Review sites

why is the imdb score so high while the metacritic-rt score so low? Were the metacritic and rotten tomatoes scores organised campaigns? Or seeing the universal praise from critics on the same page that they rate on makes them more likely to contradict consensus? Or is it the much greater sample size that imdb draws? Posting more statistics

shills and fanboys rate it 10/10 before its release itself

A lot of people abandoned imdb after they shut their ‘toxic’ forums down.

same goes for our shills rating it 1/10

that was a massive disappointment. I had a lot of great times on imdb forums and tbh I'd much rather be there than this place. There will never be a replacement.

Moshe please

Funny nobody ever questions if shit movies getting high scores is organised. Funny haha.

the imdb wa at 8.3 yesterday. its gonna go much lower. and imdb is flooded by people that hate on films anyways

letterboxd is 4/5

imdb and letterboxd are both shit

people who vote 1s for movies are cancer. its just a cancer system tbh

TLJ imdb already had 20k+ votes with average close to 9.0 when I first looked before Thursday night openings, Disney probably paying some Dehli click-farms to upvote the shit out of this thing.

because IMDB score has 71 thousand votes compared to rt's 1000, which is clearly too big for any organised campaign to influence?
Also by implication of being here you can assume everyone here accepts the critic consensus is manufactured.

it was 8.0 exactly 12 hours ago. It's guaranteed to get a lower rating than TFA because the rating is always really high for the first couple months, then drops off, so yeah you're right it'll probably go down to the mid-high 7's

there was a lot of great information on the obscure film pages that was lost, nuking it all to cure the cancer… fucking stupid

why doesn't Disney manipulate the clearly more volatile metacritic and rotten tomatoes if that were true?

Imdb is usually a first hit in google after wikipedia

maybe they are blocking click-farm ranges, imdb gets revenue for pimping all those background promotions and trailers, you don't think IMDB sold it's soul ages ago?

The shills shilling for TLJ also shilled for "letterbox" so it has to be a shit review site.

They don't want to see too obvious maybe?

Rotten Tomatoes clearly got tons of ad dollars from Disney too.

Maybe. Seeing as Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic are way too small to be trusted, is there any accurate source for statistics on opinion in the movie industry in your opinion? All I do is form my own opinion because every source is full of shit, and I'm too lazy to read hundreds of reviews to find a critic I like.

not that I know of, they would all be unprofitable and sued out of existence, my own observations and Holla Forums opinions are probably better sources than these co-kiked review sites

At least I know the opinions I'm reading here came from an autist with at least 120+ IQ most of the time.

a lot of low IQ people find our board too, mostly from Holla Forums. And there's that guy who boasts about being such a normie because he's fucked a handful of hambeasts.. But this community is really easy to predict so at least getting Holla Forums's leads to a better understanding than something as complicated and meaningless as the dynamics of IMDB

you have to be high IQ to understand star wars.txt

Holla Forums‘s opinion on what is good is mostly useless. What it can do very well is identify egregious shit.

Holla Forums calls everything shit

Yeah, but it’s good at explaining why it thinks that.

Yes, but nu-Wars is shit. Even normalfags can't live in denial anymore. Stay mad Disney wageslave.

That's all I really want out of a review site though, I just want to know what' not worth handing over shekels for, while not having the decent to good stuff spoiled for me.

You also have the Star Wars fanboys who vote it 10 stars before they even fucking see it.

Everything is shit.

but some of it is enjoyable shit, i don't mean those blockbuster failures, but shit that was meant to be shit, like b-tier drive-in trash

the problem is the industry has moved to model in which the b-movies are also monolithic blockbusters

IMDb ratings start high (brainwashed early viewers) and go lower as the sample size increases and becomes more accurate. Give it time, and it will become the most accurate rating on the web.

i think imdb just does a really shitty job of filtering out shillbots. I've seen several highly anticipated movies get inflated scores shortly before they were released

is this your first time hearing about bots?