I've had this game sitting in my library for a while and I want to know if there are any essential/suggested mods to...

I've had this game sitting in my library for a while and I want to know if there are any essential/suggested mods to install for my first playthrough?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/index.html
moddb.com/mods/photo-realistic-zone-2/downloads/photo-realistic-zone-21
mega.nz/#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w!zF9hWJYa
cheeki.violates.me/
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/ao3-weapon-damage-upgrade
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/coc-1320
mega.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ!4w0CUARK
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4eRgneIiNU
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=1&thm_id=21455&sec_id=21
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/armory-addon-10-coc-1320-ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Play vanilla the first time through.

You could play true vanilla with some patches. Would look ok and play ok but if you want a better experience I suggest installing Autumn Aurora 2.

The mod doesn't change much of things other than making the game look good and just overall feel beter.

Taste vanilla before you add sprinkles, dummy. Most you should get is the Zone Reclamation Project.

Didnt we have a thread about a big mod for call of pripryat? IIRC it's supposedly pretty fun.

I seriously hope you didnt buy the game

Why are there so many images of shirtless guys wearing gas masks?

Patch v1.0005 and ZRP. If you're a little bitch about graphics get Photo Realistic Zone 2.

Play on Master Difficulty, it doesn't make the game harder.

ZRP: metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/index.html

PRZ2: moddb.com/mods/photo-realistic-zone-2/downloads/photo-realistic-zone-21 (again this is optional)

If you've purchased the game it'll already be at the right patch. If you're too dumb to understand this or tolerate games that aren't 100% polished then get Autumn Aurora 2 as this man suggests but I urge you to try vanilla first.

slav rape fantasies

You see Ivan, if difficulty is easy, boolets will mees their targets half the time, but when on master level will not, for I was drunk when I was making programmings

ZRP is a bugfixing mod, not a content-changing mod. Vanilla SoC is practically nonfunctional.

True.

False, particularly if your game is patched.

I seriously hope this is bait, then again, this board if full of cancerous newfags nowadays.

What bugs?
And its apparent that someone here has never played EDF

He's talking about glitches you fuck.

You were the one who recommended ZRP earlier. Obviously ZRP is an improvement over vanilla 1.0005

May i ask why?

Hope you didn't buy it. The devs won't receive any money and the GOG version is everywhere.

Grab the starter pack here:
mega.nz/#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w!zF9hWJYa

Its just ZRP (bug fix package) and visual updates that don't change the gameplay.

It is certainly an improvement and I'd recommend it to anyone but the vast, vast majority of people won't experience anything gamebreaking or even hugely annoying without ZRP. It's really just quality of life and that tiny percentage of people who would get fucked over and weren't smart enough to do the occasional hard save.

The owner is a cunt who shut down the developer. Nobody involved in making the game is going to see a single penny from any sales now or in the future.

Woah, are you some sort of genius?

There's always ZoA. Or CoC with too many addons at once.

Always taste vanilla first, then add sprinkles.

It's ok but you really should play vanilla first. The game is entirely playable without it.

Later on you may want to try mods like AMK or LURK. Avoid Complete, it dumbs the game down.

Then play Call of Pripyat, vanilla. Then mod the fuck out of it. You can skip Clear Sky, it's not really a good game. Finally, if you end up wanting more STALKER you can try out Call of Chernobyl, a huge, standalone, freeplay mod that combines every map from all 3 games into one huge game. It even has it's own submods.

God i've wanted to get into this game so bad, i've tried about 3-4 different times once with some mods but fuck I just get spooked away or wanting to play something else. Might give it another try hopefully this time I can get into it.

Yeah, the game is pretty spooky.

Ayyyyyy

How far did you get? If you haven't gotten to the underground labs then you haven't seen anything, user.

What was it that spooked you? A bloodcyka?

Farthest I got was when you go to the place where a ghost or something is moving boxes then you have to like fight it and I did pretty much freaking out. After that Just kinda stopped when I noticed those invisible monsters where spawning around alot.

Kinda just everything, the atmosphere is really good but i'm a pussy, I think I gotta just force myself through it.

Ah, so you did get to the labs. It doesn't really get much worse than that, except for maybe the Brain Scorcher. Don't be afraid, user. You can conquer the Zone.

You started with CoP?

He's referring to the shadow valley lab.

Is that a different translation or something? I like it better than Dark Valley, actually.

Wtf? I'm playing pripryat and I can;t figure out how to scavenge better armour from enemies

You can't. You either find it in stashes or buy it.

Nah, just my lack of sleep speaking.

Is this a Stalker General now?
Could someone post the links to the stalker megas?

They should be on here somewhere:

cheeki.violates.me/

user, i truly wish i were in your shoes now.

Anyone have a good link for Shadow of Chernobyl?

probably talking about call of Chernobyl it connects all the maps into one sandbox and you can pick from one of the nine factions to be a part of its bretty gud

Sometimes I wish I could forget about Stalker just so I could experience it again

It's one of the few games that make me feel that way to be honest. Deus Ex, VTM:B and SoC.

Your nades killed the spook, opening the door.
Good job. I think we've all been in that situation.

i liked how that part plays out too bad i spoiled myself beforehand

S.T.A.L.K.A.N. General it is
shitpost stories and comfy guitar music

weird, I love Do Sex and Bloodlines but just couldn't gel with SoC, kept waiting for it to get fun and I was just bored the whole time. Granted I never made it to any spooky parts before I lost interest.

Obviously lots of people enjoy these games so that's cool and all, I'm just not one of them.

I managed to install the base Call of Pripyat and updated to 1.3.2. What are the absolute must-have mods?

So far, I've collected the following as candidates.

Is there anything I'm missing? I looked at Call of Changes, but left it out to download later after assessing whether it was valuable, since there's no description of the balance changes on the download page. Are the music packs worth it? Any tweaks in the back pages I didn't look up that are still good despite not being updated for a while?

Correction: installed the base Call of Chernobyl, sorry. A little groggy.

AO3, dynamic quests and warfare. also look into call of changes for extra goodies.

outfit addon doesnt work at all with DQ with some reason.

I see. Is DoctorX Questlines good enough on its own to make it worth using over a Dynamic Quests/Warfare/Call of Changes trinity, or is it just a less compatible sidegrade? It says it adds linear factional plots, at least as much as one can get in a freeplay mod. Is the outfit addon at all worth using over DQ? Probably not, since it mostly seems to add factional palette swaps looking at the preview image, but I may as well ask.

Word of warning about Arsenal overhaul, it makes weapon damage so high that it effectively makes your choice of suit totally irrelevant when it comes to getting hit by bullets.

So you will notice almost no difference in protection from a shot whether you're wearing a leather jacket or an exoskeleton.

couldnt tell you as i never tried it, but the lack of compatibility is a big put off

Yes and no. OA is good since it adds a bunch more suits and a helmet which can expand your stalkan options a bit more. However it fucks up the items and reverts them back to vanilla for some reason and you'd have to manually add the helmets and suits to the dynamic hud list if you use that from Call of changes. Aside from that it works like a charm and the fact that DQ doesnt work with it is a huge bummer.

id say stick DQ for now and wait and see if a compatibility patch rolls around

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/ao3-weapon-damage-upgrade
im not sure if this fixes that, it was uploaded today and i havent tried it out yet

Does it? I did notice that the Mercenary playthrough I watched had people dropped in two shots of a G3A3, even exosuiters, but I chalked that up to it being a full power battle rifle. Another Freedom playthrough by the same guy used OWR and had similar levels of lethality for enemies & players. Thanks for noting it. Probably still going to go through with it since the other mods' comments are rife with people saying 'hey, you fucked up this scope/particular weapon part that AO didn't' and the like. I need my battle rifle fix.

Ah. So, it's not really worth the trouble for some low-tier flak jackets to bust both the upgraded random quests and the item lists, then.

The description vaguely alleges to 'upgrading' damage, so I don't think he's lowering them. Furthermore, with his comment of 'the VKS is set to my sniper rifle setting at 1.3 damage mark' it seems the changes are totally arbitrary, unrelated to either the individual cartridges or the weapons. Not good.

Could one of you stalkers help me?
Installing Amk Autumn Edition 1.4.1
game crashes on launch and this was my last log

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : hD3D9
[error]Function : CHW::CreateD3D
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\HW.cpp
[error]Line : 80

Can't find 'd3d9.dll'
Please install latest version of DirectX before running this program

stack trace:

AO is good, I never noticed the damage problem until it was pointed out in this thread. Im sure itll be addressed when CoC1.4 rolls around.

OA includes the rad suits (which is an exosuit without the parts) and suits with a gasmask which are pretty good. The variety is nice but the biggest problem is breaking DQ and breaking item inventory icons

forgot to add at the end
the author of OA did mention something about looking into it, but so far nothing.

Vanilla hardest difficulty

What DoctorX Questlines does is add both a "main quest" different for every character as well as single quests, DQ only adds the latter. However, I have been getting lots of crashes when I use it with AO.

Dat trigger discipline though

Play it vanilla on hardest.

I recently beat the game for the first time with the GOG version and I don't recall ever experiencing a single bug.

Playing Dr. X's Questlines + AO3 and I get crashes every few minutes or so. Here's the latest crash log:

This smells fishy are there any fix to this? Also is the no-loot thing intentional?

It's a bug.

Any fix to it? Really grates me since I live off looting at every early play through of STALKER
It also makes it creepy in hindsight since the stalkers don't need food to even function

did you update it to 1.3.20?

Like I said, release version so I guess 1.20 something
Does the patch fix the memory crash too?

There's a reason everybody says CS is the worst S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/coc-1320
try that m8

Among other fucking reasons. i mentioned in the last thread, its fun but its the weakest of the 3

i miss the Duty vs Freedom discussions, i like how slavs manage to reflect realistically political movements, they know that they are not black & white and that good actions are above of a political movement

Freedom is full of hippies and dude weed lmao. They cant aim for shit and they cant organize for shit.

>doesn't know the origin of dury and freedom

I don't know, everyone there seems like mutants. Just more so psychologically.

Arsenal Overhaul also makes it pretty easy to get rich quick if you know what you're doing, and that's without factoring in artifact hunting. Even the common guns like the AK74 are valuable enough that hauling them back to the Skadovsk, repairing them, and then selling them nets you a pretty nice profit. It works out if you're planning on buying anything that Nimble is offering at the start, but since you can get the good stuff that he sells for free later if you know where to look then it's not worth it unless you just want to spend money.

I just don't repair guns to sell them, I either use them or drop them.

ill agree with studying the zone, because some shit can be useful for humanity but this shit is beyond dangerous. Also Duty actually does something about the scum sucking Bandits and mercs, as opposed to Freedom which rathers just sit around, spout commie shit and get high and i bet they would fuck mutants too if they got the chancefucking degenerates

so you don't know their origins neither about the zone nature, radical views always abuse of heuristics

I just can't resist picking all that shit up and then dragging it back to base even if I don't need to worry about money anymore. It feels weird to leave it there for some reason.

i know that feel, ive almost never been able to sprint normally in game because i haul so much crap

wasnt duty formed by ex-military who survived the zone long enough to get stuck in a space bubble anomaly? and freedom's origin was something along the lines of free stalkers wanting a free zone.

why do you think i agreed to studying the zone and how it can be useful for humanity?

Wouldnt be a problem if not for the fact that the zone is expanding

Both were formed by memebers that dissapeared after the frist expedition whish these participated, you could say the fundation of both factions was a plan from the C-consciousness to keep the stalkers busy.

Both factions are composed by alright stalkers that kills each other because of the divergence of ideal if they must preserve or destroy the zone, even though both of them aren't even sure about if those 2 options are viable, since both of the factions don't know completely about the nature of the zone.

fuck i shouldve thought of that before, now i feel stupid.

shit i was writting too fast there, i meant "members that dissapeared after the frist expedition into the center of the zone"

i would recomend you rewatch the SoC C-consciosness spech to Strelok.

will do, it has been awhile since i beat SoC

>tfw no edit of this comic that doesn't have the qt bloodsucker being killed

oh god please _NO

My favorite one is

CoC would be a lot better if there was more of a set progression system. As it is, faction traders never get better loot so you don't feel like you're doing anything different from playing as a loner. It's cool that some faction get the "turn off the brain scorcher" task but at that point you could just play Shadow of Chernobyl.

I just want to exterminate the heretics for the glory of the Monolith.

Not quite, AA2 is as close to vanilla 2.0 as you can get but you need to fix the graphics first.

Go to the weather folder in the gamedata folder, open flares.ltx with notepad++ and set flares = off.

Then download the deautminizer and add that on top

I'd recommend anyone to try AMK autumn edition which is a AA2 and AMK 1.4/1.4.1 merge. There is an options folder for that too that makes it a bit brighter.

The problem with AA2 is that they went way too far with the grimdark look so you can barely see what you are doing. Other than that the gameplay balance and the weapons are great and combined with the additions from AMK it's probably the most polished mod and best version of SoC yet.

What the fuck thats not my image

I think that's being addressed in CoC 1.4, although i might be wrong.

When's that coming out? I like that there's finally a stable mod that uses ALL of the stalker maps, but it's a little too abstract for my tastes at the moment.

Thinking of doing another SGM playthrough, probably the most robust (and ridiculous) progression system in any STALKER mod.

Fuck hippies man

you got zozzled

They haven't stated that but they are adding a simple MQ so modding that in would probably be one of the first mods for 1.4.

In general I think a lot of modders are waiting for 1.4 to come out before they get to work. Warfare is due an update and DoctorX released an MQ mod just recently but I expect things to really pick up after 1.4 hits.

No clue. You can try it out or read the change logs from the moddb page. However, if you do try it, be warned that not all previous addons are compatible yet.

I second this feeling. Guess we just have to shitpost until something happens.

Such is life in the zone.

Although in Clear Sky the mission would've been cancelled and the quest-giver would've shafted you on the reward.

I think 1.4 is the last update for CoC too so then the wait begins for modders to update and then for the modders to release a final version and then the super pack merge with all the coolest mods combined.

You sure about that?

There is a lot of bullshit with CS but skipping it is too far. I think Clear Sky Enhanced was good but it's for 1.07.

Otherwise I urge you to at least try The Faction War so you get a good look at the maps at least.

Mod repos courtesy of /sg/ from the old country.

May be out of date and it's probably better to look for an updated version but if you can't find it anywhere else there's this. Also a good starting point to look for new mods to try.

Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A

Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw

Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A

Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ!4w0CUARK

is there a pastebin or something with what's included?

Not sure what you mean. Just look at the folder names to see what's in them.

i probably shouldve clicked the links i just assumed they were direct downloads

atmosphere and autumn aurora make for a real spooky adventure if you go out at night webm related

now the question is will it blend together and work.

ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT

the bloodsuckers make retarded noises i think i even heard left 4 dead special infected mixed in there too

aside from that, 10/10 would shit pants again

Looks nice as fuck though and the sound is great.

Do you use an ENB and if so can I get a link?

Just get SOUP bratan and you there is a slight chance it'll work together.

Snork > Bloodsucker

that was just a loaded travel checkpoint, you should have seen it when i first walked in there

all i have for the game is Autumn Aurora 2.1, Atmosfear, whatever that weather one is that is recommended to install with atmosfear. I do have an ENB installed but i cant remember what its called for the life of me

Why not controllers?

Played AMK for stalker, what does autumn aurora bring to the table? Prettier everything?

Where should I go from here?

stalkersoup is always a nice experience

Get AMK autumn edition. It's a AA2 and AMK merge.

see to fix the graphics.

It's pretty good so far. Good graphics, good weapons and great atmosphere.

Controllers are quite clearly men user.

GOD DAMMIT user IM A GOD DAMN MAN WHO WANTS TO JUST PLAY A GOD DAMN GAME, NOT SOME GOD DAMM SUPER COMPUTER ENGINEER GOD DAMMIT.

I'll check it out, thanks

It's not that hard, post here if you run into trouble

Good hunting stalker

lol the /sg/ thread when it was leaked was fun as fuck

got a fresh webm being processed right now, its just a little stalking in the rain

I did the autumn amk, not AA2.

I was having trouble with the no intro

APPARENTLY HAVING A FUCKING SPACE BETWEEN THE " AND -NOINTRO MATTERS

Im going to install the END stuff and look at the other optional crap, then its time for stalkin

I've only ever played the Complete mod series. What should I be playing?

Clar Sky feels like an unfinished faction.

also, where do you find tools for technicians? they appear always on random stashes? i would be better if you could just buy them from Sidorovich or place and order that makes you have to wait a few days.

just finished it

amazing webm

i have some more footage but its mostly just barrel stuffing snorks. i might try to get some more good stuff tomorrow and spend a couple hours making a webm

go for it, more OC while we shitpost

The F was annoying the shit out of me

Counter Strike.

So, all the STALKER games have become a little too easy for me. I've played through Shadow of Chernobyl at least 10 times, modded and unmodded, and Call of Pripyat and Clear Sky at least 4 times each.

Are there any new, exciting mods coming out that actually work? I recently got a boxed copy of the Radiation Edition of Shadow of Chernobyl, and really wanna get back into STALKER.

okay so played a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. like 5 years ago and I remember not liking it, I also can't remember which one I played. but I've been told mods are pretty necessary.
so which game should I play?
what mods should I get?
I like mods that improve a.i. and add more pistols and sniper rifles (especially high caliber pistols).
also is a U.I mod necessary? I remember the U.I being really annoying.

Question, is it ok to install the starter pack AND ZRP for SoC?

Like…what mods?

What else should I do?

Not really. I wouldn't play Clear Sky without a mod that fixes the game a little but the other two are good to play vanilla.

Start with Shadow of Chernobyl, then Call of Pripyat. Clear Sky can be safely skipped but you really should at least try it out.

ZRP is fine for first timers, it touches up the game a bit. Anything else you should save for until after you've beaten it, or until you accept that you're a faggot and give up on your playthrough.

Not at all. I find the default UI to be just fine. There's plenty to choose from if you just look around, though.

Nothing left but to play and share your stories with us. What game?

Playing SHoC

So far I have managed to cross the train line. The opening area has become a real shitshow though. Of the 12 people that started in the base there are only 7 left. Some military folks keep coming over and raiding them, I had to kill 8 or 9 people before I even got to the bridge to pay the bribe

C'mon, son.

Nice. Shame about the rookie village, I'm not sure what causes the military to raid them. At least you should've gotten a nice rifle from the soldiers. That'll help a little once you get to the garbage.

Aye. That's usually what I do, minus the checkpoint because I can't be bothered. It's a good warmup for the rest of the game, plus assault rifles and the rare grenade are nice.

So satisfying.

my initial response was to kill, but I only have 20 AK rounds and that starting pistol is a pea-shooter.

There was a group of bandits returning to the first mission for Wolf while I was running away from 6 military men, I burnt a fair amount of ammo just getting there.

Is the cordon checkpoint the one after the dog valley? Some other Stalkers came through and cleared it for me

The cordon checkpoint is at the southern edge of the map. It's full of soldiers, no reason to go there early on except to fuck up the military. To the north is the entrance to the garbage. I don't know if I would call it a checkpoint seeing as there's only the occasional bandit, but you're headed in the right direction.

Yeah I didn't go to the Cordon checkpoint, too many patrols heading up the road from there and I don't have the balls to try them yet

If you don't play ironman mode on CoC, you should kill yourself.

ok now that i downloaded the patch , i got a new fucking problem
i crash everytime i try to go to main menu while in-game

here is crash log

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CTexture::Load
[error]File : ..\xrRender\SH_Texture.cpp
[error]Line : 200
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : Invalid video stream

stack trace:

001B:0056717F xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()
001B:039BF07E xrRender_R2.dll
001B:0399F9E5 xrRender_R2.dll
001B:039A2967 xrRender_R2.dll

Russian roulette with a makarov

ctrl+f amk autumn

Thanks. I'm new to modding, so I don't really know where to look or what I'm looking for.

Huh?

You don't like exploring and scavenging, I guess.

Is that difficult to figure out?

I guess only power users had to find that .dll file and copy it in the game folder for it to find it easily.

A few .webms I made from this video. youtube.com/watch?v=Y4eRgneIiNU

Do I turn flares off for all the entries or one in particular?

all of them

open it in notepad++ mark the entire line that says flares all the way over to = on then ctrl+f and replace all flares = on with flares = off

When I start the game I get an odd effect on the chainlink in Sidorovich's office and the edgs of the trees outside, like they're overfocused and moving them makes its brightness flicker when I move. Does his have to do with the lighting options or is it something else?

That's weird, don't remember seeing that before. Pic?

How did you install it? Details please.

I never finished clear sky due to a shitload of bugs a couple of years back

are there any good unofficial patches around now or should I just go straight to CoP?
Been craving some stalkan for a while now

1.10 is stable enough to play but there is also SRP that fixes more things. Otherwise The Faction War is really good too and a decent way to at least see almost all of the maps. It's just freeplay faction warfare where you either stay a loner or join a faction that tries to take over the zone. Get the Arsenal merge of it in the CS mod repo I posted.

gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=1&thm_id=21455&sec_id=21

Thank you kindly user, I was mostly out to play through the singleplayer campaign at least once

But if I still want more I guess I'll try out this faction war thing after.

Which CoC mods do you guys recommend? All of the included Add-ons?

I've been having fun with AO3, Warfare and Dynamic Quest.

I'm away from the PC now, ill get a pic when I can. I installed SoC through steam, ran it once, put the downgrade in and made sure it was 1.04, copied the Autumn AMK zip contents, used the classic trees from the optional folder, copied the deautumizer, then put the patch from the mega link in last. I noticed the problem on full dynamic lighting. Switching to static seemed to make it better, but I'd really rather have full because I hate fucking around with ENBs.

I changed the flares settings in weather before I left the house, I hadn't checked to see of that changed anything or not BTW

Part of the problem. The repo is best for older mods that are final/abandoned and it's better to find an updated version on moddb or similar.

Just get AMK autumn on moddb and ignore the megalink.

(checked)
I got the same result before with just the base mod. I tried that patch thinking it may help.

Well, try it with nothing added to it and then add the new stuff one by one until you find the culprit.

Also, get a pic of it would you?

Where can I find the Arsenal Overhaul Sturmgewehr 58 in Call of Chernobyl? I would've thought that the mercenary quartermaster would stock it, considering I got the G3A3 appearing in stock more or less immediately, but no luck. Got this awful feeling I'm going to have to pop a bunch of Freedom members & roll the dice to find it, since they're occasional NATOboos in equipment. I guess it wouldn't make sense to put two 7.62 NATO rifles in one faction instead of spreading them out.

Freedom sells both of those. It could be that the trader sells them rarely. Check the merc trader in the gamedata folder and ctrl+f for supplies and see if you find it in that list. If not you could always look up how to edit trader files and add it yourself.

I've tried but it's not the kind of thing I can get in a pic. It happens more when, say, the trees are swaying and not standing still. I'll reinstall, see how it is with base mod only and try from there.

I'd recommend torrenting the retail version and patch it to 1.0004 from the beginning instead.

That'll be round 3 then

One last thing, with amk I get these weird graphics glitches sometimes, they go away if I alt tab out. Anyone else get this issue?

Shit happens. No such things as immortal NPCs in this game. You can check their corpses for their PDA info, though.

It's definetly got something to do with the lighting. I don't see the same amount of flickering with static as opposed to full dynamic.

I have autumn aurora installed, although there's no subtitles for anything the characters say outside of speech menus.
Would it be safe to add them in, or should i just put in english dub?

Do you really need a translation for чики брики?

/monster/.jpg

нет, пошел на хуй кожи головы

Best gun_

Russia

Holy shit, I think I know that guy.

How the fuck is DQX fun.
The only type of quests I'm getting are 'Hey, go see this guy who will give you quest :^)'.
Also, why does it give me quests to go to Loner filled Rostok, when I'm part of the military

What gear are you rolling with, stalkers?

I think I'm mostly done with my first run in CoC. I started as Clear Sky, now I'm a legend with an exosuit, March, Tide, and Strelok's SGI5-K (which I found super early on on a stash). All fully upgraded. I also upgraded an FN2000 all the way for the target ID system but it wears out too quickly and it's hard to find more for spare parts to use in maintenance, at least compared to the SGI. Oh yeah, I found the Gauss rifle but the ammo is too rare so I have it stored away as a collectible of sorts.

Do any of you faggots use shotguns? I find them to be nice against mutants, but rifles do the job just as well if you aim for the head and are much more tactically flexible. I also have a hard time hitting stalkers with slugs, no idea why.

I go for lightweight shotguns on occasion and I never carry more than 10 spare shells. Not sure how effective it is though because I recently tried a fully upgraded AKSU-74 instead and that was great. Lightweight, reliable and next to no recoil so you just hold it center mass and hose them down whether they are stalkers or mutants. Ammo is cheap and plentiful plus it works fine against rats as well while the shotgun was inefficient and overkill against them. The only problem is that it needs a lot of ammo and if you're somewhere where you can't loot much it can become an issue.

Always carry a sidearm in .45 with hydroshock rounds as back-up or for fun. If I'm in an exo I get a few lightweight pistols of varying caliber so I know that wherever I am I can always loot some ammo.

Sniper-rifles is great fun because you have to be careful with every shot and running headshots are satisfying as fuck. You have to carry a good backup though and early on I always rely on a pistol for that. So going toe-to-toe with bandit groups with a 1911 is really fun.

I'm thinking of doing a run with only a shotgun as a main and rely on slugs and darts for long range but the weight of the ammo is tiresome.

Where do you find tools at? In the labs, or in faction HQs?

Such is life in the Zone.

.45 is the best handgun caliber. It's true that you rarely hurt for ammo with soviet weapons, unless you're using the ones with subsonic rounds. I prefer NATO weapons myself, ammo can get scarce towards the end of a raid but that just means I get to use my knife and pistol more.
I might try a shotguns-only playthrough once I have some spare time. Could be fun.

I think you can only find them in stashes that you've found the coordinates to. If you find a stash on your own and it's empty chances are that once you get the coordinates a toolset will spawn in it. That's from my experience, I hope I'm not completely right because it's a shitty system, I think.

Anyone care to post a magnet for the games?
I installed the trilogy a while back but the installer kept crashing for some reason and couldnt play the games.

just spent 2 hours encoding only to find the webm is just over 8mb

What the fuck are you using?

I'm pretty bad at editing, but I thought it'd be funny to make anyway.

Do Russians just have homoerotic gas mask fetishes or something?

да
Глубокие ♂ темные ♂ фантазии

xmedia recode

How the fuck do you deal with Controllers?

Very carefully.

If possible shoot at them from very far away. Preferably while sitting near cover. If for some reason you cannot do this, the next best thing is to use a few grenades or get up in it's face and unload your weapon point blank. In a pinch you could also stab it in the face.

I think the first encounter you're in a hallway in the sewers with no cover.
Thanks for the tips, I'll bum rush the fucker and empty my load all over his face.

i just tried webm for bakas and holy shit it took 5 minutes and heres how it looks xmedia can suck a dick

You can do that?

kek

Just got GoG's version of Clear Sky and it really isn't as bad as I remember it. Shit sure is colorful though.

Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is meant to be?

Sounds like You didn't try hard enough to save them, Strelok

Is VP9 really worth that much to you? When you could just h265 in a fraction of the time?

Fucking rookies. You're the reason the monolith has to keep driving people out.

After a brief second playthrough on a Merc start, I've familiarized myself with the AI as being utter bastards. Beside acting like foliage and opaque rolling fog aren't there, which is understandable as a programming limitation, they have this awful habit of laser accuracy. They lay in with a full auto magdump at what may as well be standoff range for that kind of fire while I'm crouched or proned entirely behind, between and/or under objects & leaning around them and will often hit me in succession, forcing me to duck and heal. One time, I was behind the wheels of an APC that was diagonally sliding downhill towards the enemy, which one would imagine would totally obscure their faraway perspective while allowing me to shoot through unimpeded, but he still threaded bursts through on the first shot. Not fun for a battle rifle user, since my shots don't seem any more lethal than intermediate cartridges in Arsenal Overhaul and are harder to follow up on, which WOULD be an accurate depiction at these ranges if the Monolith and Dutiers I was up against weren't armored to the nines or fully exosuited. The hydroshock UMP45 I had for close in didn't help much either for eating up ammo for a more controllable kill at 3-6 rounds compared to two rifle pops, and the MP5 that preceded it was even worse.

This is on Stalker difficulty, so I dread the thought of what Master players have to go through. One would have to do absolutely nothing but silenced bushwhacking at actual standoff range while magdumping any doorway that you might've heard an enemy coming through. Do I just need to be even quicker at lining up shots? Furthermore, I'm going back to Loner on my next playthrough and I worry that Red Forest might get eaten by Monolith again in the time it'll take me to advance that far, which will turn it into an impossible no-go zone. How does one effectively cause attrition to factions in Warfare? Reinforcements are prompt and seemingly don't end, in both my experience trying to keep Monolith from reclaiming the Red Forest-Limansk bridge and in trying to cut off Duty from the APC graveyard road to Rostok in the Army Warehouses. Do I really just need to keep shooting until I've personally destroyed their acting manpower til the next sim squad respawn?

Is this a copy pasta?

Playing CoC as a scientist is pretty interesting, my only issue is getting over the fact shotguns aren't as ruthless as they were in STALKERSOUP. It's not exactly like I miss it persay, but it's getting used to not seeing hunting shotguns lay people out at 50 yards. I think I need to hurry up and patch the game and maybe grab the warfare mod. Although I assume the scientists wouldn't exactly be throwing down, it'd be nice to see a bit more autonomy from the AI sort of likefaction fighting in Clear Sky. It was actually decently fun when it didn't bug out and while being the weakest entry was fun shooting and exploring

If you're planning to upload it to 8ch then it wouldn't accept h265, only h264.

I just want my webms to look good…

It's not. I'm just a CoP only shitter who hasn't played in years trying to crash course myself into gitting gud. First playthrough was a short Loner hobo start, hunting mutants and traversing anomalies in Cordon & the Swamps, got to the point where I had a Bear, a Type 63 and an AKSU before stopping, second was a Mercenary to try the NATO weapons I was eying from the mod's list and wrap my head around properly combatting human enemies. Trying to bleed Monolith at the Limansk bridge was extremely stupid in retrospect, as I underestimated just how many quick-responding bodies enemy control of a map entailed in Warfare- killed two or three dozen of them, I think- but the enemy constantly threading shots through the smallest shooting gap possible is hell, especially with Arsenal Overhaul's lethality. I make a point of having the crosshair/center screen as close to parallel with the wall I'm leaning around as I can to expose myself as little as physically possible while shooting, but it just doesn't seem to make a difference. I get the feeling that I need to make sure the enemy never knows I'm there in the first place by using silencers to scramble my position rather than just being good about using cover, but I was wary of the drop in muzzle velocity that I expected to be modeled. Not sure if it is or not.

The first thing you need to do in Stalker is to set difficulty to master, doesnt matter if you are a first time player or a veteran. Stalker is a flawed gem and one of its biggest flaws is the difficulty system

That's what I heard from my more-versed buddy, more or less. Rookie would tone down the laser accuracy to reasonable levels, supposedly, but it would also mean I would be playing Rookie, which is not acceptable, and from Stalker up to Master the laser accuracy doesn't really change. I assume Call of Chernobyl removes the weird gamey parts of lower difficulties like phantom bullets already, so what will going to Master change? Arsenal Overhaul is already hyperlethal, so I guess bloated mutant HP? I might as well just bite the bullet, either way. And how do I deal with NPC Stalker bastards in the open without resorting to true blue standoff range silenced bushwhacking? That's obviously the best solution, but if there's no wiggle room I imagine it's just going to get overly formulaic in every encounter.

I never heard anything about that.

It's something I read while brushing up, but apparently unmodded Stalker, or at least Shadow of Chernobyl, had bullets automiss on a random chance. Some cartridges are just blanks, they don't do damage regardless of whether the projectile hits. Furthermore, automatic fire had arbitrarily diminishing damage. Somehow, I don't think Call of Chernobyl would keep that.

In Call of Chernobyl you can. You can use gunsmith kits to repair weapons in the field for 15%, or 25% if you have another of the same gun to disassemble.

It's a little unusual for it to happen so often but when I played it Mole was the only survivor of the Agroprom raid. Shit happens.

The first thing you need to realize/remember is that bullets are absurdly lethal. I was walking around in an exo last night and I got shot in the head by a bandit and that was it. And it just kept happening. I'm not sure if that particular bandit was bugged and became super powerful or if I was just unlucky

Knowing that, the first rule of firefighting is to see your enemy before they see you. Binoculars are excellent for this. Taking out one or two people before their friends can react is a great advantage. The second rule is to never stay in one place for too long. Whenever possible you should move to a different spot of cover, ideally without being seen. The enemy does not magically know where you are, and will look towards the last place they saw you. If you can't reposition without being seen, you should simply pick the best/nearest cover you see, for protection and flanking.
The third rule is to use your ears. They are better than your eyes at times. Hear the enemy reloading? Time to pop out. Hear footsteps? Aim towards them. Hear any mention of grenades or lemons? Run, now.

Having said all that bullshit, I haven't modded my CoC yet. So I don't know what new weapons you have or how the AI changes with Warfare.

Yep. Remember how Morrowind had you hit the enemy and then roll a dice to see if you actually hit? It's the same in ShoC. Since CoP did away with that I assume CoC also doesn't work that way.

SON OF A FUCKING BITCH. I knew they could be a little handy from using them, but I didn't know they would actually do that. I've been scrounging anomalies to get the cash to repair my guns, doing quests, and all sorts of ridiculous things, if I knew I could repair my shit like that life would have been much easier. Shit, thanks for pointing that out Now my scientist can go Fuck around and turn off the brain scorcher in semi peace

Very much understood. It's why I picked a battle rifle initially, since footage I watched had exos getting dropped with two shots to the chest, but in retrospect I imagine intermediate bullets will do just as well at the ranges common to Stalker. I'll probably revise my loadout on Loner playthrough 2 from battle rifle/carbine or SMG to assault rifle/chunky steel pistol with this in mind. The Type 63 isn't even a real battle rifle, it just fires 7.62x39 AKM food a little more accurately than average, so I can just ditch it and swap the AKSU to a full-length AK74 to rationalize, since I'll be feeding 5.45 either way. That, or I'll lug around an SVD with the AKSU, something in proper 7.62x54. Certainly not going NATO again, too hard to conserve ammo if you're doing anything more than a quick contract killing compared to just stealing enemy magazines, and I don't think anybody sells it outside Dead City and Freedom territory.

Got that down pat. Army Warehouse hills and getting stuck in the Limansk bridge tower area put a damper on the use in my anecdotes, but I understand this much. I guess a lot of my frustration comes down to the terrain I was stuck in.

This much I applied while by the Limansk tower, simply because I had to manage enemies filtering in from both the upper road and through the broken wall, but it's much harder to apply in the warehouse road to Rostok. Areas with cover are usually straight or slightly windy gullies that are easy to get shot up in if you try to move, and hilltops are good to shoot down from, but have no cover if the enemy gets into range.

I noticed this while butchering my way through a Clear Sky base in Agroprom's southern complex and later the center one after the first took offense to my existence, odd since I thought Clear Sky was neutral to mercs. Bad idea to stick to one place while watching a corridor alone, better to loop around behind them. Bit hard in the highly close quarters of steel army prefabs plus the rat bastard corner bushes the enemy X-rays through, but that's urban combat for you.

That much I'm doing, but like I said, the AI loves to thread ridiculous shots. It's the only thing I take particular offense to as I learn how clever the bastards are. Then again, maybe I'd find that I'm more exposed than I think even in minimal exposure if I went into third person, so I already plan to check that next playthrough.

Doing so, and with headphones. Not sure if the sound is properly directional, though. And I'm still using Russian audio, so I don't recognize anything other than 'granate' in terms of callouts. Footsteps are also not a sure thing; toward the end of my Limansk misadventure, I tried holing up in the tower to keep eyes on both routes and the door at once while having a covered high ground advantage, but some of the troopers liked to silently crouchwalk in. Wouldn't have a chance if they weren't clipping through the wall while aimed at me. I suppose that falls under the rule of repositioning.

Is there a way to remove a scope from SVD in CoC? I tried messing around with configs and I managed to allow the use of iron sights but the damn scope is still in the way. I suppose it might be permanently attached to the model.

Yeah, it's not like other guns where you attach the scope onto the model, there's no scopeless SVD. You would have to either search for a mod that adds one, find the model somewhere and modify the game, or make the model yourself.

Just want to bump the thread mention something.
Have you been using butterfly mines? Those are so useful I have them mapped to f4. They're great for covering entryways or when you're escaping. I will mention that hunkering down in a single position generally leads to horrible death in my experience, but maybe you have better results.

Did someone call for Comfy Music?

lel'd

In CoC I did a (Human) Pacifist playthrough. Not as hard as you'd think it would be. The rules are:
1. Don't kill any Stalkers
2. Don't kill any Zombies (they count as Stalkers on the counter)
3. (optional) mostly use the knife to kill mutants

Don't go to through the tunnel to Pripyat, It's a bitch to get through and even worse to go back.

Loners are the easiest faction to do this with (I think)

All of this while spreading false rumors about the monolith to gather new agents, like the Monolith or Zombified, to do the dirty job.
Kinda feels shitty knowing that Duty x Freedom dick wave is more harmful in the long run than Monolith, after you turn off the C-Consciousness in SoC.
The Monolith will turn into story, after its members dies out or snap out of that shit, while the two major factions of stalkers will keep killing each other and enlisting more stalkers into their faggatory.

Haven't played this game since high school. I forgot how fucking hard it is.

AA2 makes it harder as well because of the damage increase and new recoil.

My suggestion is to get the silenced pistol in the house by the road with cement blocks around it. Then approach from the hill to the west and enter between the garage and the house they keep Nimble in. Kill the bandit guarding him and then move upstairs and get the second one. After that they've usually understood you are there and you can either camp in the house, like a bitch, or go after them more aggressively.

That's some pretty great sound quality.

Learning to love carbine AKs. I already knew the AKSU was great for being a submachinegun in weight with an intermediate cartridge, but the AK-105 I picked up while clearing the Dark Valley factory is even better seeing as it actually has okay base accuracy- for that matter, it actually HAS a base accuracy- and ends up as light if not a little lighter once both have their lightening upgrades thanks to polymer furnishings. I've also learned why in part I keep getting fucked over while prone and seemingly near totally unexposed; while the first person camera displays the player as prone, in reality the player is only craning their neck down and sideways & lowering themselves into a full squat. A very slightly lower crouch, in other words. The player's camera & gunfire is dropped to the models' ass & dick level respectively, while when standing or crouched it is accurately at head and gun level. Deceptive nonsense, I feel very stupid in retrospect. If anything, it probably only made hits worse by getting me repeatedly headshotted from shots scattering away from my center of mass. It'd explain the overly common screen fuckery when I'd try to prone. Further, I've learned that it's almost always best to loop around rather than try and methodically push through and clear rooms, and better to use full auto spray & waste a few rounds on the falling corpse than try to responsibly squeeze out semi-auto shots if you're at a range where it isn't necessary. Miserliness on ammo means expense on medical supplies, which is usually very dire for how little one can scavenge and how the merchants don't seem to stock more than one at a time. If anything, I've been having trouble because I'm far too conservative and taking the wrong sorts of risks for how the game works.

I looked at them once and wrote them off as probably half-broken. If they actually work, I'm going to have to start bringing them with me. Dicking over skulkers in buildings with too many passageways is a wonderful idea, that would've been a lifesaver in the bandit factory.

It was only momentarily tenable, and then only because the Limansk bridge tower has only one stairwell to approach from and a window that helps minimize exposure to those you're shooting below, so you can keep an eye on most everything at all times. Still got killed trying, but taking position around the crates & trucks or by the brick wall past them wasn't doing much good either.

Managed to pull it off eventually. There were a lot of moments where I got caught by surprise and fired at nothing. Fucking CQB man.

Using AMK and the hit effects are really something. Someone shoots you and your head goes spinning and you drop your gun. I swear the anomalies are random too.

Try this.

I wish i could forget this game to experience it again for the first time

I really want to get into Call of Pripyat since I haven't been able to get passed 2 hours after trying like 3 times

What are some essential mods? Preferably some that don't drastically change the game/story since I haven't played it through yet, but maybe some graphics mods since I have a beefy new PC. And maybe some tweaks because I find the first zone very tedius

I need to try this and see which weird places can be reached in OGSE with its new maps.

I can't get Autumn Aurora working properly. Everything goes smoothly until I install the crack then everything stops working. Anyone else had this problem?
Also what's a good site for mods?

And that is how i became a hollowed out husk of a man

Get the GoG version, solved all my problems with mods.

shit ive been away from this thread for too long

this is new:
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/armory-addon-10-coc-1320-ao

anyone recommend good music for stalkan? embed related is pretty good, it comes in the faction playlist addon

uhhh, guys, i don't wanna look like an idiot

but can someone, who doesn't need a gog version, give me their steam key for SoC?
i wanna try activating it gog

already got 2 and 3, wanna have 1 to start from it

here's my e-mail
[email protected]/* */

wut

dunno man, just used cock.li

Is something wrong with the autoupdater? I even tried to reinstall CoC and it still does not work. I keep getting crashes on startup.

I was a sucker for this one from the STALKERSOUP mod's little radio (one of the nicer features in the bug ridden mod)

I don't think that's going to change quickly. More and dangerous enemies spawn after you do missions.

You could try the 2015 merge mod. Adds some new weapons, new artifacts, better AI and slightly more spawns. There is a glitch that makes zombies spawn inside the Skadovsk and Yanov but you get to use weapons inside as well so it's not that bad.

Moddb, if you know slav you can check their forumns as well.

Filefront used to be it but it's dead now.

Do you have any mods installed? I'd suggest moving/deleting the gamedata folder and update it again. That makes it download any missing files you have and works as a sort of hard reset.

Anyone have plans to make a Ray of Hope clan ?
Its coming soon.

Reminds me of one pic with Marked One asking for food to Sid, while Sid is getting a blowjob from a bloodsucker and shitposting.

I do have mods, but I have been trying to redo it several times. I even tried a fresh game with no mods and it did not work still.

I keep getting this message every time I try to rest, in CoC.

GET OUT OF HERE S.T.A.L.K.E.R.O.B.O.T.

do you have to have clear skies for it?

also, are there any good starter guides? I've just gotten to the part where you go into the sewers after helping the Stalkers take on the Military and I'm dying a LOT.

Not soon enough

Here's a little story from today.
cont

Trying to install radio right now for CoC, now I just want to make sure I'm not being an ass while I do this, so do I stick them into the gamedata folder with config's contents being placed into the config folder or am I being stupid about this?

If you shove gamedate inside the CoC folder, it should ask you to merge folders. Just hit yes to all

Thanks a bunch fam, also glad the zone blessed you with a reasonable way out

Id like to think the zone rewards stalkers based on their actions. Or maybe its more like the grim reaper, it wont take your life unless its your time to go.

I can understand that sort of philosophy, although I think a man's greed definitely factors into it.

Or perhaps the Grim Reaper has a bigger hand with it than I thought. A body of the recently deceased looks like a good source of loot, even in the middle of a firefight, for instance. Perhaps you reach out, slowly from cover, in the off chance that the poor soul had a medkit on him, when someone with a good eye and steady trigger finger sets his sights on you.

Or maybe I shouldn't be a fucking loot rat in the middle of a firefight.

Gather around Stalkers.
And let me tell you the tale of Vadya Ardashev and Sergeant Zamonsenchuks
>Get shit payment
>mfw, again
Rest in piece Sergeant Zamonsenchuks
19XX-2015

Comrades may come and go in the zone, but their memory will never fade.

I just want to take it easy already.

Do you think a Bloodsucker would be any good at giving head?
Just think of all the things it could do with those tentacles.

Ghost blowjobs user, imagine it.

Here's a fun story for you fellow stalkers:
(I was going to draw this in a comic but then I got lazy and tired)
"HEY STALKER HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ROBIN HOOD?"
"GRANADA"
"BLYAT"
Such is life in the zone

I tried playing STCOP for CoC, and god damn is that weapon mod great. It actually makes pistols viable and adds a few neat ones. Only problem though is they recently removed some shit from the game to tweak it which kind of sucks since it used to have a fifty cal sniper rifle. I have been able to reliably take down people in exo armor with an MP5, but the damage I take is increased as well to the point where i honestly just stick to very light armor since heavy armor does barely anything.

I was thinking more a girlfriend, but hey, if you're into that kind of thing.

Like I have nothing against Clear Sky, but of all the people I would think would clear military out, Clear Sky was definitely only a peg or two above egg-heads, on account of neutrality

too late

Is this the casual filter for this game?
I'm scared shitless and I always hesitate to continue playing

Shit mate, didn't see this one until now.

Everyone was. But just remember, keep your flashlight up, eyes open and ears tuned. Sure its scary, but there's nothing that can spook a healthy supply of vodka and 7.62x39 ammo

Thanks for the reassurance user
Honestly, Pewdiefag would have a hayday with all of these shitty ass barrels.

we might have to start a new thread soon, i hope stalker generals become a thing more often

Like Spice in Dune, so long as the mods flow, the threads will continue.

I'm going to really have to learn how to control my people, it might be because I'm rolling Ecologist right now, but they're pretty fine chilling out in Yantar and a bit of the wild territory

"Whew, that was scary fun but I hope I never do that again"
Fuck me sideways

When I started playing call of pripyat I thought I was over my fear of labs.
I wasnt

How good is the warfare mod? I heard that it is good, but there are still bugs when used with the dynamic quest mod. Is that true? What would you recommend? What is the warfare mod like?

As I have a grand slamming total of 10 hours of Ecologist based dickery, I can't really tell you how good it is, a few anons in this thread have recommended it for CoC though.

I'm going to hopefully get a better grasp of it when I do a military playthrough, but so far

Not sure if they will be/stay neutral, as I was reading people shouting about "Some egghead dunking a guy from duty over near the construction area" he left some bodies, that's for sure

The train tunnel controller was pretty spoopy too

There's a better solution you know. Coming up through that hole leads you straight into the military compound. Just double back and leave were you came in.

Then sneak into the military compound the other way. Hell, even if you don't sneak it's better to assault the gates head on because then at least you know they aren't behind you at least.

Not just the mods, they flowed consistently since 2006, but the stories is what makes it fun to talk about.

I wish /stalker/ wasn't dead. You could probably revive it if the board owner is still around.

God damn it, they were so young, so bright, with so much tacticool NATO equipment. Now, they are just worm food.

Dirty Havel run, Nothing but pistols and a trenchcoat, no degenerate drugs and booze for anti-rad

Guess I'll just exfil the hostage and buy some more hydro-shock ammo before I go to Cordon to buy pistols from Nimble

Fucking it I could understand, but why would you eat-out a bloodsucker?

Probably because it smelled like cheesecake. You not like cheesecake or something?

Now that you say it: I probably would eat a Bloodsucker out if she tasted like cheesecake.

[HIPPIE REMOVAL INTENSIFIES]

These comics make female bloodsuckers sound pretty appealing.

The zone warps reality and minds alike.
Sure it MAY seem appealing, but its the zone playing a trick on stalkers, and attacking the weakest point a man has.

CoP's lab was small and fairly easy but fuck me was it still horrifying

But Stalker, you can't deny you that you would.

What the fuck do I do, Holla Forums? I've never had a game crash this much before, and that whole "turn off DX10" thing isn't working at all since I'm now getting access violations and shit. Any help on this?

My mind says no, my dick says yes and my vodka bottlejust plays loud bandit radio music

You should know by now what you should truly follow.