KojiPro

So, what will Kojima's next game actually be? The Death Stranding trailer he put out back at E3 is extremely vague and he's given practically no info about it since. Norman's been quiet about it as well.
This is also time for him to finally prove whether he's a hack or not, MGS/ZOE showed me enough talent to give him the benefit of the doubt on MGS5.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kojima_Productions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are actually fucktons of little details in the trailer, there are already a lot of rather plausible theories on what it's about.

I'm going to really really seriously enjoy it when Kojima releases a new game and it's utter shit.

Like David Cage levels of shit.

It'll be Mr Shitface all over again.

They aren't allowed to disclose any information about the game unless Sony tells them to, that's why.

It's going to be a movie.

Why?

schadenfreude

You could point this towards , as well.

Developer worship is dangerous.

One man doesn't make a good game, a video game director is a

director

That means that he directs a group of programmers, artists, and all the other elements that work on a game, towards developing a cohesive final product that has a single clear vision.
He's the guy that connects A B and C that his dev team gives him into something that makes sense.

Can he make a game completely alone?
No.
Is Kojima alone in this new project?
No, Sony is giving him a shit ton of money and a bunch of internals from their dev teams, A tier material.
Is that enough to make a good game?
No, a huge part is for Kojima to be familiar with the people he's working with, however he's worked with Sony plenty of time in the past, so he's not entering completely unexplored territory either.

It's important to remember that Kojima never respected his previous teams much.
He's a very demanding man that will strain his team to it's limits to implement ideas he has, expecting quick results.
He was quick to throw his team under the bus when they couldn't concretize Metal Gear Rising in their first draft, and never especially held ZOE in high regards (especially because he had such a marginal role himself in that).

He's the "dangerous" type of video game director, the type of director that sees himself as the one man rockstar, seeing everyone else working with him as beneath him, aside his trusted friend and companion, Yoji Shinkawa, the only guy he actually gives a shit about in his teams.

Also whatever the result, i strongly recommend you see it for yourself, as Holla Forums will be utterly and completely unreliable post lunch and become the usual shitshow it has been on anything even remotely involving Kojima since MGSV.
With Mark being a MGS/Kojima fan the entire board has too many agendas to stir up shit that are unrelated to the games themselves at this point.

That suit has some nice ass/thighs, honestly. Would fug.

A lot of his ideas can be pretty "out there", and that can be dangerous too

I'm just generally really excited to see what he pulls off. I've seen him really happy lately and as a fanboy of Kojima, his game and his personality I'm happy for him.
I'm pretty sure while he was being fired from Konami and with the backlash V got he went through a very rough patch, but he seems to be mostly out of it now.

The trailer was pretty interesting since it represented a lot of symbolism from what happened between him and Konami, but I'm open for anything really.

You know, people who try and act like they're better than the rest of the board also tend to act like their opinions are fact.

he's right though
For V had good reasons, not so much for the rest though

You know, this makes sense. Kojima was the first ditector I saw plastering his name all over every frame of the games he directed.

I remember back when I played MGS it caught my attention that the opening credits said "A Hideo Kojima Game". I never saw anyone do that before and I knew it took huge teams of people to make games so that always struck me as weird.

Movies do that too, they have huge teams who make the story possible. Why does Kojima gets shat on for this of all people is beyond me.

Kojima wants to leave a legacy for himself, and it has worked out so far.
Everyone knows who he is because he made damn sure everyone would remember his name and the products he associated his game to, this is part of the reason why after leaving Konami he immediately had all the funds he needed afterwards.
He's not stupid, that's for sure.

Because he undermines the work of the people who created the game, you fucking retard. It's not like you know how it is to work on some great project though.

So? Same shit happens in movies.

The guy that modeled snake's box doesn't deserve the same credit than the guy that told everybody how the game should be made though

Kojima was the first one I saw do that in vidya.

is not what I said at all.

Your mother also sucks nigger cocks, doesn't mean it's a good thing or should happen to all mothers.

I haven't seen it since Kojima did it actually. Sure there are acclaimed directors but I haven't seen anything like opening credits with "a xxx yyy game".

American McGee?

Calm down sperg.

MGSV

Oh, I thought you were a newfag who was referring to Holla Forums for second.

I meant to write "for V, Holla Forums had good reasons", but I lost it

Never did get around to that one.

Ground Zeroes was really fucking good. You're more restricted than in V but that allowed them to construct a far better area to explore and make the game a lot more challenging and interesting. They just couldn't get it together to make an entire game.

Event Horizon + Dark Souls = Death Stranding

Considering MGR pre-Platinum I can understand why.

If he can assemble a dream team of stupid shadow gaijin then it could be orgasmic.
it won't because he's an egofag

MGSV should have been ten GZ style missions in 10 GZ size bases with sideops for different weather, time of day, interesting objectives and guard configurations. Also it should have had a sideop editor.

Sideop editor is actually built into the engine. Konami just didn't go through with it.
Honestly after seeing what I've seen I'm very doubtful TPP wasn't supposed to be exactly what you said but was just fucked with by Konami.

I really hope it isn't a game where you're on an island naked, have to craft an axe and then survive up until you become a mech or something. That's my fear about Death Stranding it could become another craft-em-up.

What I hope it will be is a unique idea to do with one players actions affecting other players in one world. When Kojima mentioned it was about being connected to other things, that's the idea I thought of for some reason.

Either way, I know it will be visually unique and have great mechanical design.

Something underwater for sure.

what the fuck is the game about?

Your argument started off alright, but quickly turned into personal opinion without fact. For a man who doesnt give a damn about his members, kojima sure did take a lot of former konami guys he worked with with him to sony. And if they truly hated him that much, so many wouldnt have followed him.

As for the credits in mgsv, its only happened in mgsv like that, and its been theorized that he did it because konami removed his name from the box art and other shit, so essentially just a small flip the bird at them.

I mean, I get it. Kojima can often come off as a perfectionist but if he was even nearly as bad as you claim he wouldnt have had so many follow him or be so well liked.

proof?

It's going to be a movie game, even worse than MGS4 or Uncharted.

Not hard to find dude, right on his wikipedia page.

On December 16, 2015, in a joint announcement with Sony Computer Entertainment, Kojima announced that a new Kojima Productions would be established as an independent studio with other former Konami staff members, including artist Yoji Shinkawa and producer Kenichiro Imaizumi.[16] The studio also announced that it would be developing a new franchise, the first title of which will be console exclusive to the PlayStation 4.[17] Kojima stated that he "will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years."[18]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kojima_Productions

You're misunderstanding my post.
I didn't say that he hates the people he works with, i just said that he thinks they're beneath him.
He sees himself as the main core component of a team and everyone else as the worker ants building around his vision.
During MGS2 development he straight up took the entire team to (light) military training to make sure they understood the basics when working on the game (that's where you can start to notice things like lowered rifles when moving around especially in tight spaces, trigger discipline etc), generally speaking he's just very demanding of his teams.
The teams he works with don't hate him, he's developed a cult of personality around himself and he's essentially a legend in this industry, so even if he's harsh with them they continue to stick around.
If his methods are good or bad, it's up to personal interpretation, they do get results and push his devs to make solid games.

kojima's a hack and hasn't made a good game since metal gear 2.

I'm not even a bit hyped. I'm not a big fan of the song, trailer was pretentious in an uninteresting way, the most cool shit is his fucking logo.

Also the game is supposed to pander to Uncharted fans.

I don't give a fuck about Death Stranding, give me a gameplay trailer.

I guess the tradition carried over.

Considering 4,PW, and V were shit it's hard to be excited about what Kojima makes anymore.

get your shit taste outta here

I'm wondering if there's any R34 of him yet.

V was probably the most fun MGS since 1, but it was literally unfinished.

It will be a masterpiece I can tell you that.

He doesn't have to deal with Konami, but he does have to deal with Sony.
Sony can be a strict mistress.
He's just traded bosses (at least on this project), from a completely insane asshole to more reasonable people that will still demand that the project will be finished on time, and within a reasonable budget (both things Kojima had notoriously huge problems respecting in the past)

oh…

Remember how much they were showing off the SDK during the game's development? And now it'll be getting a public release fucking never ever.

Metal Gear Solid wasn't even that great.

Just play something good once in a while for comparison like X Comm and you'll see the difference.

One's a game about having your head up your own ass, the other's actually enjoyable.

What did he mean by this???

he wants that toned man ass

I think you're on to something about Kojima's charisma, but flavoring your post to make him sound like a crazy demagogue is laughable.

Don't you know?
You have to strawman everybody you dislike or else nobody will agree with you :^)

Actually this is a common thing in Japanese games.

Don't blame Kojiima for your own ignorance.

Play more Japanese games then.

It'll be an open world fantasy RPG sandbox

If you're trying to make points against Kojima, this most certainly isn't one.

from several interviews he has made it's quite obvious that:

I'm disappoint.

Probably because they couldn't make video games without him, not that I take much stock in that since lots of folks who were in kojipro joined up with Kojima after Konami axed them.

You mean when they weren't making any fucking progress, note that the game had been in development for years, and wasn't canceled until 2011, so to say "oh he just canned it on the first draft" is dishonest as hell

I agree that we shouldn't be expecting a lot from Kojima from now on if only because he'll be working far differently than what he's used to, which will probably come with all sorts of compromises that he'll have to make that he normally wouldn't to get things done.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima pulled the rug out from under everybody like that, honestly.

Kojima has already proved he's a hack look at MGS4

I did look at MGS4, that's all I could do with it was look and watch, not play.