"XBOX…SCAN!" or "How do idiots keep falling for marketing hype?"

"XBOX…SCAN!" or "How do idiots keep falling for marketing hype?"

This must be what Holla Forums feels like every day.

But seriously, why do people fall so easy for marketing hype when they are marketing something clearly impossible on current hardware? Do people think there is secret hardware just now being unlocked that exponentially boosts the capabilities of consoles?

Because people are fucking retards.

/thread

Some people are just more susceptible to magical thinking. It also helps to be a mouth-breathing troglodyte - since, as the saying goes, any technology (sufficiently advanced) is indistinguishable from magic. Technology, and gaming technology is no exception, is so far beyond the average gamer's ken that it's practically magic…. and they can't distinguish between the real nuts and bolts of what's actually actually making their machines work, and the "bullshit magic" that's being promised in the next generation of hardware. It's all just fucking magic to them.

Though, on the other hand, Skorpio definitely does seem specced out to provide the highest quality uncompressed 60hz pixels that anybody has ever seen.

Truly scorpion will have 'the fam' gleaming the cube ultimate circus guy fieri.

etto

Holla Forums here, it's actually way worse than that.
You're forced to stare into the abyss.
Forever.

you need better friends
or as some people would suggest, none at all

and if you stop looking at the abyss you feel it off to the side.
would be happier not knowing, but can't go back, and probably wouldn't chose to.

Same reason why some people believe in ghosts, gluten-free, feminism, new wave medicine etc…
Because they are not skeptical and just stroll around life with their mouth open swallowing all the bullshit.

This is why I keep my creative projects (especially game dev) a secret from everyone except for in places like here where I know evidence of my progress will be gone in a few days (or buried in an archive that nobody will check). The only time I promise features is to myself during development. That way when the project is finished I can just describe the finished product rather than having to compare it to what I promised a year ago.
Speaking of game dev, releasing a game out of nowhere and having no social media to speak of also has the advantage of forcing people to judge the game based on the merits of the game itself and not based on the personality of the developer, which is great for me because judging by the number and quality of my friendships my personality is shit.

You can be intelligent and still fall for this bullshit. It has more to do with being emotionally disciplined and not letting feels override logic. It's far harder to do and why bleeding hearts exist.

stop believing the electric jew, believe in my dubs instead

Dank number but not a repeating one to be seen

Because those people aren't redpilled and always fall for the tricks of the jews like good goys.

They're also degenerates who love nigger dick and liberalism/sjwism.

In An Honest Liar James Randi talks about this experiment that he did with some paranormal psychologists and magicians. He wanted to see if these researchers could discover that these were tricks that they were seeing and not actually paranormal events.
However these people want to find evidence of the paranormal, so they never discovered the ruse. It's not that they were lying or making up the results, they just straight up weren't rigorous in their observations in this specific area. As the saying goes, "You can't logically argue somebody out of something they didn't logically argue themselves into in the first place."

The only way I really know of to overcome this is to constantly distrust yourself and your own ideas (not just the ideas of others), which is exhausting so 99% of people never do it.

But then even at that there's illogically distrusting yourself and your own ideas.

I will stare into the abyss forever, unblinking if I can pull just one person out of it.

I don't care if I know them or not.

Because people take 12 year classes on how to dupe people.
Except molyneux
Molyneux is like a dumb kid that thinks his toy transformer is a real one.

to be fair, the original kinect was going to be much more powerful but microsoft cheapened out and removed some of the chips. Offloaded most of the processing to the 360. Similar situation to the PS3, instead of 2 ULTIMATE INFINITE POWER CELL processors, 2 ethernet ports, 7 USB ports and god knows what else, we get a half power CELL and a geforce 7800. No wonder half the e3 shit was pre rendered.

are real, one has turned on my computer that was unplugged
it's a misconception, the actual bad thing is the pesticides and the processing. removing the gluten won't make a difference, increasing the quality of bread/flour does.
well it's "real", but it sucks. Corrupted version of female wisdom turned into an ideology.
not sure what you mean, but herbs and "spiritual" shit actually work.

There is this friend who says I just hate everything modern in vidya.

No Man's Sky is out?

Did it improve since the Colbert airing?

What? How did I miss this?
Link?

People on this very website fall for this marketing bullshit. Just recall the threads we used to and still do have for MGSV, Witcher 3, and probably plenty others I can't remember.

My bf played Witcher 3 and said it's one of the best games he played in recent years. It's probably not as bad as people think. And it isn't MGSV, that's for sure. Now that's just literally just half a game.

I meant that before it came out, every W3 thread was filled with people getting wet over the graphics and the attention to detail in the trailers, even though the game infamously suffered a downgrade in both departments.

Looks like the links have been taken down already, did anyone manage to webm any of it?

Not the first or last downgrade. Devs are just shity with that. I prefer the Okami things where it pushes an art style rather than graphics alone.

Anyone can fall for marketing. Marketers are good at what they do and they get paid a ton to do it. All you can do is remind them when you see someone falling victim to marketing hype.

I watched the video before it was taken down, so I can give you a rundown of what was in it. But for tl;dr, it's exactly what everyone expected.

And so the question becomes would you rather distrust true ideas or trust false ones?

Quote:
"New Difficulty Levels
With new power comes a desire to test your strength. If you’ve sharpened your weapons on Torment X and are ready for new challenges, you’ll be happy to hear we’ve added Torment XI–XIII difficulties to the game, and filled them with progressively better loot—so get out there and wreck face, nephalem!"

Hey, always online is never a problem! Just see the console version of Diablo3. Fookin' liars.

Should this be a mod?

……………………………..

Holy shit I had forgotten all about this bullshit. Did anything even come of this? I just remember expecting it to be a glitchy mess.

I haven't fallen for marketing bullshit since MGS2, people overhype shit way to much, hell at this point I barely know what comes out, I just hear about stuff and take a look,.

The game is still being developed?

Are you having a stroke?

The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway: So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.

The sojourner that is in the midst of thee shall mount up above thee higher and higher; and thou shalt come down lower and lower. He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.

Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build a house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not use the fruit thereof. Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to save thee.

The cucking never stops, ever, until you're dead

☧ AVE ☧

Why do you have such retarded friends?