Damn, I dunno when I'm going to be able to buy it, good thing I still have a lot of the core game to get through

Not able to see him
Does this mean I need to make a new character?

Perhaps. I see him in mine, but I have a new character.

Maybe he's a game journalist, I remember a game journo making the same complaints he just made about Titan Quest when it first came out. They both had trouble with the class system and the portal system.

No he fucking is not

DSP isnt trolling either, maybe its a brain tumor

Is anyone else getting bugged when they try to redo the crucible?

How important is it to max the masteries on GD?
I know stats' are importantru but how impotante?

Also how long's the game? I did play Titan Quest and it's expac though mostly because ancient mythology fuck yeah but the gameplay itself started to get bit stale at the end.

Here fun only starts after 40-50 lvl and first Skeleton Key dungeon.

Get more Cold/pierce resists

What level can i expect to hit on first playthrough?

After 10 level you can get another class and fun starts here. I have fun with 2-hand phys/blood build but build and gameplay can change from high-grade item spells/skills like a 2-hand gigant Aether sword or Elemental pants who turn thin magic caster in to Aether berserker who tank another spells and wreck shit.

So game are more gear depended than Torchlight 2 or PoE.

Damage application rant

If only it didn't take 30 levels of spending all of your skill points on LEVEL UP CLASS that only raises stats and is required to unlock skills instead of doing anything, seriously that shit is fucking atrocious, why do they even give you skill points if you are forced to spend them all in stats anyway?
A huge backstep from Diablo.

Well, what if you want to level one class more than the other?

What the fuck.

I feel like what he wants is some type of on screen representation of the damage type your doing as it hits the enemy.
I think what is triggering his autism is he wants Green numbers for poison damage, and Red numbers for Fire damage, etc. etc. so on and so forth.

But you clearly know what type of damage and modifiers all your damage from your attack on tab II in the character screen.
Below pic related is the magical damage type and their modifiers.

Uh, clearly it doesn't say that and you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know anything.

DnD did that before correctly.
The worst thing about Grim dawn is how little there is in the skill trees, over half of them are passive skills and that gets butchered further with 75% of your skill points going into stats on top.

Gee, I hope this doesn't have anything to do with cloud saving.

It's been fucking up ever since it was implemented

Anyone got a magnet?

What's this thing about?

I had some cultist enemy drop it but the problem is i cant pick it from the ground.

Though nvm, apparently i had gotten it earlier so the game probably doesnt allow duplicates in your inventory.

No, I know better than to use it, but I reinstalled the game recently and it's activated by default. I didn't notice until after I made my character. So I turned it off.

the fuck did I just watch

So wait, are Ravens still shitty and useless?

This doesn't really break the mold for me but I love the atmosphere and it has a nice struggle without being laborious.

My main issue is when starting out the progression feels very samey between classes. The skills you learn are cool but your weapon options are pretty much guns or swords. I kinda wish there was some more diverse options like magic wands, whips, boomerangs or something else. I guess there's crossbows as well but functionally they're not much different than guns. Same kinda deal with close range weapons like mauls, greatswords, and whatever else.

Being playing a pet build, specifically to buff in every way possible my pets and raven still under-performs, so yeah, pretty shit
Still, I put 1 point into it and his skills to have the extra buffs, storm spirit is the only one I'll consider leveling up… maybe, eventually not really

DLC

Pleb. I run a caster aoe dot build and he died on me while he was mid going sanic on my ass. You just have to time it right and lure him out of teleportation for him to end legs first in a pool of hellfire

Now i know for sure you're just lying. It takes 50 points or 17 levels pre 50 to max out a mastery. That's the equivalent of one expanded skill line + 1 passive and no where near the 75% claim. You're only complaining that you're not given enough skill points to max all the skills you want and it's triggering you.

there a lot if skills that work well enough at lvl 1 + bonuses depending on your build. If you're maxing every skill you chose to the point where you're running out of skill points you might just be making your build wrong. As it is, i still end up with 5-10 skill points leftover by the time i end my build. The trick is to gather + skill level to job gear towards the job you're heavily invested in. If you have 10 skills in that job, every +1 skill level item you have effectively generates another 10 skill points out nothing for you. Overlevelling anything except caster skills that dont scale with weapon damage is not recommended

It take 33 levels pre 50 to level up all 100 mastery points. That leaves you with 124-127 points give or take to put into skills for the record, but most of the time your build only needs 50 mastery in one line, not both

Woops, wrong math. Grim calc says 223 total skill points after bonuses

So what ARPG has the _BEST_ gameplay?

I didnt really like the dodge system in Victor Memes atleast, such a cheap way to add something more to do than just mouseclick away.

Both GD and PoE are fun, but PoE gets tedious.

Personally I get bored of PoE a couple of months into the league, its fun to do some lab runs and stuff but the league dies and you barely get parties for masters a pain in the ass to level solo and mapping asuming you have good enough internet for that also being a turbo jew and get your shop going it's pretty fun.
GD has more interesting interactions with skills and devotions and even when it feels at least for me) a bit more clunkier than PoE I enjoy more the skills/themes in GD

Also
Remeber to not ignore your devotions kids

So, uh, what's the deal with these things? I've seen them around, but they never do anything. They just look… ominous.

Why the hell are there so few enemies in your planes of strife? I can't move 2 inches without waves of enemies attacking me from like 4 different directions.

Mostly because my pets are raping everything in front of them and I have all yellow loot hidden that or dunno man I'm just lucky

You still need it thou, in order to get Mogdrogen The Wolf, which is actually quite nice from what I have seen

No I don't, I could just use any other primordial devotion.

You mean ascendant?
The only other pet related constellation is the Wolverine with some resistances, I guess you can get that

I am also getting that.
I'm talking about getting a devotion ability that procs when my pets attack.

oh yeah, didn't understand
If you haven checked it out, the guardian's gaze on the hellhound has a very high aoe clear speed also it's pretty funny seeing him running around with like 15 of the little eyeballs around and then you so see him going sanic mode from the Mogdrogen

As a rule of thumb, your first devotion tree should be an attack proc. Unless you're a retaliation build, it will make your life much easier.

New thread when?

Shepard's Call is pretty shitty on summoners that aren't fighting in the thricck with their pets, too.
Shit, maybe I should restart.

You can unlearn it.

What are the best devotion procs?

I went with Devil for my Demo because there were some +fire dmg passives and the proc skill itself is short range aoe-fire sthingy around my toon but i there could've probably been something better considering i play ranged and kiting's the name of the game. fuck rubberbanding though, atleast it isnt nowhere as bad on GD as it's on most games though

Wait, I thought devotion points and stats were the few things you couldn't take back?

Only stat points and skill points you put into job masteries cannot be refunded

For starter fire builds, look into the magi or solael's witchfire

Well, I'm a retard.

Here's a new thread, I guess.