Study: Ritalin use in childhood could induce long-lasting alterations in neurotransmission

The article itself doesn't mention exactly what effects GABA levels would have on behavior, so I looked it up.

TLDR
Ritalin use in developing minds (children) causes permanent life-long damage to their brain chemistry. Don't give your kids drugs anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/6mFA0
antipsychiatry.org/
infowars.com/babies-on-psychiatric-drugs-crime-with-no-punishment/
jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/the-lying-liars-who-lie-about-psychiatry/
jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/more-evidence-psychiatry-is-a-fake-science/
bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_industrypsychiatry26.htm
bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_industrypsychiatry27.htm
metzelf.info/information/myths.html
childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/three-new-studies-show-“psychiatric-drugs-provide-no-benefit-and-are-dangerous”/
anh-usa.org/medicaid-psychiatric-drugs/
blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/2012/03/05/are-psychiatric-medications-making-us-sicker/
psychiatric-help.org/PSYCHIATRIC-HELP/default.asp
psychcrime.org/database/
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-six-fit-young-men-9860903
psypost.org/2017/07/study-ritalin-use-childhood-cause-long-lasting-alterations-neurotransmission-49241
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213158217301365
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/2538518
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

archive.is/6mFA0

Pic related, the entire field of modern psychology is a scam.

These drugs are designed to create complacent goy-cattle who are dependent on the system.

Who would have thought giving amphetamines to children would have an adverse effect?

The Jews. That's why they give them to our kids

Grew up on Ritalin, only way I can related to the GABA shit is panic anxiety, my bowels always start moving when I am doing anything I'm not used to, makes me not eat a lot.

Also "bipolar" but really just get angry at things very fast, and depression whatever that's just it's own thing.

I took Ritalin for a single day after a (((doctor))) diagnosed me with ADHD at the age of 11. My mother took me off it because I started standing on desks and insulting teachers, resulting in me being sent home. I then ran in (literal) circles for almost two hours before crashing.

Am I already fucked?

Is this your first day on an imageboard or are you just autustic? Maybe some Ritalin could help.

I think you're fine as long as it was a single use and you didn't take other drugs. The 11 year old brain still has a lot of neuroplasticity and can recover

firmly convinced the meds like Ritalin and lexapro et al are what causes the "bipolar". I lost a year of my life, no memory, during my formative years to that poison and have severe bouts of bipolar/mania now.

Psychiatry is a pseudoscience

12 Part essay that exposes psychiatry as a bogus science
antipsychiatry.org/

Inventor of ADHD: “ADHD is a fictitious disease”
www.currentconcerns.ch/index.php?id=1608

Co-Founder of DSM admits there is no way to scientifically prove that mentall illness is real
www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-disorders/psychiatrists-on-lack-of-any-medical-or-scientific-tests/

One year old babies and younger being put on psychiatric drugs
infowars.com/babies-on-psychiatric-drugs-crime-with-no-punishment/

Psychiatric Drugs Shorten Life Span by 15 years on average
www.stopshrinks.org/reading_room/antipsych/psych_drugs_shorten_life.html

Psychiatry is based on lies and falsehoods
jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/the-lying-liars-who-lie-about-psychiatry/

Psychiatry is a fake science
jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/more-evidence-psychiatry-is-a-fake-science/

bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_industrypsychiatry26.htm

Every human emotion is now a "mental illness"
bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_industrypsychiatry27.htm

Ten Myths about Psychiatric Drugs
metzelf.info/information/myths.html

Studies show psychiatric drugs have no benefits and are dangerous
childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/three-new-studies-show-“psychiatric-drugs-provide-no-benefit-and-are-dangerous”/

Psychiatry is now giving 3 year old children drugs
anh-usa.org/medicaid-psychiatric-drugs/

Psychiatric drugs make you sicker
blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/2012/03/05/are-psychiatric-medications-making-us-sicker/

A few free eBooks talking about how psychiatry is a massive hoax
psychiatric-help.org/PSYCHIATRIC-HELP/default.asp

A list of THOUSANDS of psychiatrists who have committed crimes against their patients
psychcrime.org/database/

There was a thread with pretty decent discussion about adhd/psychiatry a little while ago. my wife wants me to return to a psychiatrist for depression for sure, and possibly 'adult adhd', which i think in my case has to do with my dopamine receptors basically. here are some posts i copied from the past thread that really jived with me. My stress and anquish feel real, but its hard to want to go to a psychatrist again after having seen several threads like this one.

"Also, regarding the discussion about medicating ADHD, it's only good insofar as it helps the maladaptive mindset adjust to the culture of the day. Long term medication will have an overall negative effect on the body, and the better goal is to figure out a lifestyle that their mindset thrives in instead of trying to round off the edges of a square peg so it fits into a round hole.
Self-medication is always a risk with ADHD people due to their struggle with standard interactions with others, meaning they're at a higher risk of developing weed, coffee, alcohol, cocaine, etc. dependencies in order to make their social lives easier to handle. The only way to mitigate this impulse to manage their stress with other substances is to create environments within which their maladaptive mindset is actually an adaptive mindset. Like how a manlet in a world of adonis-sized people would seek to improve their stature by wearing all sorts of high heeled shoes, thickly soled shoes, lifts, and more vertical hairstyles, they'd feel more comfortable with their stature if they lived in a place like japan where everyone's fucking short. To clearly explain the analogy, expecting those with ADHD to confirm to a culture that's built around the mindset of those without the disorder is to expect those with ADHD to just live with the struggle of trying to be different. If we drop the disorder approach, and seek out ways for them to realize their brain's potential in a constructive and socially healthy way, we can enjoy the fruits of their unique way of seeing things.
This is starting to sound dangerously close to a diversity argument, but the design of this argument could also be used to explain why blacks (who think differently) are under too much stress in a functional white society, and would do better with either an acknowledgement of their different mindset, or in a place that's more suited to a black culture away from white culture. I didn't NEED to bring up the race stuff, but I did because I'm sure there's a ton of Holla Forumsacks who are kvetching about this topic not being Holla Forums enough for them. There, I tied it in to race theory. I did it for you. You're welcome."

fixed. Send nigs to their own country to nog freely, bring back artisan/trade jobs to give ADHD people who are good at hyperfocusing something to do, and give autists their shill-free taiwanese paper fan painting image boards back and everyone would be infinitely happier.

I got diagnosed at the age of 31, 4 Years ago. Looking back, it was tremendously important to get diagnosed. (Diagnose ≠ Meds) I had to visit doctors frequently for several years until I've figured out myself that I might have ADHD. Then I went to a neurologist for confirmation. I've done extensive reading on ADHD and have following recommendation for you or anyone who thinks he might suffer from ADHD.
⑴ Do extensive reading on the subject. There are a lot of books on ADHD. Also read on ADHD forums or reports from ADHD people. You may find out that there are a lot of problems you hadn't considered to be part of ADHD. (And there are a lot). If you still think you have ADHD. Go to a neurologist or someone who is specialized in testing ADHD. A lot of doctors get diagnosis wrong. Your reading experience will help you, when talking to the doctor.
Also, going to the doctor and getting the diagnosis is a step of accepting that you have ADHD. This is very important to move on.
⑵ Ignore these fuckers who confuse their hatred for the system or whatever with caring for yourself. These people should kill themselves. I've seen so many people (not only related to adhd) who did not get treatment because they believed in some assholes opinion. Most times these idiots did not even read for more than 5min about a subject and think they are experts.
– Think for yourself. Inform yourself. You know better who you are than anyone else.
⑶ There are a lot of discussions about meds. And lots of opinions.
If you get a diagnosis, you don't have to take meds. This is your personal choice. And if you get meds, you don't have to always take them. But you have them, if needed. Also consider, that the stress caused by ADHD might cause secondary problems. For example you might get Gastritis, which could become chronic. Meds may prevent this.
What people often don't know. Meds alone won't thread your ADHD at all. You will have to do a lot of additional things. Meditation, changing eating habits, … .
⑷ Hyperfocus is often talked about as advantageous. It is, but only if you can limit it for say 2 hours. (And for that you might need meds). If you can't limit it, then it is like you are permanently on adrenalin. The body suffers.
⑸ The ADHD label is confusing and misleading. This is talked a lot about in literature. I recommend you look into "executive functions" of the brain together with "adhd". You will get a more precise picture of what it is about.

"It seems like there's a lot of testimonials both for and against treating ADHD with drugs. Which is both surprising and not. I had a mixed experience with ritalin, but what made me ultimately reject it was the fact I could never seem to actually 'win' the school game.
Math was one of my strong points in school, but how it was taught just didn't jive with me. It's mostly memorization in the early grades, which struck me even at that age as retarded. Why would I spend hours a day memorizing shit when I could easily work out the answers more accurately with a little long hand?
Well, the ritalin DID help me memorize things much easier. A little too well. I always liked to read and work ahead of other students so I could spend most of the class daydreaming. So as soon as I started powerhousing through math work, I was given more work to do. More homework. More of the SAME shit I'd been doing for a half hour already.
I was having repetitive busy work shoved down my throat even though I had already demonstrated complete mastery of the subject material. It drove me literally mad after about a week. Screaming crying mad. Being forced to repeat the same things over and over again as if they'd have different results was psychological torture to me.
I felt like I was being purposefully targeted to be broken down for being better than everyone else. It caused me a great deal of distress and I perhaps mistakenly blamed the medication for my mental breaking down. So I rejected it, started going through withdrawal and my grades slid right down into the toilet. "

elevated lel

Just like with the holocaust. Gotta gas em all.

So it's autism then huh? That was sarcasm you literal retard.

gassing the jews is always the answer in the end

It's called the Final Solution for a reason.

Rids work better than crystal meth.

t. ex drug addict

The article specifies that Ritalin use in developing minds is the key problem. It said that after 23, when the brain is mostly matured, drug use causes significantly less damage. I'm just an user for what it's worth, but I'd say if you find it actually helps you, use it sparingly if you can, but you should really never give it to children, especially when we don't even fully know or understand all the long term consequences.

I personally believe there are "personality archtypes" and that what we can "ADHD" is just the characteristics of one personality. Also the possibility of some "personality archtypes" being more common in some races then others. So Ritalin use in children tries to suppress those characteristics, but the consequences are that it's literally permanently handicapping your child and limiting their potential, and even worse, doing it under the guide of "helping them". It's abuse disguised as help.

It's basically saying, "I don't like your personality, so I'm going to change it" Drugs are not an acceptable alternative to aware parenting.

I was forced to take it long-term when I was young, and the fucked up thing is I'm pretty sure I don't even have ADHD, (if such a thing even exists) or the personality, I was just a lonely single-child that loved to be around people, and talked and joked a lot, but I had divorced parents that were perpetually busy and couldn't give me the interaction I needed. It's causes so much less suffering overall if we can try to understand ourselves first before we try to change. If we were able to lift the unofficial "academic ban" on studying races for example, I think we really could reduce a lot of suffering through better understanding of ourselves, and our potential and limits.

I just want to be free to pursue the truth, happiness, and my potential, but I've been marked by the Jew in mind and body, and the worst part is they used my parents as the tools. They haven't marked my spirit yet though.

Work better as in stronger?

Good research, OP.
I wish I had more time before work to post some of the stuff I found out about Xanax, but suffice it to say that most of the "anti-depressant" medications, Xanax in particular, literally de-wire the brain and turn people into vegetables with long-term usage.

If only there was some kind of pill that made people not act like greedy Jews or violent niggers.

Cyanide.

There's no way that putting children with developing brains on hardcore mind altering drugs like antidepressants and ADHD meds, among others doesn't have serious lifelong effects on their minds. This should be readily apparent to anyone who thinks about it for even a second, but most dumb fucks today just do what the kike psychologists tell them to. They're the experts, right? It couldn't be that society itself is sick and the kids that have trouble adapting to it are the healthy ones.

Zyklon B

"bipolar" and "depression" are made up, chemical imbalances are not

Shame I didn't realize til I was 19 that filling myself with stimulants every day was having a negative effect on me.

How are insane people not real exactly? Also depression is partly debatable but you sound retarded as fuck, of course people can attain crippling sadness to the point of complete mental shift.

The whole "oo whoo ima kill myself" I can however lean on your side with that being more of a choice than a result of being sad but in the end it just loops back to people having fucked up brains.

tl;dr this entire conversation is autism

You guys mean psychiatrists, not psychologists. Psychology gave us the IQ test, and a lot of other shit that proves the races are different. But it's hidden in old science journals from the sixties. Perhaps something you didn't know, there were a lot of studies done on child raising between races. But you won't find it online because it's in some old dusty book before the internet existed.

Nice bait. Ya got me.

I'm not a scientist/pharmacist/pediatrician, but even I could have told you that. not talking to you personally, OP Who's surprised that introducing chemical altering drugs to a young, developing human affects them and makes them develop differently?

my brother took it for a few months when he was a kid
he turned into a depressed skeletal zombie
it also made him hallucinate

"Summer" and "Winter" are made up. Elevated and decreased average temperatures are not

Kids with ads should either visit a boxing or fitness club, get some canvas and colours to paint shit, play some computer games (to relax) or join a debate club.

Most of the people are complacent goy-cattle that lab up that shit that has bein digested by others because they only reiterate working strategies which works well in a certain framework, which is the default modus operandi of the goyim.

The Jews will pay for this. When we come to power we will treat them like lab rats.

Faggot

am i a lost cause degenerate if i like to buy some of my friends adderall for days off to play street fighter 2 for hours on end?

I wouldnt give a shit about the jews since they are semi smart housewife monkies. They dont know the good shit.

Some coffee and some will. When i was 15 i was awake for 72hours with 6 bottles of water and some brezels.

The worst consequences are on developing minds. It might be possible to use it after brain maturation, usually 23-25, but even then it should be sparingly, and we should do more study into it.

I always hate psychology threads because the majority of Holla Forums will claim that psychology is a Jewish invention while also ignoring things that are a blatant mental illness.

For example, and this is really recent, I've been feeling a random form of anxiety and have had a terrible problem with focusing (And forming out sentences to properly describe how I feel). I'll also feel very depersonalized for a bit. This happens randomly. My doctor says its anxiety, which I agree to be honest since anxiety can manifest these types of things. Especially problems with focusing. Other times I feel fine.

What I'm getting at is that there is obviously something WRONG with my mind. No don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything for this and I tend to just fight it off, despite how intense it is. But it is debilitating.

There are a lot of mental disorders that actually have to do with the brain malfunctioning. Things like
Are serious issues and psychology has helped a lot of people live a meaningful life when they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Its very important and I think any society should consider the mental health of its citizens important. I don't think NS Germany would simply say "You people are pussies" to whoever has actual mental problems. We need to be able to cure these disorders and help people get back on track towards becoming the best they can be.

Yes its a powerful substance, I'd never let my kids get prescribed that shit. It's my only illicit substance vice, as I'm not a DUDE WEED fag or even a heavy drinker, but God help me if I like to take some adderall once in a while on a comfy day off to play some vidya like Planetside 2 while rockin' to some sweet Retrowave.

Most claim that psychiatry is Jewish and it is. Psychology and neurology are however, as important as you say. All the disorders you listed are real,though epilepsy I wouldn't consider a mental disorder because it's really just your brain short-circuiting and my brothers mental state isn't directly affected by it. Don't paint Holla Forums with the same broad strokes of the retards you're detracting faggot.

The true way to determine if someone has something is by scanning the brain.

Neurology does not lie.

There are more and more people running around with this kind of crap and i can see these motherfuckers, how they walk and talk. I just have to look at them for a second and i know how fucked up their mind is. Most of that stems from the current environment and some innate mental disorders to become more prevalent.
Import more refugees and tighten other social screws equals more mental fuck ups to the point it reaches regular people.
That is why you have that increase in ads and other mental illnesses, the monkey brain recognizes its environment and the more you skew it to a certain point the more and more snapped people you will see.
Has nothing to do with being a pussy, but the more you insert your "public opinion" shit into regular people the more they feel like they are imprisoned which will lead to an increase in creativity and shizophrenia. That is why all that "Netcitizen" shit is a whole bunch of shit, along with the precaution and incitment of said precaution. Just like people will wreck their head about savety driving while at the same time they allow foreign hostile vectors like refugees to be rampant in their host countries.
It feels like playing russian roulette while worrying about germs on the handle.

Could also be a problem with your environment and your lifestyle, not your brain.

I was a very bright kid and excelled at school at a young age. They put me on Ritalin when I was around 10 and I took it every day for years. The guy who prescribed it to me was a literal kike. I eventually refused to take it when I was 14 but then my grades failed and I dropped out two years later. I struggled with amphetamine addiction for a couple years after that after somebody gave me one and I used it recreationally off and one for a couple of years. I figured this had some kind of negitive impact on me and I have long since given up all drugs after finding Holla Forums

The question is, how fucked am I and how do I make the best with what I've got left of a brain? I am an example of exactly what this study is referring to and I've found that excercise, vitamin D3 and apple cider vinegar helps a lot with focusing issues and other harm most likely due to ling term amphetimine use. Just wanted to put that out there for any other people in the dame boat as me. Polite sage for blog post.

Fuck your pseudo-science bullshit. There is nothing remotely scientific about diagnosing a so-called "mental illness". Freud wasn't the only jewish psychologist either, most of them are, statistically on average, jewish. A symptom of a "mental illness" is so fucking vague and open-ended that anybody can be mentally ill if seen from the right direction. People like you, with your fake concern, are the real problem.

You think? I've been considering that too, since I recently (As in about 4 or so months ago) returned to a sedentary lifestyle after being active for about 2 months. So I'm normally sedentary. I live a high stress lifestyle (I'm going to school for electrical engineering) so I figured I might have developed anxiety from my last quarter (Which was the hardest I've ever had). I've also gotten blood pressure problems from that same quarter.
I probably should work out more, it might help and if it does, I'll have incentive to stay working out.

I don't necessarily think you can develop schizophrenia unless you were already at risk for it. But it ties in again with an NS government promoting a healthy lifestyle and proper mental health. If people really are feeling scared and paranoid about refugees, it would be important to think about handling this healthy fear in a proper way. Things like meditation, working out and such are all great ways to relieve stress without putting it all on yourself. Things honestly I should have been listening to over my last few months.

Read Carl Jung, he was not Jewish and had a bigger influence on psychology than Freud. And yes there most certainly is. Take your pills schizo.

Phyiscal excercise to let out steam, fuck some cunts and imagine everytime you let loose some frail disgusting jew with their entourage wins.

A friend of mine consults murders, child rapists and other inmates for debt, he says 20% of them are shizophrenics, which i assumed before he told me. And i would stomp your ngo refugee dick sucking disgrace in a heartbeat. The thing about refugees and the current system is that they arent far removed but very visibile. So it is not just something that is abstract but very real.

There is always a point of personal perception and perception that others will experience aswell, and the difference is a certain balance, which will of course be outlined in an abstract kind of way before things set into motion.

the one that's really jewish is psychoanalysis

Sorry (((mate))), that's just a delousing agent. It doesn't really work on (((lice))).

Then how about you cut the crap of "actions of consequences" like they are the incarnation of immanuel cunt du dummer scheisshaufen.
You know what i sense is that the FBI and the likes would like to have their autists dig for them while at the same time they invoke the primate of cunt you fucking nigger.

I hear that TGN1412 needs some further testing.

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-six-fit-young-men-9860903

Carl Jung fell for the bullshit that Freud peddled.
Thanks for making my point kike. "Mental illness" is codeword for people unable to fit into your jewish bullshit, which obfuscates the ability to detect people with actual problems not "schizophrenia" or "bipolar disorder".

And what fits right in the spectrum of the CIA is anita sarkeesian since she is a mallable amernian jew, exactly what they have been looking for to stimulate a certain hype and wave of emotions.
That is why she ended up in the UN while at the same time her viewership faded, just like you cannot tune the light.

And as i said before they attract the most hateable personalities to their bidding, just like the disgrace the spainyards are that march in barcelona holding up signs "just take them in already" bordello queen that trains a new whore, this is how i view you.
A bunch of organic mallable waste of time and dna. Just take the cock.

Carl Jung studied under Freud and called out his bullshit in "Man and his Symbols"

Take your pills schizo

I wonder what is going on in their minds to be such a disgrace, a disgrace for all eternity a stain on their minds, like a meatpuppet with all their invisible strings that makes them hold up signs to satisfy their new gods, to make them a new kind of "people", sexless, ambitionless just like a rational moralistic economic mechanic slave. Just take it in already.

With more bullshit? Freud just ripped off German philosophy's fixation on the unconscious and Jung followed his lead, they're both shit. You're either a sap or a jew, take your pick.

Who would have thought that taking drugs on a regular basis would have adverse effects?

You should only take medicine when you're sick (but not (((sick))) ) and maybe the occassional painkiller when you get a splitting headache or something.

Yes. You're screwed even if you've been in the same building as a person on Ritalin, who is breathing their Ritalin infused breath into the ventilation system. May as well kill yourself now.

Yeah, something is clearly diferent, but noone knows what exactly. The brain is a mistery.

Are you jewish, 776af8?

If we find out that your feminist puppets were part of your play we will kill you.

Where is a link to the study?

FMRI scanners are the 21st century equivalent to phrenology. Neurology is what (((psychology))) alleged to do.

psypost.org/2017/07/study-ritalin-use-childhood-cause-long-lasting-alterations-neurotransmission-49241
A basic google search would have sufficed, c'mon user.

We still have a lot to learn, but it's not as mysterious as you may think. We know a decent amount about the frontal lobes, as one example.

First post

This is the actual study paper, OP is a giant faggot for not posting it.

Also academic side of it, if anyone's into more then just an article.

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/2538518

Thats not a link to the study

This is

The article itself links to the studies.

Thanks, an article tells me nothing. The actual paper should always be whats posted since most news on Holla Forums has been lies lately

Well Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Acetylcholine, GABA, and Serotonin are things. Deficiencies are caused by disease, parasites, etc and basically amount to mental disorders.

Yes it does but someone new to the thread wouldn't know that and shouldn't have to search to verify OP's post. OP should've posted the direct link, don't defend faggotry

"Mental disorder" is a reference to something that is completely unscientific, symptoms that are needed to diagnose a "mental disorder" are laughably vague.

Ideally both should be linked, some people process articles better then raw data, and raw data/academic studies are better at convincing serious researchers.

I was put on ritalin at the age of 9 and stayed on it until 13. My psychologists name was Dr.Bernie, he was jewish and had a giant painting of the tower of babel on his wall.

Kill yourself faggot

It's a bot, look at the other posts.

You are probably an eunuch.

You look like you have a little playbook with you that smarter persons made so you can use that.

Netjester

Brain chemicals exist you dipshit, the kike pharma is designed to make profit, not treat, hence prescribing blockers that fuck your receptors up and deregulate so they can prescribe you more garbage for shekels.

Who are you calling dipshit? I never said otherwise.

In this case, Ritalin use in children can give them permanent depression issues, potentially creating a life long customer of SSRI's and anti-depressants.

There could be many reasons tbh, another could be that "ADHD" kids were marked as potential threats to the status quo, and subdued with drugs. Psychiatrists need government permission to prescribe drugs.

It could even just be careless people trying to fix something, and making everything worse in the process.

Does the same apply to amphetamines?
DIdn't start taking them until my mid 20s so I'm inclined to think I'm in the clear. Every fiber of my being would rather not quit amphetamine.

I don't know, Ritalin is a Methylphenidate and not in the amphetamine class.

Yes, the big issue is regularly taking mind altering drugs with developing minds.

It's handy if I want a dedicated cleaning/organizing or study/research day. Personally though, it fucks my sleep schedules, my digestion, and I feel drained in the days after, so I only do it rarely.

I'm no doctor, I'd just say be aware of your body and its effects on you, and try only taking it when you really need it. If you don't want to mess around with your brain too much that is..

No doubt that it can be helpful though, however powerful they may be.

That shit is a kike theory that was invented to justify the use and sale of thorazine. The entire field is garbage including the fake science backing it.

Also: the chemicals themselves exist but they do not directly determine one's behavior.

Dude I was also on Ritalin and I barely eat to, My mom said I used to have quite an appetite when I was little
This explains a lot, Heavy man Heavy
What else does this shit do

Herbs are not a fake science you retarded sack of shit. Call out kike for kike shit, amino acid deficiency and vitamin deficiency can and will fuck your body up.

ayy lmao.

>Be me
Check
Check
Fucking check
Check

All in all, while I'm not happy about my experience, I've come to terms with that it had happened, and my only goal currently is to overcome these flaws through self discipline. It's nice to have empirical evidence for my suspicions. That said, fuck the kikes and their bullshit poisoning of our generations, and I cannot wait for the day Candlejack will swing rope around ev

Herbal medicine is not the 'science' used to justify modern psychology and psychiatry, chemical theory is. The entire theory was invented to manufacture consent and sell drugs, there is no genuine scientific backing and not one genuine study has been carried out questioning it.

In the future chemical theory will be looked at much in the same way modern psychologists look at dark-ages ones who bled people to 'balance the humors'

Judging by that handwriting, they should be medicated and men shouldn't stick their dick in them.

Right? God we live in clown fucking world.

I think some anons mix up psychology and psychoanalysis. The former is a science while psychoanalysis is literally a jewish invention made up by sick jews with weird fetishes.

Psychoanalysis is where you get shit like "kids have a fallic stage of development" and "all your problems stem from you wanting to fuck your mother". A big problem is that these ideas have seeped into psychotherapy and ruined a lot of the field imo.

As I rule of thumb if I hear/read anyone referring to (((Freud))) I discard the opinion. If anyone wants to learn more about the spread of Freudian ideas in the USA then they should watch the documentary Century of the Self on Youtube. Freud was shilled here by his cousin, a powerful jew, and the good goyim ate it up. It's all a fucking sham.

Get /fit/ and join an MMA gym. My mom and dad took me to some kike doctor who wanted to put me on (((Adderall.))) Dad is old school, asked around, found out it was amphetamine and made me join a youth boxing program.

Dad said, "Boys want to fight, not be drugged. You have energy because you're becoming a man." Thanks Dad. Dad was redpilled about kikes, too.

Sieg Heil.

People know Freud is a sham and debunked, you literally learn so but they shill him anyway because he's a kike. The only good thing about him is how he destroys feminism and makes them so buttmad just by saying women have "penis envy".

Checked.

Lift well, eat well and read well, and you're unstoppable.

So they had decreased GABA levels in the medial prefrontal cortex (responsible for impulse control). Considering that GABA inhibits synaptic transmission, it would imply that those children had increased activitation in the prefrontal cortex. Meaning, better impulse control and thus less fidgety and impulsive, having more focus.

The real question is possible side effects, GABA is one of the main neurotransmitters, and works throughout the entire brain. Follow up studies would have to replicate it in different areas. In addition, would be interesting to see whether these are permanent changes, and can be reversed through abstinence (which is plausible with reuptake inhibitors).

Holla Forums should really stick to politics… majority of commenters here are political observers, not scientists/neurologists (and it shows)

they have no tests or biopsies that can be performed to prove a chemical imbalance.

That's a vintage meme, thanks user

Many jews give it to their own kids. The real problem is the echochamber called the prescription drug industry. They'll pretend that it works in order to earn those precious shekels.

What should I even do at this point?

I heard ADHD meds actually are intended to reduce adhd in the long term - ie they make it so the patient has normal brain function so they can eventually get off the medicine.
Take it with a pinch of salt though. That industry is notoriously bloodthirsty.

You're not done for user, you just have to struggle a little more and make a concerted effort to achieve

psychology is not psychiatry, you moron.

Could you link me to these materials?
I ask because I'm currently struggling with benzo addiction, and I haven't seen any literature to indicate they cause permanent damage.
Yes, I know the withdrawals can be deadly.
Yes, I am ashamed and trying to get better.

And for that, there's CONCERTA®. CONCERTA® is a prescription product approved for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as part of a total treatment program that may include counseling or other therapies.

I've been on vyvanse/adderal for years now. I'm thoroughly convinced that I never had "ADHD", but have now developed a chemical dependency on the medication.

Probably not, I've yet to see a paper or medbook state it in that regard. ADHD meds in general function through increasing the amount of dopamine in the receptors, either by increasing the release (amphetamines) or blocking the reuptake (methylphenidate). No matter which drug you take, at one point your body will adjust to it, e.g. through increasing/decreasing the amount of receptors (ritalin) or by increasing metabolism (alcohol). In that sense, methylphenidate is safer than amphetamines (body just responds better).

The fact that this article found changes in general is like stating that the sky is blue, the interesting thing is that these changes were found in the GABA system.

Positive changes have indeed been observed after prolonged medication, but whether those occur is entirely dependent on the quality of the diagnosis. If medication makes one hyperactive, it implies a faulty diagnosis and the presence of other problems (e.g. depression gives similar symptoms regarding attention). The positive effects could be the result of heightened activation, allowing neural adaptations to occur (just like a man cant build muscle without food).

And yes, the pharmaceutical industry is heartless. But hey, theyre run by capitalists, not doctors/psychologists.

The irony when the 'experts' solution is more damaging than the one they frequently cite as having long term negative consequences (corporal punishment).

Well according to those numbers…

GABA is also the new primary focus of research into Autism. GABA has two different effects depending on which stage of development a human is in: exitory, and inhibitory.

One leading theory is that this causes the brain to over-wire itself generally, and under-wire itself locally. It also helps explain why people with Autism often have poor motor control as GABA plays a role in regulating muscle tone.

Suprise. Any mind altering substance changes the way your brain works.

Don't take antidepressants folks.

You got trips and are on Holla Forums shitposting

what do you think?

Fuck off, Jew.

well, you're not a normal human, but you may have mutated into something better.

The kikes tried to drug and put me in a special ed class when I was in school, but my dad saw through their bullshit.
He told them I beat him at chess when I was 6 years old, and that they could fuck off. I started "unschooling" shortly after. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Modern psychologists are glorified psychiatrists with the exception of a few institutions that still give the effort.

Spot on.
Nobody is saying that mental illness is all fake, what people are saying is that the analysing and diagnoses of people is bullshit. Clinical depression due to imbalance in brain chemistry is real, sure. But the diagnosing of depression is entirely bullshit that does nothing to actually correct imbalances, or even check if they're there.

ADHD meds in specific are bad. Also all psych meds (ESPECIALLY SCHIZ) are highly dosage dependant, because meds can be targeted to affected areas.

People just cannot keep to a dosage regimen, even one late pill fucks them up.

But the core concepts overlap. And thus there is a problem.

Boys should DO something, CREATE something, DESTROY something. As nature intended. Hand, mind and heart to learn, sprint, jump and climb to relax.