Zero Time Dilemma

So, too complex for you?

I have yet to get around to playing it. It's on the backlog though.

Life is simply unfair but we gotta accept what's Delta.

It was a complex plan after all.

That joke is still better than the writing in ZTD.

ZTD started pretty good, story wise but it dropped the ball when the Transporter appeared.
The puzzles were okay at best.

I got close to finishing 999 before my emulator save data corrupted, and I never played Zero Escape.

I want to play this but I feel that I can't without going through the previous two games, which makes me a bit rustled. Why put this on steam without the prior two games?

I assume you mean Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Escape is the name given to the series.

Hey Holla Forums, who is best Zero?

They really did get lazy with those rotation and "fit all the shit in the box" puzzles. -and then there was that piece of shit cube one for C Team where you couldn't even make out what you were fitting together. Why did they make examining shit or just writing a memo so shit this time around?

I vote Zero III. I mean the rabbit of course.

Nigger the game prior to it was called 999. The second one was called Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward. Of course that's the one I'm talking about.

Just look at the red gas mask you logo… you… Delta nigger!

Hey, in 999, what logic is used to lock you into room 2 if you go into 3? I didn't finish the playthrough where I picked 3 because I had done 2 before.

So, would we get another sequel?
Do we NEED a sequel?

Door 3 is the shower right?
I'm pretty sure it's thoroughly explained but the gist of it is Junpei tricked them or something and no one trusts him anymore so he has to go with Jade and Seven through Door 2, provided I'm remembering correctly

I dunno why but that made me laught

I just quit right after door 3, so I wasn't sure. It was the last room I needed to do. It is the shower.

when's "Will you touch the cow?" edit of this

No, I just play games

U wot m8?

Oh, I forgot. Should I put off ZTD until I play VLR? No 3DS so I'm hoping for a PC port.

You probably didn't

What the hell happened with this game? It's just so incompetently written compared to his other stuff, and THAT's usually only par.

Yes, play VLR first. There will probably be a PC port before too long, since 999 got one

First one

Which one was that?

Guess I'll replay Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney games while I wait.

You could read Uchikoshi's other VNs, if you want

Not complex enough at all. ZTD had a fuckload of things to tie up and it just did its own barely related story. Only two endings are even related to VLR for fuck's sake, and none to 999.

I regret playing 999. The story is ridiculous and hamfisted and the twist makes no sense.

I think the only reason I don't like ZTD as much as the others is because it doesn't have a "holy shit" moment. It tries to, but it doesn't make any fucking sense, so it falls flat.

It doesn't help that it has to fill in the blanks from the previous games, either. The questions were just so much cooler than the answers. I almost wish they never got answered at all, but at the same time, it's nice to move on. Besides, the only reason it was made in the first place was because the fans got together and begged for it. Feels good to be listened too, and I know it made Uchikoshi happy.

Maybe. I did enjoy the writing. Especially making Ace mad with jokes in the coms room.

What about the twist didn't make sense?

> She also is Zero even though she is, again, dead.

I think it's in the infirmary or whatever. It was a cube that you made by placing the parts in six floaty areas and then telling the game to jam them together to attempt solving it. For some reason the took the item examination interface and made it even worse for this puzzle and it's all too small and otherwise hard to make out. There's multiple combinations that look right and it's just an annoyance just switch shit and keep guessing for what would be an insultingly easy puzzle if only you could see it.

Just about everything, the presentation and meta shit with the dual screen is what made it great, not the logic.

It makes sense in that her consciousness goes between timelines and she originally does die if I understand right. However for that to make sense then the failed timelines are paradoxes (which the writing seems aware of but doesn't do anything to justify it). So yeah, the overall plot doesn't make sense but it had a bunch of smaller fun ideas that made the ride fun.

The "Holy shit" moments in ZTD are always way too fucking convenient rather than actually making sense. And don't forget just retconning a bunch of parts from VLR AND making Quark essentially a wasted character slot.

Fuck ZTD

I totally thought Q would be Quark in some manner. I guess that would've been to on the nose. I'm still mad at how no one on Team Q was suspicious of the supposed deaf blind mute chosen to lead their team. I'd have likely killed the poor guy out of pity. Oh well, guess Delta was just mentally hacking them. What bullshit.

Speaking of, the first game worked because it was a stable time loop. As of VLR they attempt to create new timelines and multiverses and whatnot. Shouldn't those timelines already exist and only be a matter of shifting there if they want to so badly?

Now that both MGS and ZE have ended, what other story-heavy series should I play? (Except for AA6).

Breddy gud

Who else?

thats far better than I expected

he looks ready to fuck

I'd say the first one, though if I played VLR first I'd probably say Zero III.
The nonary game and Zero kind of lose a lot of the enigma after the first time. You realize it's just a different person using more or less the same method to achieve more or less the same goal

Thats kind of the point, the nonary game was explictly designed to be like the first two in order to develop sigmas abilty.

That's why it's so annoying. There's this huge disconnect between what the player knows and that the character you play as knows and as a result you're held up by your character.
I realize it would be horrendously complex to account for everything you or even Sigma should know and that's why they restrain it by saying only some memories transfer but the disconnect is still frustrating
As a funfact, this is more or less why amnesia is such a common plot element. If all the characters are up to speed with everything that's going on, there's no reason to explain it for the player

The amnesia thing is stupid a majority of the time. But when media doesn't use it, or just plain doesn't explain right away it is good.
The whole line of "Going Turbo" in wreck it ralph was perfect. They mentioned it a lot early on but since all the characters knew what it meant they didnt explain it and the viewers are left wondering. They finally did but it wasnt until later in the movie
People have to stop using the amnesia thing as a gimmick since you can write good stories without using that as a crutch.

weebshit movie, not sure if it belongs on /a/ Holla Forums or Holla Forums but it aint here

This is fucking great

I want to fuck Zero the 3rd, not his bunny avatar but the Quantum Computer

The first zero has basically no presence. He qualifies has a threat but not as a character. Lagomorph was Monokuma but better. Brother was, like most of ZTD, perfectly good until the reveal. So all in all, I'll have to pick Lagomorph.

Too bad the game was rushed and had no budget. There was clearly some thought and passion in the project but they barely scraped by. A fucking miracle that it even exists.

Gave me a good laugh.

The shit presentation turned me off it so I haven't played it in a few weeks. I'm at the part where the branches split off after the first decision. Shit and stiff animation and too much menu hopping from scene to scene instead of the visual novel format the previous two games had. Massive turn off, I can't stand it.

I agree with you.
I wish they had done what 999, sprites with defiend poses and drawings for the important moments.

They couldn't afford based Kinu Nishimura anymore so they had some westaboo make the art design and some poor fucker had to make animations with no reference.

(checked)
I sort of like this one

Ah man that sucks, the game has the feel like their reach exceeded the grasp and they couldn't afford a lot of the things they wanted to do so that's why is so fragmented. I'll try and force my way through it, I need an end to the story.

It does look pretty neat. I wonder why the trap/device looks different in the game and why Diana is acting all creepy.

It is pretty cool.
You can make Diana act creepy though, well, you can make her start touching Sigma

I had assumed "going turbo" was supposed to be game humor, like it was supposed to be an extreme or manic behavior.

No, stop, you madman. Only despair lies this way.

fixed

Just powered through the game last night, and I have to say… I don't really care for it.

On top of this I personally didn't care for the fragment system, I felt like it was too easy to miss a tiny detail and get locked up for a while. And the absolute worst part is that there wasn't really an ending. Radical-6 wasn't released but now LOLNUCLEARHOLOCAUST and everyone is just happ;y and determined. Don't fucking end your trilogy on this kind of shitty hook you buncha chinks.

But to end on a positive note I do appreciate them offering dual-audio, as the english VAs were fucking terrible.

I thought she didn't due the fact that would cover her in blood and would have no way to clean herselfs but now that you mention it….

This is a crime against opportunity.

It was the Bioshock Infinite of the series.

It was not like that at all. The respective issues aren't even close to comparable.

So does it ruin the series' story?

Bioshock one was pretty good.
Bioshock 2 was meh.
Infinite was shit.

I thought VLR already destroyed what good 999 was as a standalone.

It starts okay but it drops the ball horribly by the end and it makes VLR irrelevant

So are most trilogies, that's not enough to say ZTD was like Infinite.

Hey Holla Forums, what was your favorite moment in whole series?

Luna - END
At least ZTD made good on the Sigma/Luna relationship, unlike the Sigma/Phi one

I smoked a lot of weed and finished the last few chapters this morning. Breddy gud/10, didn't expect it was the old guy in the corner