Try Civ V mods out

This is fine

I have over 700 hours and I just got into mods

Do you think, now in retrospect, that you could have spent that time better?

Nope

is that a cum slurpee

You better settle on that hill where the scout is you nigger.

Well then go ahead, install the Community Patch and see Civ5 how it should have been and also acquire slightly better taste in the process.

Japan did it. So can you.

probably

Japan needed a lot of help.

you speak as if it really is that simple.

How many separate components are there for that mess again? Isn't it up to 4 or 5 now? And you can only install one part if you want to still get achievements? And doesn't it introduce instability?

Yeah, no.

Different user? but can you tell me how much it fixed is the game?
**the stock game is almost fun with lots of silly fictional civs."

Testing to see if I was banned as requested.

Here's your (you)

There's one almost-idiot-proof installer.

No.

One.

Who gives a shit anyway?

I tried going back to civ4 after playing some 5 for a while but holy shit the game looks so dated now I couldnt even do it, despite the superior gameplay

I was the opposite, I went back to 4 after 5.
Civ 3 is still better than 4 in some parts, but Civ4's music is the comfiest shit.

Civ5's music just devolves into a mix of samey bullshit because it tries to stick to its own civ flavor.

I dont understand all the love of Civ V.

I think Endless Legends is more fun, and superior. The music is the fucking best too. Way better than some of the music in Civ V.

Speaking of Civ 3, anyway to play it in windowed mode?

i liked the map look in civ5 but every time i play it i'm just reminded of how much worse it is than the predecessor

Linuxfags everyone

I'm not using Linux

Shit I love me some Civ4. I recently got back into Civ after not playing it for a couple years, installed some Civ 5 mods. Tried playing a game and got bored halfway through.

Went back to civ 4 and installed realism invictus and a brave new world: a new dawn and started up a game in each an holy shit I have an extra few hundred hours down now from how good both of those are.

I can't get into EL. Something about the one city per province thing just rubs me the wrong way. In Civ I tend to hold up in a corner of the map and spam out tech/culture/troops. In EL I get some faggot settling right next to me almost immediately and taking the good provinces
At least in civ if an AI settles close, you can swoop a city right next to his and steal the resources

I don't sea your problem.

step it up you nigger.

its trash nigga.

I don't understand how anyone can play Civ, at least singleplayer. Is it the randomly generated map part?

Civ V, especially with Brave New World, is the first time Civilization isn't primarily a war game. Nobody ever talks about how you no longer spend most production cycles shitting out troops.

Most people don't seem to remember that most Civ IV games ended in either the Renaissance or Classical Eras.

Civ 3 is the worst game by a massive margin. It came at that troubled time when they were switching from sprites to three dimensional model.s

Civ 3 invented Infinite City Syndrome. Civ 3 invented Doomstacks. Civ 3 created all the problems that Civ 5 had to fix.

Island nations are easier to take and control, nippon nigger. Also, sauce? I've got yellow fever.

I dunnno some twitter bitch.

I'd give it a 6/10, Satan. Above average but isn't something to call home about.

I'd still fuck it.

Civ III has great music and was based on the same engine as Alpha Centauri.
Alpha Centauri is still a better game.

Better than IV, yeah. Not sure about V, but it does have the advantage of being original compositions. Baba Yetu's still the best track from any Civ game.

I won't dispute Alpha Centauri, but that's in a league of its own. The only problem I have with it is the terrible UI and the worst expansion any Firaxis game has ever had.

Yeah that looks good what's your problem OP? Your capital is guaranteed to be unassualtable.

Japan isn't an insanely small, shitty island though. Strategy games can't properly show the immense size of real life locations.

Nigger what? Alien Crossfire was pretty good

None of the new factions fit the tone or lore of the original game, most egregious being the Cult of Planets, the Data Hackers, and the Aliens.

Additionally, balance was royally borked. The aliens started with massively overpowered units (at least at the time they enter the game) and can effortlessly roll over their nearest neighbor without a fight. One of the new factions is so massively overpowered that it overshadows every other choice, both the original eight yes, even the Firaxians and the other expansion factions. Pic very related.

In a game all about early expansion, the Nautilus Pirates get the oceans of planet on a silver platter. Every tile is immediately useful and nobody can compete with them until the mid-game, at least. For all of Beyond Earth's many, many flaws, at least Firaxis made water expansion risky, especially early on.

I still have my alpha centauri manual.

Its older than most people on this board.

I thought the Free Drones fit pretty well.

Agreed, I have been playing since Civ 1 and I basically skipped Civ 3 and went back to playing Civ 2 until Civ 4 was released.

i wish master of magic instead of civ

Civ 3 was absolute shit and a chore to play. Even on easier difficulties if you weren't constantly expanding you would get boxed in by the other civs and overrun, but you didn't always have the production capacity to keep building settlers to expand (and the troops to protect new cities). Then if you end up stabilizing later on in the mid game it's like trench warfare of the borders if you even decide to go to war, and you better hope you ended up with some strategic resources on your land or you'll be stuck with a bunch of infantry in fortresses trying to defend an onslaught.

Not to mention if you're in a good government for economy and research, your cities will go apeshit if you end up being at war, and it's not exactly like you can end the war whenever you feel like it so your cities will go bonkers while you can do nothing to stop it. So you essentially have to preemptively switch governments before deciding if you want to go to war with someone just to keep the population in control.

I don't think I'd go that far, but I've slowly come to accept that Civ 4 is the superior game. And I say this as a guy who likes Civ 3.

Which is kind of a shame given that it's centered around being that.

Nah breh, SMAC had that.

Nah, but it did make them worse by having no way to damage the entire stack.

TBH the corruption bullshit was a lot worse than either.

S-strategy?!?

It's not strategy if another civ is the one declaring war on you, leaving you stuck with rioting cities when that makes absolutely no fucking sense. Cities in the US aren't going to suddenly riot if we're under attack or at war, people certainly weren't rioting when we were at war during WWII.

The picture isn't though.

It's not that bad.You just need to wait for embarkation.And you have a wonder near the city.

Fucking make it work, you're already on easy mode.

im fine with that

But that's a feature of ALL Civ games. It was at its worst in IV, in fact. I tended to either finish games in the Rennaisance/Early Industrial or just drop them entirely because the late game was so slow and tedious.

Oh, don't forget the UN resolutions that forced you into the worst Civics in the game or global warming randomly ruining your best territory.

I found it to be far worse in 5, because moving every unit every step of the way. And yeah, UN always being 1 vote higher than yours was a joke.

Sure it is. You gambled and lost.
But yeah, getting war weariness on the defense is balls. If the point was to nerf warmongers, making war weariness result from units dying outside your cultural borders would have worked better.

…yeah…so?

Thanks for reminding me, I just might play the Atlantis scenario again

The problem with War Weariness is that the AI just flat out ignores the penalties. While you'll be reeling from a prolonged war, they'll be completely unaffected.

Part of this is just because of the sheer number of production bonuses AI get on higher levels- even if every citizen is on strike, they can still shit out doomstacks.

What the fuck. The game is so bad too. Maybe try some real strategy games?

You set fast movement and fast combat and the waiting was orders of magnitude better.

G+K made it decent and BNW made it good. I'm okay with that.

This. Civ 4 looks terrible.

It's mainly the fog of war looking complete garabage, just being a black void.

Cute.

AI exceptions are a necessary evil. There's no way an AI/ML-AI within at least the next 20 years can compete on even grounds with a human player, so designers either give the AI exceptions which let it perform evenly with a player.

Nigger, you can rush navy tech and be ready to sail off the island long before you make a settler.