Vidya retail stories?

Vidya retail stories?
I went to a small non-chain vidya store that was mostly selling older last-gen titles, some dude was talking with the clerk about what he should buy. He picked up Operation Flashpoint for PS3 and I came across this conversation:
The seller was in his late 20s, hipsterish looking. Pic was my reaction.

Whether or not the fag believes it is irrelevant, I would of done the same thing

That's gay user

Dude buying had both a PS3 and 360 and the 360 version of the same game was priced higher. True believers exist, you know.

How's he lying? Maybe the other two consoles since they're both kinda equal as long as you don't go beyond cell tech.

Considering you can build a top of the line gaming rig for under $200, that's a pretty huge lie

Mind posting it? Can it play games of high settings without crashing every 10min from being poorly optimized?

I'm not here to educate you, cuck

I don't believe you can build a "top of the line" rig for that little but such a cheap computer would definitely run Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising well because it's a fucking game from 2009

Good retail experience:

Bad retail experience:

Not even EA has reached that level of jew. Why do vintagefags think that dusty old hardware is worth its weight in gold?

Of course you aren't.

That's bullshit, but you can build a very respectable tower with decent parts, and a good CPU and GPU for probably no more than $600. You'd be able to run games on probably medium settings. A slightly better CPU and much better GPU would bump you up into ultra graphics range, and that would cost you $700 to $800.

Considering that you'll be spending at least $100 on a workable CPU, at least $100 on a decent power supply, at least $100 on a good motherboard, and probably at least $150 on a good GPU (not including other components like RAM, aftermarket coolers, case, mouse, keyboard, and other peripherals). $200 is an outright impossibility, even used.

limited supply

Well, to be honest FF7 left me puzzled as to why FF7 isn't considered worst FF

Yeah, but practically everything pre-7th gen worth playing can be pretty easily emulated, and they even make USB controllers with the same layouts as the old pads, so it's not like you can't get the tactile feel without buying vintage.

The only time vintage pays off is if you hoard old IBM stuff to resell to NASA when they come calling, since most of their shit only runs on 1981 hardware.

The only games I miss are Rock Band, and that shit doesn't work on my TV, so fuck it.

You were THAT kid in primary school, weren't you?

Only console games I miss are the Skate ones, since there really isn't an equivalent on PC for them.

Feels good

And you can even get them made out of different materials too.

Gee, it's almost as if people would rather have the real thing instead of a replica.

Not when you charge $200 for something I can play for free.

I fucking love that store.

They are "collectors" user, they don't buy the games to play them. The consoles they sell are likely broken in one way or another and fixing them is a pain.
Some people just like throwing money away on shit that is somehow hard to come by even if it's nothing special.

Well not everyone has jewish sensibilities.

Anyone who actually falls for the 150$ fucking sega genesis deserves to get scammed. Jewbay has them for a third of that, and that's hardly the best option.

Was your image directed at yourself?

Enjoy being poor.

why is that guy drinking bleach?

You know this isn't true.

Because he's hardcore. Brutal, man.

Because it cleans your insides, duh.

Physically owning something isn't worth paying ten times it's value.

To make it look like he's healthy.
Bleach is healthy, it's mostly water.

You're not the one to decide that. If they have the money to spend then they're free to spend it as they see fit.

A fool and his money are soon parted I guess.

As someone who likes collecting games in their physical form, it has it's own charm to it. There's really no logic behind it for me other than feeling like you have a small part of history on your shelf and enjoying it in it's original state. I mainly buy from thrift stores and only if they're in the range of under 20 euros or so. You just have to weigh if you have the money to buy the games or not. I found a working copy of FF7 for 10 euros, so of course I snagged that shit. It sells for 70 euros used in the specialized stores I've been. Worst case scenario, you can sell some of the more expensive games you have later.

Again, if they have the money to burn they can choose to spend it however they want. Would you call Donald Trump an idiot if he paid two million dollars for a gold plated lawnmower?
The upper class is at the metagame of life. They can do shit which the poor perceive as stupid and take zero damage, to them it's just convienient and fun.

Yes because why the fuck would you want a lawnmower that is going to preform worse because it's covered in heavy gold?

Better conductor of electricity? Or as a an effective lure for those illegals

The real fool here is the one who never had money to begin with.

It's an example, user. Holy shit, do you have some heavy gold on your brain?

Why would you want your lawnmower to conduct electricity or be a good reason to be shot while you are mowing your lawn?

No, you lure the illegals to the lawnmower and then you use it to chop them up.

It's a stupid example that argues in my favor. Spending two million dollars on something that is worse than something you could get for two hundred dollars is not a good decision.

That 2 million dollar lawnmower serves a critical function a 200 dollar lawnmower can't: it tells everyone who looks at it that you're better than them and they can suck your gold plated nuts

You're missing the point, Jimbo. He can do it regardless if it's stupid or not. It separates the have and have-nots. Maybe it was a poor example on his part, but if you have the money and it exists, you can buy it. Point is, people are vain to some degree and will buy shit they don't need for one reason or another.

?

this

Like I said, the upper class can do and buy whatever the fuck they want and it's no skin off of their back.

Spending two million to tell everyone how small your penis is isn't a good use of your money either.

I'm ashamed to be a fan of that semen demon knowing people like you lack creativity.

A creative person wouldn't waste their money on things that have no value.

Sure he can do it but he is an idiot if he does.

So you hate video games then?

Do you think a guy who can spend 2 million on lawn tools gives an iota of one fuck what you think?

Don't crush his dreams.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

For someone who only has that two million dollar, yes. For someone who has that times infinity, no, nada, nein, nee, nie.

Video games have value but I wouldn't pay more than something is worth just because I like video games.

Spending large amounts of money on stupid bullshit is how you go from being rich times infinity to living in a cardboard box. Look at almost every popular rapper for examples.

it still irritates me every time i think about it.

To be honest, they have little investment on their future investments. They might have 'talents' that will last for a year or less but it won't save them from eating literal shit after that unless they can think of what to make others eat shit.

Yesterday I turned on the tv for the first time in weeks and went on comedy central, I tuned in to ""The roast of Donald Trump"". when Trump came on stage, he literally got brought to it by some shitty golf car while women were throwing stacks of money out of the shitty golf car at the audience.

If you start out being smart about what CPU you get you're likely only going to be out a bit on a GPU come time for an upgrade as opposed to buying a whole new console.

classic trump

I'm still here, user

God that was funny shit guy looked like he just lost his dog.

The only reason I come to story threads is because everyone else has cooler stories than I do.

I bought Black Ops full price for Christmas
I regretted it

I bought Battlefield 1942 and 2 collections plus Rome: Total War Gold all for 1 buck
I'm content with the purchase

I also bought FEAR at a used game store once and thought the woman next to me was buying WoW subscription for her son. She was 17.

Why the fuck do you post impaled fried Chinks bruh.

Nigger wat.

That's the point, I thought she was a mother, buying shit for her kids.
I was in a good mood, wearing decent clothes. Tried making smalltalk with her about "those kids and their pokemon warcrafts" or something stupid like that. She just stared at me and said "I'm seventeen."
I just grabbed my game and went out. Now that I think about it, it was probably Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War actually.

Who cares, it's shit.
Will we ever get a non RPG MMO?

And then you boned her, right?

Don't feel too bad, he was lost already.
I remember when I was 11 a store employee tried to convince me to buy Starcraft.
I bought Freedom Force instead.
Fuck that guy

That's not as bad of a sin as it would be if he suggested starcraft 2 or something from the new age of gaming.

I don't know whats worse, the fact that he suggested Garry's Mod or he sent a potential customer home.

Didn't operation flashpoint come out in like 2002 or something? And they ported that shit to ps3?

go to gamestop
never go to gamestop they are a garbage store
go to best buy instead goyim

"Blu-Ray graphics" trigger me to this day and I'm still having PTSD flashbacks. By this fucking logic if I pull a text file I have saved on an old floppy disk and put it on Blu-Ray it's going to have sparkles and neons and shit.

Of course no-name street hoodlums don't make shit but they all get into it with the intention of making it big as a platinum seller. Same with drug dealers, the average drug dealer makes shit money but they all want to become drug lords. Think of it as levelling up a Magikarp.

Literally two stores over
I got Trauma Center and God of War 2 for less than twenty dollars. Though I'm pretty much shopping online for vidya now. Also, pic related.

but what if he's using mp4 as a replacement for gif

If you're buying a product that you can judge objectively (like computer software) and you use opinions in this case uninformed opinions, or more accurately nothing of value you're already doing it wrong. Save letting the happy merchant decide what you buy for clothing

Talking about lies.

Fuck you, Alex. nobody believed your stories back in the day