When will DC stop making shit batman rehashes and use good heroes to make good games?

When will DC stop making shit batman rehashes and use good heroes to make good games?
Apparently with Arkham Asylum DC was planning on releasing a Superman and Flash game but they never got finished.

I just like to run around a city as a superhero at ultra speed smashing stuff fighting cartoony bad guys.

Also what are the chances of spiderman being good?

Dank meme
I hope you don't watch Shounen and think you are superior in any way.

This is what the Flash videogame looked like. I have no idea if it was going to be decent though.

That's not capeshit, it's actually good, and japanese.

Name me a hero better than Pic related outside DC user.

Yes it is. In fact I feel sorry for any casual who watches it and misses all of the comic book references.
It's your average "Capeshit". Even the creator of it agrees that cape is great. Stupid race traitor.

You're going full retard.

Are you retarded or just pretending to be?

The one that actually got a TV show.

I'm sorry not everyone on this board is jewish kike.

You are the same as those retarded casuals who have their first Mecha be TTGL and say all other mecha is bad while not even understanding the things TTGL is referencing.
Fucking casuals.

Capeshit is literally garbage produced for the goyim, I don't care for it.

But Plastic man did get a TV show. In fact a TV show and a series of shorts. Stupid casual don't spout shit you don't know about.

I haven't cared much about capeshit until I played Arkham Asylum. It was really fun. City isn't as great but still had fun. Are the others at least okay?

Nigger it's the exact opposite of casual. It is niche, requires a lot of time and investment to understand and normalfags hate it.

No, the first 2 are the only good ones.

You are like those faggots who play Dark souls and think you are hardcore.

I didn't realize Holla Forumsyim were that stupid.

Dank reading comprehension. Not only are you casual but apparently underage too.

lol

I knew Holla Forums was filled with Plebs but this is amazing.

I'm just not jewish or a cuck kikel.

Kek.

Rereading The Dark Knight Returns right now, just read All-Star Superman and Kingdom Come again. Holy shit this is so damn good.

I want to get into The Flash, any tips on where to start?

One Punch Man is brilliant. Too bad the anime was a let down in comparison

Way to make an insult that has no sense in the context of the overall argument, retard.

Yes. Start reading pic related and keep going all the way up until the end 2nd of the second volume. Definitely one of the best runs if not the best run of the 90s.

I could even story time the first few issues if you want.
Keep in mind it isn't as serious and a lot less silly compared to what you might be used to. At least at first until things get serious.

At least it ain't a chinese rip off of it.

>capeshit

Don't listen to this user.

Wew

This is retarded. Anyone who only reads/views something from a single country is a pathetic idiot. Especially if said something is from a country you don't even live in. You are doing yourself a disservice by missing out on all of the good shit different countries produce.

>tfw no wonder loli game

Fug :DDD

I know you are just trying to shitpost your boredom away but pics related are some of the best comics (yes that includes jap comics as well) created of all time.
And then there is Hellboy, Kingdom come, Judge Dredd, ect.
Because Manga is so easily available to read online so many people are too lazy to actually read some quality shit and are ignorant and show everyone around them their ignorance.

No one's falling for it.

That's okay, I could use some silliness after all this GRIM and DARK.

I know you're memeing, but

There are two reasons nobody has ever made a good Superman game:

1. Flight
2. Health

Nobody has made a Superman game yet where flying around actually feels good and isn't a pain in the ass to control. Also, nobody has made a system for failure that makes sense. Superman can't die from being shot at by gangsters, that makes no sense. He can die from magic or after being weakened by the light of a red sun but that can't be everywhere. Superman Returns had a health bar for the city instead: if the city took too much damage Superman got sad and it was game over, but that was retarded.

I also hear the current running flash comic is good but you probably wouldn't understand anything without reading anything from pic related.

Haven't they reset the multiverse a couple of times since any of those stories?

Imho solving the Superman issue is very simple:
Just make a game where Superman is only hurt by powered mooks and bosses, random mooks like gangsters or robbers or whatever obviously can't hurt him. You'll say "but then what's the point of having them in the game?" The point is that they can't hurt you, but they can (and they will) hurt civilians, so you have to be fast and strong to eliminate the threat before anyone gets hurt or worse. Higher difficulties could add that you also can't kill mooks otherwise you'll fail the mission/random encounter.
Like i said Superman can only be hurt by powered mook or bosses, and that's when the combat comes into play, so the usual life bar and combos and stuff. Also the no killing rule with bosses is what gives you "bad" endings or "good" endings.

Yes but then they unreset it because turns out resetting the universe so casuals will understand doesn't work because they wont buy the issues anyway.
Basically.
>Flash runs so fucking fast that the entire universe is rebooted Just like at the end of Jojos part 6

Why not have it be score based? Like, sure getting hit isn't a real threat, but it's better for the people of Metropolis to see Superman shrug off powerful hits instead of flying into buildings. Maybe some sort of action game with a "brace" command in place or addition to a dodge?

I thought about that, but i don't think that from a casual pov (the kind of people hyped for whatever arkham game comes out because it's batman xdxd!!) scores will make the player interested in not simply destroy everyone and everything. There must be a cinematic and something something consequence to like the daily planet's globe crashing on the streets because you haven't caught it, just a negative score would make people go "yeah whatevs fam lol".

>Dodge button is Take a Dive button where you need to pretend being hit non-fatally bullets, punches, explosions and hammers

You're retarded aren't you?

Spent the first ten years of my life reading hundreds, if not thousands of comics but I can tell you now: only Spiderman, Batman, and Superman has had good spin offs and arcs and whatnot. The only comic shit I've ever fully enjoyed was Dredd. Save this shit for Holla Forums, retard.

Serious?
Also the OP was videogame related. You can't get mad because of the random tangents that happen in a thread.

Pic related is one of the most underrated issues in history. Easily goes beyond Killing Joke.

Degenerate garbage, the only "good" thing about it is 'The Dream Hunters', aka that one graphic novel Amano did ching chong art for.

The question was vague and generic, hence the shitposting you see happening. Nobody here follows capeshit vidya, and nobody here gives a rat's ass about capeshit. Holla Forums would know way more about capeshit vidya.

Shounen has the charm of capeshit while being more appealing to me personally in every way

Are you serious faggot?
Pics related are some of Holla Forums's favorite vidya.
How come I don't see you complaining in the Jojos thread we always have?

Usagi was written by a fat weeb and the dialogue is ass (I am ADAMANT* about this) Y: The Last Man is awful and features a cast of characters less likeable than Preacher's which is saying a lot. TAS has its moments but is otherwise 700 issues of shit.
I liked Sandman but it's just meta pandering with deepest lore. At least it's not as bad as the Unwritten.

spiderman 2 is a given because it's an actual good game, but seriously? Are you retarded or do you just have shit taste in all forms of entertainment?

Shounen has to toe the line between complete cancer and actual quality coming of age writing. Most of the time it ends up being the former with tons of shit filler and bullshit complication. A GOOD example of shounen would probably be Initial D, though I have yet to read the manga. First Stage does an amazing job of raising the stakes realistically while setting up other players in the game looking for a shot at the champ.

The only good capeshit vidya is Spiderman 2 and Ultimate Spiderman, along with the good atmosphere Spiderman 1 on the PS2 set up. The 2 spiderman games on the PSX also come to mind. Regardless, those games are complete flukes considering the complete garbage that normally comes out of the genre. All the good capeshit vidya has been done, so nobody here is going to give a fuck about what happens next or about capeshit in general.

Well then you don't browse very much because it's posted all the time whenever anyone mentions Sanbox games.

CoH was legitimately a good game. Still miss it. Nothing like other MMOs, for example most support classes weren't just healers, they had to shield allies and disrupt enemies.

you're doing nothing to convince me, tell me how does this hot bar game differ from another hotbar game. really, maybe try playing a good game and you might see why despite it standing out from other mmo's it's sort of like the odd unique shit you took one time that you wish you could take again compared to the usual mess.

Also:
What the fuck is this? Since when is JoJo a western superhero with his own comics? May as well throw in the dude from Death Note and the faggot from Eva at that point.

Also Marvel vs Capcom has the word marvel in it faggot.

No one said it was stupid. Your reading comprehension is terrible. People are wondering why would anyone complain about a thread talking about super hero games not being vidya related when there are Jojo threads up all the time.

i'm only in it for the waifus

Because those are JoJo vidya generals you mong. Regardless I scroll past them because I have yet to finish the first season.

Is that why to this day you see people asking for a new good Hulk game again?

You must have autism to think that because you don't like something other people on Holla Forums also don't like it.

And this is a cape vidya thread.
Also
Fucking casual shit.

There are no good comic book heroes, just as there is no good shounen.

Oh and the lego batman games were good.

Same with Batman Brave and the Bold for wii.

if it's not cute girls doing cute things, i'm not reading it - so i'm safe.
plus, the whole 'different writer, different artist' thing makes every run seem like fanfiction instead of canon.

Here you go

Why?

Wonder Woman is probably the easiest hero in DC to make a great Game in DC. It's a pure shame it would most likely either get dragged by Alt-Right MRA or Feminist SJW Faggotry immediately.

They'll never stop making Batman rehashes because Batman is known as the guy who can beat anyone. I'm not saying it's good writing because it most certainly isn't, but no one wants to play as the guys Batman has shown up.

Has Batman ever beaten The Flash? I know Barry has bested Batman before.
Having Batman beat superman however is fucking retarded.

Didn't Batman take on the whole Justice League at some point? I don't follow western comics anymore but I remember Batman in a shitty iron man suit taking everyone on, and at the very end he spat kryptonite in Superman's eye or something. Flash just slipped on some shit he left on the ground. Point is that being anyone but Batman is being a discount superhero.

It's probably for the best superhero games aren't popular. I just know they'd pull in the writers of the comicbooks and, well, I think we're all familiar with comicbook writing's state these days.

Could'a been good.

I'd have preferred you'd move slower but when you ran time slows down for everyone else. That way you have greater control over your movements.

Jay would like a word with you

Saints Row 4 does that really well. Rest of the game is boilerplate.

Has Mr. Miracle or Orion ever even been playable?

Old Squirrel Girl.

Outside DC? I can only think of one.

Best DC hero is pic related.

The main problem Saints Row 4 has is that it recycled assets without thinking, so you'd always clip on the ledges of the buildings windows and roofs when trying to jump up the buildings.

Shit was real annoying.

That's a weird looking Red Skull.

I know that it's possible to make a good Superman game.

Batman is a good super hero.
With a dose of silly.

Agreed.

who has the rights for conan ?
conan is badass hero with shit games too

This whole thread soft-triggers me a bit
Why do so many people hate anything related to superheroes?
Is it just a meme to spout out "capeshit" every time you get a chance to do so?

Also, how casual do you have to be to prefer the rainbow colored superheroes of Marvel to DC?
Sure Marvel has some epic characters like Hyperion, Thanos, Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Magneto and the symbiotes, but other than those, like 70% of marvel's heroes or villains are straight up garbage that are not interesting whatsoever
Pretty much every single character in DC universe is much more deep and interesting, and because there isnt a shitton of them, it makes it feel far more reasonable universe, compared to Marvel, that could fill a whole city with it's heroes.

Come on son…

Red Skull isn't a "super" hero, he's the sort of down to earth everyman hero in whose footsteps we should all follow. To call him "super" makes his completely reasonable ideals seem unattainable!

I think it's less about the actual comics and more a hatred of the "cape" industry itself mostly because it's fucking crap. Everything will be retconned, no story will ever finish, no character developments will ever occur, series turn into a bunch of disconnected arcs written by different authors, art is horribly inconsistent, neither the marvel nor DC universes make any sense (they take the real world and put superheroes in it rather than making a universe with superheroes), they pander to people who don't read comics for the sake of public perspective, and actively show animosity to those that do. The sad part is this it's true for most cape comics.

Just reread A Superman For All Seasons and man would I kill for a good Superman game

Capeshit companies murdered the American comics market in the 30's with the CCA. Even without being pozzed by SJWs I've learned to hate it all since it they were always a liberal's wet dream, a hero that could beat up any bad guy so you could continue the "bystander effect" without giving a damn about your surroundings or reality.

Because of shit like this. This is what it has become. Recycled plots hamfisted with social commentary trying to force an agenda rather than entertain.

i have had this term explained to me many times and i still don't understand it

Can't wait to read up some more dated pop culture references

Hue

Question was tight as hell, though. I want a game where I can play as him.

Even if you ignore all that retarded shit every story and every character has no attachment as everything ends up being just fine in the end. This leads to the writers using even more meaningless twists to keep their already shrinking readership together.

It's when a man explains something, and because men are innately sexist and want to keep proud womyn down, men explaining something is thus innately sexist and done solely to keep proud womyn down.

tldr mansplaining is men talking.

DC heroes outside of Batman are all gay as fuck the only Marvel hero as gay as DC heroes is that fag from Avengers, the fag who was a robot but isn't anymore, fuck he's gay.

It's just a way to win an argument you are clearly losing, wait a sec and I will give you an example.

Mansplaining: Using logic to attempt to explain something, which is of course forbidden to feminists.

When did Super Girl get so fat?

like the words make sense, but the mindset it take to make up a term like mansplaining is beyond me

to be so fucking petty that you need a word specifically for saying "you're probably right but i just don't like you or the way you said it" is beyond me.

It's not supergirl, it's some new obese heroine.

closest rational definition i've come across is

when a man assumes a woman doesn't know something because it's a man thing, and continues to explain to her in a condescending manner.

Apparently she's actually well written, which is would explain why I've never actually heard anyone make fun of it except on the reveal.

Since when is type 2 diabetes a superpower?

I'd bet my left nut she's dating, not married to because marriage is a tool of the patriarchy used to keep women enslaved, to some buff handsome man too.

No, that would be because no one reads her comic.

Basically men aren't allowed to make women feel dumb, because that's sexist.

That's not real… right?

The few people who do barely post anything amazing out of the pages, only the bad ones get shitposted to hell because people outside of comics pick up on it.

Real and canceled. I heard it was canceled anyway.

Marvel or DC?

Because a man tripped over a cat he gains superhuman dexterity, an appetite for mice, and the ability to kill or preserve any lifeforms inside certain boxes. He decides to use these abilities to stop bank robberies and muggings. The end.

I think it was Marvel.

Well as a former DC fan I'm at least thankful for that. God damn though. I'd seen some of Marvel's recent shit, but that is just blatant feminist propaganda.

Yeppers. Much laughter was had by it over on Holla Forums.

It definitely is, the majority of blatantly unfitting or outright bad SJW shit in comics is mainly by Marvel. When it comes to DC you actually don't notice much when they do it because they tend to not be faggots about it. The mansplaining one is the shit from DC that gets posted the most but usually you don't see much else but with the Frank Cho debacle lord knows what's gonna happen.

pic related is someone working at Marvel.

Uh, I mean to say "Yeppers, it's realsies."

Another choice quote from this dumbfuck.

Don't you mean Barry? I thought it was Jay-Barry-Wally-Bart

pepsiman

This one actually fits better than the actual dialog. Man Power Pack's final arc was shit

Reminder the "Men in Comics" guy is Walt Simonson, a well loved author who isn't even remotely controversial. That is who Kate Leth and Comics Alliance hate

By that logic everyone should hate videogames because of the random SJWs that are apart of it.

Because it's the most entertaining.
It's like wondering why people with stands fight each other rather than use them for scientific purposes.

Except there are exceptions to this.
For example The Flash died for 24 years

Holy shit you got that wrong as fuck. Batman is by far the most gay hero in DC. Stupid casual and their bat cock sucking. Batfag is hardcore gay for Joker and Joker is hardcore gay for Batman. I wont even mention the young boys he takes into his batcave.

Why aren't you faggots hyped?

I like how the Disney Marvel Studios shit doesn't actually fuck with the characters(to the ire of SJWs with shit like #givecaptainamericaaboyfriend or whatever that way), but the actual comic division is POZZED as fuck.

CN will fuck it up somehow, i just know it.

Considering how hard DC has been trying to turn it's whole universe into batman it won't happen anytime soon.

I had hopes that DCUO would be that game… but we all know how that shitshow ended.

I'd kill for them to just take Arkham City, re-skin it, and replace Batman with the JSA with hero switch off points I'd be in heaven.

Especially if you could do things like call a hero with a needed power to get you past certain obstacles. Can you imagine using quick travel as, like, wildcat and to fly around Cyclone shows up and moves you around? or for someone like Citizen Steel you have to have Starman

Would also be fun to have a game that has characters like Lightning, Jakeem Thunder, or Judo master as playable characters to shove them in the raceswap faggots faces.

not Amazing Man though, fuck him

CN will cancel it after the first season if it's good but at least that is one season to look forward to.

nice to know you started reading comic books an hour ago

DC is riding the sjw-gay agenda harder than anyone. Their heroes are all being turned into niggers or homos

I can only think of one who who got nigged and he got changed back.

name one main comic character that happened to in DC
cuz i can name a pretty good number off the top of my head for marvel, i don't even need google

Does Green Arrow count?

Almost, but he was always a hippie.
He tells Captain Atom "I marched against things like you in college." in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon.

Green Arrow is an SJW but not written by an SJW writer. There is a big difference and I don't mind the writers exploring GA trying to deal with his belief system vs reality.

Okay so which superhero would you consider interesting? Because I think most of them are not as deep as people think they are.

I for example like batman and I think the problem with those games is not batman but the fact that the games themselves suck, they would suck just as badly with other characters.

Same here. The appeal of super speed isn't just personally moving super fast in an otherwise normal speed world, it's my speed feeling normal while everything slows way down. In other words, it's your physical movement AND entire thought process speeding up. In fact, I would say faster reactions would be the more important aspect overall. A game can't make my actual brain work a thousand times faster, but it can make everything in the game itself slow down, which would effectively be giving me exactly what I want anyway.

Instead that just had a character who moved fast, which puts it with Sonic games as far as completely missing the appeal of super speed.

And besides that, Flash wasn't moving remotely as fast as he could there. Of course, nobody could possibly play a game where your character did move at Flash speeds, since he'd easily be across the whole in-game city in less than a frame. So really, slowing the world down while Flash moved at normal speeds is the only way a game could portray anything close to Flash's true speed anyway.

Oh, do you have some counterpoint to the fact that batman has been getting more and more books about him, his rogues gallery and the bat family while every other book is becoming far more dark and serious in tone?

And, yeah that might not be the case now, I havent touched DC since they did that new 52 shit. So my opinion is probably wrong.

But I just really want an open world JSA game where I can play as a hero and call on my buddies for contextual acts around the city. Don't you want to play as Hour man and call up Alan Scott Green Lantern to help get hostages out of a building while you work to keep it from collapsing?

It's supposed to be the condescending tone men can take with men…

But that's just being condescending, so instead it's just a buzzword mean to imply anything men say is mean and hurtful despite being factual

flash also has three arms apparently

i think thats supposed to be hal's hand but its red

I think you're thinking of Marvel. DC is actually trying to shake off that sjw shit - they cancelled Sensation Comics a while back. They still have a few writers neck-deep in koolaid like Rucka that they've yet to get rid of, but they don't yet hire literal tumblr artists like Kate Leth and the "cheese lasagna" man.

This is the most irritating thing about Superman. Actions speak louder than words.

But batman is the only good DC hero.
The rest is gay rainbow garbage.

kek.

In fact, I dare anyone to name a more gay popular cape in the DC universe than Batfag.

That isn't even counting the gay shit he does with The Joker weekly.

Fucked up my post.

you're reading the wrong comics
that nigger can solo kill whoever he wants to

Well is it incest?

Gonna bump this so I can read it and comment onit before it disappears.

You just described Spiderman, maybe the Flash, and Daredevil.
Less characters than you'd think fit into that particular mold.

I'd say one of the biggest issues is that ever since Arkham Asylum came out people have plum forgot how to make superhero games that aren't just 'faggot with gadgets'. I'm just going to fucking say it: Batman isn't a goddamn 'super' hero. Other problem is people trying to adapt existing systems and the whole thing coming off as a cheap reskin, I'd say the biggest example of this is Infamous. The whole game handles like a third person shooter, every single weapon you have has a third person shooter analog, you aim with L1 and fire your pistol with R1, your rocket launcher with triangle, grenades (literally electricity grenades) with circle, and on and fucking on. Your only movement powers are the goofy parkour shit Ass Creed has made standard in open world games. The only power that doesn't have a TPS analog is the rotatable static electricity shields you get at the very, very end of the game. Even Star Wars games do a better job of making you feel superhuman.

I'd say the last game I played that actually felt like a superhero game in the sense that you are far, far stronger and handle way differently than any of the mortals around you was Prototype. Say what you want about that game but it was great at making you feel powerful, which I guess makes sense since it was made by the Hulk Ultimate Destruction guys.

Speaking of DC games, how good is dc universe?

It was decent when I played it…six years ago or so. The combat is like a real shitty action game but even the worst action game is better than the best MMORPG. Shame the writing is so damn blah but, whatever, it's videogames.

I played when it first came out as well. I was thinking of getting back into it with the new changes to recreate my old character that was pretty much a bandit from STALKER. I saw one of the new powers was munitions and that fits perfectly.