Symmetra Rage

Hello, Holla Forums.

In competitive, I'm a rank 58 Symmetra main.

Whenever I choose Symmetra on attack, my judgement is questioned almost every game. More than half of the time, at least one team member will verbally rage at me in voice or spew profane personal insults over chat as a result of my pick. However, in my last competitive match at rank 58 about fifteen minutes ago (we won, btw), my teleporter was used 32 times. In my opinion, that's not bad at all.

While I do not consider my teleporter to have won that game on its own (no one player is ever solely responsible for the performance of their team as a whole), I'm sure that it helped.

Likewise, 25 hp shields don't seem very significant, but when consistently applied, I'm guessing that they make the difference for at least one 1v1 encounter, per match. Funny enough, it's usually my low-hp flankers and attackers who are most critical of my decision.

I agree that Symmetra is a 'win-more' character and is only effective if her team is already strong. That's why I switch off of her if I notice that Symmetra isn't helping. However, she is the character I have the most fun with, which, according to Blizzard's philosophy, should be reason for me enough to be allowed play her, at least initially.

Does anyone else experience this profound discrimination against Symmetra? With sufficient imagination and an adequate strategy, as long as you're constantly adapting to the conditions of the battlefield, I personally believe she is viable on control point maps with a strong team.

What do you think? Am I crazy for playing the game the way that I want to? Should just I bend to the will of my negative teammates and settle for a 'normal' hero? Or should I wait for rank 60 or so when this unusual strat will most likely stop working.

Symmetra, out.

ur gay

I think you should kill yourself.

Damn, I think we're having too many dub threads today

There seems to be a lot hate towards defense characters used on attack, except junkrat and Mei.

Symmetra is an inaccurate portrayal of Indian people and this ridiculous standard of technology and beauty needs to stop.

There is a thread already but basically it boils down to experience, last night we had a defense (I am Rank 31 and decreasing though), the person who more or less coached us said Zenyatta was pretty bad on defense, but we won, I defended at least 3 times with ult, and a shit ton of discord orbs.

Symetra… I don't think it would work that well to be honest. If you can pull it off, hurray to you.

Now Torb on King of the Hill? What a beast man.
You just gotta stop hammering that turret for a while and use his gun (which I'm sure is bound to get nerfed because it's that fucking good).

Personall experience: you'll see a lot of people saying that Zeny is bad because they can't play him or with him.

Some people expect Mercy-Tier healing. Suck it fuckface, the whole team needs that analbead, not just you.
And some people try to play as him, charge like retards and die. Since they can't stay alive long enough to heal people properly (or deal damage) they start believing everyone does too and he's a waste of space.

Just ignore them. Some people just can't properly certain heroes. I know I can't play Widow for instance. I suck at precision aiming.
But that's why Blizzard gave us diferent characters in the same class. If my team needs a sniper, I can take Hanzo and do far better.
OP can use Symetra on attack and win. I can't do that, but won't deny it's possible especially because I can do it with Torb.

But does she POO ON THE LOO??

Get the fuck out of here and take your shit casual game with you, faggot.

I can accept CS:GO because of the damn skill it takes, I can accept TF2 because its got good movement, but damn motherfucker, take this shitty casual trash out of here you fat fucking faggot.

Which would you rather have on your team, someone who negates some of the travel time after 32 deaths or someone who prevents 32 deaths through either healing or better damage? A 32 use offensive teleporter means your team had effectively five full wipes and all you contributed was a slightly shorter recovery from those wipes where another character could have turned one of those wipes into an earlier win.

I'll just take a few minutes to laugh because I'm having a hard time typing anything.

I refuse to believe this is anything but bait. Nobody is this stupid.

When it comes to Mercy, most people I play with expect me to do almost the same as I saw people from TF2 in the past, be stuck to them like 3 meters away, have eyes on my back and expect them to be healed fast while taking damage, I can't even understand what's with healers and non-healers in these games, wouldn't it be natural for people to take cover and patch up?

Wow I feel Im acutally doing something productive by not playing this crap game

Even landing your shots in CSGO takes skill.
Movement and firing is actually complex, but overall the game is bellow Quake and Unreal nevertheless.
Most of the difficulty in CSGO is teamplay, strats and map strategies.

Does CSGO use the same engine as TF2? does that mean they use the same hitbox mechanics in general?

Come on user, don't you want to play competitive mobile FPSs on the go?

Yeah, it was quite shitty at 60 tick back when I played 2 years ago, the hitboxes were fixed since then and ESEA and other private leagues use 120 tickrate.

That's just fucking disturbing considering how bad 60 tick was on CS.

So that means a character from a 45 degree angle is easier to shoot?

There's already an Overwatch thread.