CAPCOM Q1 Net Sales Down 24.9%

techraptor.net/content/capcom-quarter-1-net-sales-24-9

hah, serves them right for censoring SF5

Honestly i've reached the point of my life where i love and hate capcom at the same time.

Some of my favorite series are from capcom, Monster Hunter, Basara, Resident Evil, DMC, Onimusha.

But then Monster Hunter is handhelds only on shitty hardware and terrible controls, Basara is jap only, Resident Evil is going in weird and retarded directions, DMC is essentially dead and/or when it continues we're not sure if they have any decent talent working on it, Onimusha is super fucking dead.

So it's like, i love what they do, yet there's always SOMETHING that fucks up my enjoyment of their products.
I hate them yet objectively most of what i play is BY them.

Why does capcom have to be like that?
Why can't it be like the old days where they made fun stuff and i just had fun playing the stuff they released?
Why can't it be that simple anymore?
It's quite the conundrum.

Doubt that, but when you have Konami up against you you really gotta step your game up
I mean shit despite being complete cancer I actually kind of want to play the MGS3 pachinko machine

None of these stocks reports matter. their stocks can go down 24000% but if capcom is still going to have it's head in the ground, throws some blames out, and not actually do anything different then they are obviously going to maintain their business strategy. They haven't learned a thing since their Megaman, DmC development days, the only thing different is that Inafune left.

So only the pachinko department saw a loses? what about gaming?

I am where you at
Hell, the last thing I want is to see any game company fail or hurt themselves. I want them to do great, I want them to make great products
It just seems like it never happens
No one innovates, companies are more obsessed with not offending someone than artistic integrity, they want to get as wide an audience in possible so they make their games as boring and all-in-one as possible (making them never exceed at anything)
The huge push to sell products in mass really is killing gaming. Once (if) normalfags drop this hobby, its going to be a barren wasteland devoid of the creative talent that thrived it.

And for making shit games and shit business decisions. I wonder what happen first, Capcom bankruptcy or massive firing of their current management.

Ah, that wasnt the webm. I thought it was
Thought it was the one with sales and marketing and how it influences product. Anyone got that one? I thought I had it but cant seem to find it.

Serves them right for letting MHX's localization get butchered. Maybe after they die the franchise can get bought out and move back to Sony.

Let's not forget the mountain of beloved IPs that they have been sitting on for years yet refuse to make.

Even though Dragons Dogma was a good game, the Breath of Fire name was sitting RIGHT THERE and got ignored.

And don't get me started on how many times I bought the same Darkstalkers game hoping "the fans would show enough interest" only to find out capcom can't even be bothered to make Street Fighter without someone else paying them to.

Seriously, fuck capcom. They are worse than EA. EA at least releases games.

Not true! They released a new game recently!

On mobile.

Meanwhile SEGA is getting their shit together.

anyone else never like Capcom? seemed to me they were always holding back what little good things they actually had.

Let me guess, they were hoping Umbrella Corps would be a success?

Let's say capcom dies, who gets to make games of certain series? Like what happens to games that are owned by capcom?

Censoring SF5 was the least of it's problems

It's great isn't it?

You really don't know what's going on in the pachinko business do you? It is dying because of two big factors;

1. Japan's government is getting closer and closer to legalizing gambling. The fact that gambling is illegal is the only reason Pachinko is still a thing, outside of japan it's not popular at all because other ways of gambling are available.

2. The Pachinko consumer base is dying. Only older generations play them, the younger generations have turned to mobile games instead.

That's one of the reasons why SNK bailed out of that industry and returned to gaming. Once Japan legalizes gambling before the 2020 Olympics, you'll see the whole industry completely collapse.

They just had to try the fucking eSports crowd. If they didn't, then the game wouldn't have been rushed, characters would not be censored, and the game would actually work, and maybe they wouldn't be trying to fleece casual audiences for 4 goddamned dollars for one fucking costume.

Hahaha no fucking way. I can imagine that overpriced pachinko machines based on videogame IPs are becoming less popular or just getting ignored, but Pachinko will live forever as long as there are Middle Age Dumb Ass Oldies (or MADAO) to play them.

I can only hope its dying so people can shift those resources back to making vidya, while Konami dies.

That or Sony put pressure on Capcom to release it early in order to have it as a money making "exclusive". But now they probably have a dead game that they have to pay people to play

Well duh, isnt that obvious?

When Korea relaxed it's gambling laws, practically all pachinko parlors evaporated within a year.

We all want pachinko to die after what happened to Konami.
You mean like The Last Guardian? Honestly if things were getting fixed in SFV then I'd believe this, but nothing is being fixed so there's no chance.

Considering Japs dying more than having kids on top of what I said earlier, Pachinko won't last.

Not even surprised

Japan currently has an atrocious birthrate and all the generations that got addicted to pachinko are old and dying.

(con't)

People make the joke of SF fans being battered housewives, but there's no other way to explain it. I bought this game knowing that there was nothing in it because hey, I'm going to buy it eventually and I'd rather get a head start on earning on the content. But it's amazingly barebones. Training settings don't even save. Survival Mode is the worst mode in any video game to date save for Mario Party minigame where you have to pour your own blood into the console. Very basic things like that. And I stuck with this thing because I just figure massive, unavoidable flaws in the game like that would be solved lickity-split. It's been what, 6 months now? Like a housewife with two black eyes I am stuck here in this 60 dollar relationship praying it gets better because I'm unwilling to admit the company I actually like rushed a game and didn't care to make end's meet.

And you know what? All the major shit, they're probably not going to fix until the end of the Capcom Cup in December! I'm thoroughly confident this is going to be an SFxT situation where the game stinks, then a massive patch makes it good, but everyone's gone already.

And it's an easier remedy to fix than it seems! All you have to do is just fix…one little thing! Just one! Maybe…one little thing every two weeks. Just to show people that yes, you are aware of these problems and the game is evolving into the game that should have been delayed until next year. How hard is it to code that training mode saves it's settings?

You all watch, come December they'll be some sort of Super SFV. Some sort of new branding to get the casual audience back while saying 'Look, it's new and improved SFV!' I doubt it'll cost anything, though–SFV copies will just automatically upgrade to SSFV. But still the fact that it'd happen would bug me. SSFV would probably be free to play, too.

I'm sorry, that was a big ol' typo.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! PSPlus costs money! I am paying a subscription fee to play a game that doesn't have anything in it and won't fix anything wrong with it until maybe December.

So exactly like every western nation. Look I don't mind reasons and so on but the whole "muh birthrate" is a very silly thing to mention. Its not exclusive to Japan either.

That's what happens when you panders exclusively and only to MUH FGC, which is funny on two levels: 1) SF is heroine for these people and they would have bought it whenever it came out.
2) FGC borders on a statistical error and is overshadowed by casual fightan fans, as in, the people that actually value their money, will not give 60$ for a game with online only and zero content and do not give a flying fuck about fgc and tournaments.

I'm getting a sense of projection, from this.

You're not one of those "weeaboos". Are ya? You don't type like a Jap, so you must be a fervant lover of their cultures.

Western nations are nowhere near the same imbalance Japan currently has.

Japan is more important.
If cubans, brazillians, blacks or mexicans went extinct, no one would give a shit, since they never contributed much.

It's about importance and innovation.

Japan has government sponsored and paid-for mixers because their birthrate is such shit. The government is trying to help people get laid because they need them to have children that badly. Name me one western nation that has to do that.

Any western nation accepting mudslime rapefugees.

I'm just guessing here, most "next gen" releases seem to be more barren than they ever have, and I'm guessing execs are just forcing them to rush them out the door while making players the free "QA staff" in order to make as much cash as they can.

That's also not to mention the fact that there are some online only games on PS4, so it must be fun for poorfags to pay for a game, only to realize they cant play it unless they shell out more for it.

He said that wants children.

That implies the reason behind western nations being accepting of refugees is for the purely beneficiary purpose of keeping "humanity" from going instinct.

Funny thing is the reason no one's having kids is they can't afford to; you're expected to work yourself to death or be a housewife, and no one can afford to be a housewife.

Probably the route the rest of the world is gonna take, too.

How do you think it feels to like Ghosts and Goblins, motherfucker?! They killed that franchise with that faggot Maximo, and throwing the characters into a shitty, unlikable game (Both MvC3s).

I can't wait to see Capcom go out of business. I don't give a shit if the ips are in limbo, or someone else buys them. I just want Capcom to close its door for all the horrible shit it's done.

Not really.

What makes Japan suffer the most is it's ownership by the rest of the world, despite how much anyone would have you think otherwise.

No Military, No Culture, and No Nation. Same thing happened to Germany and Italy.

Okay, fucking commit suicide, you worthless fucking piece of shit. What he said is unquestionably true, as proven by all wage statistics and all birth rates in the Western world. You know absolutely nothing whatsoever about this discussion, so bow out now before your ass is blown apart by the facts.

Flooding them with shitskins won't fix that and you know it.

Get a job, hippie. Maybe then, you'll grow some self-esteem.

Yes, you have no argument. Useful idiots will be killed on the Day, right alongside the people who are lying in the first place.

The only thing Japan has actually contributed to the world is Garbage cartoons and the rise of fat retards.

Retarded cucks like you will go with them.

Of what? Retribution? Revolution?

The fact you can't bring yourself to say "Rope" might make me think you're of another ideal. The wrong one.

This is abysmal for Capcom since they had a major fucking release with Street Fighter V.
I hope they learn from this experience and realize that selling half a censored game at full price is not a winning business strategy.
But, you know, it's Capcom. They'll forget about it and do it all over again next year.

Then how exactly are all the illegal immigrants making below minimum wage cranking out anchor babies? People can afford to just fine, except that their perception of the standard of living they're entitled to has skyrocketed.

Saying rope triggers liberal communists since they think of nigger lynching.

Don't tell him that. He's one of those 90's era "nihilists".

I don't see what's wrong with that.

They don't like triggering themselves.

No. Not that. The latter part, about the lynching of niggers.

I mean, if they do wrong, shouldn't they be punished?

When the day of the rope happens, your degenerate ass is going to be hung right along side niggers.

Good.

But user, if they didn't do nothing, then they're inadvertently saying that they indeed did something. It's criminalizing, right in the phrase!

How am I degenerate for suggesting niggers who do wrong be hung?

maybe if they made video games they wouldnt be having these problems

I just hope that DR PC port comes before anything else. Those Poles are working on the clock to make it real.

One excuse they use to import so many refugees is so we will have people to pay the taxes and do the jobs that look after us when we get old.
Here in the west our economy requires continual unsustainable exponential population growth to function.

The Japs are too smart for that. They know that in a few short decades robots will be a huge part of the workforce. And a huge population will become more and more of a burden.

We laughed at the Japs and their robots.
But a robot isnt going to cut your head off because you dont have the same religion. Its not going to rape your women for not wearing a fucking binbag on her head with holes cut out to see through.
Those Japs are gonna have the last laugh.

No, you are not a degenerate for suggesting niggers getting lynched, you are just a degenerate period.

nobody ever laughed at robots
im starting to think youre a robot

Maybe that was just me then.

Because the fgc will continue to support Capcom, so it doesn't lose its only opportunity to make a living out of smoking weed and playing shitty fighting games as thugs/manchldren (there are reasons why the fgc is hated out of shit-holes in California). The fgc knows Capcom, NRS, Bandai-Namco, SNK, and Arksys can kill off tournies, making the fgc look for a real job. Atlus doesn't have to do jack shit with KoF 14, and knows if they half-assed it they'll still make a profit off of the fgc and weeabo faggots.

laughter is but one way to show defiance in the face of death.

For what? Am I a bigot, or something?

arent you? arent we all?

Quit trying to sound smart, with your pinko talk.

that doesnt answer my question. im not convinced theres a single person among us who isnt a big ol degenerate in one way or another

SNK does what Capcan't

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

ive just never had a reason to believe otherwise

I fucking wish

Unless their strategy is 'release shit games, and also unfinished shit games', then it's probably not their overall strategy that's the problem. They are probably saying this to blame the non casual market for not buying enough shit games.

Pachinko and mobile games is the reason Konami has tried to drop making vidya and phasing it out, the new head of the company butt heads with Kojima over this and it's why Kojima was let go.

If companies are willing to go that far to compete for a spot that is already taken and monopolized then fuck em.

So no proof.

This sounds like a thing called "projection", meaning you're trying to better yourself, by "projecting" your wrongs onto the rights of others, so your life doesn't seem so awful. Unfuck your shit.

should i just pretend i dont see it then?

That might means your delusions have advanced to a point of possible grandeur.

You might want to get therapy, or kill yourself. Whichever works better.

you sure? looks to me like i just hit too close to home

All they have to do is make another GOOD 2D megaman game. 9 was awesome, 10 was lukewarm. If they made another ZX game, or another classic, or another X, and made it seriously fucking awesome, it might help.

I'm pretty sure calling everyone degenerate without evidence seems like a sign of insanity.

Looks like with SFV they managed to make the "majority" of SF fans happy.

Define the things you consider "Degenerate".

I wonder if the success of Dragon's Dogma on PC has got them to reconsider doing more DD games and more PC ports?

I'm pretty sure he's got the usual standards.

The issue is that he believes everyone is a degenerate, and doesn't need to prove it.

talking to darkies. thats about it

Decided against buying SF5 due to censorship, the idiotic decision for intentional lag also helped. I'm sticking to the new KoF, Tekken 7 and Guilty Gear instead. That's more than enough fightan, I don't need SF5. If you give a fuck you to your fans like that and then pander to a group that doesn't even play your games then you shouldn't be surprised when you flop hard.

Why though? It's essentially the only way for Japs to gamble, doesn't seem like it would die any time soon/ever.

How is demonstrating their obvious evolutionary deficiencies to the public degenerate? It's a great tactic that Adolf demonstrated with Jew and degenerate alike towards the public, which led to his rise in fame.

But there's the issue. The usual standards are unclear.

There are things that are very obviously degenerate, like faggotry, genderbenders, and strange fetishes. But is having a lethargic lifestyle degenerate? Are certain video games degenerate, or all of them, or none of them? Is anime degenerate?

It's not an easy line to draw, and I'm speaking as an frequent browser of Holla Forums and /k/

Thank god you can pirate every 3DS game now.

Gambling is on the verge of getting legalized in japan and the younger generation doesn't give a fuck about pachinko.

They basically get put up for auction. That's what happened to THQ after they shat themselves and died.

i dont think you took my post literally enough. i bet you dont even remember the term

Weebs are getting sick of playing with balls. Weeb uprising when?

At this stage, I just want them to wallow on the edge of bankruptcy for forever, just so Mega Man remains in its current state forever. Nothing that Capcom could do with Mega Man would be worth changing the memory of Mega Man, and there's only a handful of people on the planet who could do another Mega Man game justice. None of them are at Capcom, and none of them are getting the rights any time soon. Platinum, please.

Ono is such a racist. Why does he believe Westerners are this prudish?

I'm not buying products made by anti-White racists.

Read up. If it goes against generational gains, then it's degenerate. This includes anything impeding breeding, culture, or general progress of technology, that could otherwise be stopped willingly.

Responding to a nigger at all is degenerate. Since when is "shut up nigger" wrong to say?

Hell, sex is one of the few things that actually IS necessary to the survival of our species. Why would sexualisation have to be 'necessary' for it to be acceptable? Can't it exist for the same reason that the video game exists - because it's fun? People like sex, and looking at sexy people. There's really something wrong with our culture if this many people really believe that sexualisation is in any way harmful.

The best thing Capcom has done is make casuals consider playing other fighters other than Street Fighter 5.