Did you beat it with 0 deaths?

Did you beat it with 0 deaths?

No.

I find it strange though. There's like 50 zelda games, and this was the one I owned as a kid and nobody else played it. Everyone was playing the n64 version. Now I see it posted all over here as one of the top tier zelda games.

The main thing I remember was being stuck for fucking ages on this one temple because you had to kill the enemies in a specific order in one room.

I was one of those kids who would turn the gameboy off on the rare death. I couldn't stand to see link die and hear the music.

I've never played it.

Of course. I did it for Marin.

Bump

Bump

The fucking star shaped water temple room I bet. Me too, brother.

Link's Awakening was my first Zelda, (And one I've always held in high regard.) and from what I've seen a few others who came here were in a similar position. It may be going through it's Majora's Mask moment. Where people start appreciating the game much, much later.

That and the marin dlc is probably brought a bit of attention back to it.

Can't you just … never come back?

Probably. I played it that many times it would have been more unusual for me not to beat it with 0 deaths, I loved that fucking game. The original anyway, I don't remember owning DX, though it's possible I did.

Bump

Bump

Steal from the shop multiple times, at least. Which means you can't steal the Shovel.

I would've thought of the room in the second dungeon.

I had an awful time with the Genie boss of that dungeon as a kid for some reason.

Bump

FUCK EAGLE TOWER

also yeah, I gave Marin her dream

Easy dungeon. Turtle Rock always confused me, I always seemed to get stuck.

You just need one theft to get the THIEF photograph. Return afterwards and you die.

It makes sense to buy the shovel, then steal the bow because it costs fucking 980 and kills bosses fast

It was the second dungeon I'm pretty sure. Whichever one is in that swamp behind 5 things you have to destroy with chainchomp to get in.

I was too poor to own a gaming console.

It was hard af nigga. I really just didn't know what to do though. Action Adventure games like this on the GB were either piss easy or fuggin hard for me. FFA and this rocked my shit and I could never get far in them.

Is DX just colored LA or is there more of a difference?

Jumping spin attacks kill bosses faster.

DX took out a couple of bugs.

It has an extra dungeon which uses color as its gimmick. At the end of the dungeon you can choose between a blue tunic that halves the damage you take and a red tunic that doubles the damage you deal. I would guess that there's other changes too, but maybe only more subtle things.

Also, the stone tablets are changed into owl statues and owl beaks.

nigga I beat every Zelda with 0 deaths. It's about as difficult as fucking a tied up and helpless fairy fagboy.

Yes
If I ever decided to speed run a game, it would be this one.

No, didnt have a reason to do it and there were other games i needed to play.

I've never died in ANY Zelda game.

I beat it with zero lifes.

Of course. AND I got all the secret seashells, too fuck those god damn motherfucking seashells, they're a fucking goddamn pain in the fucking ass

If I recall, you had to collect the gift at 5 and 15, otherwise the L-2 sword was lost forever.

I also remember there being a few spots that either appeared (or disappeared?) based on a certain condition

In the original game yes, the remake added a couple more that you could randomly dig up, thus letting you get the L-2 sword.