What was your latest vidya-related purchase or pirate?

What was your latest vidya-related purchase or pirate?
Waiting on a delivery?

Does anyone even buy vidya stuff at a brick & mortar store anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=D24E1WU&rt=nc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_e8abf_Tds
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I picked up EDF 4.1 on Steam.

I haven't played an EDF game before, but it's a good port and a really really fun game, so I feel it was worth the cash.

I pirated EDF and then bought it

last 3 purchases:
-bought the order 1886 for 4.99 CAN$ solely to qualify for free shipping
-bought killzone for the ps4 for 4.99 CAN$ to get my relative qualified for free shipping
it should be noted that regular shipping is over 8 dollars– so might as well
-bought 100% orange juice on steam for a couple of bucks.

how do you put DRM on a beverage?

I bought a Shantae game during the summer sale. Haven't pirated games in a long while since there's nothing worth pirating.

Wouldn't there other games you could have bought for 4.99 and still get new shipping?

Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle.

I've started Dark Cloud so many times and just stopped playing it for a few weeks, then just start a new game when I actually go back to it. I refuse to play Dark Chronicle until I finish it.

Bought a bunch of dreamcast stuff for a decent enough price, i.e. Virtual on for 20 bucks, SA2 for 30 and a disc only SA1 for 3 bucks, the next tetris on-line edition and a dreamcast browser for 15 bucks total and MVC for more than i would've liked(though still less than what it sells for.
Last time

just looked up this so-called Wavedash Games

I see way too many "indie" studios doing this these days. Whatever happened to just making
the games by yourself? Nintendo didn't have any community input when creating melee and they did fine.

wait nvm wrong thread

*i went to a gamestop i bought a copy of Persona 2 for the psp, and the guy just takes a beat up card board box and throws the UMD inside.

Last Pirate: I Am Setsuna
Last Purchase: Fire Emblem Fates' Special Edition. Which is still sitting unopened in its fucking packaging because I haven't felt assed to play it after the first couple days.

last purchase was monster hunter gens, only thing i give capcom money for

Y'know fruit can be patented now.

user, if you're going to be absolutely off the wall retarded, at least enjoy the fruits of your labor

Last purchase was Gravity Rush on Vita, still haven't tried it yet.

Last vidya pirate though was Sonic R, what a waste.

YOU BETTER BELIEVE I SNAPPED THAT SHIT UP

RUSSIAN LANGUAGE, NO SUBS, BOTTLE OF VODKA AND BALAKLAVA ON

MAX DIFFICULTY, RANGER MODE, TIPS, HUD AND CROSSHAIRS OFF

I had a hell of an afternoon.

Do those even exist anymore?

Maybe he's just waiting for a few years for the inevitable sharper decline in quality, to the point where Fates will look like a masterpiece compared to what the future holds.

GG Xrd Revelator. I don't play fighting games but I watched EVO with a friend.

Why the fuck did I get Guilty Gear, this shit isn't beginner friendly at all. The tutorial goes on and on and I appreciate that they made a good one, it's really extensive, but holy fuck my hands can't keep up with my incredibly bad decision making.

Divinity Original Sin Enchant Edition. So far damn happy with my purchase. Kinda sad I waited so long to try this game out. Brings back so many good memories of Baldur's Gate series.

Last purchases were Jade Cocoon and Resonance of Fate for $5 each or so. Last downloads were Nightmare Creatures I and II.

Gamestop's certainly still around, and where I am they had such high numbers of stores they managed to push out everything that isn't multimedia or only tangentially focused on vidya (best buy, walmart, etc). Still, in the surrounding towns where there's less Gamestops, you can still find the occasional independantly owned vidya store, but they can be pretty hit or miss, especially in selection and prices.

Nah, bro. I'll choose what I do with the shit that I own, thanks.

If I never get around to playing it, then I'll just keep it in its packaging and sell it in a couple years at an inflated price, get my money back and more.

Get the fuck off the board if you don't, you cuckchan shit. Besides, last I checked they ended up splitting one of those games into two separate games. Do you enjoy supporting devs splitting games into two for more fucking money? You're on fire, lad.
Have fun eating shit. I see you're only eating a bit now but there'll be more to come later.
You're placing that much value in that shitheap game that didn't sell for shit? Who in the fuck is going to want a sealed new copy of that utterly forgettable trash? Even if the prices DID inflate, there's going to be zero market for it, unless you have some retarded friend. Which I assume you do.

Dark Messiah. Probably one of the funnest games I've ever played, and one of the few action games with rpg elements to get it right.

Last purchase was $25 to get my DS Lite fixed. Last pirate was MMZ Collection.

just bought a new mouse, not going to be using it for gaming but my current one is failing.

I don't play many games on the PC because the PC has no games.

You're awfully salty there, newfriend. Would you like a hug? I think you probably care a little too much about stupid weeb games, and this notion of "supporting" whatever dumb weekly hateboner strawman meme pops up.

I answered OP's question, and you're the one who's getting all mad about it. If you're that pathetic and pedantic over a dumb game, then I feel for ya, kid.

Do you need a safe space to go with your hurt feelings?

aight you win, you baited me.

ordered gal gun, got mgs twin sneks, and metal gear 1 and 2

Last gift I got was EDF, if that counts. If not, I bought myself Neptunia VII.

Bought Earth Defense Force 4.1 on Steam, Loving it.

Waiting on a Japanese copy of Dragon Quest 1 & 2 for Super Famicom for $4

Been busy pirating a fuckton of games that were on Holla Forums recommended lists to prepare for the TPP boogeyman
I could actually use some suggestions of games that aren't on the lists.

$1300 Movie Studio Monitor that does 480P, 720P, & 1080i.

724/1000 produced. I'm basically set for retro gaming for the rest of my life. It's built to military specifications, & I had a retired SONY Technician calibrate it. Pretty much indestructible, & it's guaranteed to not burn out or fail for up to 100,000 hours.

EDF 4.1
Shit's fun, especially when you punch Totally-Not-Godzilla in the face repeatedly.

Even at five Canuck FunBucks to qualify for free shipping, that's still a ripoff, you could have easily gotten a movie you'd actually like for that much.

Might want to look into giving some priority to anything that wasn't brought to your region or had to be fan translated, given that those don't even have legit western releases to pick up copies of anyhow (and in the case of bootleg SNES carts loading with the patched roms, can be a good $50 each).

Also, be aware that with both MGS2 and 3, there's extended versions of each: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

smart investment, i'm jelly

Maybe someday a kid will drop a glass of water over it

Nice legs, user

Thanks, I wasn't aware. As for out of region games, I'm not a really big fan of anime/manga which is what most (not all of course) of that stuff seems to be but goddamnit I want to be. I've tried for years but it just fails to appeal. Where would I even begin with that stuff?

I FUCKED YOUR IMAGE UP HAHAHA

Don't have to enjoy manga/anime to like Japanese made games, even ones that were left in Japan back in the day, you know. Though in some cases I suppose it can help.

Anyhow, it might still be a good idea to download stuff just in case it does wind up piquing your interest down the line, even if it doesn't now. And you can find full romsets for various systems, and if there's older ones, shouldn't take up too much room at all. I suppose the issue would then become trying to track down patches for what has and hasn't been fan translated. I've even got some raw roms of various things in case games like SMT if… and Romancing SaGa 2 ever get patched.

I've gone insane.

I bought 2 1080s and now you anons guess why i'm not a good goy

Dragon's Dogma
Got it two weeks ago because the place I used to work had a weird bonus system where we could only buy electronic related things

God damn that looks like such a nice monitor, one thing though; Does it play light gun games?

A copy of PS2 Budokai 3 i found on the bargain bin at a gas station.
UBERMOSH on the sale by squeezing pennies from cards. Very pleasantly surprised. Still, never giving new money to steam again.
Finally CFW'd my o3DS and having a blast in Pocket Card Jockey.

EDF 4.1 on PC.
So fun.
Also got DMC3 with the style switcher mod and fixes. Shame it's a pain to get working.

Absolutely. The "flat screen CRTs don't play lightgun games" thing is myth. Most flat screen CRTs are "HD" tube TVs that fuck with lightguns (some kind of image processing issue). Mine isn't technically HD, so it works perfectly.

These have been steadily raising in price, so $1300 was actually a steal. It really was a good investment. They ain't going DOWN in price, that's for sure.

These completed listings are insane, & someone actually spent $2000 on one recently.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=D24E1WU&rt=nc

Not my image. This one is though. Hoping to get a consolized Neo Geo so I can get metal slug running soon. For now, have a picture of the Super Famicom version of Umihara Kawase running on it in RGB.

Did I kill the thread?

Dead by daylight

it was 20 american dollars on steam and a friend wanted to play with me so I caved
it's actually breddy good.

I bought a controller today because my old one broke

Last Purchase was for Monster Hunter 3.
Last Pirate That actually work Shemune for Dreamcast

I pre-purchased Yakuza 0 earlier.

Yeah, yeah I know, but I've waited too long for it.

I think the last thing I bought was Trails of Cold Steel 1, through Amazon. That was like two months ago, and its been a fun run so far.
Hasn't been much else lately that I've felt like spending money on.

I spent 2 weeks downloading that Good Old Games torrent. Last time I went into a store was Gamestop to get Splatoon.

Not videogames, force meme, scene parasites.

Was Watchdogs, Killzone 2 (second time I bought it) and Destiny for the PS3. Played Watchdogs for half an hour or so, spent some time with Killzone 2 calibrating the TV to look excelent.

Donated them to afterward. Shouldn't have, bad people, respect law, parasites. Didn't get to play Destiny. From what I saw of Watchdogs it was great. Media paints it as a game about being a pervert, I just went around killing cops after going to a few purse snatches or aome other shit. Cops were shooting someone or doing what they do. Played until a helicopter sniper got me. Looked better than other versions jn screenshots and more impressive on PS3 hardware.

As always 360 and PS3 could pull off better visuals at lower resolutions.

It would be interesting just how low res you could go and what could be done to resolve the low res so it's all playable.

The lower the res the more the geometry. More effects. More framerate.

Silent Hill 2-4 look best at 320x240. Wonder if they could look better. Double the geometry for quarter the resolution. At least.

Low res means what is seen has to be optimised for that, always excessive but not so much that things miss out because of it.

Silent Hill 3's start and that strum music being the reference, man with tie too.

Characters good enough. Make world to.
Lower the res the more responsive too. More acting upon direct imput. Keep amount of detail holding framerate back, more dev time the more game is held back by assets instead of generated effects. Intentional personalised things having more humanity. Could always increase audio quality to use up spare performance too, so lulls are a time of reflexation. Want them, savour them.

Fog helps low res not matter. AA steals precious processing from geometry and textures.

Had a good outlook/ethos.

Try to recreate as much of the world as possible. Sentiment…

Leave things lacking detail that clarifies them.

World stays mysterious.

Doing otherwise wastes time and performance so other things can't be.

Work on as much as there is feeling for. Different time different area, things stay unfinished.

The world is always elsewhere.

is it possible to transfer saves? I pirated it too since my next paycheck is a long way away and I'd hate to throw away all my sweet sweet air support progress

Got the Xenoverse DLC on sale. It's OK.

Bunch of 3DS games now that I got piracy working. Playing Star Sapphire and holy shit was this a fucked up remake: Way slower, more linear, large areas cut (Dewford cave is just gone entirely), new loading seams in the world, the boat scene is cut, and they didn't include dress up.

Bought GTA3 and Sonic Heroes on PS2 today.

Okay, what the fuck is this new meme?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_e8abf_Tds

shaking my head to be honest family

Rambling Randy needs to take his meds
Also I downloaded Kingdoms of Amalur. Man it's generic as fuck but still sort of comfy in a grindy sort of way

Ha, the world has folled the HD cowardice.

Less objects, less clutter. Minimalism touted as complexity. Big blank spaces.