Where did the meme come from that if you have complaints about a game you are bad at that game...

Where did the meme come from that if you have complaints about a game you are bad at that game? I don't even understand the basis for it.
It's basically like calling someone out for being a beginner by assumption alone. On top of that, I can understand how some games can be fun, like you can dick around with the game for a while just by how it's designed, but even still it's not fair to say it's well designed just because it's fun; Snack foods aren't good for you, they just taste a little better.
It makes every argument for and against any game trivial by just adding a no true scottsman, which is all the argument is; No true scottsman would complain about this bullshit, so you are no true scottsman.

because there are genuine cases of people taking issue with a game that was just a byproduct of them sucking dick at the game

Why must you all faggots feel like you represent Holla Forums or that Holla Forums has any amount of general consensus on anything. All Holla Forums does is rattle reviewer's opinions around.

That just means the people who make the counter arguments are knee-jerkers and don't know what they're talking about even more than the dumb shits, since the dumb shits are talking from experience and the other idiots are just reciting their proverbs.

I wasn't saying that was all of Holla Forums's opinion, I'm asking where the meme comes from that you either like a game or you're shit at it. DmC was great by that standard.

I would post that image but I don't have it

just a rant of my own, didn't mean to reply to you, sorry for not pointing it

Where did this meme come from of listening to others on an anonymous Cambodian imageboard?

I've never believed this

If you complain about difficulty, while losing, and others are winning, then you sir are the "knee-jerker", you homo.

There it is folks. Making a criticism doesn't have to come from losing, it can be completely valid while the person playing is actually doing well at the game in all respects. If something is poorly designed, and everyone else is eating the shit, it doesn't make that shit good to eat.

It's a different case with every game.

Fighting games are more fun when you're completely shit at them.

Slashers, FPS, ARPGs etc. are more fun when you're great at them.

I disagree

Imo casual fights with friends are much more fun than abusing some retarded techniques and caring about frames, it gets too deep.

well there is a long stretch between being complete shit and doing frame perfect inputs, i'd personally feel more comfortable when i at least know what i am trying to do, instead of mashing

Ah, of course. I'm talking about being shit at a fighting game but being familiar with it.

Nigga if shit's not fun don't play it.
If it is but hard, get good.
What are you even complaining about?

One thing when you come to discuss a game, and then a bunch of faggots pop out and start shitting on it because they have nothing better to do, another thing is when you being such shitter come into game's thread and start shitting on it.
Why do you do that? How about you go discuss the game you like?
Or better yet there are people making threads about games they hate. Well fuck, why do you even spend time on making a thread about a game you hate? To bait people who like it? Fuck off.

Because the overwhelming majority of people that bitch about games on anonymous image boards haven't played them and are trying to fit in by seeming like an expert but in reality are just making an ass of themselves to anyone that actually played the game. It's just that nobody else usually speaks up about it. Except maybe niche games with autistically devoted fanbases, and when I say fanbase I mean people that actually played the game. Not like, tumblrites that saw some comic about fnaf about the killer robots all liking the security guard. I'm talking like, people that don't need to know what's in the box because they actually paid attention to the plot in a jumpscare game.

but you're losing because you're incompetent, while many others are doing fine
clearly that indicates that the problem lies within you, not the game
meaning that your criticism is retared

It comes from games that have a reputation for being difficult getting a disproportionately high number of complaints.

I take it you never heard of DSP ?

WOOOOOW, HOW THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT DSP, IT'S LIKE THEY EXPECTED ME TO HAVE WATCHED HIS VIDEOS BEFORE STARTING THE THREAD
FUCKING KOJIMA, AH AH AH AH

FUCKING BULLSHIT OP THREAD MECHANICS WOW

that's how memes work nigger goddamn

YOU HEAR ME PUSHING BUTONS

Why didn't you just git gud?

I WAS PUSHING ALL THE DAMNED BUTTONS

I WAS BLOCKING
FUCKING GAME IS LAGGING
WHY CAN'T I BLOCK
THE OTHER GUY IS SHIT AT THIS GAME, I'M JUST LOSING BECAUSE OF FUCKING LAG

There it is again. I just don't understand.
If there's a criticism, isn't it instantly justified if your only counter argument is "git gud". The whole thing is fallacious.

that's a completely different fallacy called appeal to majority instead of ad hominem.

well it depends on the situation
if we're talking about people complaining about mount and blade's combat, they're always wrong, since the majority of players use it just fine

Well you can clearly see the problem by just looking at communities, the souls franchise for example, the game apparently has no flaws and if you complain that something really is bullshit, then it's a wall of "git gud"s, and even if a lot of people do manage to get through the bullshit, that doesn't make it any less bullshit, off the top of my head I can only say the enemies in dark souls 2 that were literally standing on a rotating wheel, plus the hitboxes.
It's not a "LOL GIT GUD JUST DODGE" if you dodge and it VISIBLY doesn't hit you but it still does, but nope, you must git gud ;^)

9 times it's of 10 it's just faggots trying to insult people for not liking a game they like.

But you do get instances where someone's complaint about a game stems from them not knowing how to play.

The best way to demonstrate you're one of the 1 in 10 is to actually explain why they are playing the game wrong instead of just saying "git gud".

The situation was what you just stated, that the player who isn't doing it well is wrong and the players who are doing it well are right. It doesn't matter if a ton of people are swallowing shit, it doesn't make the one person who's against it a retard.

Nobody protects M&B's graphics or overall low production values ever.
Nobody protects Dark Souls' Bed of Chaos or Lost Izalith ever.
Because those are shit.
But when you shit on combat no real arguments, you're gonna be called casual.

Nobody protects that piece of shit either. It does indeed has shit enemies and hitboxes and all that. But if you complain about sen's frortress from DS1 or muh poise from DS3, you're fucking casual.

well it does, if everyone else is right

I think the problem here is everyone who is making the argument is full of themselves and don't want to think they wasted all their time on something technically poor.

It actually doesn't.

well if they had fun, does it matter?
why do you have to try and spoil everything

one off

You don't eat chicken bones or mussel shells, do ya?

Not arguing against your point, but that's a bad analogy.

It really depends on what you're complaining about.

Like for example it's true for people who complain about grinding in Dark Souls. If you're grinding in Dark Souls you're just not going to have as much fun as you would if you simply took the time to learn to play the game properly.

Whenever I have a criticism with a game it's usually not because I'm not having fun, it's because there is something physically wrong with the game. The argument that you can only have a criticism if you are bad at the game is what I have a problem with; the meme needs to die. It needs to die like a sack of puppies in a river.

is there something physically wrong with mount and blade's combat then?

you brought up games, I am just arguing that your argument is bad and you should feel bad

"The situation was what you just stated, that the player who isn't doing it well is wrong and the players who are doing it well are right. "
t.

If you don't like something, it means you don't appreciate it.
If you don't appreciate something, it means you're doing it wrong.

The simple fact that your taste is different means you're playing it wrong, because having fun is one of the requirements of playing something right.

Okay you're just retarded and probably think everything can only be subjectively observed and not objectively observed on any level?

If you don't like a game because it's hard like Ninja Gaiden then fair enough, get good but I've experienced this shit with WoW.
I always preferred GW1 because apparrently "I'm shit at WoW and have bad gear" you know not because I prefer GW1's combat, lore and world.
Cause I'm apparently bad.

fuck off

Come back when you have an example of a game instead of anons here doing the work for you. As well as not looking like a fucking casual doing so.

You guys are acting really upset about all this; even when I don't name a game you sit up on high about this stuff. Can't you guys admit that games have flaws even when they are fun?