This this design really that bad?

This this design really that bad?

It suffers from having too many colors along with overly complicated elements on a generic quadrupedal template.

compared to the other pokemon? not really.

It's better than most Pokemon designs. Especially the megas.

Bad designs isn't the only thing plaguing Pokemon, that's what people don't seem to get. I mean sure, 90% of the new pokemon look like generic weaboo trash, but new Pokemon games fail in being sequels. They fail in building upon previous entries and expanding upon them.

Many pokemon from gen 1 were made better by giving them new evos in gen 2, and then that happened again in gen 4. Since then this still hasn't been done again, apart from the shitty mega evolutions, which are a terrible mechanic.

Then you have the stripping away of features that aren't gameplay centric, but add more to the game. Even from X and Y to OR/AS you can see GF completely ditching the trainer customization which is a really interesting way to making your own character.

Pokemon games are plagued by repetitivity, bad game design, poor care for the finished product and a developer that just does not care anymore.

No shit it is, but the combat is the fucking same thing since gen 3 or 4, the rest of the game has been going downhill ever since.

I believe for that generation lead designer Ken Sugimori allowed some western artists to design some Pokémon

It seems rather likely that it could've been designed by Ponyfags

Late Gen 5 is where it peaked.

Then it just died

I'm agree with . B/W 2 is the pinnacle of Pokemon and Gen 6 shows that GF didn't even try.

What are you 8?

Nigger please I'm not reading your trash. You have to actually play the bloody games if you want the right to criticize the shit

Gen 4 was it's peak. Gen 5 was the most disappointing and Gen 6 is a little better then Gen 5

Some new designs are good but some aren't as good. Every generation has fillers though so it's something pokefags come to expect

I personally think Gen 5 was already way deep into the trash. Heart Gold and Soul Silver feel like a revival of the old days and a farewell to the old fans. The love put into those games is astounding.

I hated gen 5 because it was just low effort. It had nothing special, it just felt like another iteration and its sales gave GF the go ahead for using even more cliche' anime-tier stories in the future.

but whatever, you're entitled to your opinion as long as you don't believe that gen 6 was good

What are you autistic?

I played every single Pokemon game ever released, even the shitty spinoffs. I bought a fucking 3DS for Pokemon X.
Shut the fuck up nigger.

Garbage, I'm very tolerant of most newer designs and that shit made me roll my eyes when I first saw it. Refuse to believe it wasn't just them cashing in on the MLP faggotry. The fact that it ended up being great competitively was extra salt in the wounds.

clop in hell horsefags

Awful MLP pandering shit, especially in comparison to the fucking trio that it's attached to that actually have pretty cool designs

It looks cartoonish and has too many details that set it away too much from the other Musketeers. Other than that, it looks like a generic MLP OC with shit stapled onto it. What another user said about western designers getting into Gen 5 would confirm this if true, because we all know how horsefuckers are Furries+.

You better not be saying the PMD games aren't among the best Pokemon games ever made.

A generation has to include every game released for it. You can argue B&W are better than X&Y but jack shit was released that gen. It was a stopgap between gen 4 and 6 because the 3DS took longer than expected to reach market penetration. At least gen 6 got Mystery Dungeon and R&S remakes

I think Keldeo is sort of cute.
There are better horse pokemon.

I am honestly curious, why do think that Gen 5 was low effort. I can understand BW but BW2 are pretty good.

Only the original. Didn't really like any of the others. I'm starting to think I liked the first one just because of the novelty of it and because it was the first game I played on the DS.

pff
god kill yourself

I put forth an argument
You tell me to kill myself

You sound like a faggot m8

Apparently ORAS is pretty hated though, at least around here. I can't look at it from an unbiased perspective because I sunk thousands of hours into that gen with no competitive play. It was a great experience for us hoennbabbies, I kind of want to go full autist and do a challenge run just thinking about it.

From what I understand people like them for the story, I mean I think most of the pokemons look like shit, but that's not really a valid point to say the whole games are shit, and since the gameplay is the same I doubt that's why people like it.

I just felt like the story was ridiculously bad. It was just shitty anime tier bad. The characters were terrible, the whole role as a protagonist you have is full of plot hole and coincidences.

It's just meh.
Also the New York like region looks boring and uninteresting.

It's the autism user

Was ORAS disappointing as fuck? Yes
But I wouldn't hate it. It's still more than what gen 5 got

Yes. It looks like a knockoff MLP character.

This design is from the same gen and is really good, though.

I'll say this as a fellow Hoennbabby - unless you REALLY want fully updated combat (in which case I'd tell you to look at a romhack) and Facerubbing, you're better off with Emerald on account of a postgame actually existing.

>tfw I loved a lot of gen 5 pokemon and Unova

You're a furfag, your opinion on character design doesn't matter and is objectively wrong

I did too. Gen 5 felt really fresh and had a lot of neat pokemon, even if there were some shit designs thrown into the bunch.

So liking the design of one pokemon that happens to have fur makes me a furfag?

Each gen has its ups and downs. You can't say a batch of 100+ monsters is complete and utter trash.
Unless it's Digimon.:^)

Don't play dumb, at least accept your faggottry. There's nothing worse than a furfag that can't accept being one.

Denial isn't good for you.

Most Pokemon designs haven't really caught my attention since Gen 3. A lot of it past that was either more of what we had already seen or not particularly interesting in my opinion.

Each Gen always has that one Pokemon which really stands out, but across that generation, I feel that has become more the exception than the rule.

Ramoth I fucking love though, lore included. It looks cool and the lore really stands out. I'd really love to see what they would do with a mega, if that didn't wreck the already questionable game balance even more.

In his defence, those are some incredibly waifu-ish pictures you're posting. Not the type of pictures someone who "likes the design" would have.

Well, BW2 is pretty good not for its story but for its content.
On the top of my head are the PWT, White Treehollow/Black Tower and the Challange mode.

I dislike ORAS simply because it is inferior to Emerald. ORAS has a few good thigs like Blessey bases, the DexNav and Soaring.
What most dislike is the lack of content from Emerald, hell, the lack of content all together. The Delta episode is awful and the Mansion is a literal copy paste from XY

I think the problem is that people focus too much in the pokemon that they don't like, Vanillux and Garbodor for normalfaggots and if actually play pokemon them we there are stuff like Keldeo and Meanie Genies and to some degree the starters. There are great stuff like Scolipede, Hydreigon, Krookorok, Archeops and more.

That's fine. I just thought it was on par with the rest and not that special to put a whole game above the others.

It's better than the overrated HG/SS. Don't get me wrong HG/SS is the best remakes but it's not B/W 2 or Platinum level.

They are though. And that's because they had the best base to build upon. HG/SS aren't good because they're good games, they're good because they take G/S which are excellent games and improve them to the max.

I hate the fact that I know what that's based on.

Whatever you say, buddy.

I have lots of Zoroark pictures, boyo. If it looks neat I save it.

Not only were HG/SS excellent remakes, they have features that have yet to be added in more recent pokemon games. The only bad thing about the games I can think of is the lack of a Game Corner (fucking voltorb flip).

If you have a folder dedicated to one pokemon and have more than 5 pictures saved, then you have a problem.
I really don't know why you're still refusing to admit it. I mean everybody already thinks it about you, it's not like you could be any more pathetic than you already are.

I don't understand and there is something about those eyelashes that makes thinkt that it is better if I don't undertand it

Didn't HGSS had the terrible scanlding and pokemon distribution of the originals?

This is the question I have for everyone that likes pokemon

You can live without the gimmicky following Pokemon though. Now a battle facility like the Battle Frontier on the other hand…

What's the point of this obvious baiting? What's so good about hearing people telling you obvious shit that it's a MLP knock-off?

It's just a general pokemon folder.
Oh boy, attaching a numerical value
Because that 6th saved picture is what makes someone full on furfag, amirite?

what?
Do you mean like legendary distribution? I think that was kinda shit for the NA versions, yes. Nintendo didn't really start proper legendary distributions in NA until Gen 5 rolled around IIRC.

It added some personalization to your game and was a neat way to bond with your pokemon. Did it serve a major purpose? Not really, but neither does trainer customization.

Also, as an aside, has there been any other Pokemon game that handled daily/weekly events better than G/S/C or HG/SS?

Level Scaling
Ehh, the way that the enemy trainer's level grow.

Distribution, the selection of wild pokemon.

Is that a neopet?

It got old quickly since max happiness Pokemon would display the same dialogue. I would've liked it more if it had greater variety with each Pokemon.

Imagine if it was actually tied to your pokemon's personality.

inb4 drawfag fixes it