Monster Hunter /mhg/

MHG DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI you can download and install the US version directly from Nintendo's Eshop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega:///#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega:///#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gross

Anyone has that one video of the japs in animal customs fucking mosnters over with repeated mounts and bombs?

Hey guys are there mohran battles in Generations? or they cut it

Cut it

Does everyone just cheat their charms now?

Kill yourself my man

Get some reading comprehension, my man.

Depends how much do you love farming 30 coal?

pffft

Not much, but I don't want to cheat. I kind of hope they make up something new to replace charms. Kind of liked how in FU you didn't have charms. And actually I am not too fond of the overkill 6 skill sets in 4u and gen.

have fun farming coal then.
It's better than in 4U because charms have to be valid to be used. So no more blatantly cheated weapons that insta-status.
But yeah, Charms are awful and need to be fixed

The only cheating i have ever done in monster hunter is hacking in 100% possible charms. If they made the system better than rng within, rng within rng lol, then i would grind it out but the way the systems is now i will not grind for 100's of hours for the possibility of getting a godly charm.

Does anyone else feel like the monsters in Gens got toned down from Cross? I feel like shit is dying way faster in my playthrough of Gens.

The only thing that feels easier to me is Dinovaldo. I started using elemental shots on him and he just dies so fucking fast. I didn't mess around with bowguns much in Cross so I can't tell if those are any different but melee weapons feel the same.

You just got gud and know what you're doing.

Do you remember the first time you made the transition to MHFU to the modern titles and suddently hitboxes weren't completely fucked anymore and monsters didn't have five billion HPs hitting you for 99% of your hp in one shot and it felt like you just went from playing russian roulette with a bunch of slavs under the influence of cocaine and vodka to the children ball pit for little babies?

That, was a true "tone down".

Tri babbies will never ever ever ever know that feel.

HR3 key quests to get to high rank
and maybe some elder dragon hunting after that

Room: 26-5859-2383-9395
passcode:4545

All of those underwater lance rush kills in Tri/3U made up for all the asshurt he caused me in FU.
Speaking of which, how is he in Gen?

Why is Moofy so fucking cute?

If Cephadrome is anything to go by, slightly better? Adept helps a fuckton.

Considering I'm not having problems with Ceph anymore, that's a good sign.
I just wish I had internet at home so I could have fun with the thread. It doesn't work at any local free WiFi spots either.

I just beat that village quest where you fight one of each of the new mons, Is that this games version of the masters challenge? or is there going to be another one down the road?

Sometimes he just hangs in the water and sonic bombs don't seem to bring him out of water.

Also it feels like they buffed his damage.

Not as easy as in 3u but not as annoying as in FU.

After doing few villager quests from hub (or something else) you unlock two quests that have 5 monsters in arena. Those monsters are high rank.

Which you unlock from fucking HR2 quests, as I pointed out last thread. It's really dumb.

Yup. I was wondering if village had high rank quests back when I was still in low rank armor. Then I unlock these 5 monster quests and get my ass beaten because I had whopping 90 defense or something. I wasn't expecting such easy quests to unlock those kind of high rank quests in village.

wait how do I do ofline high rank? do I just go to the hub or is there the same thing they had in 4G where you do like 10Star quests?

Doing enough villager quests and probably some other quests unlock some high rank quests in village 6 star. It doesn't tell you that they are high rank monsters. I think the area is still low rank as you start in base camp and get all the supplies. I haven't tried gathering in those quests though.

Most of those quests are multiple monster quests. I can only remember duramboros being single monster.

6 star is high rank? They seem to drop low rank mats

Advanced: Whatever
should be the only high rank quests in 6*

Most of 6 star is low rank. Some quests that you unlock are high rank. Like I said, it doesn't tell you which are. But they are at the end of the list.

And all those multiple monster quests are in arena.

It called them advanced quests? Well that makes sense I guess. I just got used in 3u that advanced just meant quest that appears and disappears for some reason.

Ah, and there random? like the end game scroll things in MH4?

Advanced quests have always been quests that belong in the next rank up, but that you have to tackle early as a challenge, at least that's how they worked in 3U.

I don't remember advanced quests being any harder in 3u. But I trust you.

It was more about tackling the "harder" monsters of a higher *, rather than tackling g-rank monsters from high rank, but it could also be the latter situation if you were doing advanced quests in the highest * of a rank.

What are some ideas for mixed armor sets I should be making? I'm all out of ideas of what to do and the only monster I haven't hunted yet is Alatreon so I'm around the end game.

Is there anything you feel you could be stronger at? Any skills you think you need?
Personally, I'm at a total loss here. I'm still in my low rank armor and have barely even upgraded my weapon, and I'm still dunking all over the content.
Why does this game feel so insultingly easy compared to the previous games? Did they just cut monster damage and hitpoints by a factor of 10 or what?

Adept is borderline OP and aerial SA is OP. So if you use adept at all or aerial SA you don't need to wonder why the game is easy.

Is there any other option that building more damage? :^)

Go hunt Ferocious Silver Rathalos already, jesus.

You got gud and there's the factsome style/weapon combinations shit on everything

It could be because of the Hunter Arts or Styles. I get the feeling that they make the hunter more stronger than the monster.
But I have an idea for a grinding armor set with Miraculous Luck and Capture Master but couldn't fit both so I might use Partbreaker instead of Capture Master instead. Maybe I can also try making a Lance set with Guard +2, Guard Boost, and Razor Sharp.

This whole paradigm of only being able to fit two, MAYBE three skills tops, is what eventually killed MHX for me. I got to a point where I didn't feel compelled to keep hunting anything because I literally couldn't make an armor set better than the one I had even with charms.

This is not how to do a grindan game, Capcom. MH3U and MH4U had practically endless combinations and sets to grind for, even though 4U did end up going overboard with the RNG shitfesting by the end.

Also are the Hellblade Glavenus weapons actually really good or is it just a meme people spout? The armor set looks meh to me but could be good with the Spiked Hammer.

I think the sword and shield are pretty ok, don't know about the rest

None of the variant weapons are all THAT amazing. A few of them are marginally better than most weapons, but they tend to have middling damage and good sharpness, but not much else – and that's only AFTER you upgrade the cunts 10 god damn times.

It's pretty meme, the weapons are pretty garbage across the board even at level 10.
They give you more HA gauge… which is near useless.

Is there any reason to not use Nakarkos GS with fencing and blunt edge?

Akantor exists.

Oh yeah. Did Akantor weapons always got 45% affinity?

For the new monsters maybe, considering I'm slaying them in roughly half the time, but even returning monsters I'm wiping out much faster than I did in Cross. It really feels like HP values have been dropped significantly.

High as fuck raw+affinity with dogshit sharpness has always been their trait. Compare to ukanlos which has even higher raw, slightly less terrible sharpness and dogshit affinity.

I heard that having Green on a Blunt weapon will be better than Yellow because of some sort of damage lowering trait Yellow does to your weapon when it attacks. Maybe the high affinity can counter it.

You mean they actually nerfed HP in MHGen compared to MHX? It's not like they haven't done this before. MH3U gave hunters 50 naked armor for free.

You have blunt blade which negates that

Yellow doesn't lower your damage. Infact it does nothing to your damage as it's the base sharpness. Anything higher gets a bonus and anything lower gets the penalty. While blunt edge gives way more of a boost for red/orange, the innate bonus to damage multiplier from green more than makes up for it and actually makes it the ideal sharpness to use.

No, it doesn't. Obtuse Blade gives you a FLAT raw boost. It's not a multiplier, and it doesn't remove base sharpness multipliers. You have to do the calculations yourself to see where the tradeoff between raw and sharpness levels off, and it's different for every weapon because the sharpness modifiers ARE multiplicative.

It's basically AuL but only costs 10 points instead of 20.

yeah, but it's the difference between those is .10. the Flat boost negates the damage negative in almost all cases.
Exceptions being the max level rusty GS

I think I might try this. What monster should I test this with? Something simple like High Rank Kut-ku or Rathalos?

got to HR4
any sets I should make for early High rank? I assume another bajauaababaajsuusu thing

Something you can kill with flat, hitzone ignoring damage like bombs or GL shots.

being able to buy energy drinks as soon as you start really made them pointless
like I normally use energy drinks anyway but still gotta normally farm a fuck ton of shit for them early on to support the chugging

Is there a list with the properties of all those new ammo types around?

And it's a shame really since they finally made it so you don't have to cook them manually ever.

Alright might try Low Rank Great Maccao because I think only have a good GL in my Gen save and he seems pretty flat.

I'm going to be using a Lv. 4 Petrified GL in Tetsu armor with the Guild style so I won't have any offensive skills. I won't be eating for AuL too. I'll also use no hunter arts.

Is MHG the best version to get? I'm thinking of picking up a 2DS or 3DS. Last time I played monster hunter was back when it was on the PS2

Naw MH4U or 3U.
Gen is just too gimmicky

Now I want a webm of that bbq song

Fuck that, get MH4G or MH3G. There's no reason to support the western video game industry anymore. Get a JP 3DS instead of NA too.

I get why they did it
only being able to cook 10 at a time always annoyed me but yea at the same time its making it more simple
fuck

its just as bad with the stones and end game

And the JRPG-tier "plot".

FUCK BLAGONGA

I'd take it over the style and HA nonsense. Just avoid mid-late G-rank and it's a better game

fucking spending 30 minutes after every urgent running around watching shit cutscenes I did not give a shit about

Seriously who the fuck cares about the story

Why are people saying 4U has a plot but all the other games don't they all seem pretty much the same to me.

Because more cutscenes.

To be honest 3u is the one I have enjoyed the most.
Gen is pretty good too. But most of the hunter arts seem to be completely useless, and some of the styles don't work on some of the weapons at all.
4u was technically upgrade for 3u, but the endgame is horrible. Relic weapons make the game trivial and there is no reason to build crafted weapons ever.

Honorable mention for FU for having all the best locations and music. Too bad it feels extra clunky now without all the new moves for weapons.

On another note. How much of the translation has been raped? I noticed "jazz hands" and I saw a pic of "git gud" "joke".

What are you talking about I'm just asking why people say 4 has a real plot but the other games don't. They're all about the same level of writing and complexity.

3U had a plot, kinda.

Yeah and 4U pretty much had the same plot except the first monster happens to be the stronger monster in disguise.

They kind of did but it was never even focused on. It never mattered even the slightest bit in the older ones. A few lines of text from various villagers was the most you got acknowledging that you defeated the Rathalos, Lao-Shan, Monoblos, or whatever it was.

Don't forget the:

3u also had kind of small side story for the ivory lagiacrus.

I like how they give even a bad story for monsters and why you need to hunt them. I always read the quest descriptions.

I have for sale in my game a support palico with the following moves
and the following skills;

Worth? or should I hold out for better?

last night i beat up some low level scrubbing-bubbles to get his longsword
low rank kut-ku armor

i haven't gotten very far yet, but of all the new flagship monsters, mister-clean is definitely the best so far, i unlocked the glavenus urgent last night but haven't started yet

So here are my times.
MHG: 07:18.66
MHX: 07:56.08

So it looks like they didn't tamper with the HP. If they did there would be a drastic difference between the two times. You can try this yourself if you want.

Plot in MH games isn't important.

These games are about hunting.
You build your own narrative each hunt, you remember all the times you've struggled, everyone here remembers their first time against a Kut-Ku, everyone here remembers that one time you performed wonderfully against all odds on a difficult hunt, or that one time you found other hunters you truly clicked with and you speedrunned the fuck out of that one hunt that was challenging before, acting in sync.

MH is about you, the player, experiencing all these little moments and carrying them with you, you're building your own plot by simply playing the game, and it's custom tailored for you.

If you have no such memories and needs to autistically go search for the in-game "lore" that is just there as meaningless fluff then you're probably broken as a human being.

3deep5me

For once I'm not going to remove "tumblr" from the filename because it fits.

Nice quads, but
We'd know that it was tumblr either way

Here's a really good kinsect if anyone's interested. Get a red extract and you'll turn your IG into a LS

I haven't checked the code, so I'm not 100% sure, but it certainly feels that way.

Where do you think we are?

Ketcha farm for first high rank set, HR4

32-8694-6102-1046

i didn't hate those guys but they were incredibly basic tropes

the caravan crew was a lot more fun for some light fluff

So, to all you gunners out there, what is the point of bows?

If I wanted damage I'd go HBG, and LBG seems better for status and elemental focus while still retaining mobility and more importantly I can AIM my damn shots if I so desire. I just don't get the point of using the Bow in general.

Bows are fun

Gen lobby: doing HR5 keys
25-2587-7898-7134
pass is 8888
god why is shinobu so fucking cute

Some are more fun than others

I want 4th gen kiddies to leave

Nice meem

eh, I could never get into Charge Blade. I never thought I'd wind up enjoying Greatsword as much as I do in this. Sad they fucked up FUNLance though. That heat gauge shit is annoying. At least Bow is the most fun it's ever been. SnS's buffs are nice too.

damnit i decided against using another paintball on him because i was expectint to just chase him as he limps

where does he sleep?

Bow just feels awkward to me

I'm not saying those are facts, those are just observations of someone just starting out. With an bow gun I can aim and shoot down flying assholes, while outside of Hunters Arts it seems harder for me to get those that are flying above my level.

Admittedly I can carry more coatings as opposed to ammo types, so that is one advantage right there off the top of my head, but the bowguns can have more variety when it comes to addressing shot types\elements through ammo. I was just genuinely curious as to what attracted people to that over the H\LBGs

Bow is the only thing that feels "right" for me

it was so out of place
I loved it
Cat loli a cute

we each have our own "right" something

I like explosions.

wait are there not village equivalents of HR in gen? i was checking the key quests at village 6 star and it seems to stop there

I don't know why but the more I play MHgen the more I feel it lack something.

It gives me a hollow sensation when I play it compared to the first time I played 4U or 3U.

I really want to like this game just like the others, but is not doing it for me.

Is the room still open?
Is any room open? I'd prefer a high rank room but I'll help anyone tbh.

1. play guild style
2. unequip hunter arts

Need to do a lot of villager requests and Guild shit to unlock most of them.

is there a list of the Bherna request quests I have to do to get the Dinovaldo one?

Dinovaldo is the urgent for village 5 star. Beat the other three and whatever the other key quests are then you'll unlock it.

ah okay. I've done the other villages; Mizu, Gammoth, and Astalos. So I just need the other keys…thanks!

Installing Monster Hunter Generations on my Nip 3DS. Gonna transfer my MHX saves finally too.

No one said plot was important.

Is there any other way to get prime variant scraps other than upgrading a weapon to lvl 6? Can't really find anything online, but it seems really stupid considering you would need to upgrade 5 weapons…
What do I have to trade for them? Just normal parts or what?

Is there a reason to play MH gen instead of MHX?

Only real difference is the servers you connect to. X for Japan, Gen for the rest of the world. It's up to you which player population you want to play with.

If i have to decide between a bunch of kid who will play this mh game for the first time, frogs who fucks up hunts and faggots brazilians/russians who won't speak english and act like dicks, and japs i'll probably choose the latter.
Now that i think about it i'll have earlier dlcs, non-censored/modified content and no shitty translations. A shame i want to play with you some more after MH4U

Or you could just not play with randoms.

i wish, but unfotunately, my friend doesn't have a 3ds. We still play mh3rd hd sometimes but we can't play anything else.

That sucks. I would choose japs then too.

I never liked the 4th gen bow aiming. They fucked it up too hard. 3rd was the best time for bows, even though memers and shitters still thought the bow was a bad weapon. In 4th it went from a powerful and diverse elemental wrecker to…another monoweapon where the only single one worth using was Seregios and that was FUCKING RAW.

In MHX they kind of fixed that by allowing you to use power shot on all bows, opening up your options a little, but it still suffers from the same awful aiming scheme.

I found this.

Do you still have tk do your urgent individual or doing someone elses posted urgent count for yours also?

still only counts for the host, same with villager requests

You have to do it individually.

I don't know why they don't fix this.

Only excuse I have heard from here and other places is "carrying". But that doesn't make sense. Someone with top gear can still carry your urgent quests. So I don't know what those retards where thinking.

Well thats tedious
Same for village quests
Fucking hell

Fuck off flan

K

Who?

webm this

Probably just telling you that he doesn't have time for hunting and needs to go to the nearest le sûpèrmárkêt and buy a couple bottles of wine for his kids.

Maybe the muslims got him and he was asking for help

He probably had to run from them rampaging trucks

too soon?

Adept Dual Blades finally clicked for me. Coming from Great Sword and Gunlance and Lance in previous games, this is way, way faster and more fluid. BEYBLADE MODE or Blood Wind or whatever they call it is fun too.

What weapons/styles/arts are you using, Holla Forums?

guild
aerial
aerial
bushido
guild
aerial
bushido
aerial
aerial
bushido
guild
aerial

I adapt weapon and style depending on the monster and the amount of fun i want to have
I still don't understand why would you want to use striker.

Guild hh and adapt Gunlance
Horn makes everything easy mode as fuck to me
Gunlance it takes me a few kills to get down timing on perfect blocks and even then i need to get much better at it

I like it when some dual blade weapons look like fist weapons.

Wtf are you smoking? The Orange haired guy is pretty light skinned, and that's really how the Ace Hunters looked in MH4U.

I haven't played with most weapons yet but:

guild

striker

guild and aerial

adept

At least according to gayjinhunter's video striker lance has higher motion values for rush stab. And it also has the original 3 stabby instead of the new weird stabby as the last hit.

And since I get third art I can use corkscrew stab at times. I think it is the coolest skill in the game, so that is a visual bonus even when it probably sucks.

Generally I agree with you, though on Lance you have the old style stab, not the triple-thrust, so if you're use to evade lancing from the old games, that should be your go to.

Also if you're playing in a group and want to play a healer, I guess some of the Arts work for that?

Also I can't find a style for Greatsword that is as good as Guild style. Nothing compares to the original GOTCHABITCH technique.

Absolutely none.

i guess for people like and since they use the lance (i still have to start master it) is good. And maybe the faggots who thinks is an action game and want to spam hunter arts?

anyway do you think we will see the bow "companion" in the next games or that's it, these are the only weapons?

Huh, I also noticed the pairing, but I paired them up differently than you did:

So to me, insect glaive and bow are both without a partner weapon, but they don't match each other, either. I'd love for them to create the boomerang-bow weapon they were discussing a while back, though - please use archive.is/2016/03/04/monster-hunter-generations-almost-two-new-weapons/ - and the dog-baton would have been a good pair for the insect glaive, too. Honestly though, I would have liked the styles to have been less about applying generic templates on the weapons and more about different ways to handle each weapons - like, imagine what a two-handed lance would play like, with no shield. Or an insect glaive that doesn't fire insects and replaces that mechanic with something else. Or a dual blades that can throw his weapons like boomerangs (hello Archer), or something like that.

Thanks Holla Forums for catching the URL.

Siliconera has the article, just Google "monster hunter boomerang weapon" and you'll get it as the first response.

Such change would have been hard to make I think. Current change mostly changes motion values and restricts move sets.

But that would have been way more interesting.

fuck i always forget HH, it does make sense. I paired LS and IG since they're both weapons that need to acquire some kind of power up 3 times to shine in battle and are on the same level of "moves", don't know if you get what i mean.

I still get scared when I see this in chat

I enjoy using greatsword, and have done most of the game so far with it, but it's clearly shit tier now.

Using the aerial glaive and SA just makes this game fucking EZ mode, and I whip one of them out whenever I run into a monster I hate.

Adepts SnS is fun though.

How is GS shit tier now
I know GL got a nerf/buff depending on heat
I feel gunlance its too hard to build up heat on it id like to use both the instant red heat skill and the charge but with adapt cant do that so stuck with keeping the heat skill

I assume there has to be a armor skill that helps get heat up better

Not really shit tier I guess. I just loved it so much in past games, but there are so many better options now.
Also the different styles on GS are trash, so there's nothing really new going on with it.
At least the other weapon's alternate styles are actually viable.

I like HH because there is nothing really new with it
Maybe thats just me, im not interested in other styles of it or its arts because they all shit
But I still enjoy HH because it feels exactly the same as 4U except it has double notes now making it kinda more rewarding to tune off monsters but I did that anyway

I haven`t played much this week due to me being busy as fuck but how far along are you guys ?

Just got to HR5
Suppose I'll farm high rank rathalos to upgrade my normal rathalos
Ive got atk up large in it so not really a rush but more armor will be super usful given shit is hitting hard now

Village three-star quests. Trying to do all the villager requests before advancing and wishing there were early-game armors that had what I needed for dual blades. Right now rocking the basic Alloy set for the Sharpener, since I need those Whetstones to go quickly.

God that sounds satisfying. Nicely done!

Poor monsters never see it coming

It was beyond satisfying. That third shot from the Triple Volley just totally nailed it. I'm just using Guild Style too. I gotta say, I really hate Aerial Bow though. Haven't bothered to try Bushido since I'm having so much fun with just this. And Striker on any weapon isn't worth using except for maybe SnS, where it only loses that backhop/forward slash move.

Normal-shot + Bushido builds heat sanic fast. But I have yet to find a decent playstyle for Longshots, since fullburst is meh on those and the constant poking with a shell here and there to keep the combo going is not enough.
Heat-max-skill would alleviate that problem, but it locks you out of wyvern fire. Which is kinda dumb, because Longshot#

Also, the vast majority of GL upgrade paths ends with a lvl 3 shot - rendering Normal and Wide useless in those categories.
I don't care how minute the dmg loss is
MUH GL 'TISM

The rework of Gunlance was unnecessary, I felt. I loved the weapon for what it was, and the heat gauge mechanic ruins it for me. Especially because of the flat damage nerf that you can only overcome in red heat.

is there a reason NOT to use striker for LBG?

Please teach me

i won't deny that it has its own place as being pretty useful, I just hate using it. It's my least favorite weapon, always has been. I didn't know its Striker Style was worth any salt though, since it usually isn't for most of the other weapons

really tho, it won't stop you from doing rapid fire or anything and it gives you full house way faster

The world of bows is a big one. You've got four general shot types: Rapid, Pierce, Spread, Heavy and each one has a varying level, from 1-5, 1 being the weakest level and 5 being the strongest level of that shot. Each shot also has it's own Critical Distance, that being, the distance where it does the most damage. The critical distance for Rapid shots is fairly mid-range, and Rapid shots fire 3 arrows in a straight line. Spread shots are a bit more close rage, and fan out horizontally, which is great for big-ass monsters. Heavy shots are slightly closer than Spread I think, if not the same distance, and are a single arrow that sort of "drop" onto the monster. Pierce shots are made for longer-range, it is a single arrow that hits the monster multiple times as the arrow flies through its body.

If you're far enough, a great bow to use/get accustomed to is the Mizu bow, Blessed Rain. I'm also using the Mizu set with a Sleep C+ +8 Talisman and one more gemmed in so I can use sleep coatings with it. I've also gemmed in the other three slots Hunger decorations, since Mizu's set has Halve Hunger by default, getting me to Negate Hunger. Bubble Dance is also a nice little help with evading, but the bubbles pop if you get hit, and go away after a few minutes.

You can't be TOO reckless with Bow, since your Defense is about half that of a Blademaster, generally.

Another thing with bow is that it is really intensive on Stamina management. You'll want some Dash Juices/Mega Dash Juices for bigger monster fights/longer fights, and plenty of Well-Done Steaks or Energy Drinks. The skill Haste Rain helps a ton, giving you temporary Stamina Recovery Up, Movement Speed Up, and FastCharge while it's active. If you're using Bushdio or Aerial bow, I'd strongly encourage to make Haste Rain your one Hunter Art.

Another great thing about bows is their elemental damage. A lot of them have an element on them already, so even your non-coated shots are doing something a little extra with elemental damage.

Do you have any more practical tips on how I should go about my hunt (especially in solo) so it doesn't drag on forever and I can kill it quickly?

You'll want to use your Level 3 charge every time just about, maybe level 2 if it's a different shot type (situational of course). Traps and Flashbombs are you best friends. If you can, it'll help if you use a monster's elemental weakness bow. I have Fire, Thunder, Ice, and Water bows, one of each. They're all difference shot types as well, but in spite of that you want that elemental damage. Fortunately, there's multiple shot types of the elemental bows, like how the Lagia Bow is more spread-focused while the Astalos one is Pierce-focused, etc. It's like Burger King, you can have it your way. If you want to use a coating that your bow doesn't support, gem that shit in with decorations like I've done with Sleep, since Mizu's bow doesn't support it naturally. It doesn't support Poison either, but I don't have a Poison C+ +8 talisman. Sleep Bombing is bigger damage anyway usually.

When you eat before a mission, you want either Felyne Black Belt or Felyne Specialist. Not much else will be useful to you unless you need to eat for elemental resistances. I usually go with Specialist though, since Haste Rain makes up for it well.

Thanks for all your advice user

Is making sets for elemental damage + worth it?
Any other useful/essential armor skills like fast charge?

Elemental Damage+ definitely wouldn't be bad to have, but I wouldn't choose over something like Crit Status if you have a bow that can use a lot of Status coatings, at least. or FastCharge. If your bow doesn't have a lot of Status effect coatings, I'd say go for that Elemental Damage +, especially if that bow can use Elemental Coatings lv. 1 and/or lv. 2, then you'd have a primal elemental rape machine. However, Status effects are a big part of bow, but they aren't the only way to play it.

No problem! Happy to help.

i spelled mine wrong just so autists would call me out on it

Jay suey Montana

replaced the e in Je to a u

frogs and frog-sympathizers need to be triggered and bullied

when using adept bow, should I go for perfect evades all the time or just use it to get out of harms way?

What other styles are optimal for bows?

Holy shit this is too cute

I'd say got for the perfect evades more often than not unless you see another attack coming right behind that one you just dodged.

Guild is always the best, Adept is pretty good for bow from what I hear. Aerial Bow is absolute ass and I haven't bothered with Striker.

Care to explain how it's better than adept?

It's just my opinion man. Having both Haste Rain and Triple Volley or Blade Wire if I'm cutting a tail is pretty handy. Plus I don't lose my double back-hop or Arch Shot, both of which I use fairly often. Adept is certainly not any-less viable, I just prefer Guild, it's the best for me.

Well alright, I guess that concludes all my questions atm.

Thanks a bunch Famon

Wait, one more.

How strong/good is arch shot?

anytime.

They're better more for Solo play, since they tend to interrupt or stagger your buddies online. I like the Wide arc shot though, since it can KO a monster if you hit its head enough with it, not nearly as well as a Hammer or CB would of course, but the fact that you CAN KO one is nice to have all the same. I don't know if Focus or Blast Arc Shots can do the same though, i've been sticking to Wide mostly.

At least in p3rd and 3u focus was better for KO since it is the same as wide but in smaller area. So more hits on head.

Also blast deals ko damage, but isn't really good for it in my opinion.

This was hilarious.

Should I just use demon mode in dualblade aerial style? Archdemon mode doesn't seem to have that cool landing attack that hits multiple times.

Does the extra hit skill work with aerial or should I just be a beyblade for fun?

Base/Guild lance got a hardcore nerf in the form of the third poke having an extended super long animation + recoil. Striker lance removes that poke and gives you the same old poke that it used to have. That's why lancers all adore Striker.

wan monster hunter always this fucking casual
I want my damage sponges back

Having a battle last too long without adequate changing phases sucks.

To be fair, Tamamitsune has particularly tough break points and pretty much all of them are multi-break. Back will break like twice, tail breaks before it can be cut off, face can be broken three god damn times, and each of it's front claws can break but good fucking luck because they're harder to hit than Rajang horns.

What HR do you unlock Agnaktor?
I want to make a GS build with blunt, crit draw and crit eye +2/3. Or is there a greatsword that's better at it than Agnaktor's?

Is it just me or does it seem easier to cut off monster tails in this game? Rathalos and Rajang were usually the worst at this but now I seem to get them fairly easy.

That's some serious overkill m8

I want the 75% for times when the monster is knocked over, stunned, tired, etc so I can wail on it a few times instead of sheathing my weapon.

Have you considered Quick Sheathe and Crit Up?

Dunno how feasible this combination is, though.
Also, Focus.

You probably want fast charge there if you want damage.
Getting an additional level 3 charge off is value.

I hate the fucker
he wont give any claws no matter if Its a fucking break or not or even a cap or carve
just doesnt like giving me claws

Tried putting Focus, Quick Sheathe, Crit Up, and Crit Draw on a set and I got nothing, however if you replace Crit Draw with Crit Up you can probably get something if you got a nice talisman. Personally I'll stick to Crit Draw because I don't want to rely on a high affinity weapon. It also makes the Tigrex GS much more better.
Really fucking good but if Crit Up could've been added
Keep in mind you'll be getting this power a majority of the time.

Gen lobby : HR who gives a fuck
13-4390-2915-0500
pass is 8888

Don't cap him then user, all you gotta do is break his claws. :^)

Tama's claws are impossible to break the only time I broke both was when I exclusively attacked the claws for the entire fight. Even then he only had like 4 hits left after they broke.

To be honest I didn't even realize it was this bad until now since I've been rather lucky apparently getting the claws I need.
Still funny though

I use HH so even with constant wacking on them its so bullshit

Yeah and her hunting horn needs claws I had to switch to S&S for it.

You really want to carry shitters that bad?

What? HH is so much fun to use just by yourself you move fast as fuck and get mind's eye all the time for free. Then you can get earplugs, wind resistance, attack up, defense up HH is the best.

no I mean the Tama HH has HP recovery (s), (L) and "Affinity Up & Hp Rcv (S)"

Not to mention negation of stamina

Oh i just make every HH it's necessary.

honestly if I'm solo-ing I never found a use for the HP recovery focused horns. the Attack up horns/utility horns are way better
Especially since the Stun got nerfed to fuck in gen, and because all the HH arts are really bad.

I find it funny that Guild is the traditional style for every weapon, except for Lance. With Lance, Striker's almost exactly like the old style. Even more so like the third gen and earlier lances, because it doesn't have the charge hop 4 added.
Striker is supposed to have worse basic attacks and/or combos compared to all the other styles to make up for its arts, yet with Lance it has the best of all four. And, it even gets a massively buffed charge attack. It's as if they didn't even attempt to balance any of the styles for Lance, although that could be said for most of the weapons. I can't think of a single weapon I've tried where every style is about equally good; each of them either has one that shines above all others, or one that can't even come close to the rest.

Is there any weapon where every style is roughly equal?

Long sword?

Longsword is the closest it gets I'd say for blademaster, and even then striker is pretty weak.
No clue about ranged

Fucking nah
Bushido outshines everything else, but fuck that it's too easy.
Also
Honestly these tails I'm rewards are pissing me off with how many fucking times I've hunted a single monster in earlier games just for tail carves.
Another fuck you to players who actually want shit come from effort and hard work.
Come the fuck on Gen/X, do something right.

JUST
U
S
T

Chameleos' tail was impossible to cut off in MH4U as well I think it's hitbox is weird.

Striker seems to be shit for every weapon I think the only reason why it's good for lance is because the devs thought that stupid finishing poke was a plus. So they removed it from striker thinking it would be a debuff but it just improved it. Looking at striker the developers clearly though the Arts would be a lot more useful and be worth losing moves for.

It wasn't impossible to cut in 4U in fact I did it on most occasions I fought him in that. user please.

Heyo guys, I'm looking for someone to run through these arena and challenge quests with

Room:
pass: 4111

Happened to me before on my Freedom Unite save, 35 hours in. I didn't go back to it ever again either.

seconded, I've broken Chammy's tail several times in MH4U. The hitbox is just wonky.

It wasn't impossible but it did seem inconsistent. I'd spend entire fights hitting nothing but the tail and he'd die before it came off sometimes.

god fucking damn it, forgot the room number again.

It's 65-4983-2776-1213.

I dunno I play HH so I wasn't cutting it the guy I play with though had a really hard time with it and he can usually chop off a tail pretty quick.

Yeah this is what I meant not literally impossible just tough.

this seems kinda shit, a bigger variety of maps during the village woulda been nice but eh

I might have to use load up with something else to justify going through all this suffering and boredom.

STEAM VERSION WHEN?!

any good monhuns for pc besides tri/p3rd/fu?
I was gonna try MHO but it needs a chinese cellphone

no.

It doesn't need chinese cellphone.

But it is pretty bad overall.
Casuals seem to like it for some reason. Probably one being that you can't accidentally trip your friends.
Weapon balance seems pretty horrible. There isn't really any reason to use anything else than LS because it is just so much better than any other weapon.
And getting out of low rank takes almost a week because of the horrible ticket system.
Charm system seemed to be even more rng and tedious. First you buy a box that gives random charm. Then you have to roll it at least 6 times or some shit to change the stat. And the box costs special coins and the rolling costs some dust you get from special quests.

Of course that isn't even all what is wrong with it.

Few things I liked are not even that important: You can continue to gather for that 1-2 seconds after "quest completed" sign pops up. And you can check what the whole set looks like on the smithy.

As a 3u babby jumping straight into gen, kut-ku was actually my third chicken and I wiped the floor with him. Does qurupeco count ? I did struggle with the bastard the first time.

fucking spending 30 minutes trying to get some help for my gammoth urgent
fucking why does this shit have 2 fucking urgents

Well there's Toukiden Kiwami, pretty much monster hunter made by the musou guys. Is it as good as monhun ? Fuck no, it's too simple mechanically. But it's on PC. It's very glorious nippon too if you're into that

I've just started, but can't play online since need update. Should I just update, or wait until homebrew?

Striker's pretty good on wide shot gunlance
you lose the finishing slam to full burst and just get a third poke, but you never full burst with wide anyway

What version are you on? You can do homebrew now on most firmwares.

10.7 n3DS.

Listen to satan please.

I don't want to downplay that kind of happening, because it's hell, but… just be glad it was only 50 hours.

Use your head m8.
Don't be a "I ranked up KaiThnxBai" faggot either.

Too bad the port is unplayable

I have run into exactly zero problems thus far. What are you on about ?

I only ever played about 300 hours of MH3U and a few (maybe 5) hours of Freedom Unite
I've had my eyes on MH4, but now Generations is out. Should I skip 4 and go to Generations, or buy 4 instead of Generations?

Buy 4, wait for 5 to come out.
Gen is meh and only good as a time waster

I think generations is better than 4u.

4u end game is horrible really. And apex monsters are only tedious. New hyper monsters are way better.

4u end game is basically mmo end game. You kill a monster and it drops a random weapon. Those weapons make the game easy as they are way too powerful. And which also means that there is no point crafting any weapons yourself and making maybe one or two weapons to kill those end game monsters.
Apex is tedious because you have to use items that have cooldown. Otherwise you bounce even with purple sharpness most of the time. I don't think that kind of cd gimmick is fit for MH.

Generation's hyper monsters instead are almost a throwback to FU. They don't seem to get tired, like in FU monsters didn't get exhausted. They are in constant rage mode. They are not rigging the hunt against you with the bounce mechanic like apex monsters do in 4u.

I don't mind guild quests coming back in 5u, but I don't want those relic weapons back with apex monsters.

I'd recommend MH4U over Gen any day. Contrary to what mentions, you can sink a fuck huge amount of time into it without touching Guild Quests and relic weapons.

Nah, the feet of most apex monsters don't require Wystone:Drive to hit - it is the shittiest of all stones.
There are plenty of videos where the three apex cunts from the Masters Test get toppeled and tripped
like mad.

"Apex gimmick a SHIT" holds true, though.

Generations is not great, I quit after I killed the owl.
Loved the fuck out of 4U though.

50 Hours is a pretty bad moment to lose your save, since you've already spent a shitton of time with it but you are still playing the game and having fun with it.
If it was my 200 hours 3U save on Wii U, I probably wouldn't mind that much, since I'm already done with that save and odds are I'd have more fun just creating a new one.

Always bring 2 traps and extra tranqs.

He must have tried to net trap the rajang

It flew away before I could lure it into my first trap.
I'm starting to think carrying supplies to make extra traps might be a good idea, but I'd feel like a even more of a shitter than I already do if I needed 4+ traps to capture something.

He can be pitfall'd but has to be enraged.

I noticed in 4U and Gen a lot of monsters sometimes leave immediately if a trap is placed. Not really being a shitter, just being prepared. I use traps offensively all the time, especially pitfall. Getting a KO in a pitfall on an exhausted monster is a lot of free damage.

MHGen monsters pull fucking Ironman numbers on skipping zones, it's ridiculous.

Oh wait, I'm a retard, I tried to pitfall trap a Narga. I didn't know certain monsters were immune to pitfall traps unless they were enraged.
At least I learned something from this. I'm one step closer to getting good.

Ancient forest (jurassic whatever) is the worst with the 4 zones on the east of the map. I hate when shit runs away to the southeast.

Low rank Generations hunts
55-6628-5277-1063
Passcode 2486

Does Evasion +1 effect Adept evades at all? Is it overkill or useless space?

Garbage. Adept has a built in evasion boost. I don't know the potency of it but it's equivalent to evasion +1 or higher at least.

I'd get gen, I think it's an improvement over MH4U in most ways.

Jurassic frontier is the shittiest map. Monsters travel that annoying cave path where you have to go only one way because drops and the loading screens come so early when going near the exits so monsters have to hang in those and you can't do shit to them.

>farm dragonite ore for the nth time fuck you capcom for the shitty drop rate

I know how I'm gonna vent my frustration.

shit son, as a gunner all I find is great swords

It's a sign from g-d telling you to use the best weapon in-game

I cleared now all available Village Quests and solo'ed the entire Hub up to 5 Stars incl. Prawler Quests. No requests left but the 5*Hub Mission "Desert Brawler" is missing.

Is there a full list how to unlock all quests?

Get 4U, it's less gimmicky and better balanced outside of the endgame nonsense.
Gen the styles have almost no thought put into them, the hunter arts basically have no consistency to them and vary from complete ass to OP as fuck. Also no G-rank.
4U on the other hand has probably the worst very late game in any Monster Hunter because Wystones and 140 GQs.

Honestly between the horrible late game of 4U or the constant shitty gimmicks and lack of any challange of Gen, I'd take 4U any day

gen lobby, high rank
26-5558-5942-0036

i am an aerial pro

Are you doing villager requests, too? Make sure nobody has any yellow speech bubbles available.

Yea, none left, my request list is empty.
No item requests or anything, I went around and talked to everyone.

Maybe it unlocks after certain 6*Hub quests…

The IG in 4U is horrible imbalanced for being able to mount constantly, even though it has a rough start in low rank and is resource/zeny intensive. Also Evasion+3 with 0.5 seconds invulnerability and endgame armors with "Honed Blade" + "Razor Sharp".
But you don't need to use them though.

In comparison… the styles in Gen are game breaking at some point but fun to use. A lot of monsters especially classic ones cant handle the aerial attacks at all and adept gives you free evasion+evade dist.

I don't miss the G-Rank tbh, having to "start over" a third time is not pleasant at all.
However… I'd rather start over again a third time instead of doing all this collect/kill trashmob quests Gen has.

I have to admit overall I enjoyed 4U more…
But I haven't done everything in Gen yet (e.g. special permits)

I was pretty unimpressed by special permits, not only is the armor not very good, it also doesn't look very good.
Weapons are pretty mediocre too

Anyone have the homebrew tutorial post?
Saw it a few days ago and didn't save it :/

Just go to

Thanks.

Anyone wants to play 3U?
I've got a character who's at late high rank, I use either horn or funlance.
Haven't played it in a bit so I'm a bit rusty

YES! I'm hr7 but have 300 hours in and i would very much like to play more. I haven't played it since 4u came out so I'll be rusty as well.

Alright fam I'll create a room, just give me a minute alright?

Free A, Lobby 5
Room name: v rank, no password, target: any

Give me a few minutes to find my disc and set shit up.

Alright, I'll be waiting here.
My char is female and called "Casca"
inb4 >playing as a grill, my other save file has 600 hours in and after 25 days worth of time playing as a boy you get tired

no one cares if you play as a girl, dude.

cute girls are part of the charm of japanese games. something you can't get in western games anymore.

Almost everyone here plays as a cute grill including me.

Oh fuck, I didn't know.
It's just that playing as a girl usually raises a red flag and I didn't want to do that.

>you will never get in an explosive boxing match with a Brachydios or put on Rath Soul armor and an aerial spear to be a dragoon

I'm having trouble connecting to the room. I keep getting an error code and searching tells me it's a server issue. It seems to be only a issue when trying to join a room.
I made a room in the same place called 8v /mhg/

JUST
Did you get this when trying to enter my room?

Yes, that's the same error.
FUCK

I get this error on about half the rooms I enter, the other half work though.
Try this:
Free A, Lobby 1, room name: German, no pass

FUCK I got kicked
So, did you manage to get inside that one?

Nope. I got a slightly different error of 106-0614
God damn it.

G rank A lobby 10

Welp, I guess we're fucked then.
This shit here is the last straw, I'm buying a 3ds.
Just one question, did you forward your ports?

ok, hang on

106-0612 again
r i p

I did not try out any router stuff. My wiiu runs online flawlessly for every other game.

I'm sorry fam, but I'll stop right now.
This shit is needlesly stressing and I honestly just wanted to play some vidya, but now I'm too fucking mad to do it, fuck crapcom and their shitty ass online service.
I'm just gonna have to buy a 3DS one of these days

;^;

I think most of the people in these threads play as a brown female hunter.

Has anyone else been getting disconnected from rooms a lot but not really in MHG? I get told the other hunter leaves the room but neither of us get booted out even when we get back to the room.

I've had quite a few similar expediences with mhg. The online seems quite a bit less stable than 4u.

canadian internet is a bitch and uploads under 1 megabyte, so if i upload to much in one post ill get disconnected from a lobby

Yeah Canadian internet is really ass when it comes to upload. I don't think that is the case though I got like 1.7MB/s on my connection. Though I am skyping at the same time it's the same way I play FF14 with the same guy and I get no connection issues.

oh god that game was my life

i remember trying literally over 70 times to beat titanEX cause i was a west coast canuck on behemoth, which is located in texas, my ping was like 150 at LEAST

thank god those days are over
also thank fuck for disposable income i can spend on better interwebs

I know its kinda late at night but would anyone be interested in doing some 4 star stuff for a while?

if not I'll just assume its too late.

I've heard the horror stories from a friend.

I would but I'm farming for a narga and a chainsaw LS.

Post room. It'll take me a few mins to join but I'll be there.

post a room ID, i drank a fuckton of coffee just now

horror stories are phase one
phase 2 with an uncoordinated group is this indescribable level of spirit breaking

I really just play it with this one guy whenever we aren't playing something more important like a new monster hunter or something.

well if you wanna take a break for a while

43-0184-6911-6104

seltas set is quite nice for GL
shame it doesnt have any slots

Grinding some Redhelm Arzuros, levels 1 through 3. Hop on in, we may wind up doing other deviants since I only need a two more level 1 permit tickets, but i'll need more of the level 2 and 3 tickets. But I only have about an hour to play. so let's knock out what we can.

Room: 62-0451-7424-3726
Pass: 2333

42-9798-1442–8243
hr4+ charm farming if anyone wants in

i wish i had friends to play it with when i did
i was a solo player mostly trying to keep up with all the content patches, and was also autistic as fuck
lost interest in heavensward and let my sub run out after realizing i'd never catch up to the endgame raids, nor find a group i could get it on with

still a fun game as long as you dont burn yourself out on it
sorry for sperging out over it

How the everloving fuck do I change my Poogie and Moofah outfits? Do I have to keep playing through the Village Quests to make them my own, as they're currently Village Moofahs/Poogies…

Pick the pig up and carry it into your house.

I can't even pick the damned thing up. I just constantly have to spam A to pat it.

You have to complete their petting 'mini-game' one time.

Yeah, got Moofy in Bherna, but the Poogie in the other towns don't show the !, they just get angry and headbutt me.

You're petting for too long. It's just like cooking a steak.

I get that, but they're not giving off the red ! and stopping after the music like meat doesn't work.

It is like 0,5 seconds or 1 second after the music stops.

Are all the deviant Gunner armors shit tier?
I'm struggling to find anything better than full Rath S and Storge S.
Do i need to start charm grinding now so i can do mix 'n match sets?

For HBG i recommend narg with mizutzune hbg and good perce up charm (pierce up5, 3 slots)
good in guild or striker

new bread