Fallout New Vegas thread becuase why not

Fallout New Vegas thread becuase why not

REMINDER THAT ONLY THE MOST DISCERNING VIDEO GAME PLAYERS SIDE WITH LEGION AND ONLY BRAINDEAD RETARDS WHO LIKE FALLOUT 3 AND 4 SIDE WITH NCR

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xG3Mv5mi
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45138/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49012/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39531/?
wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/I_Could_Make_You_Care#Fixes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enjoy your coin, moron.

OBVIOUS OBLIGATORY FALLOUT BAIT THREAD FOR THE DAY

Keep sucking fascist cock.

Oh look, another lolbertarian

at least my shitposting is far superior

What's wrong with freedom? Let me guess, you got bullied in school and now want you to oppress everyone who made fun of you, don't you?

What's wrong with freedom?

It isn't free.

Ask yourself what's wrong with democracy and you'll get a similar answer.

Democracy doesn't work because men are corruptable. Anarchy doesn't last long because feudal governments are naturally occuring and evolve from there (see Europe's early history). The only systems of government that actually look out for the well-being of its people are fascist dictatorships.

Prove me wrong.

fix'd

Well that's Holla Forums in a nutshell really.

Anyway who is the best waifu and why is it Cass?

Well your nation is your race, user. Party membership is non-inclusive. That's why Europe is dying and the US is failing; they've lost a racial identity and therefore are no longer by definition nations.

You've already proven yourself wrong user.

Explain to me why a dictatorship is any less susceptible to corruption long-term. Indeed it would appear to be at a larger risk. Even if the first 'generation' of dictators truly wants what is best for their country there is no effective way to recruit that attitude. Representative democracy is deeply flawed yes but it gives you a system of removing those blatantly unsuited to their role.

Classic Fascism has no racial element, only a nationalist one. Do not confuse it with Nazism.

I'd probably agree with your comment otherwise though. The lack of a national identity is what kills nations.

You're a special kind of stupid.

I've been gone from Holla Forums for 2 years, when did it become so cucked with leftshits?

It's not, that faggot is just an exception mate

The existence of nationalist and indeed ultra-nationalist ideologies that specifically state 'race isn't an issue' suffice as evidence against this statement.

Quick, someone tell the world that Mussolini was a raving fucking communist.

See the ancient roman empire that lasted for a thousand years and fell only to barbarian hordes after a succession of weak emperors.

That's why the US isn't falling apart after 200 years and why Europe isn't dying after a few mere decades of "egalitarianism".

Face it fucker, the Allies in WWII were actually the bad guys.

Does anyone have that one autistic NV mod pastebin? I feel like actually reinstalling and modding the fuck out of it now.

All y'all niggas silly willies

With that kind of technology, at that point, nations would become irrelevant and money would become obsolete. Humans have a long way to go before society evolves to that point. I'm of the opinion that it can't and won't happen due to current policies (political correctness above all) being so much a staple in our current system.

The only way it will happen is if Japan continues its xenophobic traditions or whites establish a country for whites only. It will never happen in Europe or the US under current policy. It is likelier to happen in China than in the US.

People who eat dogs and cats and sewage grease have a better chance at living in a utopian society than we do.

Well firstly it was 500 years unless you wish to count the Byzantine Empire (and I'll point out losing half your Empire is not exactly a success and before that cock-up there were plenty more failures). It was, after all, a democracy of sorts pre-Ceasar. 500 years is also, give or take, how long Athenian democracy lasted for. Secondly the Roman Empire was known to have serious issues with corruption a couple of hundred years in hence the aforementioned 'losing half the Empire' thing. Thirdly those weak Emperors you mention seem fairly solid evidence of a recruitment problem. Hell even before them there were multiple succession crises and periods of instability (year of four Emperors, for example). Finally that's one cherry-picked example of an occasionally functioning dictatorship in terms of succession. Unless you can explain why this applies to other dictatorships it still appears at least as susceptible to corruption as a democracy.

The USA's democratic system is great on paper, poor in practice and it's still the leading world power. And I'm not arguing democracy is a perfect system anyway merely the least shitty long-term. It could probably be improved if there were the political will. Athenians limiting the vote to adult males seems a good start…

Why are you bringing up 'egalitarianism' all of a sudden? Additionally there are functioning democracies in Europe that have lasted longer than 'a few decades'.

Once the tech is there sure. It solves the problems of a meritocracy quite well.

Current politics is opposed to merit-based systems because that would, unsurprisingly, favour those with a work ethic rather than a victim complex.

The Empire lasted 500 years, unless you count Byzantium. It was a republic before that.
Two centuries is a pretty standard lifespan for empires.

pastebin.com/xG3Mv5mi
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
You mean these?

I side with Legion because I want to make the imaginary life of the non-existent people in the game as miserable as possible. It's my way of getting revenge on the terrible new Fallout games.

NV is miles better though, because you can affect outcomes through choice and 90% of the people aren't invincible

Then you failed, because NCR canonically makes its subjects the most miserable.

Really, the only "morally good" faction in the game is probably the Followers of the Apocalypse, but their choices are so goody-two-shoes that instead of getting an advanced society with their choices, you'd probably just end up with something like a current-day country in Africa.

I've always felt like political opinions change like the tides, were you have long period of one opinion, which then slowly recedes and makes place for a long period of an opposite opinion. Maybe we'll be able to hold on to a public opinion that would favour an AI for long enough to actually implement it. But you're right that now is not the right time to actually try something like this (if we had the technology, that is)

We have to get rid of the current rampant idea that if someone complains, (s)he is automatically in legitimate distress and needs to be helped. People need to realise that their sympathy can easily be exploited by those who seek only personal gain. Maybe then the world will favour merit over semi-plausible explanations about why someone couldn't meet certain standards

Oh yeah, because being a slave and having basic healing items banned is so enjoyable.

I wouldn't trust an (((AI))) until we get rid of the real (((problem.))) And even then, I'd like to give some forms of government another try without (((them))) being around to fuck everything up.

Even if now was the time to try it, it would be a bad time. We still need to overthrow leftards and erase political correctness from our thinking so that we may enter a sort of nationalist meritocracy. Until then, our shit social hierarchies, bullshit monetary system, and corrupt governments will have to stay.

She's a raging alcoholic like I am. I like her.

The only slaves in the Legion are actual, literal slaves. We didn't meet any of the actual subjects of the Legion in-game because they all lived across the river. Everyone from the Legion you meet in-game is a soldier.

Wheras you talk to some actual NCR citizens in New Vegas and they pretty much all hate the NCR because they're taxed out the asshole and barely get any protection at all, because NCR is basically using them all as slaves to power their war machine. Almost nobody you talk to who belongs in NCR wants to actually be in NCR, they're just doing so because it's either that or get absorbed into the Legion, the consequences of which they don't fully understand, so naturally they fear it.

The only clue the player gets about the Legion's actual culture is from Honest Hearts, about how tribes absorbed by the legion become happier and greater than they've ever been before they were unified by Caesar.

Probably because all of it was pre-war shit and actually terrible for you, like med-x and stimpaks. The tribal remedies they developed actually work pretty well if you've got a high survival level. Try playing without using stimpaks at all; survival is probably one of the more overpowered skills in the game if you use it correctly.

Anyways, society goes two ways: tradition and change. Too much tradition, and your society stagnates, never advances technology, and never betters the lives of its subjects (see Amerindian tribes). Too much change, and we get [CURRENT YEAR].

Legion really got shafted because Obsidian run out of time and cut a huge portion of their quests and at least one big location. Some NPCs mention how great trade is in Legion territory because there are no raiders, compare that to the NCR territory.

Noble effort but he is super triggered by his headcanon not matchng the reality.

I think you mean "forfeited their human rights, reverted to a disastrous political system that is responsible for millions of deaths, and dissolved their identity."

Legion has free trade, a society unmatched anywhere in known post-war Earth, and no raiders. NCR has a major raider encampment literally a stones throw away from their largest military base in New Vegas, who are actually glad that it's NCR there and not the legion, because even Motor Runner shits his fucking pants at the thought of the Legion coming through his territory.

Only egalitarian pussies choose NCR, tbh.

The other part he's leaving out is where oftentimes Caesar would outright kill all adult males over 12 to destroy tribal identities. Who the fuck other than tumblr wants all adult males to die?

All the factions in New Vegas are equally good and well presented which is why people still bicker over which faction is the superior one for ruling the Mojave.

Currently doing a House-Melee playthrough and I forgot how fucking long this game is with all the DLC.

Firstly, there is no such thing as a "human right".

Secondly, being a degenerate warrants the cross.

Thirdly, the man in your picture has nothing to do with New Vegas. If he did, New Vegas probably would have just been Fallout 3 DLC and would have included just the strip and not a single inkling that NCR could have ever done anything wrong at all. The Legion would have been portrayed as literallyworsethanhitler even more than it was how Obsidian wrote it.

Raul said he had no problem with Legion considering he saw what Arizona was like before Caesar conquered it.

Raul's a pretty cool guy so I trust his judgement.

Raul's one of the better companions, ironically.

ED-E is still the best though, even before all of his Lonesome Road upgrades.

I like the mod where you can get Vulpes as a companion.

All the companions in New Vegas are sick OP when you get down to it. Especially Boone, ED-E is the best though because he acts like an actual support companion and doesn't just steal all your kills.

Whether youre an upjumped savage or an ncr shill, we can all agree that "independent vegas" is the non-canon, self insert, mary sue, bethesda tier option.

Ah yeah, I forgot about Boone. I actually stopped using him due to how OP he is; he'd just make the game boring. And then when I found out Veronica was voiced by a feminist libcuck, I was pretty much turned off of using her. Not to mention the fact that she's an ugly lesbian. Cass is bestgirl, only shame is that she's partial to NCR, and I sort of wish the VanGraff questline wasn't tied in with her.

Yeah, Legion companion was another thing that got cut. Originally it was supposed to be Ulysses but they never even implemented him in the base game, only later kinda recycled the character for Lonesome Road where he was meh.

Of course, not to mention completely unrealistic and would never last, since basically all it does is establish the player as another Caesar, albeit without any sort of culture to back it up (and thus would die with the player).

Anons who choose an independent vegas are babbys first politics entry and probably find themselves in the green on the political compass.

The problem with LR was giving the Courier a back story that was completely out of the player's control. Throughout the entire game the player was able to shape the Courier's backstory how they wished, not very deep but it was still there.

Then LR and Ulysses spend the entire time blaming you for something that the player character din du so the message was gone.

Fascist dictatorships only look like a good idea, because, due to the short time they lasted, leadership changes weren't a common problem. I guaran-fucking-tee you that if a fascist government was to rule for a span of, say, a century, it'd degenerate into a parody of itself as the corrupt and crooked estabilish themselves and start exploiting holes in the system, or even making them, until you're left with a shithole. The only form of government that has a CHANCE to not fall into trash over time, as the leaders die and are replaced, is hereditary monarchy. You can be as much a jew as you want, have as much money as you want, but you still won't be able to control what kind of person is born to the ruler (and if you do try any shit, you might just end up losing your head). Once a government reaches the point when its utterly corrupt and full of jews, there is little to no chance of saving it - the estabilishment just won't allow it, and you'd need nothing short of a small miracle. With monarchy, however, no matter how many times a complete douche got the crown, every time the leadership changes, you get a fair chance of the next monarch being a good, competent ruler. It might be like playing dice, but I'd rather take a chance than the absolute certainty of bad leadership.

This is one type of playthrough I've never found the courage to go through with.>>10201408

Well the only one that currently exists is BestKorea. They seem to be doing okay, though the only reason it even still exists is because China and the US haven't gone to war yet.

This is all systems of government that go on forever though. I can only assume it's part of some natural order to prevent things from lasting forever.

Best Korea was actually superior to South Korea until the ~70s when the west invested heavily in the south for strategic reasons and the first generation of Nork idealists died off. Pretty much the same reason post-war Germany ended up with such a strong economy: funding with no strings attached to keep scary communists away.

Some things just stagnate and some things decay. We haven't yet learned all the reasons why or how an empire can collapse. We're still learning. Society evolves using trial-by-error systems, and is why we keep a written history so we can continue evolving.

That's why the concept of Fallout is so scary and so appealing at the same time; most of written history is lost in the Fallout universe, so it's almost like starting all over again. That's why you've got all these feudal tribes and such. Governments blossoming just like they did in early history.

Eventually we'll find a system that works and lasts forever, or near forever. Something like thousands of years instead of hundreds that only events of epic proportionscould disrupt, like a star exploding somewhere in our galaxy and potentially destroying life on Earth or something. Nothing like the frivolities that have disrupted previous empires, like an emperor having a weak son or none at all.

My only regret is that I was born in an era where there is nothing to explore, nothing to conquer, and nothing to do but shitpost on the internet and browse dank memes while normalfags normalpost their virtue-signaling and we both contribute to the deaths of our nations.

Stimpaks are literally healing powder in a hypodermic, so you get healed quicker and don't get sleepy. Med-X is just morphine, a basic painkiller.

Whatever, homo

So I never understood why people liked NV so much compared to FO3, because from what I'd seen there wasn't much difference. Then I started watching an LP of NV and I can see how it's generally better and more fun, but there are still some big annoyances.

They keep repeating the same lines every 20 seconds when following you, two of them are faggots telling you so right away, one of those is le quirkyxD Fellatio Day

Overall writing is much better than FO3 but every second person you meet talks the same way. Incomplete sentences. Two words. Almost monologue. Weird.
Even the nightkin in Dead Money sounds like a 13 year old trying to be philosophically-hardcore edgy. Then of course the swearing. Several characters you meet think it's necessary to swear every second word like they just turned 12 and got an x-box live account for their birthday.

Maybe I just haven't seen enough yet, but it seems no female in the game is in any way "weak" or "dumb". They can be rough, tough, cool, smart, mean, even intriguant but not dumb or some kind of failure. (Crazy supermutant "females" excluded) If there's a stupid or retarded character, it seems to be guaranteed that he'll be male (example: the guy who thinks he's a ghoul)

Might have forgotten something that bothers me, but anyway, other than that it seems like a mostly fun game, much more in the style of FO2 than FO3 was and with a nice variety of guns and some interesting perks. Also lots of opportunities for skill checks other than speech, very nice.

And Ulysses teaches you how to make better healing powder that the actual Legion uses that has an increased effect and has no downsides and is natural.

That shitloads of people in the Fallout universe get heavily addicted to and die from, a very well-documented dark side of med-x.

Nigger, I wouldn't have time for that shit. I just want to make caps trading and being a courier. I was born to be a fucking courier. That's why the Legion is the best; don't have to worry about fucking around with goddamn raiders or junkies, all those fuckers are slaves working to the goddamn bone making my life a paradise.

Oh and another thing: There are actually big locations in the game. They might not be realistically big, but it's a lot better than in FO3 where you had a "city" the size of a big house with ~20 inhabitants, half of which unnamed.
In NV some areas are of a size that makes you believe there could actually be more than 20 people being able to live there. Like the NCR base including their farms, Vegas, even boomer territory

NV unmodded vs FO3 unmodded, first thing is that FO3 has no ironsights. Secondly is the choice of weapons in FO3 is absolutely trash (there are more weapon varieties in NV than in FO3 and 4 put together).

I think the one thing FO3 has over NV is that the base map is more fun to explore (excluding navigating DC, fuck that garbage) and has more variety in the interior cells you can explore, like the Metro (fun to explore, shitty to actually navigate). Oh and karma actually works, somewhat.

That's why ED-E is the best. He doesn't say shit and doesn't get butthurt if you join a faction. Bleep bloop.

Obsidian was more "progressive" than Bethesda in those days, and is even reflected in that they've got gay and lesbian perks and a gay and a lesbian companion. I don't really agree with this being a net positive, but I do concede that Obsidian are far better writers than Bethesda ever was.

Like I said, Stimpaks are literally healing powder in a hypo. It's one xander root, one broc flower and an en empty syringe. I'm not sure if any of the major factions can mass-produce syringes yet, but it should be possible. It's been a while since I last played NV, do they ban RadAway and Rad-X too?
Do you want to ban weapons because they kill people too? Painkillers are necessary for surgery.
What do you mean? Reno did it. Aradesh and Tandi did it. Caesar did it. Vegas is in a pretty good strategic position, since the NCR is too overextended to make another push for the dam. They can't let Caesar have it either, so Vegas is pretty safe from outside threats.

Fucking hell
Stimpaks still heal you three times faster.

Only chumps even need healing items beyond food tbqh.

The regeneration from survival items makes you near-invincible.

Them's Good Eatin's perk lets you find blood sausage and red paste on just about everything, which are both really great for healing.

A raider base who got support from the Legion, who also had moles inside McCarran, and the Khans for a start. Also NCR got bogged with the Legion so they could afford to go after said raiders. The fiends are simply pushovers in all endings when they got the real attention of any of the big players.

I just did an NCR playthrough and its astonding the amount of shit you have to unfuck. Legion has their shit together. Thats why I excuse the whole "simple weapons and medicine" bullshit they pull because apparently it works. Compare Nelson and Camp Forelorn Hope. Also fuck General Oliver's bullshit.

I can't even bring myself to finish my BoS/NCR playthrough because of how dumb all the NCR quests are.

They're using power armor because they have looted ones from the war with BoS. They can't afford combat armor or advanced weapons for the army, only some rangers get those.

I remember doing Legion for the first time and found it hilarious that I was almost finished.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain if the main player never got involved Legion would've taken back Hoover Dam.

And then inevitably fallen apart a few months later when Lanius fucks everything up

Everyone shits on Lanius but when I finally met him he seemed very intelligent and noble.

I guess he just doesn't give a fuck about long term goals for the Legion and just likes to Murder. Which is a valid way to go in life.

It's just that I have no doubt in my mind that when Lanius eventually gets around to making decisions he won't use the Frumentarii to their full ability which is without a doubt the most effective arm the legion has.

Also he demonstrated how smart he was when in one of the endings he has his men chase down the remnants and loses loads of them in the process. Caesar doesn't make the same mistake.

Its just as shit as Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

I wouldn't say it's his stupidity as more blood lust. He would destroy his enemy even if it meant the destruction of the Legion just because.

Assuming that you actually took the sensible option of keeping the upgraded securitron army rather than blowing it up, you as the player has more than enough ability in terms of forcing your dominance in the region. You as the player could just hop straight into Mr House's chamber, preserving your life and status for potentially centuries, unlike Caesar.
Also this is a better adaptation for the political compass:
Red = Caesar's Legion
Blue = NCR
Green = Mr House
Purple = Independent
Prove me wrong.

You wot. They're trying to imitate the Roman empire. It's not fascism. NCR however is pretty much communism.

Also, Fascism is great.

Thats not how that works.

People want freedom from degeneracy, not freedom to be a degenerate. Something you lolbertarians never understood, because you have autism.

NCR RHYMES WITH NTR

You obviously don't understand how a libertarian society would work.
If you were to own enough private property, you could start a Nazi land were you could make it degeneracy-free, all you would have to do is make newcomers sign a contact that forces them to abide by your rules when they enter your private property.
So long as you don't invade other people's territories, the state couldn't do anything to stop you.

Legion's conservative as all hell, dude. NCR is hardcore liberalism.

Morality that’s issued rather than adopted is disingenuous and meaningless. It will always play second fiddle to one’s true desires and intentions. Morality is subjective and varies from region to region with different people. Issuing a nation-wide moral code is useless because no two people are going to match up perfectly, and it will not be taken to heart by anyone other than fanatics with no ability to reason on their own.
Get fucked you cognitive dissonant neckbeard. The answer to your 1984 is my 1776.

I spent the rest of my post giving you an example on how to mitigate this kind of entropy

Those things rarely had disrupted empires, however. If the son was really weak (retarded), he got replaced by a relative. If he was merely incompetent, someone else (wife, mother, powerful noble, etc.) took the reins and ruled from the shadow. Most of kingdoms and empires fell due to either the feudal system, where the nobles were more concerned with their own fiefs and would gladly fuck over the realm as a whole if it meant they'd profit, which is why any modern monarchy should not be a feudal one, or because some other nation had invaded, or simply because, as democratic tendencies perforated the society, the monarch delegated too much power as to become nearly powerless (Great Britain is a fine example of this).

I like all the factions and what they represent as civilizations, ideologies and to the theme of the story.

However, I would've probably liked the Legion much more then I do if they were finished.

Is there any mod that fix enemy health? its really annoying to shoot someone in the head 5 times until they die

difficulty slider

I think Vicious Wastes increases damage across the board, but it affects other things too.

I was referring to the ideologies of the people who select the factions, not the ideologies of the factions themselves.
Just like authoritarian left-wingers, those who join Caesar's Legion usually are power-hungry and want to purge anything that goes against their viewpoint.
Just like authoritarian right-wingers, those who join the NCR usually like traditional and practical structures, which makes sense since NCR is just like any generic down-to-earth military force.
Just like libertarian left-wingers, those who side with House are usually people who bow down to those in power without actually analytically thinking for themselves since it simply seems to be "For the greater good!".
Just like libertarian right-wingers, those who take the independent ending are enlightened about the truths of civilizations. They either are seeking to rid others from seeking unfair power structures over them by seizing power themselves (keeping the upgraded Securitron army) or they just want to see the world burn (destroying the upgraded Securitron army).

tomoko fag plz go.

Just say communists, conservatives, socialists, and libertarians, user. It's easier to say and type.

You're literally just retarded.

New Vegas is a gud guy
He dindu nuthin wrong

Poor Fallout 4, sucks to be a white guy and be treated with different standards by these sjws

Deadlier Combat Mk II. I can't play the game without it.

Just say communists, conservatives, socialists, and libertarians, user. It's easier to say and type.
You're retarded.

That's a severely flawed system.
For example, not all authoritarian right-wingers are conservatives (e.g. Facists).

I used libertarian in the sense of opposing authoritarianism in regards to social values. If you know anything about the political compass, you would know that libertarian left-wingers are socialists. Socialist governments require the rich people to pay mass taxes for example and effectively force them bow down to those in power. Libertarian left-wingers have as much liberty as authoritarian right-wingers do.

Read both responses above.

At least my waifu doesn't fuck niggers :^)
Jk i don't have a waifu

Now that I think about it, your adaption of the political compass is probably better. If you arrange a couple of words around my interpretation of the people who select each faction it also still works.

The libertarian left wing is a fucking myth.
Even the retarded liberals that join the Libertarian Party all say that taxation is theft. The current cucked LP candidate, and he isn't even libertarian on social issues, says that taxation is theft. If you really think that libertarians are ok with taxing the rick you're either fucking retarded or speaking entirely out of your ass.

Alright, so you really are retarded.
Except that's literally what they are. Fascists aren't right-wing or left-wing, they're totalitarian

Have this Tomoko.

L-Lewd

These seem a bit off to me

Holy buzzwords, Batman!

Holy plebbit, cuckman!

Again, I used the term "libertarian" based on how the political compass ranks each ideology. It is simple used for how much the government has control over social values, not economic values.
For example, Anarcho-Capitalists are classified under the libertarian right-wing, despite being a form of anarchy rather than minarchy which opposes the proper definition of libertarianism.
With an exception of the anarchist brands, what is considered to be the libertarian left-wing under the political compass is just basically liberals with more excessive taxing by the government for public services and more breaking down of the economic classes.

The original poster I responded to used the political compass, hence why I was using it in this discussion.
Also, using only those four terms only is far worse than using the political compass as a measure.
Pictured related. We are both correct, but I guess I probably should of specified Italian Fascism rather than just using fascism as a general term in the context of this discussion.

You're actually retarded.

I've finished nearly every quest, what should I do now?

That includes you.
In fact, Legionfags stem from FO3 Enclavefags that didn't even known what they did in FO2 and bought into Bethesda's shallow attempt to paint one faction as not completely irredeemable in the last minute.

Prove me wrong.

Have you played all the dlc? There's more content there than there is in the main game. If you've finished all the dlc and all the base quests the only thing left is to play some quest mods, do another playthrough with a different character, and stop playing the game.

Yep, finished DLC. Any quest mods to recommend? Love this game.

How does a silly piece of paper force anyone to abide by your rules?

NCR is just modern liberal democracy.

There's no socialism in it.

I joined Caesar this game, just to see it because I've never sided with him, and he's an idiot.

The East coast Enclave is entirely separate from the West coast Enclave. They have a completely different leader, they have a completely different MO, and the Lone Wanderer has the option to side with them. Comparing the East and West coast Enclave is like comparing the East and West coast BoS

Fuck the NCR and fuck the legion. I want to kill them both. Must I choose a side? Also Veronica is annoying as shit, but I'll bet she'd be a decent lay if you broke her in a bit.

And your four choices only system is somehow better?
The original form of fascism was right-wing, whether you like it or not. At the time, it was also the original definition, so it is also correct usage of the term. You are exactly like the people who say National Socialism must = Nazism, despite the UK having a National Socialist party with completely different views to Nazism beforehand.

Because there is still a night-watchmen government in place. They will send them off to jail if they commit fraud in that manner. Or alternatively if you put specific clauses in their, you would have the right to kill them and the government wouldn't be able to do anything so long as you do it on your own property.

What do you mean by that, exactly?

*there

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45138/?
Followed this for awhile before it got released. Never got around to actually playing it.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49012/?
This is OK.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39531/?
I absolutely love this mod, mainly because I wanted desperately to side with the Enclave whole hog in Fallout 3 and found the Enclave remnants a pittance in NV.

What the fuck are you on about? You're the one who thinks the libertarian/authoritarian left/right system is legitimate. I think it's total bullshit. There's many different types of government and they certainly don't fall into some stupid compass. The only somewhat legitimate thing about the political compass is the left/right dichotomy as a measure of culture.

I never said it was legitimate. I said it was better than what the other user was proposing, which is exactly the political compass except with incorrect labels for the four quadrants.
How is the left/right dichotomy remotely legitimate in terms of measuring culture?

The stupidity of Legionfags never ceases to amaze me.

Bullshit. That was just a limp-dick excuse to cover Bethesda's ass. Bethesda retcons shit all the time. see image 2

Bethesda and a lot of shit writers have a trick where they just say that the bad guys aren't completely evil without actually showing or explaining why.

What reason is there to join the Institute? What the fuck are they even planning? The real answer is the MC's son said that they aren't bad so trust him.

That is what fucking happens when you kill almost everyone in that group.

I never got this Nuka-Cola wikia pic

That faggot Lanius got lucky and stumbled on the Twin Mothers.

I don't know why Josh Sawyer was so insistent of retconning perfectly recreated Stimpaks. His retcon brings up even more questions.

Nuka-Cola only started to be radioactive in FO3 and not just the other flavors. Bethesda likes appearance that is why they love SPECIAL so fucking much yet doesn't get the whole fucking point of it.

Chris please go.

They're not really buzzwords when they're directly stating a specific type of governance style. If I am wrong, explain so.
Also
Conserving what? They destroyed the cultures and beliefs of various tribal groups and supplanted them with a new ideology.
Where is the wealth redistribution and worker defined production? Because those sort of major tenants communism.
Where is the social programs? From what I recall, the Followers of the Apocalypse, a private organization, is largely responsible for all the humanitarian aid that occurs in it.
While it can be that, the point of the independent ending is so the player decides what happens and what ever they want New Vegas to be is up to their imagination.

Beth writing is ass, yes, but why is the enclave irredeemable and evil? Because they want to get rid of anyone irradiated?

Don't know about the institute, but like the enclave for example, they're very advanced and have prospered greatly since the apocalypse and are therefore one of the few factions closest to recreating a technologically advanced society. Most other factions do barely anything but dewll in the dirt and salvage what's left of the old world, instead of truly creating new things. Or maybe I'm too focused on FO3/4 with that assessment

A lot of traders work with the Legion because they're ensured safety. They've unified Arizona and made it a safe place to live. As per Conservative economic policy, Legion currency is the strongest in the Mojave.
House himself isn't a communist, but he's a chinese-style authoritarian and a hardcore statist which is why I refer to him as such.
The NCR are the only functional post-war democratic government, improve the standards of living though building infrastructure and introducing social welfare programs using tax payer money. Their foreign policy is a good example of socialism in that they believe in 'spreading democracy' to foreign lands. Political corruption is high, as organizations with political connections such as the Van Graffs are running smaller competitors out of business. Their currency is the weakest in the Mojave.

I love ice cream!

see image 2 of
That guy is a faggot. In FO2, they killed and experimented on pure humans too like the residents of Vault 13. They consider everyone but those vault dwellers to be mutants and they still fucking murder the vault dwellers. They are certainly still better than the Unity and the Master is willing to give up if proven wrong. The value of their ideology is based on their strength and they lost. The same goes for the Legion, the raiders in Fist of the North Star, and Armstrong from MGR.
Yes, everything that Bethesda wrote is non-canon.

Oh right, I remember now. To be fair, pretty much any group in that universe is ready to fuck any out-groups over at a moments notice if it benefits them. Well I still respect them for thinking big and having a plan, even though they got fucked by the single Chosen [handrubbing intensifies] One

Haha. Their deaths are so funny.

The opening scene had them pointlessly gun down a bunch of friendly people coming out of a vault.

The Enclave remnants in New Vegas were good people despite being part of the Enclave not because of it.

Anything to keep humanity from going back to what we have now, would be the ideal for me.

How people underestimate the Legion looks similar to the Liberal media's coverage of ISIS.

For the fuckers talking about goverments and history.

>>>/his/
>>>/politics/

just shilling these boards.

Fuck off, Lime. This is video game-related.

Project Brazil is getting a second part from what I understand, they have a sort of progress bar on their ModDB if you wanna check it out.

I finished my first run.

Wild Card + Boomers vs. everyone. Shit was fun. Speech and Guns.

What should I do now? Mr. House Energy Weapons/Science?

also

here's your (You)

It's like you don't want to live the dream

It's basic ethnic cleansing operations user, have you not been studying? There's going to be a midterm on this topic.

By calling everyone with issues a "subhuman" and extreminating them

Fuck off family, Wild Card is the best.

I wonder what all these deathclaws want.

I see OP is a faggot as usual.

i was joking about the fact that people are still arguing about which faction is better…which says a lot for the lasting qualities of the game. What other game holds such discussions? Maybe Skyrim, with the whole, imperials, or Nords argument.

I would be nice to be able to repair robot companions in hardcore mode. I wonder if the RobCo mods allow that.

If you want your degeneracy, >>>/4chan/ is that way.

Fucking kek, new mods on 4chan basically turned it to reddit. Holla Forums on the other hand allows shit like /zoo/.

I always viewed the gay and lesbian perks as your character being able to sweet talk/kill anybody and everybody, considering you can get both.

lmao

Probably balance. I think the 'homemade' refers more to being made over a campfire instead of an actual lab, and not the ingredients.

So you're telling me that 4chan is a more traditionalist and conservative website, like Reddit, which is apparently the same?

You're full of shit.

4chan doesn't allow videos of girls getting fucked in the asses by horses.

I've heard /trash/ is quite the degenerate hangout.

It certainly has the capability for purity. Mind you, not everyone on Holla Forums is a filthy degenerate, like yourselves. Like how homos pretend they're "here, and queer", shitposters are but a very loud minority, in comparison to the quiet majority.

Neutral Independent is probably canon because it leaves the game as a blank slate without killing the NCR. Really through they will probably just move it so far forward in the future the events of the Courier will be history

Don't mind me

0-2: NCR
3-5: Legion
6-5: House
6-7: Yesman
8-9: Reroll

None of the endings are canon, because the series is basically over. They say it right to you, at the end of Lonesome Road.

Let go. Begin again.

0: Pistols
1: Lasers
2: Plasma
3: Unarmed
4: Melee
5: SMGs
6: Flammenwerfer
7: Launchers
8-9: Reroll

What? Why did you quote me?

I'm thinking of doing a special forces build. I would use only a combat knife and guns with silencers.

Wheres the blood from the teeth jamming into her foot and back?

>Bethesda put an alien civilization underneath Vegas
>The canon ending is irrelevant because Vegas is destroyed by Aliens.

It's relevant, to the conversation, you mong.

/trash/ isn't even listed.

Oh fuck off.

rollan

Oh, right. It's just that it didn't make any sense, because I never did admit to being a degenerate.

RIP me

Who the fuck comes to an anonymous imageboard to talk about purity?

ITT : Edgy teens who think they know lots about politics

He really must be some kind of fucking psycho.

What, and give up what's been built here? No thanks.

Mister Wilson, please go check on your son. I think he may be writing those "stories", again.

Rollin

Her incredible smooth and beautiful skin is tough.

rolling

At least contribute to the discussion, you fuck.

a fuck it, i will just make a no stealth, no stealing, no hacking/lockpicks, House route, using small arms only.

no

Disgusting

You fucking casual.

The whole point is that all choices are shit. House is a crazy scientist, NCR a corrupt democracy, Legion are barbarians and independence is total anarchy.

Not if you activate ze robots, ya dumb bitch.

The choices are not that bad honestly. The worst one is probably Legion because they never finished all their Legion content and it requires a lot of speculation to turn out well. Siding with the NCR isn't all that bad even if they are likely doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past, at least the short term benefits as they come into power won't be that bad. Going it alone and making Vegas independant is probably a pretty comfy ending for those without vision, it's main downside is the extreme wasted potential and chance for things to go wrong.

House is the best option that is most likely to lead to a good outcome.

You're very easy to swindle, if you buy into idealism, like that.

The only good thing he wants to do is eradicate the BoS, which you can do yourself. Everything House states is simply for sale. Once you get down to it, he's just peddling for his own little bubble in the wastes, rather than actually expanding his rule. All he wants to do is stagnate the city-state, rather than build an empire.

How?

If you don't put them down, they go rabid.

It also teaches that cunt a lesson about family.

Choices are horrible. You've got your le edgy faction for the 12 year olds to brag about picking like ITT and you have the obvious "moral" choice of rugged salt-of-the-earth type losers who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

Same shit as in Skyrimming.

BoS is usually one of the best factions, though

You better be a fucking Bethdrone, saying that.

Nah, they were the best after enclave in the first two games.

So… can we talk about Fallout 4's Vault Tec DLC?

There are only 4 experiments? that's all? If that's the case I've found even more disappointing stuff to get angry about. For fuck's sake, are they going to do anything but rip off mods? I already know the answer, but still…

No we can't dubs man

Oh you son of a bitch.

Siding with House makes me feel like a secret agent.

Mr. House reminds me of Walt Disney

How good is building settlements in Fallout 4? Can I build a giant city full of Securitrons?

I heard it gets unstable fast if you build too much and that too much is reached rather quickly

Fuck, I guess trips speak truth.

I wanted to download it to build something just because I've been longing for a building game.

I guess I'll have to reinstall Minecraft. The last time I played that shit was in 2011.

It makes me feel like Walton Simons

Defenses are useless because of how attacks spawn. I built a carefully-planned wall around each of my settlements, with strategically placed turrets, gates, and labyrinthine kill corridors to ensure no raid ever reached the settlement proper.
The attackers spawned on my doorstep, well inside the wall.

Yes, I post this every time FO4 settlements get discussed, because it annoyed me that much.

Siding with the NCR makes me feel like a cuck.

Democracy sucks because you remove the element of the Sword of Damocles from the equation.

The leaders are corrupt and inept? No one cares because they're kicked out in X years so we can have a NEW and FRESH leadership that totally won't do that shit all over again. Meanwhile the corporations, the lobbyists and the real powers remain unchanging and untouched.

At least in a dictatorship or monarchy, the responsibility is solely on the head of state's shoulders and if he fucks up, it's off with his head.

Frankly, at least half of today's world leaders should be publicly hanged.

Wasnt there a site with a good amount of recommended mods? and is there any fun build to try?

wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas this?

these are mostly just stability, graphics and other enhancement mods that make the base game better but dont add much new

Clearly we were meant to suffer. We're too undeveloped to take care of ourselves, but there's no one else to depend on.
Man will only be free when our lands are controlled by silicons.

The inherent problem lies within Man itself, regardless of the system of the week pol parades around.

They become nothing more than raiders, if you let them live with anything, but the NCR.

It's time they go to bed, user. It's for the best.

Legion is literally Holla Forums it's about as far right as it gets.

Roll

the fucking boot

okay

Do you even ride the tiger?

Nah that isnt true at all. Holla Forums is more for separation of culture and race whereas Legion is more geared to forced on cultural homogeneity through forced integration.

what

Homosexuality is punishable by death in the legion

But the reality of it is that no one really gives a shit so long as you are fucking your slave wife so she can pump out legionaires, so the Legion is full of faggots while still being extremely anti-homosexuality

So basically like Holla Forums

Reminder that BoS is the most powerful and badass of all the factions and the mere fact that they have power armour and pre-war bunkers make them better than all of you.

Enclave is okay but they're pussies who don't dick people deep

I bet you draw up your own roleplay of how you'd manage your imaginary empire too faggot

Sorry, I can't hear you over the rattling of your chains.

I build towers in the middle of my settlements and frost them with turrets like a goddamn wedding cake for this reason. Death points in every direction. I also put companions in the important settlements as they can't die; this kinda feels like cheating but I don't care. The whole "X settlement is being attacked, you must go help because only YOU can do fucking anything around here" as well as the Minuteman missions remind me way too much of the endgame of Spore. Fuck that shit. Let me explore the wastes in peace.

All my guns are fucking awesome, though. I've got a 10mm pistol that has exploding bullets and shoots as fast as I can click. Thing can put out more dps than a missile launcher, and that's if I don't even use VATS. Gives my character a foot-long boner, and my character is a girl.

i hate that the game just ends really grinds my gears that there isnt an endgame after the assault. another thing the assault at the end is easy as fuck because if you do it with all of the support (enclave/boomers/ncr) the mission is over in 2 minutes,

You're talking but all I hear is your reactor melting down.

Reel

The unenlightened masses
They cannot make the judgment call
Give up free will forever their voices won’t be heard at all
Display obedience
While never stepping out of line
And blindly swear allegiance
Let your country control your mind

Whoops

Bethescucks love how Bethesda's titles forgo closure and consequence starting with Skyrim.

House would always kill off the Kings in his route.

I would give a shit about the Yes Man ending if it wasn't just the "in case you pissed off everyone" ending.

So are you a little girl who wants to 'be super-duper powerful' or do you just not want to make a decision about the story

who said there wouldn't be consequence if i sided with caesar and how exactly is it a consequence to have the game end with a stupid lil story time about what happened afterward its a shit ending

It would require a MASSIVE amount of work to do with all the possible variables and changes, moving/removing NPCs, all the dialogue that would need to be recorded, broken or changed quests, scripts. They didn't even have enough time to finish all the content before the battle, how the fuck could they have done that.

WHAT'S THE USE IN BUYIN' A CAR
IF YOU WON'T HEAR THIS IN MY VOICE

Does anyone know whether damage perks affect critical damage or not? Looking it up online gives conflicting results, but the wiki says that they do. I'm mainly asking because of CCO's trait Precision (+10% crit rate, -30% damage, so Finesse from classic Fallouts). Basically, is the damage formula for crits
1.) Perk effects * (damage + crit damage)
or
2.) (Perk effects * damage) + crit damage?

House is best. Now that's settled and we can move onto the most important question; Holorifle or Elijah's LAER?

idk finished the game

in all honesty i just hoped for something better than the end because now whenever i play i have to think about that everything i do in the game all the choices i make in the story lead up to something i cant complete or i will just get a "the end" so i just cant complete the last mission

Trick is to play cards right and take over Vegas.

Neither. YCS/186.

You mean do literally anything becuase Indepedant Vegas is the retard safety net and is impossible to fuck up?

YCS is overrated.

No! BoS are the best!

That is basically how those "play after the end" Bethesda titles work. The ending also serves a deadline. Without an ending, a village would remain in perpetual state starvation until you do something. Inaction is not a choice.

You just want a lot of quests that have nothing to anything. In Skyrim, you can kill the emperor and it does nothing but finishes the Dark Brotherhood quest.

No thanks, I'd visit Holla Forums if I wanted to be called a cuck

Some guy tried to fix that by moving all the spawn points to outside the build zone, but Bethesda such a shit that if you fast travel it ignores the spawn points and dumps the attackers in the middle of your settlement anyway.

Is this a joke?

This thread should be nuked from orbit to kill all the redditor in it.

Holorifle is more durable and more ammo efficient, because of course it is, but Elijah's LAER does something like 2.5 times the DPS, has a higher crit multiplier and benefits from Laser Commander. Use the Holorifle for everyday killing, and keep the LAER in your back pocket for killing the big 'uns. They use the same ammunition and only weigh 12 units combined, there's really no reason not to bring both.

Veronica; she's so goddamn annoying, the hatefucks must be amazing.

When's the best time to do the DLCs? When you reach New Vegas? When you lock yourself into a faction's quest line?

On a related note why is NV so filled with redheads? I'm not complaining but it's surely more than average.

Aren't there more redheads in the southern states due to Irish/Scottish/German ancestry?

How do I cure my addiction to getting more mods to the point where I break my game? How can I learn to be humble and enjoy the game as it is, using mods only when I've actually beaten the game?

No idea but that sounds pretty reasonable. Redheads are the shit so that's just another reason the South is top-tier.

Being Holla Forums must truly be suffering

Regarding the best waifu, the answer is none because according to obsidian, everyone is homosexual. No wonder there isn't any children around ;^)

The legion is literally the end-game for the kikes, you fucking faggot.

HOLY SHIT THAT FUCKING SKULL

If you think Cass cuckolds anyone you clearly don't know the definition of the word cuckold.

It might shock you but not everyone who dislikes the shit-tier hugbox that is Holla Forums is a delusional communist.

Two characters faggot. Granted Veroncia is a little cunt but Arcade is a bro.

So you haven't even played the game…

I believe there should be a suicide ending option for your character when they've had enough of the putrid wasteland everyone is suffering in. Enough of this faction nonsense.

*companions

Also Arcade is an unfunny snarky fag. He wouldn't look out of place on big bazinga theory

A waifu implies you tried to/wanted to pursue a romantic interest with her. No matter how much of a limpdicked bitchboi you are for her, she'll always fuck some random NCR trooper over you, the man who fucking single handedly turned the tides of war and decided the fates of the most powerful factions in the wasteland.

If you waifu Cass, you're a fucking cuck.

Observe the leftie as he performs the classic projection.

It was Holla Forums that split from Holla Forums to their safe space, because they couldn't take being BTFO every single time they posted, newfag.

Veronica, Arcade, the guy you find prostitutes and the sexbot for, the mute girl from dead money..

Face it, every single character in the game is either an old fart or an oh so progressive young homo. And as far as i can remember, there's whopping 5 children total in the entire game; 2 in legion's camp, 2 in NV, and one in the boomer's air base.

True. There are also a few characters and hookers, if memory serves, so my mistake. Still it's hardly like the wasteland is awash with gays as that user was trying to claim. But again he clearly hasn't even played it.

I found him fairly enjoyable but personal taste and all that.

You are giving that shitty show far too much credit. I doubt its writers could understand the concept of a character trait that isn't shoved down your throat on their first appearance or indeed a character with more than one dimension.

I might be misremembering but I'm pretty sure that's what happens. It's either the first time you meet him or after you've done some small quest and gotten him ready to join you that he says something like "oh i'm 30 already and no nice guy has [something]'d me off my feet" sorry, I can't remember exactly what he says, it's late and I'm tired

There's an entire classroom of children in the Boomer base, not just one.

Besides, lack of children may well be a game design choice. Obsidian tried to avoid essential characters (are there any essential adults besides Yes Man?), and if Bethesda didn't let you kill them in 3 I doubt they would allowed Obsidian to do it. I'd rather have too few kids and explain it away as an abstraction for gameplay's sake, than have too many kids and have to go through Little Lamplight 2.

At no point is she in a relationship with you user. It is therefore not cuckolding. And it's pretty clear she's just drunkenly fucking whatever is in front of her.

Holla Forums is a hugbox by the very definition of the term. So is Holla Forums. Legacy boards should never have been given out on a first come, first served basis but what's done is done. And again disagreeing with Holla Forums's hivemind does not automatically make someone a leftist.

I am well aware of the reasons for the split but the problems of Holla Forums do not excuse those of Holla Forums.

Someone must have changed the definition of the word 'everyone' at the same time they changed cuckold.

There's many more than just one in the air base and the prophecy-kid in the trading area at the very least. Also significantly more than 2 in NV though I couldn't tell you the exact number off the top of my head. We shall also have to redefine the word 'any'.

Additionally that seems to just be the list from the first link on google for 'New Vegas children'.

It's a little more subtle than that but you're more or less accurate. Still far, far less blunt that the average BBT episode and indeed Veronica.

Hey, so, I went to this place called The Thorn, which seems to be some type of thunderdome bullshit or something, and I met the woman who runs the place haha what a fucking joke get back in the kitchen and make me some squirrel stew bitch She asked me to go and find some giant mantis eggs. I end up going to an abandoned vault with mutant zombie plant corpses in order to get these eggs, and I come across some terminals talking about data on the master server or something like that. I grab this data and get back to the red head bitch to give her the eggs.

Some time later, I went to Hidden Valley and talked to the BoS fuckers, and there's some subplot about how Veronica wants to convince the BoS leader to leave their precious underground bunker in pursuit of friendliness and shit, and some paladin faggot wants to usurp the throne and take power for himself because he's unsatisfied with how shit is being handled. Yeah, yeah. Long story short, I ended up in the outskirts of New Vegas, inside the NCR military camp, because Veronica's quest asks that we find piece of technology that are being used to help people and present it to the Elder in order to make the argument that all technology should be utilized for the benefit of everyone, and I meet this doctor fuck who wants me to go into vault 22 and get the data. I gave him the fucking data, and the quest he had for me completed, but Veronica's quest still tells me to go into the vault and get the data, even though I already acquired it 10 hours ago and have given it to the doctor. Am I fucked? Was I meant to grab that data and give it to the BoS, or can I just go back to Hidden Valley and make the quest progress normally?

She specifically intended to fuck the courier but came across a random soldier and fucked him instead. That's close enough to cucking.
Besides, knowing she would fuck a random stranger and still deciding to waifu her is a definite cuck mentality.

I'm not sure but check the fallout wiki. Worst case you can use console commands and the details on the quest's page to manually advance it.

Couldn't you do one of the other two quests she offers you like the pulse gun or the solar array thing? I think you can change the quest on the fly

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/I_Could_Make_You_Care#Fixes

Do as that user suggests or look here.

Yeah I already checked the wiki, and there's no mention of this specific problem. I guess I will just go back to BoS Elder and see if the quest updates. If not, I'll go after the pulse gun since I already castrated HELIOS ONE from it's super weapon or whatever

The only good choices are you or house.
Having you in charge means you can individually pic what cancer leaves and what good stays.
House (unlike legion) is ruled by an immortal man who would be able to run the wasteland forever in the most logical way possible.
The legion is definitely going to fail like all systems which put 100% of it's power in one guy because all you have to do is wait for him to die for things to go to shit.

Isn't this it?

Well, I guess I need to learn to read better. I will give this a try, but the pulse gun is still an option if all else fails

I see you found it. Good luck user and god bless the autists on the Fallout wiki.

Just go independent. Nuke both sides, rule the wastes alone.

The legion might fall, but the legion's ultimate goal is to wipe out the tribals and allow old-world esque civilization like the NCR to fill the void. That is, Caesar's legion was removing tribes getting in the way of a unified social structure coming to the wasteland. Even if all the tribes under the Legion become fragmented with his death, they'll still(probably) hold a single common culture between them, instead of the many tribal cultures that existed before.

House isn't immortal. He's dying and wants you to be his right hand man and groom you to be a successor. It's pretty much the only reason he didn't kill you the moment you upgraded the securitron army, and eradicate the possibility of you going the wild card route.

That didn't really work in Europe with the real Romans though. I suppose it did, at least, help with religious issues.

While I do agree that democracy is not the best system, I do not think the best course of action is to go full retard fascist policestate authoritarian shithole what arrests you for doing anything the top guys say is wrong.
That just grows a heap of issues. After all, how long until they come for you?

John Henry Eden 2016

Nuka Break might have been low budget and corny as fuck, but at least it didn't take itself so goddamned seriously and had a sense of humor about it. Also, the Goris cameo was nice to see.

Wait, what the fuck? Is someone actually taking Bethesda's lore seriously?

DROPPED

On the subject of Fanfilms, Lanius is great.

Leaving both boards as shitty hugboxes, since Holla Forums is commies only and Holla Forums is edgy stormfags only.

Nevada and California are only 'Southern States' maybe by literal definition, but I've never met someone that unironically called anything past Texas a southern state. They're considered Western states almost everywhere in the US, they don't have the same demographics as Southern States. Which does make the amount of redheads odd, especially considering that redheads typically have very fair skin that burns extremely easily in direct sun.

Here have a map, southern states having a lot of redheads wouldn't apply to Vegas, it's a stereotype that was built in the southern states on this map.

I'm having some trouble with my karma. Neither ghouls nor fiends are increasing my karma when killed. I emptied out Vault 3 and the entire surrounding area with no karma change.
The console says I can't edit karma with modav or setav, so am I fucked for talking to Cass?

Are you playing with jsawyer or Vicious Wastes? Both nerf karma gains from evil characters (I think you get zero karma from ghouls) and the latter also increases penalties for stealing. For the console command try player.rewardkarma

Neither of those, but I did suspect it was a mod trying to rebalance it.
I do have to amend my statement; I double checked and my karma actually did go up from Vault 3, by a whopping 30 points. So I've killed the four Fiend leaders and the majority of their forces, crippling them completely for the foreseeable future and thus saving the wastes from their menace, but the karma boost is entirely negated since I stole a handful of caps from a Powder Ganger (since apparently, despite them being classed evil and me being vilified with them, I still lose karma stealing from them).

well i would like to say that ND/SD/NE/KS probably culturally fall under the "west" as all those states touching the great lakes all experienced the rise and fall of industry on the rustbelt and to this day are all defined by it while states that have remained aggregate or rather nonindustrial as far as its main "industry" don't have nearly as many libshits while the coasts is full of them too they seem to need to fuck off to their own category and with the mixishits moving into Arizona Nevada new mexico Texas fucking up shit as they go demographically politically economically and culturally deserve to be in their own subgroup

I had that happen too, killing fiends, Powder Gangers and feral ghouls would only sometimes give karma. After a lot of trying to figure out what was causing the issue I gave up and used player.rewardkarma like said.

Why is my pip boy bright purple?

Missing texture maybe?
Have you installed any mods that retexture the pipboy?

I have exactly one mod installed, and it's meant to be a compilation of bugfixes. I don't think it's the mod that is the problem. I think it's something to do with my .ini files. I had to restore them from a backup because my game kept crashing and I had to add the bUseThreaded=1 and iNumHWThreads=2 fix. I also recently cleaned the .esm with the FNVEdit, but I don't think that made a difference, because this problem began happening when I fucked around with the .ini files.

I have no clue what I did but dear god that purple is hard to look at.