Falcom CEO thinking about making The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III a PS4-exclusive

archive.is/uYFaY

Now why the hell would you do that?

They wanted Cold Steel I and II to be more like the Nord Highlands, everywhere - but the Vita ended up not handling it very well. I'm guessing they're having internal debates about what type of game they want to make, and whether or not the Vita is a strong enough system for that game.

As much of a Vita fanboy as I am, I can totally understand where they're coming from. Not every game works on a handheld.

Isn't the PS3 (and Vita) still rather popular in Japan, or has the PS4 been getting up there more? I mean, if it was PS4 exclusive in the west that would be one thing (I think Sony's pushed a number of companies to jump on the "PS4 exclusive in the west" train even though Japan has seen PS3 and/or Vita versions as well), but is the PS4 doing sufficiently well in Japan to warrant Falcom going PS4 only.

PS4 is getting up there, DQH 1 and 2 sold better on PS4 in Japan, PS3 is gone by 2017 and Vita is still around for a long time in Japan

NO VITA NO BUY

I wonder what will eventually replace the Vita.

If the NX is a handheld, probably that.

mobile, Sony Japan has stated that Fate/Grand Order has brought significant revenue to them for the past year. They'll milk Fate. Madoka, and Persona mobage.

Falcom has been riding Sony's dick for years. They released Ys on the fucking psp.

I mean all of Ys. Give or take about 3 of them., and from what I remember, most psp releases hardly made profit, but Ys apparently always made sizable gains.

Let's seeā€¦ Ys I+II, Ys: Oath in Felghana, Ys: Ark of Napishtim, Ys 7. Am I missing any?

Ys V, I think. That got a PS2 remake or port or something, but no PSP one.

Oh, and there was no version of Ys IV on the PSP either. Hence MoC on the Vita.

does anyone have a link for YsII for dosbox? I've been trying to find it everywhere and I can't seem to find it.

Just play Chronicles.

I don't even care about this series, now i'm gonna buy 5 copies just to spite pcucks and vitacucks on Holla Forums.

Absolutely unacceptable.

Sales of the PC versions may have been underwhelming and everyone just pirated it so most likely he's giving all the PC faggots the middle finger for being thiefs

There are no PC versions.

pretty sure i saw TiTS games on steam a while back

That might actually piss a select few people off if you did it. Which you won't.

WOah woah! My vita pretty much a Cold Steel (I time she was a Ys machine, Vanilla machine and Freedom Wars machine) machine, don't take from me a game that don't exist yet.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahaahah

Trails FC has been selling at a nice clip this year largely because Trails SC came out, too, and there's potential for Xanadu Next to outdo Ys VI. Now XSEED has to commission more PC ports (assuming Little King's Story Wii-to-PC sells).

Relax, it's actually unlikely Falcom would drop a platform in the middle of a Kiseki arc, especially one that sells better on Vita. But it's likely they'll have to compromise somewhere since parts of Sen II originally planned weren't working for Falcom on Vita.

Personally I don't really mind but doing that to a sequel when the previous games weren't exclusive kinda sucks.

i will wait for the PC release