EDF! EDF! EDF! THREAD 3

ALRIGHT YOU APES! DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?!

Last one hitting bump limit. Look for VDF rooms to play with anons. We also need a good avatar for the steam group below. Post em if you got them.

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/VDFInfinite

For people that can't buy this game. You must use SmartSteamEmu for this
-
1) Download this shit
mega.nz/#!oxZkVJrK!UnghkMURcERCBXaOS2zxcumNh3l6hv5ilmT-PXGi7QA
2)Extract it all on your EDF4.1 folder, replace steam_api64.dll
3)Open SmartSteamEmu, and drag EDF41.exe onto it, make sure that "Status of steam_api.dll" makres steam_api64.dll as verified.
4)Type "410320" into Game App Id, then press save.
5) Go to File > Settings, set SteamID to "PersonaName" and Name to whatever you want to be displayed as to other people. Hit save and you're done setting up. Right click on EDF's icon if you want to make a shortcut without needing to open SSE.
6) Start the game and go into the online mode and after a minute lobbies should appear. You can also use Shift+Tab to use invites and what not. Some lobbies work and some others don't, not sure what the deal is, but you're not actually paying for the game so don't complain. It works perfectly in-game.
-
2 important things:
Of course, if you have been playing it as admin, it wont detect the save files after turning admin off, and i dont know how to transfer them without getting corrupt save errors.
Anyway, thats what i have been using and it works, but the lobbies you see are different from the Steam ones

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/GhkXq
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=w
dailymotion.com/video/x31r66r
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Would anyone oppose a VDF discord channel? Or even a general Holla Forums discord?

Only if you stop comparing the shit-tier US army to the glory that is EDF.

Playing and reading these threads make my day. EDF! EDF! But I have played enough for today, still no Walking Fortress Balam drops goddamn. 3rd day is the charm I guess.

ONLINE FIX WHEN?

fucking niggers

If by now you don't understand that Holla Forums is dumb as shit i don't know what to tell you

Fucking terrible bait.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people here bought EDF.

I threw it up on the OP because some people don't have the money for now. Most will buy it to support it.

Holy shit, burger, try developping some skin. Let me explain the bantz to you. The EDF is literally the ideal form of an army. Anything IRL is inferior to it. It's not that complicated.

Either you're retarded or have never seen Starship Troopers. In either case I came here to laugh at you.

BTW the game is for 25€ in G2P last time I checked. I am out of dosh till Tuesday so I hope the price stays the same.

That was a Starship Troopers quote you fuck, and the Federation in ST is a global government structure composed of all of humanity you IGNORANT HACK.

The rule is to wait until the previous thread is past 700 posts or on page 13, newfag.

That's only if it becomes a general thread. if not it auto sages. Learn the rules of the board.

Playing with 2 friends on hard, we're at mission 26 and we've at worst had to try a mission thrice to pass.

Should I bump up the difficulty from hard to hardest?

Also Fencer was a bit of a disappointment, it's supposed to be a slow tank with tonnes of firepower but the only real way to survive is to use the cancel and dash around the place, in which case you become a faster non-flying wing diver.

How you use that one? I just keep dashing or using jumpboost and dash.
I'm also a fag who dual wield Gatling guns as Fencer.

There is a bunch of them already and the last one Mark tried to shill failed I think.

I still think its the lack of thermal paste, but goddamn, the CPU is definitely killing my performance for some reason

Fuck man, I just want to play this game without the framerate going to shit everytime I call in the Charon rape train

Dash >Shield Bash > Dash
You go S A N I C

Ah. Didn't know that. Then we can keep it to the game for voice chat.

you go to the mumble room that mark isn't shilling, because he's a faggot that can't accept a community-made room made for actual "discussion" is too strange for someone who wants to make his own shit room made for shitposting

Aha, thanks!

I know that. Fencer is my favourite class so far along with Ranger. And I still hope to get decent vehicle for Air Raider.

Fucking hell

Can someone explain to me where the fun in fencer is? dash canceling is fun but the second i switch to something else it just doesn't feel as effective as shiting rockets with the ranger

Should i just farm more weps or something?

Is there a reason to playing as ranger? it's boring as fuck

Also this game engine would be PERFECT for a new gundam game stylized on those ps2 action titles

Keep grinding, Fencer out shits Ranger when it comes to rocket shitting. Like 12 rockets at a time out-shitting.

I can see that you haven't gotten the flamethrowers yet

What? Fencer doesn't get flamethrowers?

I take it you haven't unlocked some of the Grenade launchers yet.

Ranger gets the Genocide gun which is a one shot kill for anything. Level 100 gun.

ALSO!
After a small break. Going to start up VDF Infinite! Come join!

Look at this fucking pleb

Is there any way to get more friendly troops in the missions?

I think I m too autistic to handle speaking with more than one stranger though
I've seen mark drop in a 8/v/ discord room to ask people not to shill it here, coincidentally when he was trying to launch his own. Should have screencapped.

Fencer becomes Space Marine

Is that VDF shit for legit compies or pirated ones?

I m guessing legit.
I can see some rooms with my pirated copy with ftp://revolt:[email protected]/* */[email protected]/* */.V2-RVTFiX.rar and steam launched in administrator, if you want to try it out.

is this a port of the game that came out last year to PC?

Can't see it user.

Just curious question, is this game region locked at all?

And by trying out I mean if you wanna play, wouldn't mind the company if we can make it work.

guise
there is a steam group
we don't we just use the group chat and invite each other

It may be throttling, check temperatures and if they're too high consider buying a Coolermaster 212+ or better.
Reference 480 cooling also leaves a lot to be desired, but even there it should handle EDF without breaking a sweat.

VDF room up

>main helis because I'm the heli guy
I dunno playing in pubs is fine but they are such retards sometimes
nereid is the shit, especially if you have someone that shoots down aerial stuff.
Playing Air "limpet every insect" Raider is great, still waiting for that balam drop though.
Also ranger's sparrow shot carried me through the single, holy shit is it good.
I enjoy the "semi realism" of air raider/ranger too much, so i didN't even touch wind diver/fencer yet, though i do plan on it.

Still can't see it.

they do

The mission where you first encounter the hectors is great for farming

Doesnt go past 62Cº
Thanks for the info, it is indeed throttling
Going to have to wait till Monday

Some of these Grenade Launchers makes me feel like I've turned into a one man Exterminatus.

Wait till you get the Ben Garrison gun

Yep

Tell me more user.

VDF room up>>10159512

I'm hosting inferno

For some reason my game glitched and is allowing me to run no limit on weapons and armor. Normal with ultra powerful weapons is funny.

Get gassed, rulecuck.

Is there any VDF room?

I have room in the VDF Infinite room. Come join

Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition!

Undervolt your card by 50mV and try again.

Which region?

It genocides everything

I have a bottle of rye and I'm going to play this game all weekend

its going to be a good time boys

Good luck user

I tried to dual wield the fencer flamethrowers and the kickback was making me aim straight up

I don't know if that's intended or what but lol

Usa

Bollocks.

Simply said you remember that giant cannon the Mothership carries and how it flattens huge parts of the city?

Now think what would happen if one shrinked that into a size that fits into two arms without a power frame and can be used by a one ranger.
Basically is it a tactical nuclear warhead launching rifle.
And people say X-COM are the wizards of reverse engineering.

room up?

I'm only on mission 7 but I've gotten a flamethrower on a fencer.

If a bug killing game has shit like laser chainsaws then you can be damn sure that it has the obvious stuff like flamethrowers.

Dont see a room so I made one

VDZ
US West region
Hard Mission 57

Is there a discord yet?

A VDF Inferno room just finished up for dinner. If someone doesn't start one, I'll do it in a little bit.

You can also do that with a javelin launcher. If you get the one that shoots stupid fast, you can boost cancel even faster.

I've been trying and failing to git gud with the fencer. The guns seems underpowered for how slow they are and melee weapons seem to always end with me getting grabbed up by something from behind.

How about you power hammer and dash cancel with dual miniguns?

Maybe then you wont suck as much

Fencer requires you to have 1 set for movement only.

So a melee weapon + a cancel weapon
I like the jackhammer + javelin catapult

Just hold down fire on the javelin and use the 2nd fire on the melee for the dash and you'll fly. And if anything gets close the jackhammer is prob the most satisfying weapon there is to kill bugs.

Then your second set should be 2 of the same weapon type since most get a bonus to speed if you double fire when you have 2 of the same one.

I like the hand cannon. It does a lot of damage and you can aim it very far away

That set sounds bizarrely familiar. Did you learn about using the javelin catapult earlier today by chance?

No but ive talked about it before. such a fun class as long as you know how to move fast

Some good rounds hitler storm buddy

shame you dont have a mic

I hope I run into you lads again.

ill be playing later tonight

but drunker

then again maybe I'll play dota and yell at russians

Friendly reminder that the game is region locked and you need to be in the same Steam download region as other anons to play with them

I'm actually quite surprised by how different 4.1 is from 2025. Lots of missions have been changed, even if it's just by starting location on the map.

Yep, RIP mission 11 and it's amazing farming capabilities

Are you serious?

Only if you want to find other games in the lobby. If someone invites you via steam it works fine.

at least 14 works, mostly

After 50 hours, I've finally ran into a cheater. He was playing Air Raider and was just spamming shit. Kind of neat to watch but it defeated the purpose of the game in Inferno…

my first online game had a guy fucking with cheatengine

just speed hacks and infinite ammo

dont really see the point. the real fun of the game is working with the limitations that you have

so if im taco i cant play with burger?

Nope, better go play a premium Western cinematic experience game with current year social justice values instead, shit lord.
I just got this game, it's fucking awesome. thanks Holla Forums

You can, just go into Steam settings, set your download region to one of the US servers.

see

Meme magic is real
Cant believe that after making all these threas a PC port really did happen.

Well fuck me. Got all the way to mission 96 and it kept disconnecting everyone. I think it's because there is SO MUCH on screen at once.

VDF infinite is done for the night. It was fun for all the anons that joined and enjoyed the crazy GENOCIDER GUN action and NUKING THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF EVERYTHING.

Great, you just made me hungry.

new VDF room is up, US dl region
come join

I guess if you like gimmicks he ain't that much, but that's what air raiders are for.

If you get a reasonable handle on how boost-jumps and dashes work, you can move at least as well as a ranger.
As for melee, the biggest barrier is thinning out the horde enough that you won't get picked up by an ant every time you shank something.
The only problem I have with fencer is bug swarms in areas with lots of cover where I can't mow them down with dual miniguns.

I'm not sure if most people have noticed, but you can charge your melee attacks while moving/dashing if you want to let out some attacks while retreating.

Wait, 4.1 has a legit genocide gun apart from rule of god? Thought only save editors allowed it.

Any rooms, Have room for me?

I've seen someone as a Ranger shoot a giant orange laser that goes through buildings, does someone know which weapon it is?

Alright making a new room
"VDF Bug Smashers" Git in

Zone?

LA side i guess is where the american rooms are? rooms still open.

I wonder if they brought back more enemies from the PS2 game

like that fucking surprise Godzilla

Godzilla is in the game
He shoots lightning from his mouth and you can wrestle him with a giant robot

Reminder that giant robots have combo sets that can counter literally any enemy in the game including flyers Via, detachable rocket punches

People who has problems with Fencer, get Heavy Artillery, 2 pieces of those. Or Light Artillery. You rain death above stuff with glorious explosions like a mobile artillery platform. Then a shield and jackhammer for CQC. Depending on mission, good minigun does the work, 2 of them even better. Of course in online multiplayer, with air raiders help you could fire nukes and shit. I got a tons of weapons with my fencer but I am looking for stronger artillery pieces.

Also I just got Fortress Balam B! holy shit this is fun. I wish there was some missiles on this things back but heck, its moving mountain punching some shit.

shit

You're running without a thermal compound of any kind between the CPU and heatsink?

>detachable rocket punches

Could be worse, you could be an Air Raider.

What? And get a plethora of vehicles that could deal with it?

One vehicle. With limited ammo. You can only get points towards reloading your drops by killing things, and when the only thing alive is Space Godzilla, you're stuck with a Limpet Launcher. Emphasis on Limp

You ride the thing with a laser chainsaw.

The Holla Forums Holla Forumscord exists. We've been playing some EDF.

discord.gg/GhkXq

Mark isn't the owner anymore but we're still 8/v for all intents and purposes. Come play if you want.

I want to know too, so far I know R1 R1 L1 R1 and other way around, with R2 L2 being stomp.

There's the right and left combo, and I got an overhead chop by randomly mashing buttons. Remember that on the Balaam, you can stomp and I think pressing those have something to do with it because I mash spacebar reflexively trying to dodge things.

If you wanna support them, buy the PS4 version. Even if you don't have it, I'm 99% sure you can buy it via the website.

I m in there already SaintMikal is a disgusting pedo but like I said, I m too autistic to speak with more than one stranger.

sure thing.

I never played this game, or any EDF and I have to ask, is the game a challenge at all? Video's and what not I see online make it seem like you can't really lose or at least its super easy to win

If you want to support them, try suicide instead.

Again, you should be able to buy it from the PSN store on your browser.

Just to emphasize: No PS4 needed. Nice try Valvedrones.

The minute I 100% this game, I'm probably selling my PS4. It's all I got left for this dumb thing.

Any europoors playing?

Any poorfag pirate sessions?

It's very challenging on solo and multiplayer scales for amount of players in the game

Of course there are weapons that'll make Inferno look like a cakewalk, but unlocking them is another story

you join the JIDF and fight turkroaches

I have the distinct feeling if this game wasn't made by nips that most of you wouldn't enjoy it.

they already tried that, go play Insect Armageddon and try to tell me it's just as good

some people do have jobs and family and don't have time to play shitty games like losers like you

either high quality vidya or bust, japanese or not

Come on, why did you even reply to him.

This just keeps getting richer.

I see, alright, I might cough up the money for it,

Does your "wife" know you're a pedo?

What the hell is going on with these threads? A bunch of posts just disappeared and new ones appeared instead of them.
Repostan second time, though: I have no idea what this game is, but anons here seem to be having a lot of fun with this. Would anyone care enough to shill it to me?

user you posted in the first thread, this is the second.

Look it up on youtube, like what the fuck.

Pirate it and see for yourself.

Nah, I posted in this thread already, but my post disappeared.

But why should I spend time on it?

I said I was reposting the second time. I made that post three times total. The first was in dead thread, the second disappeared and the third you replied to.

imagine dynasty warriors with guns.

Citizens are being attacked by giant insects!

Sold.

I never played any Musou games.

Does it have destructible environments? If it does, how advanced is it? Do you fight anything apart from giant insects?

You are aware that what you are asking about could be looked into in less than 5 minutes, right?

I am going to have to disagree, this game has way better enemy and weapon variety.

Demolish cities. Buildings fall to pieces after they receive a certain amount of damage, but the way they collapse/explode is determined by the impact point of the final hit.

That's the closest thing this game has to spoilers, but if you need to know.
Ants, red ants, jumping spiders, spiders that leave giant webs and pull you towards them, alien drones, faster alien drones, alien dropships, flying alien forces, motherships equipped with genocide beams, giant walking robots that fire mortars/machine plasma cannons, walking shield bearers that defend other units, giant four legged fortresses that shit out the robots, dragons that pick you up and drop you, giant bees/hornets, not-godzilla, honeycomb ships that cover the sky and are covered with orbital lasers/cannons.

I might have missed some.

now this is some low quality fish hunting

you can destroy pretty much everything on screen except for designated indestructible parts of the map like huge buildings in retarius missions for the obvious reasons

Red and black versions of everything.

yeah i am

want to make a room?

(checked)
gauss tanks and the titan work wonders on hectors/deroys

What difficulty? I would like to go through missions on inferno, im only on mission 3 though

the other guy actually had a titan, i brought one of those anti air missile launcher for those annoying air drones

I've been playing on hard and hardest.
I got some inferno level gear because I joined some farmers earlier today but my health is shit so outside of my mech i'm doomed

well im playing wing diver so my health is pretty shit too, you can make the room because i dont have many missions open on hard or hardest

I made a room and called it JIDF

I remembered seeing a link to a site that listed all of the weapon drops for each difficulty/mission. Does anyone have it on hand?

I found it via google after the first search but im still gonna spoonfeed you user.
And don't worry you can change the language on the top left corner.

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=w

And can the OP of these threads implement this link everytime a new one starts maybe?

Thank you friend.

To save our mother earth from any nigger attack,

I hope you're going to defend the japanese

Join Moonmans Holocaust fellow pirates im starting from mission 1 as Air raider and i need help

Man I thought that meme was dead.

There you go moron you
Fried your CPU, you need thermal past so the CPU can disparate it's heat

Starting a new room nignogs.

VDFLivesMatter

look I'm not saying you should support Steam but Sony's closed platform, exclusivity deals, PS+ garbage, and physical distribution deals make them far worse than Valve in every conceivable way. The only thing worse than attempting paid mods is banning mods in the first place. Besides, Steam may take 30% but that's still a smaller number than what Sony takes.

No joins yet. Can anyone even see my room? There might be something buggy going on.

Fuck this piece of shit.

Could be region user, you need to post your region so anons can adjust to find you.

I'm in Canada but not sure if there's a region for just Canadians or all of North America. But since nobody has joined and it's an open lobby I'm going to assume my location or my PC are preventing my game from showing up to anyone else. Fucking bullshit.

Online play is 1000% more fun than solo. All those gesture that singing i fucking love this game i will buy it

is there a way to turn off the mic or make it push to talk? I coudln't find anything in the options.

Best one-liner comparison Ive seen is "Japanese Serious Sam". If you like shooting a wild variety of crap for the sake of it on the same six or so stages over and over with friends, this is your game.

Whelp got dc'd in the end.
See you on the other side user.

When setting up the room the host has to disable chat. Otherwise the best you can do is mute and unplug your mic.

The problem with disabling chat however, is that you can't type any messages either.

but you can still use the only chat that matters
EDF!! EDF!!

what are balam's combos past l1-r1 and r1-r1-l1-r1?

I'm running the RX 480 8GB and I've not had this issue at all with Guerrilla. Even in the summer heat I've not broke 50C on my rig.

Are you fucking stupid? There's a reason pretty much all computers have thermal paste, even standard prebuilts have it. When I bought my cooler it was slathered in thermal paste, it's only like $7 for really good compound that you won't have to worry about for about a year or two or three.

stomping and pressing the P key

Feels fucking badass. Still died though

why should I play anything besides a sonic fairy?

i'll destroy your bug hole

Because her weapons have the least kick to them

she can't sing

Be careful with your tanks around Hectors, one bumped into me and catapulted me across the map, was stuck floating in the air at the edge of the level for 20 seconds while the game tried to figure out how to put me down inside the boundary.

Yeah hectors like to kick you away.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST THE DUAL JACKHAMMER FENCER WEBM?

I need to show my friend that you can cosplay STAR PLATINUM.

Forgot to ask, how long is EDF 4.1? I like getting about 2hours/$1 so I'd need to get about 70 hours out of EDF 4.1 to be happy with the value of the game.

Are you legitimately retarded?

I've just discovered that mission 47 is a pretty good place to grind as the air raider as long as you have a Satellite Blaster to take down one of the transport ships, a decent vehicle, preferably a level 40 vegata, and some patience

No, I just like getting good value out of my game. I checked online but I can't find any information about the length of this game and the closest comparison I have is about 15 hours for EDF 2025 which this is supposed to be a port of.

Where do i buy this game cheap? 30 dollars/eur is too much

53 hours clocked so far and am only at 5% completion.

How do I into Wing Diver?

Trying to figure out how to get some good damage output while not getting completely raped on energy consumption is hard as fuck.

Idunn and sniper rifle of your pick.

ez game

Well I think you're a fucking retard if you honestly do math to determine your enjoyment of a video game according to hours played/moneyspent and it legitimately insults me to see faggots like you making such a formulae as if it even matters.

But no, it's a long game, and you're still a retard

Rapiers and Lances. Learn to hit and run, time your attacks, point guns away from face, kill lots of bugs.

20k damage a shot with piercing, fuck yes.

You can shred any enemy with the idunn and melee weapons

Only con is not being able to sing

How does endgame fencer look like? Does he deal lots of damage?

The game is meant to be replayed multiple times on progressively harder difficulties encouraging experimentation and strategy formulation. On Inferno it's usually more a matter of strategy over outright execution, which makes Inferno impossible on a lot of missions with most pubs.

In other words if you're only getting the game for the "story" and not the gameplay, don't bother. There are plenty of walking simulators and movies to take up those spots.

I think you didn't check that properly because those are not located on the chest.
Those are mounted on top of the mechs "hips".

Wing Diver is a nice class I mean a laser chainsaw is cool and stuff yeah but meanwhile is the Air Raider flattening an entire city block with one shell of his Titan tank, the Ranger is laughing like a mad man as he burns an entire legion of insects into ashes and somewhere else do you hear the soft sound of a Fencer fisting an Insect queen in the ass while he fills her with lead via the shotgun cannon that is mounted on the other arm.
But Wing Divers are still okay too I guess.

remember that giant insects can't fly, so wing diver is overpowered because giant insects can't fly

The point was not intending for the story, it's the gameplay. I could play Gone Home or buy a Blu-Ray movie for about the same price and they would be about the same length but I've had hit or miss with some games before it got stale.

Like for example on EYE I got 100 hours out of with $20 or got 30 hours out of buying Dynasty Warriors 5 for $2. Meanwhile I've bought games like Skyrim for $60 and only got about 20 hours worth out of it.

I've heard that the game is like Dynasty Warriors with Starship Troopers, but if I go into it for $35 and only get like 6 hours of gameplay after the hype dies down it'll be another disappointment.

you know what's incredibly cost effective? Killing yourself! most options are actually free but for more painless alternatives you may need to shell out some for.

if you're such a fucking autist then wbhy not pirate it

The dynasty warrior comparison isn't really good. It's more like a japanese serious sam like user said before.

You know you can just pirate it if you're not sure, right?

Fug

It's a shame that in the space age year of 2016, we've still yet to develop any sort of means for viewing someone else playing a videogame.

It's such a shame, too, because if there WAS some sort of futuristic game-watching-system it could be used to make informed choices about our purchases.

Yeah man aside from the an hero stuff just pirate it to see if you like it. Start on hard to do yourself a favor. I've been a fan of EDF games since 2017 so I know what to expect. It's not really dynasty warriors, not really monster hunter, not really a strategy game, but a lot of quick thinking and action while managing your weapons and your chosen character's movement.

Seriously, play the first 10 missions or so on hard. If you can't or you can't beat it, then pass.

Ok anons. VDF Infinite will start very soon. Great thing about my lobby: No limit on weapons and armor and we are finishing normal. We start at mission 96. Should I bring the genocider gun ?

Do it.

It is up and running. Come join!

THIS WAS THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD FAILING.

I see why no one likes Ranger now, either. Then again, I don't have shit for weapons

Found your problem.
actually each class can be a fucking monster when you get good drops.

Anymore spider impregnation?

How do you remove limits on weapons/armor?

have 70% completion. Or use cheat engine

I fucking love ranger. Git gud drops faget.
Every class is awesome, play them all

This fucking game

Jesus fuck this is so goddamn long.

I was doing so well but then I killed myself when an ant came out of nowhere and blocked my rocket with me in the blast range.

So single player is billions of times easier than multiplayer.

Billions of times less drops too

Ranger is probably the most versatile class, which makes sense considering he was once the only class. He has a ton of weapon variety, good mobility, decent armor, and can pilot vehicles.

You can easily rack up a hundred hours.

No. You have to beat the campaign on every difficulty. No 70% needed.

Not in single player :{

I'm working through normal now, done a few earlier hard missions just for fun. Should I do easy next, or save that for later?

That's up to you, I haven't done easy and I finished singleplayer with a mix of hard and normal to get to the inferno farming missions.

Just beat the game and started playing again on hard as Fencer, it's fun as fuck, I can shit out more missiles then the Air Raider's vehicles. I was having trouble on Air Force until I unlocked the Deflector then ended up killing most of the ships by reflecting their shit at them as I dash cancelled around the map looking for healing items.

Just started mutliplayer, is there no actual chat box?

Press T, it has a really short character limit unfortunately. If it doesn't work the host might have just disabled text chat.

Any online rooms have any open spaces?

I'm yurop and I'm playing with a canadian without any problems

cheers, how is armour/weapons done online?

shared by everyone

I caved in, bought the game and so far I'm disappointed.

I decided to buy the game, booted it up and play as Ranger on the first level on hard like everyone said to do. I've spent the past hour and 40 minutes trying to beat the first mission and I kept getting killed by bugs when everyone else around me is dead and the tanks are blown up and I don't have any equipment to kill a million bugs on screen and they can grab me stunlocking me to death.

Since Steam's refund policy sucks ass and only allows for 2 hours or less, I have either the following options:

What should I do?

If you were on the fence, why didn't you pirate it first like so many other anons?

Because my IPS hates piracy and will boot people off the network for pirating games, so it means paying full price for a two hour trial for a videogame. I miss the days when demos were a thing.

You'll enjoy mission 86.

Play it on normal then you fool, unlock better weapons then go back to hard.

seems you only have yourself to blame
also how the fuck are you dying what difficulty are you on

do mission 1 and 2 on normal, and by then you should have good enough weapons to do 2 on hard and after that hardest.

Why does noone read the difficulty descriptions

You're not very smart. But hey, refund it, then your retarded posts will stop shitting up the thread.

Because they want an excuse to complain

Okay, legitimate question: why are you playing on hard mode right off the bat without help from anyone else? Forget what people said, hard mode first mission is horrible for a first timer (or anyone, the last wave is a nightmare, you should get better weapons first. You can hard mode mission 2 but not 1.

Because of recommending to play the first 10 missions on hard. Problem is I haven't even beaten the first mission since I'm using hard and I've almost exhausted the time allotted for refunds.

I did read the descriptions, but the thread said to play the first 10 missions on hard.

I'm using the Ranger class on Hard difficulty.

then turn down the difficulty not my fault you're so shit at games you cant finish the first few missions on hard

I hard moded missions 1-9 without problem my first time playing.

Why didn't you try using another class?
I mean, you have 4

The last wave in the first mission on can be a bit of a bitch for someone just starting out by themselves. Get some friends or randoms or turn down the difficulty and farm out some weapons and armor. You think that shit's bad you haven't seen anything yet.

Forget the thread, people here are pretending to be hardcore, fresh mission 1 in hard mode is a nightmare that requires deeper game knowledge (kek). You're in charge of your own fun, not randoms on a thread. Go normal and do you best.

you can't beat the first mission on hard with ranger right off the bat

go back and beat it on normal. if you get any good weapons switch to hard on second mission. if you don't keep playing normal until you drop something good

hard is doable on the first few missions, especially if you keep your AI nigs alive

This thing screams suicide box, how the fuck are you supposed to get close enough to use framethlowels with the fuck awful helicopter controls?

You know you can play on whichever difficulty you like with any character using any weapons, Holla Forums isn't your dad and you are old enough to make decisions for yourself. If hard is too hard then go down to normal, if normal is too easy go up to hard, learn to have fun with video games.

Disregard what some faggots say and play the game the way you want you humongous faggot

Hard is very doable in co-op. It's recommended to play Hard because that way you'll get the good shit faster than you would in normal. If you can't solo hard then just go normal and have fun blasting bugs and chanting EDF

all of them full blast and fly into the enemy obviosuly

Yea the last mob in the first mission is actually quite difficult, if you don't have good CC they'll overrun your allies and they will all target you.

Just play on normal or coop.

You need to kill their commander in the first mission else to take control.

I don't have people to play co-op with, I'm playing this as a singleplayer title.

I've never played any EDF game before, so I have no clue what to expect and so far it's just getting killed over and over. Even Dark Souls was easier than this game.

yeah this is my first EDF too stop being a little faggot and pirate it no matter who cucks you with your internet

do you hate yourself?

Piratefag here, if you wanna try that out, not now though, playing something else.

It lives on in memories.

Back up the game files, refund, crack the game. You can still play, and then if you end up wanting to play multiplayer buy it again. Unless I m missing something about the refund policy, never used it myself

Why are you still posting complaining about this shit when multiple people already told you to play on normal, just go fucking play video games already.

I've only tried multiplayer a few times, each time I have like 1/10th of the armor of everyone else, and about as much experience/skill. I just feel like a burden. I've been soloing hard so far, but I'm only up to like, mission 12 since I grind for weapons and switch between characters.

Once you realize how to control helis, it's easy to maintain a low altitude though shit will tear you in half, so you got to be careful.
The thing about flamethrowers is that they stunlock the insects, but i assume you know.

You can control them? It seems helicopters just kinda take you do as a vague suggestion.

Keep going until mission 14 without grinding, 14 is so good and easy that you could probably grind it in hardest

Do later. Inferno will be a bitch to get through especially when there are harder version of every bug type.

PLATINUM SPIDERS

I find that vaguely comforting actually. No publicity is bad publicity I guess.

try the bike and tell me about vehicle controls being just a suggestion

I have. It's like you're constantly hitting an ice patch.

This, it's a one-sided fight since Giant Insects can't fly. Wing Divers were created to fight Giant Insects

Part of the bike being shit is using keyboard controls. You have to slowly accelerate up to speed otherwise you spin out. Keys being digital only can go full forward, and even tapping it intermittently doesn't seem to help. A controller with an analog stick on the other hand can push it partway forward.

However, even when using a controller the bike is still controls very slippery and the vehicle is ultimately shit and not worth using a controller for.

You just started out, it's not that big of a surprise. Just collect red boxes as much as you can.
Besides if you play on earlier missions it's fine, i've played with absolute starters in hard multi.

I doN't know how to describe them honestly. The thing to realise is that it (the controls) doesn't return to a neutral position by default, so for example, when you turn around with a jaw pitch you only pull in either left or right until it reaches around 35-40 degrees from it's original position then you countersteer in the opposite direction, all while you hold the jaw to boost it (pic related for easier digestation). Same with left/right cyclic, for some reason the forward/backward seems to correct itself, though slowly. Oh and you have to play with the collective a little bit not really.
Though having a controller makes your job much MUCH easier.

There a Holla Forums room up? Want to play. I'm still pretty early into the game and I don't have good weapons yet, I don't think. Been playing Normal.

Dual minigun lancer is the shit.

Insect armageddon might have been shit but it did teach me this valuable lesson: the best way to fight giant insects is to attack them while simultaniously dodging their attacks. What better way to do this than to go wing diver? Checkmate, bugs.

Breaking footage of an SDL1 Bike driver

You have Roll labeled as Jaw in that picture. Roll and Pitch will zero out on their own, Yaw doesn't for no good reason. The most important thing about driving helos is just to keep in mind your acceleration and deceleration in all directions is fucking garbage so you need to start doing everything way earlier and way harder than you'd think you would. Someday I hope we get an EDF game where the flying vehicles don't make me want to die every time I try them.

Does this game have a lan mode?

Yeah i mixed it up, my bad.

These anons are correct, there is no way that giant insects can win because Wing Divers can fly. Not to mention that EDF has also better technology developed to kill giant insects, like the Wing Divers, therefore EDF can win this war.

Trust me, I'm a specialist.

you can either play split screen or invite your firends to a lobby but you need internet access.

what if, wait a second bear with me, what if
the giant bugs learnt to fly?

Absurdity.

Nah, no way the godesses of victory would have any trouble.

Don't be stupid now

This is true, Giant Insects can't fly, so Wing Divers are their natural enemy, because Giant Insects cannot fly

Made a room

"VDF"

we are starting at lvl 35 on hard.

Lay off the ant pheromones, idiot

I'm not seeing it.

[Muffled Wing Driver screaming in the background]

So why'd you get married?

Remade it.

For my wife.
I actually heard that one.

FOR EARTH

Region?

Should be NA I'm Canadian

Still not seeing it. I'll try restarting steam.

well I got some drunk sounding guy in game right now so people can join my game. not sure whats going on.

Weird.

Friendly reminder that EDF lobbies are region locked.

I think this should be mentioned in OP's and people should mention which region they are set to. Would make shit easier.

I'm going to make a VDF2 room based in California. We're starting at level 70 on hard.

any rooms still open?

Here's a fresh shitty webm (in quality and that i play with a nereid and "oversteer" a bit). You could go lower if you wanted to, though if the flamerthrower is like the one on vegalta, you should reach shit at that height.

Na room has room for 1 more lvl 36 hard atm will wait for like 3 mins.

VDF in Canada, VDF2 in Cuckfornia

That would be VDF canada room

Canada Room Crashed I remade it.

Still VDF.

can't find it

Change to the region, might help

Isn't this like a five fucking year old game? The fuck?

Crashed again? Just try to restart the game

Yea it just mass dc's everyone and i go back to menu room.

Remade
VDF lvl 36 hard Candana

Is there anything new on transfering saves? I have the game legit, but I'm playing it through steam emu with my poorfag friend, and don't necessarily want to grind weapons for both.

Is the game crashing? Try to launch a round by yourself.

Nope i tried going on by myself and it works something must be up. Ill just have to wait for someone else to make a room.

Its been that long, removed it during Winter and it worked fine.
So much that I forgot to apply it again…
Fuck Im stupid

I can try.

Its been out for 8 months in the US, just a little over a year since JP release.

VDF is now up again

Mission 36, Hard mode, Canada.

Anyone else have immediate crashing before seeing a Logo? And did you manage to fix it?

Shit's pissing me off. All I want to do is kill shit in a mech.

Gives me hope that an actually fun video game is outselling an overhyped AAA juggernaught.

What is the best music to defend earth to, Holla Forums? I want something that captures how insane and hectic it all is.

Trying metal for now.

That video is pretty trash for such a good song
the Space Dandy ed does it better justice

dailymotion.com/video/x31r66r
RIP looks like the jews took it down from jewtube

So what class ends up with the greatest capacity for shitting explosions everywhere? I got this DNG2 hand grenade for Ranger which is pretty fucking bangin' and I've heard that they get an 8 way scatter grenade launcher, but then again I've heard Air Raider can call in nuclear airstrikes.

Air Raider can probably call in the biggest explosions but for shitting them everywhere they aren't great. Miss one of them once, which is fairly likely because its hard to land smoke grenades accurately at safe distances, and you're stuck with no more explosions for minutes while you slowly kill stuff with limpet guns to get points to try again. Ranger and Fencer probably shit out the most continuous explosions.

Can they airdrop vehicles with explosive weapons in the interim in order to build up more airstrikes?

They can, but those vehicles also only refill with kills and have deceptively low health. The class requires pretty conservative play because one mistake can leave you caught out with no airstrike or vehicle for minutes at a time.

Fair enough. I've been having fun with Fencer and Ranger anyways. Does Fencer get good explosives that don't require an Air Raider to laser target for you? So far that's the only good one I've found.

Light and heavy mortars are pretty nice.

When will you niggers learn to use guard posts? Vehicles can straight up tank anything with one on em.

I use them regularly, but you still get shredded way more than infantry with a post will because you get hit by everything.

what cpu you running with?

I want to play a fencer but holy fuck are they slow. Is there really no sprint function? I am dying here.

melee weapons give you a secondary boost and you can melee or do a shield deflect at the end of the boost to carry the momentum into a second boost. The end result is the fastest ground movement in the game.

Like the other guy said, fencers were made for skilled players to solo the game for fun on.

Even with the boost, I wasn't seeming to get fast enough to make shit feel worthwhile.
Maybe I just need to get good.

At least the air whatsit guy is fun. Though, I basically play him to be a tanker.

i5-4570. I checked and my chip should support SSE4.1. Didn't think many people with an intel cpu were having issues or I'm blind and missed them.

I tried the patch and still a no-go. I did the basic shit of driver updates, verifying cache, reinstalling, restarting, closing steam. Only thing I can think is installing the W7 SP1 or 2 and I'm not doing that shit.

There's a gun called the javelin launcher or something, 300 shots. Equip it in one hand and a melee weapon with dash in the other, hold down fire and tap dash as fast as you can. Use your other set for fighting.

I have a 4670k and I haven't had any issues like that.

Must be my shitty luck then that it won't work. My specs are almost identical to their "recommended" requirements.

man that sucks, see if the pirated copy works for you.

Saves for both are in Documents\My Games\EDF4.1\SAVE_DATA.
You can edit SSE config to use your real steam id and it should then be shared properly, you can also always copy the saves manually.

Impressions so far:

+ fun
+ co-op
+ FUN
+ lots of dakka
+ FUN

- can't detect my gamepad :(
- balance is whacky
- armor system is shit

Armor system is just a grind. +1 armor for every red box, but on higher difficulties you need 3000 armor, otherwise you die from a single glance in your direction. Just a stupid system.

Weapon balance is also shitty. You have utterly wortheless weapons and god-like weapons. The difference in damage output is insane.

For example, the flamethrower for the Fencer - uncontrollable recoil, 4 seconds spin-up time, short range and medicore damage - worthless. A CC weapon that needs 4 seconds to fire is absurd

What gamepad do you have?
**It detected mine first try, though you need to start the game with it, becuase it decides in the start menu that you'll be using a keyboard or a controller, so if you press any button on the start menu and it doesn't recognize it, then it doesn't detect yours.

that's not true and different classes get different amounts of armor from each pick up

also made a vdf room hard usa region

You are right about the other problems, but claiming that it has mediocre damage is just plain incorrect.
You are also exaggerating the weapon balance problems. It might have a few bad weapons, but most of the weapons have their uses.

i just wanted to say that you can buy this game for 626 russian rubles(its under 10 dollars) on another steam account authorize pc and your main acc with family sharing and play multi, easiest way is to just buy russian account with this game for a near 12 dollars

You need that another steam accounts store region set to Russia, have fun with that.

my main account is not set to russian and multi works, that another is russian account and multi works with that account too

Disclaimer: poorfag ahead

Been using SmartSteamEmu and it works, but when I try to play with a friend, we can't see each other unless we're both in the lobby-searching and waiting half an hour. Any idea why/any solutions?

im obviously not from russia/ not using that acc in russia or vpn or whatever

This game starts of with the shout outs being funny and light hearted then slowly they turn in to desperate cries trying to encourage your allies to pull through the hellish desperation you have found yourselves in.

It's a shame that you can only sing 3 songs, whereas the npc's sing like 10 or so versions.

a generic microsoft one.

Funny things is, it seems to be a steam issue. Broforce stopped detecting it too.

I still only have the pirated version so it works fine for me.

Yeah one of the ones they sing is about how all their family and lovers are dead.

That unit later died.

RIP

To be honest, pretty much everyone but the MC dies

When i heard that line the situation really set in.

Half of their banter is filled with death flags.

And most die to friendly fire…

If you walk in front of a wing diver , fencer or near an air raider flare, it's not friendly fire it's suicide

But that's impossible. Evolution can't surpass technological progress.

My dick

Any europoor rooms up?
I have the need for EDF spam

Here's a question.

If you SSE'd EDF4.1, when you buy the real thing, can you push that save over to the steam version?

I doubt I'll be lucky enough to beat "JUMPING SPIDER CAVERN" or whatever mission 6 I think was on inferno again, and would kinda like to keep that save..

Dunno if it works i haven't tried it myself.

Or something resembling EDF soldier mumbling, sometimes they scream in agony while you watch in horror, or speak like autist betas who got inside of a girl because of their EDF badge.

I love it

EDF knows the dangers of 3dpd

Dark humor is best humor.

I kind of want the stats from alpha protocol for friendly fire (orphans and widows made for kills/medical bills for hurt soldiers.)

We have a traitor in our mists.

Oh man, this guy needs some counseling how great EDF is and how Wing Drivers are natural enemy of giant insects.

Oh my lawd. The fucking Geist launcher.

You won't end up killing any flying creatures with it, but it sure as hell makes everything far more fun and terrifying when you have something like 400 health and one of those projectiles will do 200 dmg with 20meter radius.

Enemy is behind a city block? Doesn't matter! Just lock on and shoot, you will end up leveling the whole city either way.

THAT'S XCOM BABY!

anyone here have a room up on the steam emu?

No, the saves will show as corrupted. They're somehow linked to the steam ID

Also SSE who up

Anyone want to farm Death Queen inferno (us legit) for some weapons, just requires patience or alt tabbing.

room name?

Also new thread when?

You can change your steam id inside SSE so without hex editing saves you can only transfer from Steam to SSE.

You can also change it inside %AppData%/SmartSteamEmu/steam_id.ini

ayy lmao

kek I was just in your room waiting for you, but then you left.

ah shit try again, I had it set to invite only slots but apparently it still works anyway.

Yeah but then you have to make a new save once again

After getting 30k armor on my ranger, I cant push myself to do anything anymore

I want off this ride

Waiting again.
It's a shame you can't jump in when the game has already started.

What master server have you guys set in SSE? I don't see any of the lobbies advertised here

dammit lad why'd you leave again

Me neither, just two basic playername rooms.

i now see five, none from here except if bugboys one is made by some user.

I just made a room named Alien Genocide

I just discovered that double javelins are an excellent anti-air weapon.

Fuck those red drones

I thought Wing Divers were supposed to be the natural enemies of giant insects.
Seriously, though, what are some good weapons to combat the giant spiders?

The thing about giant spiders on harder difficulties especially is their threads can partially go through buildings/walls. As such, you can't just hug corners and fuck them from cover.

You have to kill all of them instantly. I suggest the bug spray that rangers get.

Also note that the higher the difficulty, the more projectiles they shoot with each shot. This goes for most enemies.

Fuck! I murder everything with these javelins. I kill dragons like they are nothing, 30 dragons in 20 seconds, same with bees. I can also create a murder zone 150 meters ahead of me that massively thin out anything that approaches me. Spiders just commit suicide when they try to jump over me. I knew this weapon had potential but goddamn it this so fucking awesome, I love it when games have amazing weapons you just need to figure out first.
I can't believe everyone is just using them for speed boosting when they are this awesome.

Thanks. I'll give that bug spray a try.

Whelp got disconnected when i tried to restart the mission. I tihnk i'lll call it a day, it was nice playing with you anons.
     E     D     F     !     

You can stunlock them with assault rifles or just shoot them with anything that has a high enough damage, like gauss cannons for air riders.