ITT: The last time a videogame actually creeped you out, and was it in a horror game?

ITT: The last time a videogame actually creeped you out, and was it in a horror game?

I have a theory that creepy shit in straight horror doesnt work anymore because we expect it and in other genres its a tone breaker and as such is more effective.

eg.

Place was more effective than any recent horror game i've played.

Bloodborne is great but it's "haunted house" or "halloween" style scary. In other words, not scary at all.

haunted house intimates jump scares of which theres only one in the upper cathedral ward with the choir and the window going full spencer mansion.

The spiders from metro: last light really got to me. I'm terribly arachnophobic, but other spiders in games never bother me. These ones did.

poison zombies from half life freak me the fuck out every time

AHHHH FUCK THAT

No haunted house and halloweeny is the feel of the game. It's dark and gothic ooooooohhh. Foreboding atmosphere!

That isn't scary.

The game is fucking garbage. You just follow a talking guy all the time like call of duty. Look at this garbage.

Silent Hill 4 was the last time a videogame creeped me out. And the only other games who managed to successfully creep me out were the other 3 Silent Hill games.

compared to.

THAT MEANS THEY HAVE HUGE GUTS!
RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR THEIR GUTS!

I really can't stand bloodborne for whatever reason.
The weapon variety is bad (somehow made worse from the normal souls fare because it tries really hard to subvert it with the trick weapon mechanic)
skill builds are somehow just as bad as DS3
Bosses are really samey just as the other souls games.
Areas are pretty okay, few exceptions, but generally nothing really sticks out.
Music was good too bad the SOUND EFFECTS DURING BOSSES WERE LOUD AS FUCK for some of them

I would definitely never say the game provides any sort of horror aspect. Nothing at any point poses any threat because you're the invincible souls man except during the ending where you die no matter what (or turn into a slug but that's basically dead).

sage for off topic

user what do you mean, the bosses were perfectly quie-SSSSSSSKKKKKKKRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

To be fair the game stops holding your hand after you have a drink with him.
Can't defend 2033 though.

Morrowind, actually.

I remember whichever Penumbra game had you stuck in that spider tunnel trying to escape from the skittering shits got my hair up. It was claustrophobic as fuck and didn't exactly just jump right out at you.

I'm envious of your experience, I swear to god I died to one of those sack men but I never made it to Yahar'gul early. I also missed out on Hemwick and Cainhurst the first time because I saved that path for later and it turned out to be entirely optional whereas I took the main path to the end.

Oh yeah missed Upper Cathedral as well. Fucking sucked.

THIS GAME SCARED THE HECK OUT OF ME

I am scared that i don't enjoy video games anymore