FTL/Faster Than Light

Lets have an FTL thread.
Last sector on normal, about to go after the Flagship. Been really lucky so far but I think my odds of victory are slim, my crew and I will give it our all however. Played Stealth Cruiser B on my last run and got a second glaive beam on my first jump, i never got to use it though.

Well fuck that ended fast and brutal.
For whatever reason that's usually how it ends for me. Either my weapons or engines get hacked and i get fucked hard and fast. Trying to get a victory with A&B of all layouts so i can get the Crystal Cruiser instead of hoping for the RNG to grant me the rockman quest to unlock it, but I'm not having much luck on either end.

I liked the core gameplay of FTL but the RNG just made me stop playing after a while.

The RNG can definitely be a deciding factor in whether or not you succeed but i can generally make it to the end as long as i play smart and take risks when i can afford it. As much as the RNG can fuck me in the ass i find it somewhat enjoyable, so far no two runs have been the same. And while there isn't much i really like what little backstory and lore the game provides through the various events and the different races all are rather interesting once you start to learn more about them.

i dont have much problem getting to the flag ship but it always rips my ass open, it isnt quite like fighting another ship

theres another game that seems at least partly inspired by ftl called convoy. there probably isnt quite as much to do as in ftl, but it might eat up a day of your time at least. brace for memes

How bad are the memes?

i suppose i misspeak when i say memes, its more of a barrage of references. i dont think theres doge or longcat or anything like that, but it wouldnt surprise me

I've used it well twice

I've found that installing hacking and then hacking their hacker works perfectly.

I've never played this gayme is it gud? Is it fun?

I think you can buy a crystal guy from rock home worlds. If you give him a specific name you don't need the stasis pod bs. Also rock b starts with one

its very fun until you learn it, then it pisses you off unless you keep learning it, in which case it becomes fun again

Yeah, same here.

It's a good game, but the above is a very common complaint.

The firebeam is tricky to use but can be devastating if you can get through shields. And it can too disable weapons.
The trick is getting laser or ion weapons to knock down shields. Getting it with a cruiser that only has three weapon slots is lame though. Maybe pick up the slack with drones. Or just use a fire drone and standard weapons.

The game can be rough as the RNG gods are fickle and cruel masters but it can indeed be fun and entertaining. at least in my opinion it is
Just don't expect to win on your first try, or very often at all for that matter. But it does have a ton of replay value and there are a few different play styles that can be utilized.

I've been playing with the captain's edition mod. It makes the game 2x better you can fight space stations. It makes the final boss significantly more difficult. I just beat the game on with a mantis cruiser (type b) on hard mode.

I'm afraid to ask about the giant heavy lasers and missile packs

been a while, but the most fun is sitting back and watch the enemy run around trying not to suffocate or burn to death.

so, fire beam and breach missile

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME AND IT'S RNG BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They aren't as overpowered as they look, the mod actually adds 100 weapons and some new interactions like the other user said you can commit piracy against friendly ships if you so choose

You can jump away from the flagship if it hits the wrong spot with a hack

Hacking Oxygen is still absolute horseshit.

It's literally never been a problem for me. Even with L2, you can get it back fast enough before the fight ends for it to be a problem. Only sustained fights become an issue

fires are scary, to bad the AI cant open doors to kill the flames.