Underrated weapons/items/skills thread. What thing did you think never got a fair shake...

Underrated weapons/items/skills thread. What thing did you think never got a fair shake, even though you felt it was the best for you?

Why the fuck doesn't anyone talk about the spread bazooka in AC For Answer? You get itvery early in the arena matches, and it can almost carry you the whole game. It clears almost all missions in seconds in a barrage of shotgun/missile destruction.

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/FG_42
imfdb.org/wiki/M1_Carbine#M2_Carbine
moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea
te4.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The grappler from Tribes Vengeance added a tremendous amount of depth to the already deep movement system of the Tribes games.

It's a shame that most of the tribes fanbase shit on the game because some of the maps were small.

Most of them didn't stick with the game long enough to discover how good it actually was.

That shit actually appears way too much in WW2 games.

Scythes

The shoulder laser cannons in AC2/AA/3/SL, only one that even gets into recommended builds is the high powered light one from SL but honestly for missions the normal one is all you need.

Hardly
imfdb.org/wiki/FG_42

Sure if you enjoy wasting ammo
The mine thrower on the other hand is way underated, It's basically 4 easier to aim grenades for 9k.>That shit actually appears way too much in WW2 games.

Fallout hasn't sold me on Energy Weapons.

Did you have stroke mid-sentence or what the fuck are you babbling about?

New Vegas is pretty hot for an Energy run, all you need to do is buddy up to the Brotherhood and the Silver Rush. If you have some science (or repair?) you can also recover ammo incredibly efficiently.
Once you encounter a Gauss rifle, you'll never go back.

If you click on a post number to have it in you quick reply area and have some text selected but also happen to have you cursor in the middle of your quick reply the post number goes where the cursor is and the text you have selected goes at the end of the message.

tl;dr bugged quoting mechanics

What? New vegas has the shittiest energy weapons. They all look fucking terrible, and have no advantage over guns because obsidian were too lazy to code bullet, laser and plasma damage separately. Not to mention all the caps you're gonna blow through repairing your energy weapons, since they never drop off enemies.

I don't think this gun has ever appeared in a single game before.

imfdb.org/wiki/M1_Carbine#M2_Carbine

That's kind of sad.

There's a BF2 mod that has it too, probably the Korean War one.

They're both shitty korean P2W games too

I still don't get the Gun or Energy Weapon divide. It is almost as bad Skyrim's One-handed or Two-handed divide.

In FO!/2, they are all separated by Small Gun, Big Gun, and Energy Weapon then you had Gatling Laser. What is it Energy Weapon or Big Gun?

Tell me more user?

That gun is the fucking shit in Day of Defeat: Source. I would go rocketeer just for that gun.

Also pic related. I wish more games had good parry/riposte systems.

moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

Other then a mod in New Vegas, I don't think these have ever appeared.

Bless you user.

hunting games

which ones?

Your taste is shit.

show us your refined taste then, faggorino

too bad the netcode is absolute garbage.
I have only seen slings elsewhere in CataclysmDDA and Neverwinter Nights.

ToME has slings, it even has a set of skills dedicated to slings. It's a pretty good rogue-like if you're into those. It's got a got bunch of different races&classes you can unlock so if you wanted you COULD be a skellyman that uses a sling. It also supports fanmade add-ons and stuff if the vanilla game just isn't enough. Oh, and it's free too.
Have some lore and skeleton shenanigans.
trying to unlock the skeleton is a pain however so if you don't want to go through of trouble of it just get the add-on that unlocks everything
te4.org/

M3? That's the Snooper Roofle in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Going for the big ones already?

guess you don't want them S ranks user
ammo costs money

Just don't get hit. I will say that's one thing I don't like about 4A still my favorite mecha game

But anyway I never see anyone style with Nevan or Lady

It is (or at least was) one of the best ranged weapons in NeoScavenger. Ammo everywhere, you can just unload on enemies at range until they pass out from pain or are disabled from damage. The larger rocks can break bones, to boot.

until i got tired of the maps i was in love with fear multiplayer, at some point it became apparent to me the AR was too easy with no downsides so i started using the penetrator. almost nobody else used it and those that did quickly switched back to something else
pinpoint accurate, pun intended. could kill in 2 headshots and handled armor well. if you werent getting headshots or otherwise abusing the perfect accuracy to nick people behind cover for example then it wasnt worth using and you might as well just use your babbyrifle.

Spread bazooka in ACFA was ridic. Hilarious damage, huge stun, not really that heavy, and easy to hit with. Downsides were the low ammo but you take what you can get.