There has been an awakening

As if a thousand fanboys cried out in disappointment, but no silence.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=SaJMiKQx27U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism
templeofthejediorder.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WEBM

hooktube.com/watch?v=SaJMiKQx27U

Not beating your kids at young age was a mistake right?

is she talking about the Star Wars fans or theater workers

Why didn't they just restart the movie?

On the one hand I think it's silly and illogical to get mad at a temporary delay in kino viewing.
On the other hand I don't have a job or responsibilities so maybe these guys have limited time to kinoview.
Either way

Roasted

what happened ?

Audio cut out during TLJ

Cringe

Normalfags can't comprehend DCP's, the film is delivered digitally encrypted, the theater's projection system connects remotely to the studios server which authorizes playback at scheduled times. Local theater staff have no control over the playback.

did they gave them new tickets?

So thanks to all that needlessly high-tech bullshit, theaters can't do something as simple restart a movie.
That's progress I guess. One step forward, two steps back.

I was reading the comments and that faggot is in every comment chained with his half-assed reddit tier trolling. Who even throws in a #MAGA at the end of his posts.

It wasn't even progress for visual quality, 35mm film prints rival 2K projection quality and have superior contrast ratio. They do accrue damage as they are re-run but in modern cinema films are so quickly taken out of circulation it wouldn't matter. It was a matter of penny-pinching, each film print cost thousands of dollars to produce, and shipping a few thousand copies of a 100lb's of film to each theater adds up. The digital switchover was never about quality.

people still think this is how movies are shown

this must be the "for the experience" justification everyone talks about for seeing a movie in theater

I saw Dunkirk projected in 70mm film at a high-profile AMC in New York, and like ten minutes in the movie just stopped. We've waited around another ten minutes until the movie went back on, and lo and behold, it continued where it left off.

Also the crowd was much more respectable.

70mm>>35mm=4K DCP>>2K DCP>>everything else

I saw the 15/70mm Dunkirk also at Mall of Georgia IMAX, and IMAX 70mm is 3x larger than standard 70mm format.

I only saw it in standard 70mm. 15/70 IMAX is overrated.

>15/70 IMAX is overrated.
I'd agree in general for most movie releases, it's just an upscale, but Nolan filmed 75% of Dunkirk specifically with the 15/70mm IMAX cameras, so Dunkirk is a special case where you actually are getting the full potential from the format.

It's beyond Dunkirk's case, IMO. IMAX's sound systems are largely inferior to a properly-tuned traditional sound system. IMAX is needlessly brittle loud, and any complaint to the theater's manager is void because every morning IMAX's servers connect to the theater to remotely re-calibrate it and reset its levels to ear-splittingly loud. A true-to-life survivor of the Dunkirk evacuation was invited to an IMAX screening of the film, and later commented that its sound system, coupled with the film, was louder than the actual event.

And the AMC I went to showed the standard 5-perferation 70mm version of the film in its flagship auditorium, which is fitted for Dolby Atmos. Dunkirk did not have an Atmos mix, but thanks to the added low-frequency definition to the surrounds an Atmos sound system offers, there's still an advantage. Also, it's worth noting that an Atmos system would be total garbage if it wasn't tuned properly.

As for film negative, yes 75% of the film would look better in IMAX, but what about the other 25%? Now the picture is cut-off by a margin and the film looks grainier. It's more seamless in 5/70.

I only speak for the Regal Mall of Georgia IMAX, but the sound system there was not overwhelming loud and I thought well calibrated. I don't know the technicalities of the networked IMAX system, but on the physical side, a decoded signal would get passed along to amplifier and at some point in the chain, there has to be hardware specific to the configuration of particular theater, so I don't think all loudness issues can be placed on remote configuration.

I had the opposite experience with Blade Runner, there's an Atmos theater that I used to frequent, and I saw my first viewing of BR49 there, and everything was a bass shaking mess and utterly deafening. I was so disappointed I went to the nearest AMC LieMAX and found the audio balance much more pleasing, and almost silent by comparison, but dialogue was incredibly clear and discrete surround elements like the rain drops were much more detectable.

I'll give you this one, the 70mm inserts were noticeably of lesser quality, but they only made up 25% of the movie, the other 75% was jaw dropping cinematography with insane detail density and unbelievable contrast levels, especially noticeable when flames were on screen, and presented in 1.43 full frame aspect ratio.

I was actually planning to see Dunkirk again in 15/70 IMAX, as that high-profile AMC does have the largest IMAX in the city, (I guess the beans are spilled. It's obviously AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13.) but since the 5/70 show of theirs I attended was interrupted I went to see it again elsewhere. This time, it was a smaller independent theater that also got a 5/70 print, and they have been getting the influx of 70mm prints from Warner Bros. so their crew actively had more experience. No scratches, minimal dirt, just a clean, rock-steady presentation. Sound system wasn't as good.

Looking back, I kind of regret not seeing Dunkirk in 15/70, not a whole lot but a little bit. Could've been a cool experience but too damn expensive and crowded. Also AMC left me a bad taste in my mouth anyways after their faulted 5/70 show.

Wait, isn't Dunkirk one of the only movies filmed in true IMAX? Doesn't that mean that it will be perpetually playing at IMAX theaters until other truIMAX films are created? I've only been to a true imax theater once in Miami but it was only showing old documentary type films, not even upscaled IMAX films.

I don't know who I hate more in that video.

It is, I noticed it was on the schedule for the holiday season again when I last looked. The TN Aquarium upgraded to IMAX Laser, only about 19 installations in North America, and I'd like to see it there for comparison to the 15/70 experience.

Is the balding Jedi using the force to calm this mystery meat down? A-are Jedis r-real?

Imagine being this guy. This is his life. This is what it's all lead up to.

it begins.

He will never watch the original trilogy with his children

see

spelled autistic wrong

theres multiple ways hehe

that's a word i've not seen all since you were born

I-is the 56% meme true?

Yes

they're speaking english.

So why do they even want it restarted in the first place?

remake everything with diversity squad and shekels

t. Soyboy

Look at all those good goyim!

If there were Pakistanis raping white girls while police without guns apologized to them, it would be Britain.

Friendly reminder that Jediism is a recognized religion in some places.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism

I thought that just something atheists filled in on their taxes, are there some legit practitioners?

I don't know, motherfucker. You tell me.
templeofthejediorder.org/

Well, I'm putting it on my taxes this year.

35mm is the equivalent of 4K, not 2K

4K can be yielded if scanned from the original camera negative, or maybe from the interpositive on high quality film stock; but by the time you strike off an internegative and then a theatrical print (4th copy generation), the overall quality has been reduced to 2K. In terms of a comparison between a 35mm theatrical print presentation and digital, it is 2K, then you lose some additional details to gate wobble as the film bends and vibrates because it's moving.

I wish the Empire had bombed that theater.

Fat, spectacled, bearded nu-male loves them tendies.

please I can only laugh so hard

56%

wew

lel

Is there a Sith version?

That racecar shot is from super speedway which is a great documentary about champ car era Indy car (better era, different management) starring the andretti family. Highly recommended

In the cities, yes. Everywhere else is as white as snow.

There should be. I loved the Sith Code from KOTOR.

An aWOKENing, yeeeeessss!!!

It's a statistical certainty but I've never run into one.

Ah, a fellow WOKEN warrior! How fare your preparations for the GREAT WAR?

Nice work, user

they aren't?

my whole life is a lie

lol

0/10 not worth it

thanks fellow user. spread these shitty memes and oh exploitables as much as possible.

especially the porg one. i hate that they made chewwie not wanna eat meat.
they made chewbacca a fuckin vegan

porgs need to die.

The future is a mulatto underclass whose primarily religion is Star Wars™, living on a soy-based soylent green diet.

< FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfff
< REEEEEEEEEEEEE SET IT
< REEEEEEEEEEEEEE SET IT
< REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SET IT

(cont.)

What a fun little shitshow.