It's like they're scared they're going to make another shit modern game

It's like they're scared they're going to make another shit modern game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_rUaHgUsdUs&t=30s
twitter.com/itsamike/with_replies
sonic2hd.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/s2hd-q2-2016-progress-report.html
slashfilm.com/rent-a-hero-movie/
archive.is/yvjAT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can you really blame them, honestly? Most of the 3D games have been only been decent to moderately good at most, and absolute dogshit at the worst.

You already got your Adventure 3, faggot.

I don't see no 3 faggot.

then how about adventure 4?

Nostalgia pandering is easy money, so this was pretty smart of Sega.

I don't care, but a lot of people do. It's depressing to see how much the 3D era has fucked them up, I want to see them recover.

i love it. we've come full circle. the only way for them to make something resembling a good sonic game is to go back 20 fucking years ago and try and copy what they did on the genesis. and it's completely unnecessary. all they had to do was do what they did with sonic generations and they could have made some decent modern styled games. no stupid fucking gimmicks and shitty characters you have to play as, just sonic stages

And it only took 25 years for Sonic Team to realize that they're the problem.

hue

No joke, a full version of the Chao Adventure VMU game, with both Gardens/raising and a larger world to explore and puzzle through using your Chao's abilities, would be great. SEGA first needs to reunite the SA2-era A-LIFE programmers/designers so they can retrace how they came up with SA2(B)'s system.

There can't be a chao game without Sonic gameplay. How are you going to level up your chaos and buy things on black market?

And this is coming from autistic retard who care about other ruined video games. The difference is that there is a hope for Sanicfags to get something worthwhile while your dreams and hopes more than likely are ruined forever.

This is Sonic's Megaman 9. They've been talking a ot of shit, so they can't really afford to fuck this up.

Also, I think I read that it's not the only new game announcement tonight. Sonic Team isn't making Mania.

God damn that title animation. Clean as hell.

I think it looks breddy good.

I think their biggest issue was just how much they hyped it up. It looks fun in the same way a rom hack does. It just didn't need a whole fucking event to announce it. The live performance at the end made up for it though.

since when did booby exist on that

It looks like fucking shit, it's like Sega stole some generic fangame and put their logo on it

Only the spergiest of spergs will buy this

Also

What makes you say it looks like shit? It actually looks pretty alright.

It could be a Pokemon Go-like.

being edgy and contrarian make him said that

I wonder who could be behind that post

Seems like they're going to announce another sonic game near the end of the conference.

Let's hope. They seem like they are stalling time for something.

What the fuck do Sega think they're doing?

My biggest issue with this game is that it is going to take them 8 more months (maybe) to finish.

My second issue is that it looks like a fan romhack. I mean, I'll play it, but it doesn't look that inspired.

Both of the above just make SEGA look lazy as fuck.

People have been begging Sega to make a new proper 2D Sonic game. Those cries got louder when the Sonic CD port and Whiteman's involvement were announced.

I think it's just people don't really treat 2D platformers with pixel graphics seriously. It doesn't sounds like this is anniversary game, however. Unless they want to put shitton of content in it. on the level of Rayman Origin/Legends maybe.

As someone who hated the Adventure games this is really fucking good.

DUDE
HELLO KITTY
LMAO

I'd fuck it.

So is the stream officially over?

Somewhere Richard Kuta is smiling!

Alright, with this guy leading the project, I can believe it's going to be good. If nothing else, you can rest assured he will not fuck up the physics (looking at you, Dimps).

There are game journalists that were SNES fanboys that are triggered by any new Sonic game.

The physics were like that so it could be more easily played on a smartphone touch screen.

Generations 2 wasn't a bad announcement.

shut up NIGGER

Out of curiosity, I replayed the Genesis Sonic games to see if I actually even like those any more.

Turns out, I don't. In fact, I'm not sure I even ever would have if it wasn't the only game my parents got me.

Actually, I was excessively bored by all of it. I expected a rush of nostalgia and sheer delight as I replayed my childhood, but all I found was disappointment and the sudden realization that I was a very naive child with very underdeveloped taste and very very easily amused.

Redeemed.

OP in suicide watch for talking shit too early

also how is the drop dash new?
isn't that in the sonic cd games?

Now play some Mario games and realise how much better they always were.

actually tbh I don't like platformers

Play Sonic CD and Before the Sequel

There a kind of magic to those that the other three are missing

yes fuck you, sonic cd was tight shit

I was just playing it for the first time waiting for the event to start up, it's shit for the most part, makes me want to play a better Sonic game.

Before the Sequel or Sonic CD

Sonic CD

Is the retro sonic port which I can't fucking find any good? does it fix retarded shit like the spin dash animation?

Sonic Mania looks good, nice fluid animations that particular hue of blue, the new world styles, can't wait to play.

The Taxman remaster does change the spin dash to be like Sonic 2's.

yeah, it uses the Sonic 2 spin dash. it might be why I prefer it.

Damn, the mental image is fucking amazing. Someone get on this right now.

No

Nigger you are dumb

Good now where the fuck do I find it?

steam

Here's some beta footage taken by a SOA employee.

I've spent my entire night shitposting about some shitty livestream about a convention for a franchise for autistic little children.

How'd my life get to this?

It may look like a high polish romhack, but it looks way more like a proper Sonic 4 than the episodic garbage we got years back just from the trailer alone.

oh my FUCK

It looks much better than a romhack with a lot of polish it looks better than what Sega themselves put out.

It's about fucking time they actually made a 2D game instead of the shitshow Sonic 4 was.

I really hope it's good. First time in a fucking long while I'm hopeful for a Sonic game.

Exactly.
This guy and the Headcannon Engine is a guarantee that the gameplay will be good.

I was happy to see that the guy's still working, and the engine's not dead yet.

Sadly, the engine is closed source. He's too much of an autist to let somebody else get into it

ITS SONIC CD 2
MY DICK IS SO HARD

Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit, I'm actually excited for a game for once - a sonic game, no less

No, it is. It definitely is. Oh god it is.

Ten seconds in google.
youtube.com/watch?v=_rUaHgUsdUs&t=30s
Does it not embed properly with a timecode?

This is all they had to do to make another fucking good Sonic game.

And it only took them 23 fucking years.

I didn't like the first Sonic (the one that I tried before). Played the first one again last week and actually liked it. I played it with an arcade stick this time. It actually made the game a lot better because of how sensitive the controls are. Didn't try to go fast either. I will take my precision over speed.

SONIC MANIAC DEMO ROM RELEASE WHEN?!?

I don't understand what it is with you fucking retards seeing anything that has any once of pixel art in it thinking its an actual rom.

You've been in three different threads saying this shit.

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

sleep tight johnny

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

That's not even the half of it.
This just keeps getting better and better.

wait a second.
WAIT JUST A SECOND.
THAT VAN

Technically, "actual roms" aren't ROM, they're just ripped binaries and assets from a cartridge's ROM. They're as much ROMs as an ISO is a disc.

I agree that that poster is retarded, though, as any real ROM was at some point saved in a ROM form.

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

I know I'm continually posting stuff, but I mean.
Holy shit, I can't believe the level of just shit I'm finding in this short clip.

Sleep tight johnny

Gr8, I hope they have zones from all Genesis/Mega Drive sonics. but I hope these zones don't eat into the amount of new Zones.

Does anyone have that Knuckles remix that has the line "CUCK CUCK ITS CUCKLES." I thought I'd be able to find it on youtube easily but underestimated how many shittier versions there are.

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

Master System wouldn't hurt either. Remastered Bridge Zone would be great.

The best versions of Sonic 1 and 2 are only on mobile. Hopefully those are unlockable here.

Frankly, what I really want is a compilation of those remakes, the CD remake, and a new one of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. If they threw those together and added the new stuff they're advertising here, I'd pay full price for a disc of that.

Wow I never expected this. Well it looks great and sounds great and only the good characters are in the game. No retarded friends and no retarded new friends either. I'll buy it.

It's too good, holy shit.

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

man, they should get whitehead to give us sonic xtreme for the 50th anniversary

should have titled it "Sonic 4Real this time guys"

I can feel it - the spirit of 90s Sonic. Oh man, this sounds gorgeous indeed.

It'd better have a physical release… also, interesting note: The Sonic 2017 trailer has a generic NX logo in the platforms whereas Mania doesn't. Haha, fuck you Nintendo

Anyone else kind of hoping for light storytelling similar to 3&kuckles?

I never played the Master System versions because they looked like junk, also my first console was a Mega Drive.

The whole thing is pure bliss as if Sonic as a series never missed a fucking beat, the new remastered Green Hill Zone sounds great too but that invincibility theme is excellente.

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

Everyone always bitches about Sonic never having a story in the classic games, so we'll never again have a story like the one that was actually in the classic games. Plus, the old games actually tried to build lore slowly, all the Genesis games, even Knuckles Chaotix, were building up to Sonic Adventure, which also made sure to directly reference Sonic CD. But because of marketers ignored the story and thus american kids ignored the story, Sonic isn't allowed to have a story anymore.

oh shit i only just realized the cool rotating island is sonic's head, that's neat

Jesus, the goddamn details in this game are insane

how underage 8/v/ is?

Sonic Mania is being handled by Taxman, a sonic fangame dev who got picked up by SEGA to handle ports of 2 and CD on iOS and PC sans 2. (which were pretty damn good ports; they were done by scratch too)

now he's handling the new Sonic title Sonic Mania.

He also did a similar port of Sonic 1, but for some reason CD is the only one that's on PC, PS, or XB. The others are only on Android and iOS. But if they were on something that wasn't retarded for playing platformers, they're by far the best versions of those games.

You can just emulate them with Bluestacks

Not the point.

sleep tight johnny

I'm pretty sure it'll have a physical. If Boom had one, this one should too.

From the graphics so far, this could probably be downsized for a 32X'd Genesis. Still, wish they had a Vita version too - this kind of game would work wonders as a portable game (3DS screens are shit so it's out of the question).

With any luck, the other autists at Sonic Retro will do a Genesis version of it in their spare time.

As I pretty much expected it to happen, they're currently spazzing over the announcement. Can't blame them, part of their bodies is comprised of Genesis Sonic game ASM code and romhacks.

I'm definitely optimistic for this particular title, no so much about Generations 2 DARK EDGY CHAOTIC CITY EDITION.
This is Taxman (Whitehead)'s chance to shine and from what we've seen so far it's looking good.

sleep tight johnny.

Beware

What?

I'd be more excited to hear a cool remix of some songs from 2.

no, fuck off, just fuck off…….not this time…….just let us have this.

Sonic CD was the worst of the classic games. The level design was shit.

This doesn't count.

Sega actually did something right with sonic for the first time in two decades.

Game looks awesome, music sounds cool. I seriously hope there's a physical copy

yes user, he total being tiggered

I'M SO FUCKING SORRY

One job, user.

One fucking job. You could've posted a picture for us during the crazy stickies.

This looks an awful lot like sonic bts and ats. Hopefully it will be as good as those games.
Also, I'm wondering what's up with Spark the electric jester. Considering LakeFeperd's reputation, I'm optimistic in how it will turn out. I haven't seen an update from him in about a month from now.

Sonic Team isnt even developing this, theyre devrloping Sonic 2017

They rearized they are the probrem so they ret someone with rear tarrent make the rear game.

This is such an out of date relic, the only people that use it are more out of touch than the image itself

With Sonics fanbase being what it is
Can you blame them?
Anyway looks like a neet little throwback. At least it's not trying to be "sonic 4."

this

this.
"3D sonic is bad" is a meme. The reality is that the quality is all over the place.

So is it going to be a ton of old levels redone? Sort of like another tribute like generations?

OH GOD THAT MUSIC

Colors and Generations are the only good 3D sanic games. Unleashed would've been too if it didn't have the werehog levels.

not bad

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you chumps.

I think SA2 is great and I only played it recently.

Yes! Exactly what Sonic needed! FUCK YOU 3D SONIC GAMERS!

I think you meant to say you enjoyed your time with SA2 because it is an objectively shit game.

kill yourself faggot

All the 2017 one needs to do is be like Generations with the finale of Colors and we're golden. With that and this game I'm glad there's more stuff to look forward to.

Wouldn't that be fucking swell.

"Hey parents, remember the console wars? Well we're bringing it back!"

I'm not the one who gloats about enjoying shitty games.

Why do people want this, it aged horribly. Even playing it now for the first time is horrible.

If were on about this then we will hopefully get Desert Dazzle

I had a laugh when one of the Retrofags called it the new Dust Hill Zone. They're making their own memes at this point

sleep tight johnny

Sonic adventures is the only game where nostalgia goggles, or maybe autism goggles (?), actually exist.

I went back and played a shit ton of classics that I never got to play when they came out.
And I swear to god Sonic Adventure gave me cancer to the fucking brain

It's so fucking bad

The 3D games were fun.

Webmed for the future.

Whatever you want to tell yourself man.

holy shit

And even back then people thought SA2 was worse.

I mean goddamn, that voice acting? You have to TRY to be that bad.

I guess I could make one spliced with the audio from the gamexplain video.

That's some beautiful as fuck animation.

No reason to change a fun game.

So other than Sonic 17 being a just a CG trailer, Mania, Jun shredding his guitar, ohnny shredding his vocal chords and even Eggman's VA acknowledging the god awful buzzing on the livestream
twitter.com/itsamike/with_replies

Anything of note?

That's pretty rad tho.

More like Sonic Saturn

Damn, this looks fucking neat. No autism, only original characters, that studiopolis level looks fun. Honestly, I am not a big fan of first Sonic, I hope there will be more content from second game.

Also I don't like the running animation.

And that's how real Sonic 4 should've looked like.

As far as I'm concerned, this IS Sonic 4.

The game feels more next-gen than fucking Uncharted 4.

Give it the audio from the end of the reveal trailer.

They completelly copied the Sonic CD sprite and stage elements. Not even an attempt at making renewed hi-res sprites or backgrounds. Why are they so lazy?

Heck, I see more effort in this fan made Sonic 2 remake.

That looks like a browser flash game

the music is good though

Is there a 2D Sonic collection torrent or something?

You can find them all on Emuparadise and the filesize of all the worthwhile ones combined is probably only 100 or so MB, dude.

are you just baiting or really retarded

Can I emulate them though?

only 2d sonic games that might be harder to emulate would be the rush and rivals ones, from ds and psp. everything else should be easy to emulate.

MD/Genesis/CD/GG emulation got almost perfected by the Sega guy who made Kega Fusion.

Said hardER, not hard.

It's not harder, you dumbass. PPSSPP is one of the easiest emulators to use.

It's an edit. Sadly.

i'd yiff her

And that Sonic 2 remake project is fucking dead.

for those who are unaware, those 3 characters are actual sonic characters, one of the tail games on the game gear, I forget the name, but Archie reintroduced them in their role of working under Wendy Witchcart

current arc was neat and they're working in the cut HPZ from S2 in the current Sonic Universe Arc

No one cares.

It's not actually dead. Progress has always been glacially slow, but it's still actively worked on. A release with Emerald Hill, Chemical Plant and Hill Top will be coming in the not-too-distant future

you know someone would come in screaming about "MUH OCs"

better to get it out preemptively

Actually I do. I was going to find the source but I'm a lazy fuckhead.

So thank you.

Taxman made fangames, I think that's his point.

Do I unleash autism by stating that Generations was half-decent?

Really? Sweet, I remember first seeing years ago thinking how good it could be and I never heard much since.

No. Generations is almost universally considered to be decent.

Has the Sonic Cycle started again or is this going to finally be the way past cool game we wanted

sonic2hd.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/s2hd-q2-2016-progress-report.html

Stop projecting.

Hi-res sprites are still sprites.

Stfu, sonic cd is garbage with shit level design, this is clearly Sonic1/2 inspired.

The Sonic Cycle hasn't been relevant in almost 6 years. Barring Sonic Boom there's hasn't been an objectively bad game since Colors.

Honestly? I believe that both games will be really good. When SEGA said last year that they were going to start focusing on making good games rather than rushing for deadlines, they appear to have meant it.

Colours had some annoying gameplay issues that were fixed in Generations, but then Generations had other issues (like being short and having shit boss fights). If this upcoming 3D game is being done right, it could potentially be amazing. "Generations but with new levels" is basically what we all wanted instead of Lost World. I get why some people are bothered by the presence of Classic Sonic, but I don't mind it if it means we get a worthy successor to Generations. I just hope the PC version isn't a shitty port this time. Also the trailer makes the plot look like edgy bullshit. Hopefully they're not that retarded.

The 2D one will be fine. Sonic Team have realised they're so bad at making 2D Sonic games, they might as well get fans to do it.

I still can't believe anyone actually prefers green eyes spindly legs Sonic to the original, the original still looks cool as fuck.

It's what fans have wanted for ages since time and time again, they've proven that sonic is dogshit in 3d.
don't fuck this up sega

I don't think it's an aesthetic preference that people are complaining about, it's more of a "we already have a new 2D classic game, why is the 3D game going to be half 2D and half half-2D half-3D" thing.

So what was on the USB drive they handed out with the swag bag?

You should check out some gameplay videos. It seems very likely that it'll be another classic. Plus they're working with Taxman and some other SonicRetro guys on it.

The only thing it is missing is music from Richard Jacques, Sonic3D music was god tier

Not really, SEGA is just publishing, the guy who did the iphone sonic ports of 1/2/CD is making the game.

It's not SEGA behind it though, it's the Taxman.
And he's more than capable, especially when you consider some BR Chucklefuck with not even half his skillset (LakeFeperd) was still able to make After the Sequel.
And After the Sequel was a fucking homerun in and of itself. I'm fairly certain my hope isn't misplaced with Whitehead, especially if Studiopolis is anything to go by.

I mean there's a god damned Streets of Rage reference in it, but it's like the other references I've found and posted in this thread.
It's subtle, you'd only get it if you knew the source material, and done in such a way as to inobtrusive and blend in if you don't get the reference.

MOTHERFUCKING PINBALL PHYSICS ARE BACK

OC from the thread when it happened.

Yeah, tbh I don't get the cynicism in this thread.
This looks genuinely good.
This is basically the only game I've been excited about in years (excluding the ff7 remake).

Decent meaning good, despite having some significant flaws, and therefore not 10/10 territory. I don't think I've ever seen anyone argue otherwise.

I know right? Taxman is more than capable, and I'm just so god damned excited for a Sonic game for the first time since I was little.
Studiopolis alone blows the past ten to fifteen years of Sonic out the water, I can't wait to see what this madman has in store for the Casino level.

This has happened before, over, and over, and over again, seems like anything remotely attached to sonic is doomed to disappoint, even the OC DO NOT STEAL shit like freedom planet.

also the mini boss theme gave off an 80s-90s vibe which I loved

this is gonna be sweet I can't fucking wait

Yeah I get that Sonic is probably best known for disappointment these days.
I haven't enjoyed a single installment since S&K…but this does genuinely look like what we've all been waiting for: a direct successor to the classics, full of nostalgia and also sensible gameplay updates.
I'm a bit suspicious of the whole 'classic levels rehashed for the millionth time' thin, but hopefully they jig them up a lot and also put most of their effort into creating new zones.

goodbye healthy skepticism, hello unhealthy optimism

So you're a casual retard wearing nostalgia goggles?

It is fucking delicious, isn't it.
Fair play, studiopolis zone looks sumptuous too.
Gotta love saturated pixel-ness.

that just makes me hate it more

The music for studiopolis has a mighty switch force feel to it

Better than being a pretentious hipster who thinks that his taste in videogames is a measure of his sophistication.
Be honest; does 7 irk you because of its flaws or because it's so popular?

Wow, keen eye, user.

I actually like 7, but getting hyped over modern Square Enix making a remake is retarded. Just like getting hyped over a modern Sonic game; it's like you're living in the 90's still and think these companies actually still make good games and haven't sold out or lost the original creators.

But yeah, I'm such a hipster for not getting hyped about a cash-in remake. Kill yourself casual.

I dont mean to alarm you guys, but I noticed that in this game Sonic's arms are not blue.

And this bothers you?

I get hyped because Squeenix making a remake means they trully are desperate and they are playing their last card before going banckrupt and be forced to sell out all their IPs to devs who will hopefully make use of them

No, but I imagine a certain someone may be ecstatic over this.

If SE sells their IPs it's likely that an even worse company would buy them. What makes you think IPs as popular as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest would go to a developer who actually cares?

Hmmm, I think I may have vexed an autist.
Put your ear muffs on, and adopt the position, little Samuel.

(I agree about square enix being shit, btw, but that's not going to prevent me from getting excited about a project for which they know they have to deliver, and which should, by its nature, draw on the glory of the psx era)

Don't underestimate Lake, in the fangaming scene he's known as some sort of game making robotic machine.
Unlike 99% of fangame devs, he's not brought down by staff drama, procrastination or writer's block issues - instead he just fucking makes games. Quite commendable.

Unlike Nintendo or Square who are bitches to fans, Sega is aware of pretty much every big Sonic fansite there is (remembering all the sites listed in the Sega online poll some time ago). I'm pretty sure they saw how the 'The Sequel' series was received (hell, it has its own Wikipedia article) and that coupled with the great reception of the Retro Engine powered ports must have motivated Sega.

Have they gone anywhere after being in that underwater kingdom? I forget what issue that is, and I need to read what happens after.

You forgot the Totinos bullshit

What about Vargant Story, Chronno Trigger, Valkyrie Profile, Parasite Eve, they also have the Legacy of Kain and Tomb Raider IPs, FF and DQ will certainly be fucked after being brought by EA or Microsoft but they have more than 2 IPs

Right. Didn't know how good those consoles were for emulating.

Vocal cords, (now called vocal folds,) are spelled cords. They are strings (cords) of tissue which vibrate to produce a sound. Chord is the musical term which refers to a harmonic set of notes being played together.

Y'know, that explains a lot, especially how they kept trying to have one new Sonic game a year. That's a hard enough proposition for major studios who have a formula that works, and given 20 years and they STILL haven't settled on a satisfactory formula for 3D Sonic that doesn't wallow in nostalgia and/or be 2D half the time, no wonder they keep screwing up in all kinds of ways.

user, they're making the fucking game in to a trilogy of full priced games. You're a fucking retard and I hope when time reveals that I was right that you reflect on that and consider sucking less dick in the future.

tbh I just want my chao, Sanic be damned

I said I was more hyped for it than anything else (other than this sonic game).
Trust me: that really ain't saying much.
I approach every videogame (and most things) assuming the worst.
Cannot deny that I am excited to get my hands on ffvii just because - if it's good, it's good: If it's bad, it's bad.

It's really pathetic. There's tons of them here too skittering around like roaches. Their parents should be allowed to euthanize them.

What's so bad about SA2?

Quotes from the CEO/President of SEGA:
“I've been talking to the employees about how we should start putting serious consideration into quality from this point on. Especially in North America and Europe, where it's always been more of a focus on schedules, I believe that if we can't maintain quality, it would be better to not release anything at all.”
“If we can make a title with proper quality, I believe there's a good chance for it to do well even in the West for players that like to play Japanese games."
“We did our best to build a relationship of mutual trust with older fans of Sega, but looking back, there've been some titles that have partially betrayed that [trust] in the past 10 years.”
“Sega in the ‘90s was known for its brand, but after that, we've lost trust, and we were left with nothing but reputation. For this reason, we'd like to win back the customers’ trust, and become a ‘brand’, once again.”

Obviously, since this is typical corporate bullshit-speak, everyone basically said "you've said this shit before, we don't believe you", but then they delayed Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice by a whole year and now they're releasing both of the 25th anniversary games in the 26th anniversary year. I am actually cautiously optimistic about SEGA now. It's a weird feeling, believe me.

You are genuinely retarded if you think the game that looks like SONIC GENERATIONS 2 or the sonic game that advertises a playable Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles isn't going to have any of sonic's friends in it.

That's be great, if that's true. I just hope that Adventure 3 isn't Legends 3.

At the very least, Webber might poke fun at it.

Might as well, they certainly won't be doing anything meaningful with their lives. God forbid they procreate.

Also a bit worried, because for some reason, it seems like they got sony to make some sort of SEGA cinematic universe or some shit.

slashfilm.com/rent-a-hero-movie/

I would rather much like VF6, tbh.

Why do you want this now when you know it will be horrible?
That ship has sailed, faggot.

But they are making one

well, after you hit the rock bottom, the only way is up.

and if sonic boom wasn't the bottom, i shudder to think it is.

It's fucking nothing. I guess the suits have a new focus for their tunnel vision.
With the assumption that this is all it is, maybe it'll be decent if the level design isn't mostly garbage this time around. But the modern stages will still likely be shit.

also, any tweets from sonic official twitter?

LIGHTS
CAMERA
ACTION

Oh man, I just remembered what that reminded me of.
Kick it.

Hmm… could be good. The question is if they will balance out number of stages with quality as that seems to be the make or break issue.

my only real gripe with generations was that it was absurdly short

if they make a game two or three times longer, it will be a good game.

and give every zone 3 acts and a boss, of course

This, this is my only problem with Generations too. Since they have more time, maybe we'll see more content in it this time.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ=

The thing with sonic games does have to do with length. The thematic of sonic games is that the speed is earned by memorizing the stages, learning the shortcuts, and getting your timing perfect.

Generations may have only had 18 stages (9 "classic", 9 modern), but in a way, this allowed easier memorization.

Colors had a shitload of stages so unless you played the hell out of a single stage/act, you probably would not memorize it.

I've also noticed that more stages = less polish on each stages (just how it tends to work) and so a balance needs to be met:

I mean, in the end, i'd prefer a smaller group of well built stages than a boatload of crummy stages, but it'd be nice to have a large amount of quality stages.

I was fine with Generations' length. What I wasn't fine with was how shit the bosses were and how many fucking city stages there were.

That's before the whole Cisbusters shit. Y'know when they were marketing the film by insulting the fanbase and promoting a she-Pixels movie as the high point of feminist film making when that's downright insulting to films with female protags that actually don't insult their audience. Y'know Cisbusters, the movie that's currently flopping and could possibly bankrupt Sony to high oblivion.

I'm actually hoping Disney buys Sony and also the Sonic film rights so we can have Disney Animation make a full animated Sonic movie.

The final boss really killed the game for me. A faq said I had to hold boost to win that battle. Weeeee….

Same here. I enjoyed Colors because of how many stages there were.

agreed, i think the stages on generations (even the classic ones) were too streamlined, sonic 2 has 11 zones, with three of them being single act zones, i wouldn't mind if they retained the 9 zones, but added two acts for modern and classic each, they don't need to make a whole new zone for that (and can reuse almost 100% of the assets) but it lengthen the game to a more wholesome package.

Oh it was much worse

>everyone still has more than enough time to go through all their lines at least twice

THAT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT

On one hand, Disney's worked with Sega before with Sonic's extended cameo in that movie with the guy I always forget the name of, so it could work, and their films are usually very solid these days. On the other hand, Disney itself is its own brand of cancer as we saw with Marvel, and it could end up screwing over SEGA unless it only pertains to movie rights and not character ownership. And considering Disney is very, very powerful and could swallow up SEGA entirely…

UGH! Who's bright idea was it to change the boss dynamic from "jump on boss" to "LOL IDUNNO"? I restarted that level twice trying to figure out how to play.

My best memory of that game is the classic level with the truck chase.

And there are still autists who actually still care about mario. What are you getting at?

I don't care what the cynics say. I'm optimistic right now for the new games.

This sort of optimism is worrying.

Whoever the composer is, he needs a medal.

It's called, Smash-it-Steve.

Honestly, at this point, who the fuck even cares anymore? We need to take off the nostalgia goggles and face the fact that the Adventure games were never truly anything to write home about; they were decent when they worked but they were overshadowed by their competition on other systems. Not only that, but they opened the floodgates for the legions of fan-fiction autists that clog up deviantART and remain the representatives of the Sonic fanbase at large, what with their tryhard stories and characters. They were the catalysts of Sonic's spiral from grace, which would eventually give us 06 and Boom, among other things, and you want Sonic Team, who are trying their damnedest to re-establish their cred as developers, to go back to this? Go fuck yourself. Fuck you and everyone like you who can't fucking let go of this.

I Thought it was Pommel-it-Pen.

Break-my boypussy-Benjamin

Jihad-it-Jeb

First issue after the 'underwater' story is #264.
Current issue is #284, and three of the issues are part of the Worlds Unite crossover special, so you've got about 17 issues of the main comic to get through.
They're still not done with the Unleashed storyline, but the newest issue has started the final arc. Here's some spoilers about what happens before then:

- A whole bunch of flashbacks to show how the game and comic continuities mesh together, and the revised designs / backstories the characters have. Dulcy, of all things, is completely redeemed as a character.
- They gained the legal rights to use (pretty much) any 'official' Sonic character, including ones from the cartoons. Highlights so far are their new interpretations of Breezie the Hedgehog, Prof. vonSchlemmer and Honey the Cat.
- One of the mini-arcs is an adaptation of Sonic Championship, an old arcade game based on Virtua Fighter.
- Even though Worlds Unite has dozens of different Sega and Capcom characters all teaming up to fight against (Mega Man X's) Sigma, the crossover somehow manages to be disappointing, mostly due to the cop-out ending.
- There's a (slightly) less edgy sequel-story to the Shadow the Hedgehog videogame in the "Universe" comics. Shadow gets an eviler, edgier alien rival, and the conflict spills over onto Angel Island. You will feel Knuckles' pain at what he ends up having to do.
- Eggman's master plan gets hijacked by Naugus and Witchcart, so he gathers all his regional generals into a strike team and personally goes to fuck Wally's shit up.

On the other hand, Disney itself is its own brand of cancer as we saw with Marvel, and it could end up screwing over SEGA unless it only pertains to movie rights and not character ownership.
What's wrong with the marvel movies? Aside from the faggots like DC or sony who are trying to copy them?

A hostile takeover? Doesn't seem to be a part of Disney's MO.

The jap said that it isn't Generations 2, just because it has Classic Sonic on it doesn't mean that it's Gens. And Generations isn't garbage you mongrel.

The Marvel movies are alright. It's their comics they've been fucking up (e.x.: Squirrel Girl); combine that with Star Wars franchise pushing liberal bullshit with The Force Awakens under Disney, I'm more concerned that some of that cancer will leak into Sonic not that this autism would need it.

Mind you, the only factor preventing this from being false is that Disney Interactive was shut down, and they'd sooner buy a console-holder than a third-party company for >muh relevance, but still.

Fingers Crossed this game as no saves files and no secret red rings, and no unlockable upgrades,

How does this franchise survive?

Already happening. The Japanese are taking back the reigns:

archive.is/yvjAT

Jeorge actually went to Disney to sell off star wars because he thought they were going to use his shitty star wars scripts to make the movies

Hope it's just their movie division, i like Playstation the way it is right now(minus the movie game shit, of course)

The Japanese know that the games divisions is their bread and butter. They're going to gut the movies division and put in new people.

It probably will have save files but also have a 'classic mode' without them.

and here's to hoping they eventually do nothing with their shitty music division and let it die

post yfw [current year] is only halfway over

Hardly. If that were true then Brexit or trump wouldn't be a thing.

what I mean by that is media dominance. If they had total dominance, they would have required all cis white males to watch the movie as a means to check their privilege

I wanna have sex with rouge

Oh. Ooooooooohhhhh. Yes. This week couldn't get any better.

Says who

SLEEP TIGHT JOHNNY

can somebody explain the context? i'm ~2 days late to this
sleep right johnny

Crush 40's singer sang like 7-8 songs in a row and decided to take a quick rest on the stage

Speaking of which, concert upload fucking when?

WHAT USB DRIVE FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

It should have been in the goodies bag they gave everyone, along with the comic, plush, and hat.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT THE FUCK IS A SONIC?!

The 3DS version of that fight fucking slays the HD versions. Which is strange because 3DS ver. is generally inferior on all other levels.

How could we forget?

hownuru

ok

who

cool

what

I haven't been keeping up to date on fan projects, wasn't after the sequel a thing? Didn't Whitehead just make that sonic engine? When did all this happen? What year is it?

I had two hats, a plush, a pin, the comic, and a challenge coin. Fuck my life.

Also, there was a binary code on the map/schedule paper thing that translates to "pancakes." There was also a secret message claiming there's a Computer Room, which I'm sure was a meme, and an even MORE secret message making fun of you for reading it.

It's pretty shit.

Just be glad you got the physical stuff, especially that collector's coin. Everything on the drive is bound to be uploaded to the internet.

I wonder if people like pic related isn't going to count Mania for not being made by Sonic Team despite them going on about how Rise of Lyric killed Sonic Team's reputation despite the exact same thing.

Think it'll outprice the Chao keychain?

Wasn't Ryse of Liric made by ex Naughty Doge developers? It explains why it was so bad on just about all levels I guess.

Mario was always better than Sonic but that didn't mean Sonic wasn't a fun time

Rise of Lyric went through absolute development hell.

There's only a few copies of the source code, and none of them can be released because the otherwise godtier programmer who wrote it is an easily butthurt jew who doesn't like anybody touching his code, or so I've heard. He also made ZBrush, if you're into that.

Alright faggots, it seems quite a few of you've never heard of Taxman or think he's got no track record whatsoever. I've been following this shit since day 1 so lemme get you up to speed on the last 8 years or so:
>It's [$CURRENT_YEAR minus 6] or 2009 if that's your thing
>tl;dw was he was pitching its potential as a sanic emulator and how it now worked on iPhone OS
>at the time the retro engine just compiled to pc and dreamcast

>It delivers beyond expectations not that it's ground breaking or anything

tl;dr a couple of guys from sonic retro have been working on classic sonic for nearly 7 years now

The real kicker was the game designer for Sonic X-treme worked on it too. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

Have you even seen what they have done to marvel and star wars? They're almost as bad as cisbusters

sleep tight johnny

CUCKOLDED
BY
A
NIGGER
IN
A
BEAR SUIT