Fighting Games: Sagat has had enough of Capcom's shit Edition

Ikari team trailer for KoF XIV coming later this week
Juri is out in Street Fighter V, Urien expected to be coming out next month.

Story Mode confirmed to be Arcade Mode but with CGI cutscenes and it'll have special endings for certain combinations of the team besides the 18 regular ones.

Demo is out on the PSstore. It has 7 characters (Kyo, Iori, Shun'ei, Nelson, Sylvie and King of Dinosaurs). Only the final release will be compatible with PS3 sticks.
Definitive Edition to be released on September 20th.

Former Sony exec Adam Boyes joins Iron Galaxy.
Dizzy's already out (for FREE) and Diorama mode coming sometime later this fall.
Juri was released but EU region cannot buy it in the PSstore (only with FM) until august.
Garou getting ported to PS4 and PS Vita.

SNK and Sony are having a pool to gather interest on what game/franchise they should port next: twitter.com/giocorsi/status/758398018777251840

Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena has been released on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/446040/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

/fighters/index.html

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CouchWarriors/status/759203658382843904
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mooAX-0W1PeIT0Q_DJ_Pta
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_King_of_Fighters_XIII
reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/4jjz2a/theory_of_improving_in_fighting_games/
forums.ultra-combo.com/t/why-people-hate-eyedol-again/11915/319
game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1013057.html
mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13603.shtml#75230
shoryuken.com/2016/01/11/snk-playmore-chief-samurai-shodown-part-of-revived-gaming-divisions-future-plans/
polycount.com/discussion/121144/convincing-3d-that-looks-like-2d-wow
steamcommunity.com/app/376300/discussions/0/351660338723031652/#c351660338728865622
amazon.com/SQdeal-GamePad-Joystick-Controller-Computer/dp/B019XQXHO2?ie=UTF8&keywords=Controllers for PC fighting games&qid=1460925020&ref_=sr_1_1&s=videogames&sr=1-1
amazon.com/Microsoft-Wired-Controller-Windows-Console/dp/B004QRKWLA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1470137164&sr=1-1&keywords=Game controller for PC
store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-gold-edition/cid=EP4034-NPEJ00098_00-B000000000000253
ohn.ozhadou.net
game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130231.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anybody else wish sagat kept his look but changed his moves around? I wish he was more of a brawler than a zoner

After all this time, finally bothered watching this. Some pretty solid tips, especially on how to deal with stuff.
That said, I gotta learn to hop like a bunny.

I liked how his move set in IV had more command moves and generally felt more Muay Thai. I'd like to see his move set revamped, I won't say "to be more realistic", but perhaps more like Makoto and make him someone who just beats the snot out of opponents.

everything says he is muay thai, but he's actually a wizard, just like everyone else in the game

Daily reminder that she may not be top-tier, but that smile is.

The developers made a new engine from scratch and struggled to keep the game at 60fps (they managed but with graphical sacrifice). Think as why Supers, intros and winposes in Xrd are in 30fps.

Maybe in the next games they make, they'll be better at optimizing and have better graphics. I really expect a Samurai Shodown to be pretty with a retro/sepia feeling to allude the time the game happens.

It would be awesome if the "conversation" lines like the intro, getting up after a knockdown and winner screen would be done by Vice's VA but all the moves and other stuff are just regular Iori.
Shit, people NEED to pester SNK about MissX skin now.

Is Sagat coming to SFV? Did I miss an announcement or something?

Throw in some film grain effects like old samurai films and it'd be pretty rad.

No. That's why he's pissed in the OP.

Also obligatory mains template

XIV is still the experimental phase. If things go well for them, I'd wager XV is bound to be fantastic.
As for a hypothetical SamSho sequel, I'm definitely in favor of it having unique visuals/different art direction though I don't know how they can conciliate that with the classic roster. I mean, I hope they don't ditch it or, at least, make sure they get better designers this time as practically every post-SS5 character is, at best, forgettable. I admit I like Shiki and Iroha but that's mostly the hormones talking.

Old stuff but Neo G mentioned in a interview that he wants to make a seriously bloody Samurai Shodown for grown-ups, almost like an MK but with a traditional Japanese samurai drama taste.

Other stuff to those that might have missed it:
Oda feels obligated to make a Garou sequel and also wants to make an Athena and Metal Slug.
Ogura wants to make a new World Heroes.
Watanabe wants to make a new Buriki One though, truly, he wants to make a new FG or action series.

I want that Athena ARPG so bad. I simply imagine world and action like Dragon's Dogma but colorful and light-hearted like Okami (though inspired by Greek mythology) with fun underwater and air exploration thanks to mermaid and winged forms. Builds and stat investment could lead to chubby or toned Athena. Oh well…

I heard king of dinosaurs is really bad? This makes me sad as a tizoc player.

most snk games used to have really laggy stages or situations, shit would be inexcusable today

TO make Sagat more rushdown, nert tigetshot and uppercut and buff his tiger knee.

I don't think he's bad just slow, his "hyper armor" looks pretty sweet.

u wot m8

Watching Max play Juri makes me want to put my eyes out

Downloading the KoF demo now.

Does XIV's Just Defend allow air blocks like Garou?

Before Max always seemed like a guy that was honestly having a lot of fun playing games. Now he just sounds like he's adopted some fucking screaming retard persona and I can't stand to listen to him.

And now it's the furfag who's playing her. Poor girl gets no luck.

FGC's very own PewDiePie.

everyone's playing her now, she just came out. Wait a month or so and at least half will drop her probably. At least in tournament.

garou is the only one i can think of that had a lot of frame stutters. but ive only played it on fightcade so maybe thats a fightcade problem

If I'm not mistaken, You can jump to avoid his 720 after the super spark. But with this armor, That may not be a problem. It looks like he doesn't take damage with the armor active? how's that work?

Really his AA is poor, but his options aside from that are pretty solid.
He's like a slightly worse clark. If you know how to play him I'd say he's pretty mid based on the demo.

Is KoF XIII a decent fighter to start with for a newbie to the genre? Because I tried playing vanilla Street Fighter 4 and couldn't get the hang of things even with a practice mode, and I appreciate the fact that there's a tutorial mode for scrubs like me.

oh right, it's also point guard not super armor. So it just acts like he's blocking for a few frames while doing the move. Maxima had a ton of them in KoF13, really really hard to do unless you know the character really well.
See embed related

Any fighting game is good to start with really. There's so much documentation online nowadays. If you're new just focus on having fun and getting comfortable with moving around and doing inputs.

Most of the Neo-Geo KoFs have severe slowdown when it comes to anything that spams sprites, usually blood or flame effects. '99 is the worst, just pick K' and do fucking anything to watch the game run at half speed.

no the emulation is exactly what happens, it happened even in the real neo geo cabinets, at least you can say emulation is perfect.
But yes many snk games had stages where you could run into lag/slowdown problems, it wasn't something snk exclusive, but the worst cases i ve seen have been in snk titles, most of their KOF franchise was free from those most of the time but even then KOF 97, 2001 and 2003 to my experience had such slowdowns happening sometimes.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Which is the cutest new KoF girl?

that's pretty good sounding.

Also here's the other two girls.

alice better get a blue mary skin. move set wise her and love heart actually look fun, but i prefer simple designs.

Yeah, it's a really great addition to make grapplers and slower characters not get completely stiffed by everything.
Also raises the skill cap on them by a massive margin.

Mian forever

Also, I've always loved how Maxima reminds me of a robot elvis

Keep forgetting to remove sage

Muimui

If you're having trouble getting into the genre, you can always join the steam group and learn and play fighting games with them. Just ask the group chat. pic unrelated.

Mian a best

For cute, I can decide between Mui Mui or Mian.

Wud fug Love Heart tho.

I'm gonna miss the color editor

the color editor was great. Too bad i'm not much of a creative mind and the only thing I made was this. Does anyone else have any creative palettes made in KoF XIII's color editor?

Skullgirls has the best tutorial of any fighting game.

Muim-
I hope she plays as good as she looks.

I'm expecting her to be Terry's equivalent to Shingo for Kyo.

How do I get into marvel?

I want to play mvc on fighcade but that shit is impossible I can't do those combos.

There are a few videos of her around. She can't do Terry's Rising Tackle, so instead she has Diving Tackle. It's exactly what you expect, the same animation, just downward. It's great.

Her engrish is pretty HNNNGworthy

SNK please add some of your own characters. We won't get mad

Hey, That looks familiar :^)

I can't decide between Luong and Mian.
I'm leaning on Luong because I want to see her do that face sit attack on other girls.

meant for

She's a mish-mash of moves from the whole FF team + some fuck-ups like Diving Tackle

Anyone here play UMVC 3?

It's gonna be another FFVII remake situation where all the characters were asking for. Vanessa, Rock, Yamazaki, and orochi team are all gonna be in that next game that is going to depend on whether they will go bankrupt or not.

+pachinko balls so we don't forget SNK's rich history of abanonding videogames for pachinko

That sounds better than what I expected

Literally worst game for newcomers.

Vanilla SF4 is garbage, get Ultra.

I personally recommend you to start with SF3:3rd Strike and KoF2002, you can play them via Fightcade for free.

Be sure to read the OP thoroughly.

Like with any other fightan, you need to research the game mechanics, characters, setups, etc. and practice a lot.

There is really no easy way to git gud at fightans.

that should have been the other world team. The womens team should have consisted of Mai, King, and Lien Neville

literally fighting game genre is the worst for newcomers I would also argue RTS since no casual has picked up something from that genre. If they are interested in it might as well pick up the first game they're interested in and then learn about the technicalities later on.

posted this in the old one but

got embarrassed by this fang earlier in ranked. probably only the second one I've seen.

dude is like an octopus from far away but a rabid racoon up close.

any tips for the ryu matchup? I'm watching xian versus xiaohai right now.

Your fireballs and normals are better than his. Keep yourself calm, watch your spacing, and try not to mash. Trust me, it could be much worse. It's a nightmare for Alex players to fight a good FANG

This 100% When you're starting out all the finer details mean jack shit since you're too new to use them anyway. If you're new to fighting games you just need to put time into them and be curious about how things work, be willing to experiment.

Because they wanted the animation to be as choppy as it was in XX?

I know this question is retarded, but how do you guys find your matches? I'm new to fighting games, have only 160 hours in Xrd, 20-20 hours in Blazblue, Uniel and around 40 in KoF. I'm on PC in central europe, that means no local fighter communities or arcades, so my only option is online. I assume steam groups are my best bet, but what other options do I have in terms of finding matches within reasonable time?

I want to marry and impregnate Love Heart all the while holding both her hands in mine in a missionary position.

Play with friends until they all lose interest.

In xrd on pc i just search for a lobby, play whomever is in, add them on steam, and then keep doing that. There is also a discord for anime fighters on PC for my country. I'm not in Europe though.

Depends on the popularity of the game. Best thing to do is try to entice friends.

I didn't notice, everything is choppy. I thought it's because they wanted it to look like anime in motion.

Be glad he isn't. Zoning isn't allowed in V.

It's horse-jockey JURI

Going to try the KOF14 demo. Who is in it?

Thanks doc

No one does lmao

Capcom should just release the engine & art assets for the fan-modders? Haha

Kyo
Iori
Mai
Nelson
Shunei
Sylvie
Not Tizoc

KING OF DINOSAUR
it must be in all caps thank you very much

Daigo confirmed for OzHadou nationals:
twitter.com/CouchWarriors/status/759203658382843904
Infiltration is coming too;
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85
So 3rd place is the best for Aussies.

are there any good sfv mods yet?

sfv remix when?

there where so many good ones

the best game to start with is the one you enjoy enough to actually want to put in the effort required to improve. there's no way around it, in the beginning you're gonna suck & lose a lot.

xiii doesn't have input leniency like sf4, so it'll force you not to learn bad habits, which is good but it might be frustrating

the tutorial will teach you the xiii specific systems, but not how to actually play fighting games. in game tutorials tend to be very limited in scope, so you're gonna have to learn how to find information

if you still want to pick up xiii, i recommend watching juicebox's videos

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mooAX-0W1PeIT0Q_DJ_Pta

also watch some of his character specific videos, if nothing else, they'll give you an idea of how to use training mode efficiently

dreamcancel also has some good resources & a wiki for snk games

dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_King_of_Fighters_XIII

some other good advice for a beginner

reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/4jjz2a/theory_of_improving_in_fighting_games/

good luck homie. if you put the time in, you'll make it. we're all gonna make it

With the addition of Fang I thought we'd see Sagat goin like the Gouken route and just trying to be nice and shit for some reason and let his hair grow or some shit.

That would explain why he has a lot more fans now I guess?

What I was wondering about with KoF XIV specifically was the resources. So you can build up to 5 stocks of meter but you can only use EX moves on your one character who has this Max Mode available.

So the resources other uses are what exactly? Big ass super moves obviously, but there's also like super rolling and cancels that require using meter as well?

i haven't paid too much attention to xiv tbh
because i'm still afraid it's gonna be shit and i don't wanna be let down like with sfv

What system?

This may sound shallow, but Sagat not being in SFV was probably one of the only reasons I don't really want to play it.

He was my fucking *main* throughout all the SF games I played, and then they just deny him a seat on their new game like he's some throwaway action doll!?

Motherfucker, Sagat was there *right* from the start. Can't just throw that nigga away Crapcom.

It's not shallow. I wish I listened to myself when I was pissed off there wasn't all the characters I wanted and expected, too.

If sagat was in the game I probably would have been quicker to defend it, and slower to jump ship. I would still be playing it, complaining every time. I'm better off this way.

Why they wouldn't put sagat in from the start only god will know, unless they really think charging for him down the track will make up for lost sales and pissed off customers.

You mean like how he wasn't playable in the first game or SF2 or the Alpha series until 3 or the entire SF3 series or even in EX until 3, yeah it's not like they've ever brought him in late before.

It's really not that shallow. I didn't buy it because the roster didn't have any of my mains, I'm really glad for that cause the game turned out to be really shitty.

Sagat was in all Alphas

Considering the direction of the game and how neutered it is compared to previous games I wouldn't be surprised if it was for "balance reasons". Think of all the nonsensical changes already made to existing characters and probably even how horribly different SFV Guile plays to every previous iteration because sonic booms have a gorillian frames recovery now. Returning character changes are all goofy as shit though, what the fuck did Juri do to deserve what she got, yet Urien is the same with improvements even?

The way they've made characters is such a horrible shitshow now. Almost everyone has to play rushdown to be successful, so much so that Dhalsim is a fucking rushdown monster now, and it just so happens the best, most used characters in tournaments right now are those built for rushdown

I hope Ono dies.

Right? I'm glad I wasn't alone in thinking this. I was on the ledge about getting it but I read the user reviews and it seemed like it just wasn't going to be a worthwhile venture.

Besides that, is the game any good Holla Forums (compared to the others)?

I wouldn't know, I never had a chance to play them at release.

I was thinking about getting it because it came up in a couple of tournaments, so I was thinking it couldn't be *that* bad.. I take it that I was wrong?

B-but they'll patch it!

You're sure you're not mixing Dhalsim with Nash?

Might as well be the same character honestly, fireball -> dash/teleport into mix-up.

Nigger, those who are on tournaments the most are footsies/zoners characters what the fuck are you talking about.

And this is the best Guile funny enough, not counting mods or how broken SF2 was.

Juri has now more damage, she's a better character now.
However I find the storage of specials horrible on V.

Depends on who you ask. Personally I don't find it mechanically better than any other previous SF game, it's just a very bland experience with very questionable design choices.

I consider USF4 Remix the true SFV

It's worse than Alpha and 3 but better than the rest.

The gameplay is great but it has a lot of problems like the game not reading some sticks and needing mods to fix it and ragequitters online.

If you're thinking of grabbing it or just doubting in doing it. I'd recommend you to see more gameplay and ask people that actually plays, not just people that jump into any bandwagon and then form your OWN opinion.

You can also join the Holla ForumsFGC steam/discord group

Except it isn't, EX and Alpha 3 and even SF4 had stronger versions but LOL he has a new loop in 5 that's more commonly known that makes him stronger now XD.

ignore the worse by miles normals, worthless projectile game and lost frame trap game and the most heavy rushdown potential in the game and the fact her "better damage" that requires situational charges now to get what other characters can without from normal confirms when before it just made what she had better not what she needed to be good.

Capcuck please is SF5 the only game you've put more then a couple hours in?

and lose the most heavy rushdown potential in the game*

I was rethinking it again just now, but then I look at the price on steam.. £44.99?

I could get it cheaper on key sites or the 'bay but still.. Is capcom *that* jewish?

How does it compare to 4? I didn't play Ultra for that long by comparison..

Also no Sagat is a bit of a dealbreaker as well..

Game Mode bantz continues.

sfv is still an early access game for all intents and purposes. even if you like the core gameplay, the netplay and the lobbies (i.e what you'll spent 90% of your time interacting with) are terrible enough to make it not worth buying.

fuck off with your DA-tier self insert """waifu"""

Don't bother with it until it's around $15, it's current state isn't worth any higher amount. It's not like the online will die out anytime soon and it's even easier to jump into than SF4.

Yea.. I don't really think they can justify that sort of price for what is essentially an unfinished game. And the DLC along with it makes this game sell for about £70+. Don't know how people think it's a worthwhile investment just from looking at it.

I don't know how soon that will be though, seeing as how Crapcom is riding the gravytrain into the sunset!

most epic meme ever, congratulations

I'd say about a year or two. I can see them doing a 50% off sale once they announce the inevitable 2nd Season Pass

This dork. No contest.

Would Capcom consider going the DOA5 route and release a F2P "core fighters" version? I'd probably get the game under those circumstances; buy the 2 or 3 characters I'm interested in and maybe even a costume for Chunners.

Considering how fucking whipped the SF fanbase is? No chance in hell, they got a large audience that is willing to drop any amount of dollars and a game of any quality.

Grab it for 30€ tops mate. You'll find it at that price or even less in key sites for Steam.

Alpha 3 is broken, EX doesn't exist. Guile is a solid character in V.

Nigger no, her Okizeme, rush down and mix ups are great. 3f jabs, amazing range, good anti air, DPs. Her only problem is how the storage of her moves work.
She's top tier material.

It left early access with Ibuki/Balrog release.
Lobbies have 0 problems however online has problems with ragequitters or if you play with people with less than 4/5 connection you'll have lagspikes or see people teleport left and right.

The game is not the best but it's not as shit as you guys put it.

Fuck you, fun totally exists.

brb actually just about to kick her ass as faust in arcade

Most likely. Given how they charge astronomical prices for costumes, a F2P model would probably land them in a awkward situation where characters would be either extremely over-priced or cost as much as a costume.

And on that note, I'm counting on pic related to cost between $7-8.

I didn't say he wasn't solid but saying he's the best variant is lying Even SFxT had a pretty good guile because of his easy box string swaps into pressure from others.
But not as great as they were, again did you not play 4 or SFxT for any considerable amount of time as her to see what she could do before for comparison?

Congrats she's a weaker Ryu with situational combos Her DP isn't even invincible without EX so it fails as a reversal and her V trigger is wasted on just making her normals not terribly situational for 5 seconds

I'll be definitely looking into it. Thanks man :)

I wouldn't go that far, but she is definitely the strongest of all the DLC characters so far.

Guile is neutered as hell in this game.

His normals are slow and shit, his recovery of booms is slower and his Flash Kick isn't invincible unless meter burned.
The only thing he has that's any good is less charge time on his booms but they did they so he could LE EPIC COMBO EVIL RYU XD EPIC LOOPS because casuals dislike zoning and Capcom makes fucking everyone be rushdown in this game to look visually exiting to people that don't play fighting games.
And with all of this in the end he's just a poor man's Nash. Why would you play a character that has an 8f d.HP and has to charge compared to a motion character that can cancel his 6f AA into a sonic boom?

The fact that Chris G is playing him and Dieminion isn't should tell you everything.

This is why Sagat players shouldn't want him in this game, he'd probably be some shitty rushdown monster with fuckawful tiger shots.

Nash is a bigger faggot than Dhalsim though.

I still can't touch BB after it hit all kinds of retarded with the plot and anime shit. Not even a date with Christina Vee would make me play BB.

The fgc is also whipped because it wants that weed money and "PROGAEMIN CAREER."

I heard Guile is a mixed bag, but Boxer is mediocre as fuck. Only fgc-Cucks like PR Rog say Boxer is good (fgc-cucks meaning pros hate the game, but it's the only thing to play competitively).

SFV is a sleazy incomplete piece of shit that's still tanking hard. Nothing will change that.

Even if it went f2p, the fgc will gobble it up because it won't call out companies like Capcom.

I wanted Hugo and Sodom in V, but after seeing Hugo become a disastrous mess in Ultra and SFxT (fucked up models, made into a complete retard, Piss-awful tier in Ultra 4), I hope to god they'll never add them in V.

Her MK DP is invincible, just not on frame 1, its not invincible until she leaves the ground. Its not a wake-up option, it seems like its pretty much solely used as an AA.

Like Iori in most KoFs, there would be a period of mourning if Juri would have been shit-tier like Gief and Alex.

Saying she's the best dlc isn't saying much knowing Alex is garbage, Boxer is medicore, Ibuki was broken, and Guile is hit and miss.

forums.ultra-combo.com/t/why-people-hate-eyedol-again/11915/319

I know no one here likes KI, but it's interesting knowing the community is already hating on Eyedol…despite they kept bitching about his release.

Also, here's a daily reminder that Keits is a little bitch who will block you if you don't suck his dick.

Is he too strong or weak? I have no clue how to browse that horrible looking website.

I'd care about and probably like KI if I could actually access it without an Xbox Panopticon or Windows 10kEyes. The genre has precious few current Monster Mash fighters as-is, but they went and locked it away behind bullshit on top of it.

Long story short: They're hypocritically bitching about him being in the game, and some his tools are very good.

KI is one of the few games I regret getting into. Get this: one of the modes in KI has microtransactions you need to use if you want to beat it, and you can't earn the currency needed to buy costumes/said items.

So it's worthless as a reversal and worthless an an AA due to HP (her only worthwhile kept normal) being a on average better option because it's hurtbox isn'y being tossed into an oncoming attack first.

From the dev stream he's a powerful Zoner and Rushdown character that becomes Dev titled god character of the game when you get them to become whole again, so I take it people have took the time to get past the weakness of learning 2 characters pretty quickly

How many times have they erased and re-opened these forums? I gave up the second time they did.

He's both. Warrior stance is OK except for his jump HP being way too good while Mage is OP as fuck. Community is mad because you have to learn two characters and you want to be in Mage as much as possible before you pop instinct.

I wonder how many native americans they actually spoke to to learn how to make a respectable design for thunder.

pretty much, I only ever really use it when fighting characters with a command jump like Ibuki or Bison for a little extra damage. It still requires you to anticipate the jump.

They probably just spoke with some rainbow haired landwhales from tumblr.

They spoke to a specific tribe who just told them to make Thunder a bad-ass with a believable back story as the tribe historian actually knew of the original (Son of two Tribe policemen who were murdered by Ultratech early in his life. He goes to college learning medicine while playing College Football as a line backer. He leaves after his brother who became a MMA fighter dies during the first KI tournament and he started seeing visions of an evil god coming to earth and confronts Ultratech by entering their own Tournament) and came up with the spilled warpaint motif for Double Helix to use (As the whole idea with it is that they are so overcome with anger and grief they don't apply it). There's a presentation online somewhere how they did it at a dev conference though I can't find the link.

As much as we can bullshit about ess-Jay Dubya ruining games. MS did good by actually going to the minority and the minority saying "Fuck pandering to us. Lets make him a bad ass who can fuck up that Ice Aliens shit"

That's actually nice to hear.

neat

It's weird how digital extremes is managing to do a lot right with the gameplay and soundtrack, it's an anomaly among all the bullshit microsoft and xbox has done for a while.

that sounds like some PC bullshit you can shove up your ass

I didn't even know the forums were erased more than once let alone even erased. Does it involve Keits being a little faggot?

The only drama I can across was during a KI stream when viewers made Keits angry with their concerns and complaints about season 3 instead of giving Keits online blowjobs. He went on the forums to bitch about the stream. Keits is a faggot.

That's not really thanks to MS and more due to them being lucky enough to get a minority who wasn't fucking retarded with MUH CULTURAL APPROPRIATION.
That sounds like a cool tribe honestly.

Well there goes any urge I ever had to play KI

The Creative Director behind it at Microsoft behind the KI reboot used to be one of the lead designers on Command and Conquer (Mainline, Generals and Red Alert) and Dune at Westwood. So it's kinda "No shit" the game has good lore and well written characters (Which the tribe they spoke to wanted for Thunder. They wanted him to be a real character with motivations influenced by his upbringing as a Native and not a stereotype, even when they knew it was a game where a Robot fights a Dinosaur).

Found the real tribe they talked to. It was the Nez Perce in Idaho. So thank them for not being wanted to be special snowflakes.

Apparently they lucked out a lot. They found an actual Greek who had a background in classical history working in MS to come up with Aganos. And when they were disassembling Kim-Wu (As Rare said she was Korean but all her move names and fighting style was Chinese), the motion capture actress they found for her was a young Nunchucaku practitioners in America, but her Parents were from Chinese and Korean respectively so that was their basis of changing Kim for the game.

Keits can be a bitch but the guy who does the creative direction, Adam is quite cool when he posts stuff and his reasons why characters do certain things as they are well thought out. Ultra combo is retarded, but there's some interesting shit posted there sometimes.

I'd say the problem isn't the lack of call outs but the inability to act on them. Naturally, the fgc e-celebs won't utter a word of criticism given their throats are clogged with Capcom's metaphorical dick (Capcum guzzlers, if you will) but the average player does bitch and moan a lot. Problem is that it doesn't go beyond that. All that complaining immediately goes out in a shrug of surrender ("Eh, what can you do?") and they'll buy it day one like a good goy.
I confess that if the vanilla roster of SFV were more enticing, I'd probably fall hook, line and sinker. All the bullshit that's been happening during the wait for Juri and Urien helped me break the conditioning, so to speak.

Ultimately, it's not Capcom's bullshit that bothers me since it looks like I dodged a bullet thanks to it but ASW's because GGXrd looks pretty fun but I'm not giving those pricks a dime until the drop this "yearly disc only re-release" crap they got going.

I'm talking about very early days, when the game was still being developed by Double Helix and I was a curious guy who was still pondering if it was worth spending 700€ (XONE+Full game+Madcatz arcade stick) on this game.

SFV is going to fuck up Balrog/Boxer, isn't it?

You know it was about 2 years between Sign and Revelator, right? And for the content differences the price is well worth it. Hell they even gave out the DLC characters for free for the first week or two they came out.

What? He's out

Boxer is considered mediocre at best. Yea, he's fucked like Alex and Gief.

Yea, and he kinda sucks.

If you can look past douche bags like him and Keits, the game's sleazy microtransactions, and other shit, KI is fun even if season 3 is horrible (Gargos and Eyedol are fun to use). RAAM is like a less shitty version of Gief.

The average player is slowly starting to kick Capcom in the balls if that tweet about SFV tanking is true. The fgc can only do so much to keep it afloat.

Arksys's GG team is trying to put a little more effort into reaching the International audience (not much because Arksys still hates the West); the BlazBlue team, however, is a completely different story. That said, I'm still iffy with giving Akrsys any money.

It was 1 and a half years and really feels like it has less worthwhile added content then say Super SF4 added between versions.

It was around 2 years from SIGN to Revelator. The "one year" is for it to come to arcades in Japan with half of the new characters that will hit the console release (Revelator arcade had Johnny, Jam, and Jack-o but not Kum Haehyun, Raven, and Dizzy.)

Why do you think so? I think he's pretty damn good.

People who got over the hype said he's blander than his SF4 incarnation (they removed his head-butt). Rog is the only guy defending and praising him despite PR Rog said SFV is horrible.

Yeah the PSN store is pretty shit. If you don't see it on consoles you should always try searching on a web browser instead. Also Revelator got a ton of shit, new animations and lighting effects, burst supers, blitz attacks, a new lobby system, new story, new MOM, 6 new characters, balance changes, and throw teching.

Or people on a bandwagon to hate everything V does/has.

Balrog has really high damage and good combo links, his problem is like always the lack of crossup and reversal. Also his CA is just Bionic Arm, 0 effort put into it

Balrog is fine and better than Alex (and Alex is a good character, just that Mika does what he can but better).
The only DLC so far that is mediocre is Ibuki sadly.

I'm a Eurofag. Rev was announced before Sign was released here. That said, I'm genuinely surprised QPube didn't fuck up the release date - they're known for delays that range from 6 months to a full year.
I've danced this tango before with GGXX, SFIV and MvC3 with this later one almost single-handedly killed my interest in a genre I used to love. Not entirely ASW's fault but I admit past experiences left me very weary.
downloaded Dizzy though

SFxT gave them a lot of bad rep but it didn't seem to really affect them.
SF5 tanking is probably because they managed to somehow piss everyone off - 8f delay, lack of content, censorship etc. Yet, when I see dumbasses defend shit like the CPT DLC, I can't help but think the battered wives are gleaming with pride over their black eyes.

It's true Rev has enough new stuff to be worth 3 BB updates but they always blueball people with NPCs that we know will be added next. In this case, Baiken. So I tell myself I'll wait until they add her. Then by the next iteration, they'll add Testament as a NPCso might as well wait for the next one…

Because the game is a piece of shit, fam. You're not doing a good job defending it let alone all the loser characters like Alex and Boxer (Quit while you're ahead). If the game's roster was balanced, you wouldn't see Nash in every god damn tourney, and guys like Snakeeyes wouldn't drop characters like Gief.

And you did nothing to prove Balrog is bad besides saying he lost his headbutt.

He does a lot of damage off of easy confirms, pretty good mixups with his cancels and has good AAs. If he still had a reversal I'd bitch about him.

That is if I still played this game lmao

Well that's something to keep in mind.

That's a nice list of changes (Besides balance changes because that happened post Evo and they were all the -sign- 1.10 versions till then and it's expected to balance you game, even super did that)

Now compare it to super which reworked the entire hit detention remaking every character from on model hit detection to now having to implement hitboxes changing a majority of the casts combos and how their normals worked slightly plus acting as a massive balence patch at the start plus adding 10 characters plus 5 stages and 5 extra modes for play
2 extra colours for having a save of the previous SF4, added Ultra's for characters and on top was sold for $40 instead of $60 and offered a even cheaper price through a trade in scheme (it was originally a DLC expansion but it was too large for DLC at the time so they kept going and made it worth a new game) also the previous game DLC costume is now ready for them in this game for free (Arksys loves reselling their DLC). Even waited longer for the next release as 1 year 9 months

It's a mountain of new content compared to Revelaters tall Hill all while being a cheaper or much cheaper price.

Nice counter argument man.

If you want to shit on V, go ahead and shit on it on what does wrong, but don't shit on things that are not there.

I know that you need to hate something because the bandwagon and it's fun and hip to shit on something, but sometimes you have to actually see where the shit is.

V's problems:
==Dinput not working properly== making some people with certain sticks need to use an external mod just to play with their sticks. This is a big issue with a shitty work around.
==No keybindings/keymapping on PC== this is another issue making Keyboard users, like me, need to use AutoKey or some other software to remap it.
==Network is shit beyond 3/5== forcing you to put on the online matchmaking to put 4/5 or 5/5 to avoid this problem
Ragequitters still there
==No preview on skins/colours before buying it in game== so you are "forced" to look for videos or screenshots outside the game. This is a small thing but its still annoying.
==The colour unlock is bullshit thanks to how Survival works==, Easy and Normal are OK but Hard is a chore, now you have to do this for every costume. To unlock this fast we have to use external programs to run onehit KO oneround survivals.

See? Finding real problems is not hard. But the characters, the gameplay, the lobbies, all of it is good.

Don't bring SnakeEyez he's just whinning because Stupendous is doing a better job than him at Gief, Snake still plays Gief even in tourneys.

Yes Nash is in every tourney thanks to Infiltration that is winning nearly everything, and guess what, Nash is a footsies/zoner character when everyone is saying that V only has rushdown.

If you want to hate on something, hate on what is done wrong, not on everything. The game is still only worse than Alpha 2 and SF3 and better than the rest gameplay wise.

Fucking hate how red texting doesn't let me write on the same fucking sentence. Should've green text with spoilers.
Fucking hell

Play Revelator fam.

Apparently not because SFV didn't ship a single extra copy of the game to retailers in the last quarter. Carve 1.4 million into its gravestone.

Nash is the everything character and he's proof Capcom has no fucking clue what they're doing. He's top tier at rushdown and if you have no v-reversal/invincible reversal he can keep fucking you with the stupid amount of plus on block shit for days.
He's also good at zoning because boom startup and general jittering Nash does differs fuckall and his dash while mediocre in startup has most of the frames with him just crouching/standing. The thing also has no recovery so he can do whatever the fuck he wants when it's done.

And Nash while stupidly powerful definitely isn't a footsies character. Fuck the high level Infil/Yukadon mirror was worse than a KoF match.
Chun would be a footsies character if this game actually had footsies. She's the just press HP, f.MP because you won't get punished character. As of right now the only aspect of footsies in this game are shimmy shamwow throw baits.

tl;dr this game has no footsies, it's a mediocre anime game without air dashing, pressure pressure pressure, you can see Woshige's influence

And funny I've only ever seen Snake Eyez whiff punish.

As someone who barely pays any attention to SF, SFIV once had collision hit detection and not hitboxes? That's a pretty insane decision. I'm guessing the EX games attempted something similar.

Why would you ever set it lower than 5/5 in the first place? Do you do that in other games?

dem digits

why does he get shit on so hard?

He has a douchey haircut, but he's never seemed like a bad guy.

Nah, I've only played street fighter alpha two so idk the terminology or anything, but his medium and strong kicks are delicious. He's so fun to use because with some well timed kicks I can stop the opponent in his tracks from half a screen away.

You don't have an idea what footsies are and even less how anime games work or what they are even.

Yu-Gi please, you're killing it.

Some people would lower it just because they want faster matchmaking, remember that when you play ranked and you get to a higher rank (I'm Gold for example), even in casual you get matched with others of your level (Gold in this case). So for people that are on Platinum or so, instead of waiting so much they put it lower I guess. I always let it 5/5 and alt tab to read whatever and wait for the notification to get in.

Who the fuck is doing the commentary for Defend the North, this is awful.

I'm not sure if it's in the final report but according to a early report, Boxer's crouching and standing jabs are slower in 5.

I always see that the more sensible opinions on SFV (so, battered housewives and people who shit on it without justification notwithstanding) fall on two camps - on one hand, despite the game's many flaws, the core gameplay is well done and, on the other hand, criticism that the gameplay is shallow but I haven't happened upon much elaboration on either side.

Anyway, SamSho has a comfortable lead on the "what series you want a port of next". I'm crossing fingers for a uncensored SS5S but I can see them port 6 instead as it's the last one and with the largest roster.

I don't know, I just know he mained Sakura and was know for his combos and execution.

Yes, I'm sure the genius that thinks a character with Nash's walk speed is a footsies character has a firmer grasp of the term.
Enlighten me then what are footsies, cause every post you've made so far just reeks of shilling.

Is it wrong to want a new Fatal Fury before a new SamSho?

I'll never get to play that game with netplay.

Nah, both are good series. A Real Bout Fatal Fury collection would have been rad.

I really wanted an Art of Fighting 3 port.

No - honestly I'm torn between the two.

One of the reasons I think people might hate him is because he brought MorriDoom to the spotlight in marvel 3, which changed the game pretty much forever.
The fact that it was perfectly in the spirit of Marvel (finding powerful combinations that people aren't prepared for until the Meta solidifies) is probably lost on people, in part of because it's only really exciting when something goes wrong for the team.

THE MADMEN DOUBLED DOWN
I honestly didn't expect this one

EVERYONE TYPE IN THE CHAT e79b79 IS A STUPID NIGGER

How am I joining the bandwagon if I knew Capcom was going to screw up SFV after getting burned from SFxT? I knew there was something fishy, but I didn't expect all of this stuff happening (no one did).

3S's problem was the balance (everything else was fine). SFV has way more problems than balance.

Alpha 2 is shit, I'll give you that.

Chris G is pretty shady. He got caught rigging a tourney a few years ago via pot-splitting, came late for tourneys with little or no consequences (which is usually frowned upon), and had a DSP moment where he bitcjhed about the monitor or controllers a while back.

He also uses/used any dirty trick in the book to win (He exploited the shit out of Reptile's glitches in MK9 fights). He's not sleazy like Marn, but Chris G has his moments.

Marvel was ruined way before Chris G made MorriDoom (Remember Vergil? What about Phoenix's brief comeback?).

I didn't say it ruined Marvel (personally I'd say it was ruined when it decided to be Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2, and maybe Dante and Wesker's designs back in 3), but it definitely made its mark. Not only did it make Morrigan be seen as Viable at high level, but it shifted the balance a little from pure rushdown.

Morrigan didn't change the meta that much though. Now if Rocket Raccoon, Arthur, or even Phoenix Wright were in Morrigan's situation, then I would say the game's meta was changed. Some people found out Firebrand was great, but he didn't stop them from picking Vergil or whoever else was top in UMvC3.

I disagree. I think it managed to keep Mahvel's frantic pace while making it more accessible overall.

If you didn't pick top-tiers the fgc deemed mandatory, you were screwed. Jean Grey Phoenix still ruined UMvC3 when Filipino Champ brought her back.

If you were screwed without top tiers, the FGC didn't "deem" anything, they were mandatory.

I should have said "thought were" or "made."

Anyway, you were screwed without at least one top-tier like in MvC2.

The game is more offense focused and I feel like that has caused some of the complaints about the gameplay. You get rewarded more for going dumb, not to mention fucked up characters like Mika and Nash

Yet people have tech to go against her. Zero/MorriDoom/anchor Vergil are way worse than Phoenix. Honestly, you sound like someone who couldn't learn how to block vs early vanilla MvC3 Sent and cried for his health nerf.

And I mean accessible in the gameplay sense. LMH combat and a dedicated launcher/misc moves button made generally getting a feel for a character a lot easier/faster, which I think is definitely important in a game like Marvel.

I've never played Marvel 2 or Marvel 3. Which is better and why?

Same. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

3 is just weird.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is the best marvel

3 is less "broken". As in, it's functionally the better game and doesn't amount to a second rate MUGEN game. Which one is more fun that's subjective.

If this user is still lurking this thread, any system would be fine. I have UMVC 3 on all available systems.

Nice dubs anons. I have personally met Ryan(Filipino) and Chris personally at Pasadena Regionals 2016(UMVC 3 Tourney). They may have their moments where they are at their worst but they are swell people. At said tourney, I got to see and speak to Neo, Clockwork, Chris, Ryan, Ricky Ortiz, Angelic, Cloud 805, and a fuck ton of well known Mahvel 3 players.

they're both highly similar. Marvel 2 honestly, it's a little easier to understand what's happening on screen than marvel 3 just cause the sprites and animation are just that good. in marvel 3 it just all seems like colors going everywhere.

Either way, it's just super tense footies and then going for big cuhrayzee combos you have teammates to help juggle but the opponent has teammates to assist to get out.

Either one's probably fun, but it'd be hard to find someone to play with unless you know people who'd like to play already.

uSF4 last patch managed to make Hugo and makes Steamworks online playable. Pity it was too late by then… ie. replaced by SFV

Is GG Xrd update available on PS3?

*work more like his SF3 version

uSF4 new characters had such poor QC. Poison had no hurtbox when she moves from standing to crouch.. wtf?

Defend the North 2016
Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Results

1. PIE|Smug (Dudley)
2. NYChrisG (Sakura)
3. Autodemon (Akuma)
4. Mutiny|Sanford Kelly (Sagat)
5. EG|K-Brad (Cammy)
5. Liquid|NuckleDu (Guile)
7. PAG|DragonGod (Ibuki)
7. EMP|Hiro (M. Bison)

I like k-brad a lot, but I have no idea why he is sponsored by one of the bigger brands.

He's sponsored because people like him.

because we already got the best one

Hey, I saw this pic posted last thread, and I was wondering (sorry for asking for spoonfeeding), where could I find rips, mods, and code related to Xrd?

I've always been interested in GGXrd's cel shading style and I want to find out how to deconstruct and replicate it as much as possible. I haven't been able to find anything like the adjustable view, unless this is in-game.

I remember that.
He's a salty cry baby that moans when people call him out for being an asshole from what I remember. No idea if he's still moaning after moving to west coast.

There's a model viewer coming out soon for it.

On Vita or PS4?

Once you have a stock of meter you activate MAX mode. If you do raw activation you'll have full MAX meter but if you activate during a combo (you can do that for combo extension) you'll have access to half the total MAX meter. 1st character on your team have smaller MAXmeter once activated, 2nd has a little more and the last character has the biggest and thus, can stay longer during MAX mode having access to its EX moves.
You can spend 1 stock of meter with Guard Cancel Roll for evasion, Guard Cancel Blowback as a "get away from me" mechanic or with super moves called Desperation Moves(DMs). A Super Desperation Move(SDM) costs 2 stocks and a Climax DM costs 3. You can cancel a super move with another (called Advanced Cancel) of higher cost (DMxxSDM, DMxxCDM, SDMxxCDM). During MAXmode you can do a SDM or a Climax with a reduction cost of 1 stock (SDMs costs 1 more stock of meter and a Climas 2 more) but that cancels immediately your MAXmode.
Video related of the first public build.

You should play the demo (if you don't have a PS4, try at a friend's house like me). The only thing I'm afraid is the netcode. The game looks like a less crazy XIII with better normals and AA like '98 (not at same level of '98 Daimon's df+C of course). There are some minor things that I didn't like but I can digress about '98, 2002 and XIII too.

Revelator? Yes, and it still have crossplay feature with the PS4 version

On the PC version you can unlock 60fps for those scenes. It is intentional because of the consoles. The PS3 version you can opt between a high-res with lower FPS mode or a 60FPS mode with slightly worse graphics.

I see. I did read that jump ins are very effective in this game and how characters without reliable reversals are pretty much fucked. Also why most grapplers and FANG inhabit the bottom of the tier chain.

Anyway, MMCafe got more info from a recent interview ( game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1013057.html ). Some snippets:
- Oda: "There's no on-off switch for the Rush system and we believe that the Rush System has been balanced enough that advanced players won't be able to exploit it. In fact, nobody at Evo was using it, and I believe it's because the advanced players are better off without it."
- Oda: "Updates are something we'll need to think about. Traditionally we released a new KOF on an annual basis, but whether that fits with the customer's need in the modern age is something we need to figure out."

And once again, they underlined there's no plans for DLC characters.

mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13603.shtml#75230 (and post #75232)

SNK please I have high hopes for this game.

Hopefully this won't affect the casual audience they will obviously go for later on
I'm thinking they're going to do the Arksys buisness model and go for KOFXV in the next two years or they would be a god-tier company if they are working on another Garou or samshou, but I doubt it.

Also does mai have the same face as tengu?

I've got a feeling based on what they've said in past interviews that their next line up will be a new Metal Slug, then a new Samurai Showdown, then finally Garou 2.

Out of curiosity, what's the worst that can happen with the rush system?

I have no problem with it being in/existing, I just don't like how you can't turn it off.
Casual players will always use it as a crutch and never really learn to play the game completely if you can't disable it.

God yes. I would love some co-op arcade in my life.

I think the main complaint was that the Rush combo is safe on block but that's just what I've heard. There's probably a window to punish Rush combos but the game's brand new so nobody's figured it out. I dunno, if they just do something similar to P4AU or UNIEL, where the auto-combo costs more then just super meter, or is completely subpar to manually doing a very similar combo for better payout, it's fine.

P4's autocombo dealt temporary damage and UNIEL's autocombos were always very subpar. You could literally do the same attacks in the autocombo but they wouldn't hurt you and you'd do more damage, too.

I think that will be the big one. It will bring in temporary players at the beginning but they will leave once they realise that's not the proper way of specials in a fight game. Also with a genre like fighting games, a dedicated community is the lifeblood and not planning for the long haul with instant gratification is bad.

Also there have only been a few tournaments, we haven't seen the full meta of it yet, and do we know those tourney players opinion on rush mode. Will it be SNK's 8 frames of lag?

I'll have to see it to believe it. All stock holders will see from KOF is that people want more KOF and so for all we know they will be making KOF for the rest of eternity. Unless there is news or info that this Chinese company is different in some form of developer freedom.

New stage transitions

I thought it was official additions all the way up to the india stage

The Chinese company wants to turn SNK's IPs into the Asian Marvel, they're bound to dip into franchises beyond KoF.

Metal Slug 8 will definitely happen based on the PC port sales and the increase brand awareness from Metal Slug Attack/Defense. Plus they've already said Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown are part of the revival plans;
shoryuken.com/2016/01/11/snk-playmore-chief-samurai-shodown-part-of-revived-gaming-divisions-future-plans/

Pretty sure that's one of the reasons why Nakoruru is in KoF XIV and why SamSho is part of the port survey.

Nah, GG XrdR tutorial + mission mode is better

I'll take this thorn if it means the netcode is decent.

Allegedly, they put all their resources into XIV so it's a make or break for them (like how DOA was named DOA because if it flopped, Tecmo would go under). I won't pretend to know how much these PS4/Vita ports cost them but I'd imagine they'll keep pumping those to stay afloat and gauge interest on what to develop next.That said, most of the key people on the XIV team already said what they'd like to do next; it's just a matter of assessing if it's viable or not.

It's DOA. All the chicks look the same besides Lei-fang, Marie Rose and the NG characters.
Incidentally, any Nyotengu players here? I could use some pointers. :^)

It might mess up jab links.
Also don't like the fact that it has exclusive moves (very apparent with Mai).

Thanks doc!
(I'm all for equal opportunity but colorblind people shouldn't do palettes. Juri's are horrid beyond words.)

WOW now I know I can fucking walk and press buttons to do combos, GGXRD actually taught you about the match ups for things that think might be hard to deal with (and bases it around your character) with the missions being updated for revelator to include more match up advice missions

Unless you have a bar for the DM in the RushCombo, it's not safe at all.

That's not really a KOF thing but Mai A's blockstring seems fine in the demo. To activate a Rush Combo you must mash really hard like Ralf's Gatling and Chang's spining ball.

Now that's a real complain but I think people that don't want to learn things wouldn't bother anyway.
I think a better single player experience like incorporating real life situations in the story mode and better tutorials would be better.
Xrd tutorial is nice but it's not really casual friendly. It just gives you the situation and explains. But in Blazblue you have a dialog from the actual characters telling what are doing and a short story of that lesson. Antonov's tutorial is a little funny but still too simple.
What I mean is that we need Blazblue's characterization with Skullgirls/Xrd quality.

I still see Rush Combos as a way to piss off your opponent.

they know

it didn't show up when you go to the PSN from the game. you must launch PSN manually then search for guilty gear revelator content, and then download dizzy from there. of course it's too late now so good grief

that was the second thing I tried, I found it through the browser PSN eventually

How do you mean?

Ragna the blood edge has to pay his taxes and the game calls you a fucking nerd for playing fighting games and you should just play moba's like everyone else :^)

On the subject of technical analysis (and partial replication) of Xrd's cell shading style, I can spoonfeed you polycount.com/discussion/121144/convincing-3d-that-looks-like-2d-wow which is an excellent thread with lots of discussion and further materials.

that's actually in-game

steamcommunity.com/app/376300/discussions/0/351660338723031652/#c351660338728865622

Said the manchild who uses top-tier faggots like Nash. Yea, I'm not taking anything Dale says seriously know how much of a lolcow the guy is.

Play against a meta team with some joke team like Rocket Racoon/Nick/Arthur. It's an uphill battle no matter what you say.

I loved Sentinel in MvC3, and didn't think he needed a nerf; Jean Grey, however, can rot in Hell (no match with Jean was fun).

3 is shit.

I spoke to a guy who dealt with FC when he worked with the Canada Cup, and he never had a good experience with FC. FC can be a douche.

I heard Ricky and Clock are nice while Gootecks and Ross are hit and miss (you'll either like them or want to slap them).

Hugo was still shit-tier even when they fixed his whiffs.

I haven't heard anything "lulzy" coming from Chris G lately, so maybe he mellowed out when he realized he almost pissed his opportunity away (Sanford mellowed out). He's still a douche bag imo.

Nowadays Gllty, Arturo, LTG, and the Smash community are getting their shit kicked in.

Why do I have the feeling FilipinoMan is a much more annoying version of Marn?

Are their stories to how these people got their shit kicked in? Besides LTG, he needs no story, as everyone knows why he got his shit kicked in.

tl;dr

Gllty is a crazy tranny whore who went Noel Brown on someone making fun of him. He begged people to pay for his Evo trip with bullshit dates even creepy losers wouldn't go on.

Arturo Sanchez is an awkward, pot-smoking manchild no one really wants to sponsor.

The Smash community…well, you do that math with how horrible the Smash community is.

I'm watching his stream right now and he seems to agree with you. He does not think Boxer is all that great. He bitches a lot about his shitty AA options.

Wait. Gllty is actually a dude or are you just fooling around?

a transexual, and an sjw

Yup, Gllty is a sjw-tranny shit head who "whored himself" through a bullshit date to land tickets to Evo. Gllty tried to dox/blacklist the guy who made fun of him at a tourney, but thankfully no one really pays attention to that tranny shit-stain.

my attempted translation:
beating someone with a (higher tier) character doesnt mean you're better it just means you're (lacking in skill therefore you use a character that requires less in order to win)

Should we change KoF XI to KoF XIV on the mains template, since not a lot of people here play XI, and XIV is coming soon?

I know this is off topic and shit, but HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET GOLD RANK ON THE LAST ONE WITHOUT A.I. BREAKING / ABUSING THE A.I.?

And don't say harmonize, that gem sucks.

I need tips!

I play Chun, Akuma, Lili, Ogre, Cammy and Ibuki, in no particular order

I've pretty much memorized the cast, so if anyone has any tips, they'd be greatly appreciated

Also, picture isn't mine, I have gold rank on every single one except 17, 19 and 20.

Gold rank on 18 was fucking mind-numbingly difficult

Actually, if anyone has any tips on mission 19 as well, I'll gladly try ANYTHING at this point.

I didn't think anyone still played SFxT. How dead is the game now anyway?

Gllty isn't an SJW I thought? Where's the proof of this?

I think it had sex with ultra David as well a few years back

It's actually incredibly active now more than I think it's ever been which is fucked, and I think you know the reason why

Everyone good (famous, evo champs, etc etc) is gone, so now normalfags, scrubs, mediocre talent and people who wanna just play casually have flocked to it like crazy as of late.

I'm not even kidding.

The top tier is in constant battle as well, and there's upload being made constantly.

I think that, the people who've stuck around for it since the beginning that never stopped grinding are now sitting comfortably near or at the top, meanwhile, everyone else moved on the moment a new fighting game with flashy effects or mass appeal was / is released.

My shit 2-cents. Take from it what you will.

Seriously though, I can body people online, but yet I can't get gold rank on mission 19 and 20.

The Rubberband A.I. effect in SFXTK is REALLY ruthless. In SFXTK the A.I. will blatantly read your inputs, so it's fucking frustrating as hell.

Uploads*, rather.

So what's the best version of the game? Xbox 360, PS3, or PC?

Your preference, m8.

They're all the same except PC, in which scripts can be written to make the characters naked.

Can PC also fix how people's custom colours can make it look like visual diarrhoea?

The option to turn off custom colors doesn't exist I believe.

If you're gonna buy it, just go the PS3 route, you can play across PS3 & Vita.

Really though, at the end of the day, your decision is the best decision for you hun.

Gllty isn't an SJW, they're talking out of their ass. There's no reply to your post because there IS no proof because she's (he's, she's, whatever), never been an SJW in the first place, so there're no "proofs" to post here.

After playing some KOF98 and KOF2002, I notice its ideas bleeding into Sf3. Just defend, super-jumps, dash, universal overheads. Giving everyone options means a narrower tier band. The more I play, the more I believe that sf3 was Capcom's attempt to out-do SNK….

mfw the best fun (re:non-tournament) mode in Street Fighter is Alpha's Dramatic Battle and SFxT's Scramble mode

Why are you replying to yourself m8

Lads, I've been trying Tekken on keyboard.

It's not even that bad. Attack buttons as ARROW KEYS and movement as WASD. But it's definitely not jiving with me completely. Any tips or rebind reccomendations from others who play on KB?

I might go back to pad but I'm really interested in making this work for Tekken 7. I suppose I could try MK9 or Skullgirls but I'm not as good as either of them as I am Tekken so I feel i should practice on my main game.

amazon.com/SQdeal-GamePad-Joystick-Controller-Computer/dp/B019XQXHO2?ie=UTF8&keywords=Controllers for PC fighting games&qid=1460925020&ref_=sr_1_1&s=videogames&sr=1-1

amazon.com/Microsoft-Wired-Controller-Windows-Console/dp/B004QRKWLA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1470137164&sr=1-1&keywords=Game controller for PC

Take your pick. Don't be a scrub.

I mean't for

Not trying to samefag.

They're talkin out of their asses if they claim to know ANYTHING about GRTSWD OR Gllty.

Just trust me on this, Gllty is not an SJW.

*GNTSWD
Jesus christ I'm piss drunk retarded.

Anyway, just go to his/her twitter and ask him/her directly.

How do I 3d-fightan? Any ideas from 2d to 3d fightan transition?

I have tons of gamepads in the house so no thanks.

Playing on a keyboard seriously?

How casual are you trying to be? I'm asking honestly here.

If it doesn't have ghosting issues it's superior to any gamepad. What are you talking about?

【 Super Street Fighter IV - Juri's Theme 】 【 Cover by Torzelan 】

I'm not trying to be anything I'm just testing it out because I feel it may have potential as an alt hitbox or something. There's so many keys I feel there's gotta be someone better at FGs and/or with more autism to know a better config for it.

I'm getting the feeling I should utilise the NUMPAD for hit buttons somehow.

I wonder if I should have all my fingers on the buttons at the same time or if I should hop em' around like a gamepad or WASD type locations.

You're insane.

If that's the case, bring your superior keyboard skills to an evo tourny and prove how superior the keyboard is.

I'd love to see it, myself.

Put your wrists on the keyboard at the most comfortable location and then hotkey the keys that you feel your fingers can access most easily with your right, for your left leave i, o, p, k, l and ; open for whatever arrangement you want

iop = L,M,H + Punch
kl; = L,M,H + Kick

I've only keyboarded for one game, MBAACC.
Worst idea ever. Got a compatible arcade stick and pad to go along with it and everything was much easier.

That's how I did it when I did play MBAACC for like 20 minutes with a keyboard though, WSAD and IOPKL;

is there a console version of kof xiii with all the dlc characters included?

what game are you trying to get into?

you could do hitbox-style keybindings. i've been playing vf5 with one and it's pretty comfortable

it's cool to hear that people kept with the game after capcom gave up on it.

Why are you being such an obnoxious faggot? Do you shit on hitboxes too? How is a hitbox with more buttons in any way bad?

Oh just go fuck yourself

Are you seriously saying that third strike had a narrow tier band? Chun vs Yun the game

Calling others obnoxious is a bit hypocritical.

You have more control, it's more configurable and it makes things like IWR much easier due to not using a shitty d-pad. It's about as much of fact as keyboard/mouse being better for shooters.

Luffy plays SF on a ps1 controller, doesn't make it any less inferior to any other available option.

Why are you so agitated by my saying that keyboard is better. How the fuck am I supposed to win evo with an evo illegal controller? What kind of a fucking exemplar of proof even is that?

That D-pad was made for fighters.

I'll agree it's dumb as fuck to say "Bring it to a tourny" to try and prove anything, though. The bottleneck is always skill.

As for the layout you mentioned… it doesn't really apply to Tekken which like I said is what I'm trying it with. It might work with Skullgirls I'll give it a go but that binding seems awkward as fuck.

My fingers are now above the function keys. Dunno what kind of huge keyboard you have or maybe you have serious claw style but this ain't working. I'll leave my wrists on the desk.

you could do hitbox-style keybindings. i've been playing vf5 with one and it's pretty comfortable

Sure. I don't know what those binds are, though. Gimme the keys.

I think there's a PS1 pad in storage but it wouldn't work on my PC because of the connector. I assume there's USB converters online. DS4 feels off somehow for extended play. Hate to sound like a weak faggot but anyone find the DS4 dpad tends to hurt a bit after a while of intense playing? Especially for BDC in Tekken. I don't know if I want to make it my permanent input, hence why I'm experimenting with keyboard right now.

I find the one single part d-pad on dualshocks absolutely horrible. And I was mostly referring to him having to use a brook converter which also adds a bit of lag.

Hitbox style is using space (or something similar) as a direction so the bindings fit the shape of your hand and you don't have to move your fingers around constantly. I've never given it a serious try.

Well, the most natural resting position for my fingers seems to be

WASD, SHIFT, SPACE
or
ASD, SHIFT, SPACE

(NUMPAD) 456, ENTER. ARROW RIGHT.

Might give this a go after some food.

Ok, new revelation so far. I only rebinded left hand so far and I can already tell that the main issue I was having was rapidly switching between A/S for backdash cancelling. Using A/SPACE is much more effective (yes I'm using SPACE as DOWN). However using SPACE for crouching and other movements is a whole load of no.

Unfortunately the PSP emulator doesn't have alt or multi binds and switching between emulated stick and d-pad causes the game to switch control schemes some way. I don't know how to describe it but it's definitely fucking things up and isn't 1:1 anymore.

What this means is I can't have S for down as well as SPACE, which would be ideal.

This is just an emulation problem. I could overcome this with keyboard rebinds but my KB doesn't support that function on Linux so I'll try again later.

Just give me Rera and you guys can do whatever you want

You know, it may actually be more responsive to just mail your inputs to the tournament a week prior.

Name: Rashid
Height: 178cm
Weight: 85kg
Blood type: A
Birthday: 7th of June
Country of origin: Middle east
Dislikes: Fighting women or children, loading times
Fighting style: Wind, parkour

It's "interesting" how they go out of their way to underline these things. Maybe they should put "watermelon" or "malt liquor" on Boxer's dislikes as well.

At least KoF has cute dorks unlike the PC wankfest SF turned into.

Polite sage.

Woshige? The guilty gear player? Shit, why the fuck did they get a guilty gear player to design a street fighter game?

i thought shiggy was just a playtester?

at this point i think i've completely forgotten what the point of a polite sage is

A disc version? No, but the EU PSNstore has an All DLC bundle: store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-gold-edition/cid=EP4034-NPEJ00098_00-B000000000000253

Like how to deal with a zoner, rushdown, pressure, some setups and mixups. I'm no game designer but I just think the game must teach the player how to play the game while making him confortable and entertained not making look like a chore.

Maybe. I already made mine but I might change since recently I love using Shermie in 98(and Brian) and 2002. Also I don't really know my team for KOFXIV. MuiMui, Nakoruru, Luong, King of Dinosaurs, Athena, Kensou, Kyo, Terry, Alice, Zarina, Mai. There's many characters that I want to try before deciding anything.

Look at this piece of shit

and here I thought nobody played Brian in '98. Also, I like what you did for your KoF mains in the template, with the backgrounds for each game.

So the French Bread treatment, where there will always be this tiny, incredibly dedicated fanbase that will keep on quietly grinding away for nothing more than the fun of it.

I wish I could have kept up with the fuckers still playing UNIEL, but I just lost all my free time for a year and suddenly it was like I was an 8 year old touching an arcade stick for the first time. It was pretty bad.

You can't trust the Boon

Gllty did resort to SJW tactics to fuck with someone who made fun of him in a tournament by trying to dox and blacklist him in the fgc. No one bought Gllty's shit because Gllty is a piece of shit.

Nice try defending a douche bag.

It's already been known for a while gllty is pretty fucked in the head. But, that's pretty self explanatory in a case like "hers"

really like backgrounds with good use of people that aren't distracting.

The problem is that developers try to make AIs be a substitute for actual players which is something they'll never do. Better to make the story mode opponents work differently to playable characters to more easily get the point across. But hey, making an AI that does a couple of canned combos and randomly presses buttons is less effort.

I'm at the holiday house and only have my old PS3 and SSFIV

What's the best way to practice? I'm getting btfo by hard CPUs

practice for SFV that is

I don't get this thread

tiers are for queers

posting mains.

What's the best Vampire Saviour/Darkstalkers on Fightcade? I should probably know the differences between them but I don't.

I'm thinking I might add Ibuki as my main in SF5, she's been pretty fun.

Okay?

At this point you need to realize that LTG will talk shit to get attention and views

What was wrong with Chun-Li in Street Fighter 2, Alpha, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2?

Are you asking because I don't main Chun in those games? If you are, it's because I don't play them enough to consider having a main in those games.

Vita.

Ah, makes sense.

Have these stages in an animated gif? I'm trying to find the Dudley rainy road NG or 2I stage.

Hooooooo

ohn.ozhadou.net
26 - 28 AUGUST 2016
The Menzies Ballroom, Sydney

Ret's go, Just In.

Asian pros aren't a hivemind. And Infil switched back to Nash after he failed to implement that ridiculously OP thing.

lol

Fuck UM.
no seriously both UM's are broke as shit and no fun to play or watch compared to their original counterparts. And I'm not being a nostalgia faggot, they should rather have the regulars or kof13 or maybe even garou

k

This some grade A kikery.
Or is every tournament like this.

lul

Gotta bunch of people that got animosity towards black guys cause their dicks are bigger than them. These are guys that are jealous, cause they don't carry, they don't possess, BBC. They don't possess that GOD GENE that's involved in these black men out here.
Keep getting jealous while your wife asks for CUCK-HOLDS. While your girlfriends ask for CUCK-HOLDS and WISH that they could get FUCKED by these African warriors with these huge BBCs that could pipe them down to the point where they could FEEL each and every last spectacle of their pussies getting VIBRATED and THRUSTED until the orgasm just SPEWS out. Keep saying NIGGER, keep saying BLACK.
Come on you CUCK-HOLDS! You love it! You love this shit! I’ll be that monkey. I’ll be that monkey. Yup, with a BBC. Enjoy it. Have your woman take this dick. She’s imagining a HUGE Black Cock. Why do you think your bitches get huge dildos!?
You guys don’t possess the BBC gene. That’s why you’re upset. No BBC equals anger. You’re upset, you’re mad at these African Cocks. These Rhino Dicks. That’s why you guys like saying nigger so much. I get it.

List that every relevant pro that agrees.
Or are going to duck and say "wow being so retarded and not browsing these chinese websites" again?

Topanga, Daigo and Infiltration

Guess people call you a stupid faggot often huh?

Daigo, Bonchan, Fuudo and Tokido all think Nash is great. Daigo has Nash as a secondary, and Bonchan switched to Nash from Ryu. Tokido had to grind out the matchup with Daigo.
Now cite actual sources.

I recognize you from a few threads back when you made the exact same post and the exact same talking points. Would be nice if you actually formulated arguments.

Goddamn, what is with top players and their shit taste?

Strange position to take.

The doujins are gonna be fun.

I preferred Juri when she was just a edgy cunt by nip standards

game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130231.html

Itsuno wants people to tweet #RivalSchools3 at him.
We all danced this tango plenty of times before. Capcom releases the previous games in upscaled graphics (but they call it HD anyway) to "gauge interest" then tell us to fuck off because it didn't sell 5 gorillion copies.

If they included School Mode fully translated, I'd be okay with being told to fuck off afterwards

I think NESTS had a reason to dump her.

I did it for '98 because I love that Osaka stage so I might as well do for the other ones. But thanks.
Extra Brian and Extra Shermie are insanelly fun to bait opponents until they realize I can't throw tech them and get grabbed until the next fight. 98UMFE is truly superior for a bunch of characters. Advanced Kyo in 98 is just the easier path to win. 2002 Kensou is really shit compared to his 98 and XI version. I rather play EX Kensou in 2002UM than that nornal version.

I remember VF4 having a "CPU Pro Ghost mode" or something like that where they created special fights with the AI copying certain pro players tatics. Like if you had in USFIV a battle against Daigo's Evil Ryu in a special mode. But yeah, fighting games developers cares fuck all about the AI of the game only teaching bad practices for the players while claiming their games are e-sports worthy.

Yeah, because Goro's df+C, Chizuru's pressure and Iori general seems pretty balanced in 98 and 2002 as a whole is a broken game only nostalgia faggots don't admit with Angel's infinites, retarded Athena/Vanessa and May Lee's unblockables. 2002UM is far from being balanced with Kasumi, Kyo, K', Nameless and Andy but is still better than the uglier vanilla version.And I speak as an Athena main
98og I can give a pass but EXTRA mode is useless. 98UMFE fixed many things of that game while being far more balanced.

NEW THREAD