Toxic Masculinity Is the True Villain of Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Toxic Masculinity Is the True Villain of Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Based.

The Last Jedi is a step in the right direction when it comes to gender diversity not only because it gives us more female characters with more to do, but because it refuses to glorify its male heroes in simplistic ways that create unrealistic, harmful expectations for everyone involved. True gender diversity in media and in real life will come by recognizing that the system of patriarchy we live in benefits no one—not even the Poe Damerons of the world.

denofgeek.com/us/movies/star-wars/269657/toxic-masculinity-is-the-true-villain-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi
denofgeek.com/us/movies/star-wars/269657/toxic-masculinity-is-the-true-villain-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi

It's a game The Last Jedi refuses to play. Here, Poe's rogue heroics—sending Rose and Finn to Canto Bight, for example—not only don't work, they lead to the near-quashing of the entire Resistance force. Hundreds of people die, and it's at least partially because Poe had visions of glory.

However, rather than punishing Poe for his well-intentioned mistakes, Leia and Holdo take the time to explain to Poe why his plan failed. This is a gift of energy and compassion and forgiveness that Leia and Holdo bestow upon Poe, and an effort that stands in stark contrast to Snoke, whose leadership style is about manipulation rather teaching. To share knowledge is a form of relinquishing power, something Snoke's ego-driven philosophy will never allow him to do.

It’s barely even worth it to point iut their contradictions anymore.

Nobody needs a poorly written article from some shit stained whore or faggot to know that disney soy wars hates whites & men.It was painfully obvious since TFA & Rouge One also Kathleen Kennedy drove the point home multiple times
"the force is female".This latest monstrosity demolished the only white male character still in the movie to the point where the guy is drinking green milk from a grotesque tit monster before dies an inconsequential death.

This is why women need to go back to the kitchen.

man is inherently flawed….second star wars entry of a trilogy is dark and weird

wow

wew

Makes you think.

look at that FUCKING nose

judaeo-bolshevism leads to the decay and collapse of everything.

Serious question, is Disney purposefully trying to run this series into the ground with politics?

They are the resistance™ against President Trump and the "ebil" nazis that dont actually exist.
Watch out they brought paperclips!!

Why wouldn't they? They can bully movie theaters, they have journalists working for them (like the one from the WSJ), they own nearly every major studios in Hollywood.
I'm not saying that it's good or ok to use [current year] politics, but - like Alphabet/Google - it was bound to happen one they became too big.

They just bought fox also …disney is a monopoly and has been one for awhile.

Not just politics, every aspect of this franchise is warped and/or otherwise destroyed. Cinematography, characterisation, narrative. I don't even know what that fucking SuperLeia thing counts as…

But the force is female!

Ah, I see you are a menshevik.

…and like I said in another thread, I know that a lot of people are happy about it because they think that Disney will fire Ridley Scott from the Alien franchise. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they wake up and see that every major franchises will be turned into a Marvel-like movie with Whedon quips, generic soundtrack and bland cinematography.

They'll be lucky if they even get that the way things are going. Between automation, sexbots and artificial wombs… somehow I don't think the modern "cunty personality" is enough to save them.

Oh what a brave new world is this?

Man, what an exciting time it will be. Just plug into your Facebook® Occulus™ Rift™, load up your favourite Waifu program, and insert your penis into the Facebook® Autoflesh™. Microsoft® Windows™ Cortana™ will cook up your favourite meals, like the McDonalds® Filet™ of™ Fish. And when the day is over, plug in the Apple® I-Child™ so you can tuck in the virtual children you have made with your waifu. The Future™ is here.

Feminism really is the religion of female worship

Those people should be burned at the stake honestly. Ridley's prequels are kino.

Ridley will be redeemed just like Lucas was. In the end people will begin him for another Prometheus.

There's no evidence he isn't making a third film, he confirmed it like a week and a half ago.

Is the bot broken?

Better than being cucked by a flesh woman and having to pay child support to little Jamal.

What a time to be alive.