What are games that allow for extensive modding that aren't doom,bethesda shit, or STALKER...

What are games that allow for extensive modding that aren't doom,bethesda shit, or STALKER? Battlefront II had a pretty extensive community rip Dwarf Fortress also is very moddable. Shame the most active ones are MLP shit though.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne_2:_The_Fall_of_Max_Payne
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New Vegas.
It was developed by Obsidian.

Unreal Tournament 1999 & 2004
Quake III

Any libre open source game. You could edit the source code more so than Bethesda games would permit hypothetically, but it depends on the documentation available and ease of tools.

Mountain Blade is pretty mod packed and I think Banner Lord is going to be open source(?).

garry's mod

Space Engineers is pretty moddable. As are games like that citybuilder whos name I forget (cities something?). It's a minecraft clone but in space and not shit.

ARMA series is super moddable too. There are mods for ARMA that piss all over AAA blockbusters. Wasteland on a good server is my favorite game of the past few years.

There's a lot more. Cities:Skylines is pretty moddable. Dominions 4 and stuff like that. Quite a lot of games are moddable. I think the problem you're having is the types of games your looking for. Modern FPS games today generally arent moddable like how old games were. Same with big RPGs outside of bethesda, or most multiplayer games.

It always baffles me when a multiplayer team based shooter launches (Blood and Gold, Angels Fall First, etc) launch with no mod support and like 5 maps total. It's just a kiss of death 9 times out of 10.

Goldsrc/SvenCoop.

You probably knew already, but our own SvenCoop thread made Moon Man and Spurdo fighting side by side a reality.

Sims 2 and 3

Warband.

Half life, Half life 2/Source games.

Max Payne 1 + 2.

Almost every multiplayer shooter made pre-2007.

Well every ID based game can be modded.
Source, Gold Source, IW games, DOW etc.

You mention BF2, pretty much every Star Wars game had or has a healthy mod community. What is it do you want to do with the mod support?

Do you need code access or will skins and a bit of scripting be all you need?

Project Zomboid has a decent modding scene that the lazy devs even took features from and made official.

Unreal Tournament and Total Annihilation

Not Open Source but with extensive mod tools.

A shame that there are almost no noteworthy mods (vampire slayer gets a honorable mention for being plain retarded and curhazee).

Martial arts mod user. There's also a pretty cool one where you play as a mercenary super soldier and another where you play as Mona both for MP2.

Oh and Katana.

I love that mod so much.

Wish I could play MP again, couldnt get it to work on my pc

What OS and what error? Also check pcgamingwiki.

W7 and none, the game just never launched. I assumed my CD is just ruined now

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne_2:_The_Fall_of_Max_Payne

I've had it run fine on Win7 so it's certainly not an issue there.

just download it again.
I have the CD too but I'm too lazy to go through that 4 (3?) CDs installation process.
It's not like I'm stealing it.