Any good turn-based strategy games similar to Wesnoth, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Sovereignty and FF Tactics?

Any good turn-based strategy games similar to Wesnoth, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Sovereignty and FF Tactics?

Bonus points if it's in a medieval/fantasy setting with a hexagonal battlefield.

Other urls found in this thread:

classicempire.com/
sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Military Madness,AKA Nectaris, is pretty much Advance Wars on a hex grid.

King's Bounty

So basicly shitty handheld console jrpgs pretending to be strategy games.

Isn't Wesnoth entirely based on RNG?

The 5-Star General series. Don't be scared off by its grognard-y appearance, the games are actually about the same level of casualness as Wesnoth, and sometimes even include similar light RPG elements. Aside from the mainline Panzer General titles, there's Pacific, Allied, People's, Fantasy, Star, and even WH40k spinoffs.

No, that's what casual shitters believe.

As for Advance Wars, it's basically just Nintendo's spin on the oft-imitated Empire. Being a former Macfag, I'm most familiar with the ancient knockoffs Empire Master and Strategic Conquest, but there's some for basically any platform you'd care to name.

Aside from the various commercial versions, you can also download the old Windows versions free and emulate them on modern systems:
classicempire.com/

How good is Heroes of Might and magic 3?

Pretty nice, especially since it has a zillion expansions. The series hit a bit of a rough patch afterward, though.

Okay so avoid the ones after 3 anything else I should know wise user?

Jagged Alliance 2
Silent Storm
Blackguards
Summon Night 1-4
Black/Matrix series
Tactics Ogre

There's a HD mod that fixes some game breaking glitches.: sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/

Thanks a bunch user

Wild ARMS XF is a tactics RPG w/ hex battlefields. Pretty good music, too.

for a second i thought your pic was this, i don't know a game that fits your picture however it looks straight out of mount and blade: warband

Is there an active chatroom for FE Fates , since this thread is up i might as well ask , sorry for kinda off topic

yfw D. Pedro I was a cuck who lost Cisplatina to the argies and bowed down to the british.

Oh hey, someone already mentioned XF.
Cool.

I like Ogre Battle Tactics quite a bit. There is also Dungeons and Dragons Tactics, but I did not play that too much.

Bumo

good series, older games are nice and tough, no waifu shit

upcoming entry