How do you go from the dark and dirty low fantasy of the original to this shiny final fantasy shit?

How do you go from the dark and dirty low fantasy of the original to this shiny final fantasy shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

mcvuk.com/news/read/dragon-s-dogma-dark-arisen-is-capcom-s-fastest-selling-pc-game/0162379
gamefaqs.com/boards/180899-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/73280397
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really wouldn't call DD all that gritty, especially if you reach endgame, there's some silly as shit designs.
You -did- reach endgame in DD:DA, right?
With the endgame gear?
Right?

Ok, beyond the dragon stuff looks goofy. But in ddo a lot of stuff looks goofy from the start.

All i'm saying is, in all the years DD has been around i haven't seen people roleplaying as low fantasy srs knights.

I've seen a shit ton of brown loli pawns dressed in bikini armor and elven slut archers.
The DD fanbase is essentially the same as the Tera fanbase in terms of taste and degenerancy, a grounded, gritty, realistic fantasy world in terms of community this really isn't.

Well, pay closer attention.

Well, you pay closer attention to the majority.
Because Capcom sure as fuck is, and thus why they're not catering to the minority anymore as they move foward.
Don't be surprised when in DD2 99% of the armor sets are either FF style bullshit, or slutty bikinis.

I have faith that everyone will be forced to become a built-fat hairy man in heavy armor.

Even the rogues.

Its been out for almost a year now m8.
Nippon only though.

They always listen to the majority, is just that people on Holla Forums don't like to admit who the majority is.

-RE6 was the best selling RE ever
-Basara sold like shit in the west and sells great in japan (so they cut western releases)
-MH sells like shit on consoles but does great on handhelds (because japan)

Capcom always listens, regardless if Holla Forums likes who they listen to, they always do what makes them the most amount of money.

MMORPGs are always complete shit compared to what they are based off of on all levels.

*in the short term

Compared to other projects?
No.
It's investment vs returns.
I know megaman fans like to think they're this huge fanbase but the truth is, the majority of megaman "fans" don't actually buy or play the games, just look at Megaman 9 and 10 sales.

Why don't they just make a fucking sequel instead of some online bullshit.

They refuse to print money or what? Is capcom fucking stupid? Put the same team together, give them more development time and budget and you will get the next best RPG that came out in the past 6 years. It will put witcher 3 fan boys to shut the fuck up and dark souls fans too.

Just make a proper sequel already Capcom, for fucks sake.

How did the pc version do? Was it above or below expectations?

Quick search gives me this.

mcvuk.com/news/read/dragon-s-dogma-dark-arisen-is-capcom-s-fastest-selling-pc-game/0162379

gamefaqs.com/boards/180899-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/73280397

400k steam owners according to steam spy.

Was about to post the same thing, Capcom used to have stupid expectations for games but I think they're changing since they fired that one faggot.

Can I get more background on that?

That's more like what I was asking, how did DD PC perform according to Capcom?

That's a much more mysterious and ungooglable question.

You're right, they're getting worse.

it's massive shit
Basically they added a mechanic that basically stops you from fighting and instead makes you hug the monster until it falls over.
It kills the flow of any large monster fight.

Which one?

The fuck you on about?

Dragon's Dogma has always been colorful
There's a game outside BBI you know

What.

Only game I can think of that's less colorful is sotc.

Square Enix, of course. Look at absolutely anything they've made.

Actually my biggest complaint on BB was that it could use more color, because the game is very grey, even before the second half.

Can't remember the name but he was responsible for DmC. He considered DMC4 a failure despite selling 2 million in the first month (best selling DMC game) but considered DmC a success which got barely any sales in the first year and only got 1.7 million sales 2 years after it came out.

What the fuck is wrong with me, DD I mean.

Bloodborne could use some color too.

Are you retarded?

It's clearly inspired by the capcom d&d games like shadow over mystara

How is it in any way dark and gritty?

what

Does this look colorful?

Does it look dark and gritty?

If you're going to be such a retarded fucking autist that you still go on about this even though you're literally the only person stupid enough to still be talking about this game, at least talk about the flaws of the game as they're relevant to the current release, not as it would have been relevant a year ago.

damn that's impressive, anyone even mentioning DDO over a year later has to be the same guy for you?
That's hilarious he managed to booty bother your shit game so bad that a year later no one can mention the game without being him

All mmoos end up looking the same, it's chink tier over compensation ricer gear.

How the fuck does that barbarian guy able to walk with those huge-ass spikes on the shinguards? I mean, I could understand those being used on the kneecaps on the forearms, but on each side of the shins it's just silly.

t. Capcom Chief Financial Officer?

How is that gold dragon fight? I heard it's really fun

You don't remember do you?
That's because the control scheme for the early console versions were alien and required you to pull miracles to just move the camera while fighting, which wasn't fixed even in the portable versions. At least on a portable console you're looking at the control pad and the screen at the same time. I can't say whether it's been fixed in the newer games because they give me a headache just looking at them

You keep using that term

Wew, somebody's upset.

MH has a quick lock on system now.
It doesn't actually lock you on to a monster (that would fuck up the entire balance), the camera just quickly reajust to the monster you've "tagged", and then becomes free again.
This simple addition has done wonders to help adjust the camera without having to fiddle with your fingers and use the claw.

Also by the way the WiiU port did have this system and still sold like shit.
Oh and in japan they did port P3 to consoles, on PS3, and it sold like shit.

Basically your entire point is moot.

DDO was developed by COG

COG has never in it's entire history produced a decent game

I'm expecting another Berserk tie in instead

Wasn't Inafune pretty much the only person pushing for Legends 3?

Being able to center camera on monsters is a fucking godsend in 4U there are people in the monster hunter threads who piss and moan about it casualizing the games but in the same breath leave glowing reviews about Aerial styles for Generations that let you jump and mount nearly at will

please make it happen

That's what I meant by the newer games, I haven't played them because they give me a headache. Shows how much I've missed. RE7 looking nothing like RE6 was the first point by the way.

If anything they should be concerned about Adept style allowing you to completely avoid damage if you're good enough except i welcome it completely because with all these styles MH is getting closer and closer to a fast paced PG-capcom style action game and i fucking love it, and this is coming from someone that has been into this shit since the PS2 era, rejecting change is retarded, we've had more than our fill of the classic MH formula for years, it's time to switch it up

While it's true that RE7 looks nothing like RE6, it's also worth taking into consideration that it's a jumpscare based penumbra/amnesia/outlast clone.
So basically that doesn't mean that they're listening to the classic RE fans, or even the RE4 fans, they're aiming once again for the audience that can make them the most money out of them all, the YTLP fake screams VR "ready" crowd and kids and old people that are heavily into gimmicks and don't give a fuck about actual survival horror.
So basically they doubled down on the RE6 route by targeting a demographic with an even lower IQ, and an even bigger wallet, continuing the logical trend.
The end result might look different, but the mindset behind it is very much the same.
Really at this point the only hope for classic RE fans (or RE4 fans, depending on what approach they use), is RE2make.

are you genuinely retarded?

Legends 2 didn't even break half a million sales m8

so what you're saying is you're just fed up with the game?

I'm slightly burnt up about the classic formula with no major new elements and changes.
We're in 2016 and MH has been around since 2004.

That means this series is 12 years old.
I think it's reasonable to be burnt out on the same formula after 12 years.