Have you ever cheated in a video game? Where did you get your cheats from? Are free cheats ridden with malware?

Have you ever cheated in a video game? Where did you get your cheats from? Are free cheats ridden with malware?

I already get daily hackusations by playing legit, might as well see what I can do with cheats.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Minecraft-Books/e/B00ENH1WIA
youtube.com/watch?v=Nnl6-OvEloo
gamefaqs.com/ps2/937269-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes/faqs/52512
fanfiction.net/s/4112682/1/The-Subspace-Emissary-s-Worlds-Conquest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Used to get cheat books in magazines when I was younger.
Do they still do those?

God mode in Daggerfall.

Infinite skill points with cheat engine in Gothic 2.

Disabled armor deterioration in Fallout 3, New Vegas, and STALKER.

Dark Souls offline mode. Hacked the humanity to stay at 10 and not losing souls with cheat engine because the game is an extremely fucking annoying garbage.

Ive seen very thin ones at EB games here in australia, i used to buy the proper 500+ page cheat books back in the old days of dialup, better to spend 5 bucks and have every game of that years cheat codes then waste a few hours looking up one code on several sites.

Cheatengine on PC can let you do anything.

Use a lot of game saves on the PS3 since it was hacked, trophy whores were very upset about that.

BUT never ever cheat online. That's just wrong- it ruined a lot of games.

Why the fuck would you ever need to do this.

Do people actually make real money off this?

Whats everyone's opinion on games that allow broken strategies that make the game a cake-walk? Is that cheating or something thats OK if you earned it?

Yep.

Local bookshop has a whole shelf of unofficial minecraft books, from strategy guides to entire fucking series of OCs and their marysue adventures starting at 25AUD per paperback.

worst I've ever hacked a game is the hack that let me select more than 12 units in Starcraft 1. Hardly broke the game. Piggybacking off of a friendly's hack occasionally isnt a problem, but when you constantly use hacks that completely break the game, you're just wasting your time. Cheats in general pretty much defeat the purpose of the game unless you're playing something like GTA. Even using them to grief people isn't nearly as satisfying as finding a way to grief by finding shit out yourself.

Didn't we have this thread already?

Not really considering most of those weren't actual cheats but just unlockables and stuff like big head mode, and what modern games even do that?

If the game allows it, then it's fine, like the infinite 1-up tricks in Super Mario Bros. Of course, if you want more of a challenge, you can always just place limitations on the way you play, like the Nuzlocke challenges.

Those were the days.

GTA 3
itsallgoingmaaad
weaponsforall

THIS IS WHAT /lit/FAGS CONSIDER ACCEPTABLE

Does Holla Forums even have a "good" version of /lit/ or did they stay in Cuckchan like they should?

MGO3 ruined itself.

8/lit/ would be filled with pol shitposting and falseflagging. Fact of the matter is most modern works would be considered degenerate in one way or another. Once had a cyberpunk thread up talking about William Gibson being a fucking excellent author who knew how to create science fiction and the thread was filled in no time with "cyberpunk is a genre created by the leftists to push (buzzword) and therefore it is shit." Just don't bother, some topics are simply incompatible with this site.

show us the joke books

Lol what? Back when I cheated in video games they were FEATURES.

completely forgot about that, holy shit

amazon.com/Minecraft-Books/e/B00ENH1WIA

Most degenerate form of art, folks. I take it you grew out of that shit?

wut

"Cyberpunk" isn't a degenerate form of art because it's not a fucking form of art in the first place. It's literally just Blade Runner. That's it. That's the whole goddamn thing. Blade Runner and Blade Runner accessories.

I love cheats codes, but if you're talking about cheating on a more 'hacking' kind of thing, then yes I've done that, and both are very fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nnl6-OvEloo

maybe you should read the Holla Forums cheat book and learn how to use the catalog

but in the meantime post oppai loli

Is that your channel?

quality post, surely the best

alright just fuck off Holla Forums if you're gonna complain about degeneracy, it's literally science fiction

yes

w-what?

If you're going to complain about degeneracy you may as well apply it to how degenerate video games are.

Man the guides on gamefaqs are just as good if not better than any strategy guide.

gamefaqs.com/ps2/937269-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes/faqs/52512

There are people who rape babies. Why? I don't want to know

Degeneracy is what makes life worth living.

/pol just needs to get laid.

I posted it as an example, not to advertise my garbo channel. If I wanted to do that, I'd post it in the dumb YouTube threads that pop up every other day.

Sex isn't degenerate. Sex with people of different races or genders is degenerate.

How boring of a person are you that you base your identity around your sexuality?

I guess that's fair. I still don't like your channel and hate that you made me give you a view.

relax fam smh

I'm not wrong, though, you're a bit obsessed with sex.

I thought the same thing, but I think what user meant was 'sex with genders different from the norm,' like m/f.

That's fine, and for the record I could and should've just converted it into a webm.

no its not hes a gay

What sort of shitty life do you lead? Go get a job and earn an actual living first.

Kek is a just god.
For myself there is only one recourse,
Sage.

i know a way out

What a faggot.

well, we have the larget fan fic of all the time
fanfiction.net/s/4112682/1/The-Subspace-Emissary-s-Worlds-Conquest

repeating your statement does nothing

Ensure carnage.

kek wills it

kek is genderfluid

I read his post to mean that literature was the most degenerate form of art. I'm not sure how it could be, though, as I would think that Holla Forumslacks would consider it be the least degenerate one.

He probably meant you should fuck off of Holla Forums, or fuck off from Holla Forums.
He skipped a word, but the meaning is clear by context clues.

okay

>>>/tumblr/

keep worshipping a tranny then

I'm missing your line of reasoning.

The argument I've heard from them is that it pushes an anti-capitalist rebellious narrative, even though I can't think of a single Holla Forumsack that enjoys the existence of George Soros and doesn't absolutely love and constantly quote Deus Ex.

I assumed all the people on this board would have used one of these things at least once in their gaming lives.

I cheat in every single game I play after finishing it once. even in online games when I get bored of them and no longer care about getting banned.

When I was younger I couldn't complete Star Wars Republic Commando without cheating. Got the cheat codes from some site I'm sure no longer exists anymore.

Yeah.
cheatcc.com
What? Cheats are put into the game on purpose.

Literature, retard. Cyberpunk's a genre. One that needs to come back

Literature is more than a parasite on SciFi, fam

/lit/, Ghazi, SRS, Tumblr, or whatever the fuck you are, piss off and keep your awful falseflagging on reddit.

Most of my games don't have cheat codes. Sometimes I use memory editing and modding for practice, but never for a real game.

Could you stop making shit threads?

Try your gigolo-wannabe horseshit after you have an HIV scare, sperg.

No dumbass, underage tryhards and Tumblr falseflaggers consider literature to be anything but garbage. However the fuck it stayed in this world for so long is a mystery.

Cheating is a great way to breathe new life into games you've already beaten. I should put quotes around that word, though, because my favorite kind of "cheats" are things like Big Head Mode from Turok, or playing as Bill Clinton in NBA Jam.
Cheat codes included in the game by the devs themselves, purely for fun, are god-tier. Even more practical stuff like you find in Goldeneye/Perfect Dark are great.

When I use a Game Genie / PAR, I usually look for stuff that will break the game's boundaries so I can fuck around in memory - Walk Through Walls codes are perfect for this.
Earthbound is one of the best examples of "walking around in memory" I can give: the entire world exists on a single 2D coordinate grid, interiors and exteriors alike. Even little areas you only see in cutscenes are there if you wander the right direction, and as you walk, the music is constantly changing as you pass over new memory regions.

That's the kind of shit I love when it comes to cheats.
I'm kind of the same way when it comes to actually playing vidya, too. I don't care about best practices or expected behavior, I mostly care about finding ways to break the game's systems or use them in unintended ways. Emergent gameplay is better than intended gameplay in almost every case.

Lol, you're just an illiterate retard then. What's wrong, did your high school English teacher assign too much homework this week?

By the pol definition of degenerate, vidya is degenerate. Sitting in front of a TV wasting your time playing games is a degenerate act according to them. I don't give a flying fuck what it is, read my fucking post next time.

wait a minute
bad literature, absolutely. But shit like Sun Tzu, Gibson, or Nietzche are god tier, and are the opposite of degenerate.

Ain't fooling me.

You revealed so much to me, user. Are you okay? I'd say I'm here to listen, but by "listen" I mean "screencap, call you a faggot, and upload to Cringe Channel for you to be the internet's bitch."

Elaborate please.

You're trying too hard, cuck. Maybe go on the board you're trying to fit into next time.

Redundant
>literally who no seriously, do you know how many Gibsons there are in this world and how many said to themselves "im gonna write a book xddd" like so many uncreative teenagers?
Yeah great selection you got there.

Also projecting doesn't help you git gud so git gud. Come back any time so I can fuck your shit up in whatever game you shit up

………………….

Go away, freech. I really don't feel like dealing with your shit.

report them.

That was the go-to device for me. Those old NES games were sadistic.

What a faggit, you don't hack in gmod. you grief

k

why not both?
with hacks you can see money printers through walls, always know when an admin is watching you and make sure you always know where your primary target is at so you can keep following them and fucking their shit up

Hello?

you're making me want to do this

I cheated in single-player Diablo2 because I wanted to see all the legendaries. So I gave myself +100% magic find on all items.

Chinks can't write for shit, except copying from superior whites.

Cheating online is for cowards and kids.
Cheating offline can be acceptable in some ways, for example if it's to gain time over something that is not tied to the difficulty, like fast-forwarding in Pokemon.

inb4 this one autist comes to argue over time = difficulty

X, X, Square, O, O, O
O, X, O, O, X, Square

Did you mean ☐ user ?

cheating's only acceptable in multiplayer, pissing off other players

if you have to cheat in singleplayer, you're a casual and probably autistic

It's retarded, it's the opposite, autists would gladly farm level 1 foes for hundred of hours instead of just spawning the item.

I can't handle this much nostalgia

Since I have a console I tend to cheat less and I didn't cheated on PC or console for like two years now (okay, recently I gave myself 10000000 in rome barbarian invasion for western romans).

Exploited cloning glitches. Never hacked. (Brother used a AR on his FireRed and lost the Sapphire he had. This made it impossible for him to trade directly with Hoenn games. I avoided using one because of this.)
Also used a e-Reader ROM with a flashcart to get to Southern Island in my cart games, but that's technically legal within the game. It's also easier than buying the damn thing.

Used AutoHotkey scripts to grind for me once in a while.

Got bored of the vanilla game. Made my own mods in Java since I didn't trust the publicly available griefing clients. I could also add features like hack bypasses that the public clients didn't or couldn't add. (Most of the time I failed to do them right, but I still liked having more control over the client.)
I eventually got bored of that and dropped Minecraft completely.

The only cheats I've ever used were programmed into the game as cheat codes.

but cheaters never win, and winners dont do drugs

I remember the time when we had cheats instead of cosmetic dlc.
Talking about scripts, i had this nosy cousin which was being silly asking to let her play, so i set up a retard proof gambit on FF XII and told her to walk around and gather bags.
By the end she had my team level up and grinded a lot of money and it kept her busy.

I cheat in ARK by building under the map by using a glitch. However I usually play solo or with only one friend so I'd say it's fair, otherwise I would not even stand a remote chance against alpha tribes with 10+ members…

I hate this shit so much. You know it's being done on purpose, too.

Is there a name for this tactic, shitposting constantly in order to attract more retards and drive posting quality down into the center of the earth?

I read this as "cheat on a video game".

I would never cheat on Neptunia.

awww

How about Triangle?

FUCK THOSE LYING CUNTS

Yeah, it's called "being a conspiracy theorist who can't handle his precious hobby being filled with retards like a new age Uncle Tom, but hates fellow bookfags instead of blacks."

im curious

The Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue page for "cheats," which was more like a "secrets, easter eggs, and other not-cheats" page, was filled with so much bullshit.

The playerbase.

did it have anything to do with the undernet? if i understand correctly, in one mmbn or another there was a fair bit of cut content regarding the undernet

I'll be honest. All I remember is thinking "hey you guys lied" a whole lot of times. Plus back when I was a GameFAQs user I clearly remember that it reached a point where we had a sticky on the Blue board about stupid questions everyone asks, where one of the sections was about how much we all hated GameWinners and to not believe their horseshit.