Lost Soul Aside

dualshockers.com/2016/07/30/this-gorgeous-game-was-created-by-a-single-man-inspired-by-final-fantasy-xv/

Why are you not making your own game, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/03/how-south-koreas-government-is-destroying-the-korean-gaming-industry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do, but I'm not that autistic.

Visually it looks like garbage. Can't get a proper cage on gameplay though. For some reason I feel iffy about it from the footage.

How? It doesn't look even remotely similar.
I guess maybe the open world bit?

*gauge

Blonde dude seems pretty motivated

Why aren't there any developers that can manage their resources worth shit?

How is not arrested yet? blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/03/how-south-koreas-government-is-destroying-the-korean-gaming-industry/

I guess it ultimately boils down to passion.

Anton and Whopecker?

This is pretty impressive for one guy. Food for him.

He's using a large amount of UE4 shop assets. That field is one I spotted right away.

Not complaining or calling it a bad practice. You buy them, you're allowed to use them. A lot of these single man projects do it so no big deal.

The character models look pretty good, and I'm sure those are original.

On his twitter he claims that he was inspired by one of the FFXV trailers. Hence why the main character looks a lot like Noctis. He says that he'll change it some time later.

Welp, time to abandon development on my game and commit sudoku

So Not-tis?

so is this a final fantasy rip off or

It looks much more like a cuhhrazy game than anything Final Fantasy

It's not a surprise that he's a fan, especially since he's on twitter telling people not to make fun of FFXV

but you play as the FFXV protag
you even make your weapon appear and teleport like in FFXV

Like I said, looks nothing like a Final Fantasy game

but it looks awfully alot like FFXV

For something like this, you have to put it in perspective. If there is one dude behind everything then you're gonna have to give him serious credit. Besides, it looks leagues better than most AAA trash I've seen so far.

This is like the major example of how a good game is born, with passion and hard work, not from kikery and le "all games are a product they're trying to sell so shut up and just fucking buy it" meme.

I have: no creativity, lack the skills necessary for programming, lack the skills necessary for art, can barely do middle school math, and can't problem solve worth a shit.

From the article on niche gamer, "The developer stated he has no intention of funding a game that he’s not 100% sure he’d be able to finish."

The game looks great and I hope the dev continues work on it.