Hello, I would like to make a public service announcement

Hello, I would like to make a public service announcement.

Since the moderation on this board is so bad it is us, the users of Holla Forums who must take responsibility and see to it that it is possible to find insightful posts and funny content here. For a board to be consistently good, all of its regular users should have some level of awareness.

What does this mean? Well, for one thing it means ignoring all obvious bait threads, or threads that by your judgement seem to be of a poor standard. Don't even sage bait threads because your post itself is what will provoke further responses.

Ignore every bad thread, and try to know the limits of your own knowledge when you do post. Don't post about philosophers that you don't understand like you do for example. It takes courage, wisdom and responsibility to admit that you don't know something, but it's only when you admit that you don't know that you can learn.

Finally, when you do make a response, try to make something that will last. A quality post is self-contained to some extent and won't need to cause a gigantic autistic debate that has a bad effect on the rest of the thread.

So keep this in mind, and we can all do our part to improve Holla Forums.

No fam, its more easy to take the bait than actually participating in quallity threads,

Newfags read this.

If we can even get to 2015 era quality of Holla Forums again it would be a godsend.

It seems that the fate of every imageboard ever is to become an exaggerated parody of itself

2015 leftypol was the same, I feel we need to organize and create a new project because bunkermag is now dead, but thats pretty much ti

It's known as post-memeism.

This board needs to more Holla Forums-tier edge tbh

I said 2015 because 2014 was the "golden age" and I've given up on returning to that.

Revive GETCHAN/ bunkerchan?

This. So much.

Nothing like that can be achieved unless the horde of retards plaguing the userbase gets put on a leash.

There could be an opening for enhancing the board when the election shitshow will end. Less shilling and less bait as a consequency.

Then the only solution would be to nuke Holla Forums and ban trips.

But the amount of candidate shilling is quite low compared to the other kinds of shitposting, so the difference will be minimal.

Definitely this or forced user or both.

What was best about leftypol in 2014, 2015 and 2016? With these answers I can know how to do my part.

this

There's no sectarianism over trips. They need to go.

I'm with you on this one buddy!

The very fact that the moderators are not banhappy fascists makes Holla Forums a very comfy board. I feel like I'm among comrades, not part of a police state.

tripfags are literal cancer

i know this by experience

Oldfag here. Holla Forums was best in the first few weeks of its creation, when there were like 100 people. Ever since then, it's just been a cycle, going through phases of good content and shitty content.

Doesn't the fact it was good for only a few weeks mean that it was always on this cycle, it just started good?

Holla Forums was never good.

Banning people is mostly a provocation. Some deserve it but it's easy to get around.

Pruning and locking/bumplocking shit threads is a better way to manage the fuckwits posting here. BO doesn't seem to think so though.

Nah it was the best phase imo. The rest can't compete with the early novelty and discovery. Even if they give us more OC.

That's just what happens when the revolution expands. Much like Marx and Engels seizing upon a fresh idea, for them it is pure and concentrated.

Then, as it gets passed around and the number of people now holding to the idea grows, the idea slowly loses its purity. More interpretations, reimaginations and additional ideas arise, diluting it further.

This is why there are countless forms of religious sects, philosophy, fashion and builds of gnu/linux. It just happens when the amount of people adopting something grows beyond the original idealist.

Where did Holla Forums gain its initial influx of posters?

Probably people who dislike censorship or view the media with skepticism and who might have posted on 4/pol/ more or less frequently but never took the right-wing memes seriously (unlike most of the board).