DAMAGE CONTROL HAS BEGUN

DAMAGE CONTROL HAS BEGUN

Reminder if you don't enjoy Star Wars then you are a white supremacist sexist homophobic nazi

web.archive.org/web/20171215130240/https://www.wired.com/story/star-wars-last-jedi-inclusion/

Reminder you can watch the whole movie in this thread:

BASED

Normalfags will surely love this.

This play worked so well last time

nigga waht. i don't think you know what that phrase means
in the thread here anons are tearing the movie apart, and i don't see anyone saying "rargh there are women in it so it's terrible". these people are just butthurt. fucking gooks, mang

The fact that it's a female protagonist is garbage though.

So what exactly is the point the author of that piece trying to make? That article was all over the map, and it didn't look like there was a coherent point.

let me tl;dr
FUCK YOU NAZIS STAR WARS IS THE BEST EVER PEW PEW THERE ARE BLACK PEOPLE IN STAR WARS PEW PEW STAR WARS WILL DEFEAT THE NAZIS FUCK YOU DAD LOOK AT ME NOW IM A WRITER IM LIKE HUNTER S THOMPSON NAZIIIIIIIS GAMERGAAAAATE DRUUUUUUUUUMPF

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure this whore knows what she's talking about.

This is the author by the way

His/Her opinion means less than dogshit to me. It can have those shitty nu movies. No one else sure as hell will.

Bruh, look at this DUDE

(((Angela Watercutter)))

looks like a young (((Woody Allen)))

hol up

Lol. Unironically complaining about le 'reactionaries'. What is this wired? Communist Russia? Lol.

Yeah, the chinese.
Good luck selling your shit movie with a chink girl getting blacked there.

they're not wrong y'know

Wait, that soy boy is a woman?

ZONALD BLUMPF DID THIS!!!!

When will this forced meme end?

Probably when they stop being shit.

Er, isn't Kylo the bad guy?

Never ever then.

Upboated, fellow redditors.
XD!

You tell 'em, tumblr!!! xxDDD
#notallprequels

How can otcucks understand the amazing writing of the prequels when they can't even write a decent comeback?

I mean that was true before I didn't like the movie.

TPM is better than that shit.

Nigger we Hindu now.

Le Cringe.

Agree. I don't wanna know how clueless Hollywood (and some other companies), because they've outdone the parental watchdogs that are scared that Pokemon, Harry Potter, and D & D is satanic. It's to the point that I think these insanely clueless guys are in another dimension.

They truly don't give a single shit about consistency or well-written characters. It's all just about muh representation and their political agenda.

That and they pretend that every single one of these dime a dozen "strong female characters" is somekind of revolutionary breakthrough.

There's now one in every action movie. Always the same boring, nondescript and shallow action fuckdoll without any flaws or personality other than snarky flirty bullshit.

Why?

When can I start pooping on the floor?

PROFIT! Fuck Disney Soy Wars fans.

That really is the downfall of those characters' quality, and I reckon it stems from the writers feminist perspective. To their minds, women have been downtrodden and mistreated by the patriarchy for eternity, so to right those wrongs they must present the heroines as flawless beings. This is of course completely retarded, and doesn't make for good writing at all as it falls flat both in terms of authenticity and realism. There is absolutely nothing wrong with female characters in principle, it's just these fuckwits' incessent need for mary sues that ruin them. It's on the same level as *teleports behind you, nothing personel kid* faggotry.

Ftfj

They've been in movies since forever. My stoner dudebro friends would always cheer when a kickass babe would show up and start suplexing vampires. It shows how insulated these soyboys are that they think showing a hot karate chick kicking unreasonable amounts of ass is somehow sticking it to the jocks that beat them up in school.

They SAY inclusion. What this really translates to is, “We will cram [UNTALENTED] performers for our gratification in a franchise we superficially cared about. And even if it’s a bad movie, it’s good—because inclusion.”

If that has to be the selling point then these people have no business making movies or writing about them. You get a crappy product.

I don’t care that Rey is a woman. I don’t care that Finn is black even though I don’t think he’s that handsome. That Vietnamese actress looks like she was pulled right out of a Berkeley Antifa gathering.

Truely Shakesperian! Brava, Lucas, Brava!

This is your brain on OT

In action roles? They're not built for those, in neither mind or body.

They could make an action movie about the disproportionate weakness of a woman, her having to overcome it and it would add a real sense of fear to the character.

quit it

I like how they shooped her face to make her less ugly.

The Last Jedi was literally the most kino film in the series along with ROTS

Explain. You can't just bait like that on Holla Forums. You need some spice.

I will continue with this

I'm not even joking, Rian Johnson just did something with Star Wars like Lucas tried to do and did do with ROTS, he made legit filmmaking bravado.

Go out and see it and enjoy, the first 10 min or 15 min are a little weary but ill be damned if I stack it up film wise compared to Empire it wins. It beats every film in the OT.

Now all films are different but it's top 3 Star Wars along with ROTS and ESB

Fuck off nigger. Harry Potter is reddit shit and not kino either and Emma Watson is a talentless cunt.

God you're gay

I watched it for free on here, and don't see why you think it's a good movie. Please expand on your assertions.

Really depends on the setting I'd say. Including front-line female soldiers in a realistic war movie is indeed totally asinine, but having a female sorceress be the main character of a high-fantasy action flick could work, for example.

I'll happily agree that women are not in general suited for physical conflict, and it bothers me to no end when stories try to ignore basic biological realities. However, having exceptional characters only becomes a problem if they're not treated as such by the rest of the world. I know this is not the best way to illustrate my point but Brienne in GoT heavily deviates from the norm as a woman, but everyone in that setting also acknowledges this fact. That, to my mind, at least makes it authentic. I would argue that exceptional situations also could justify female warriors. If for some reason a large portion of the female population went sterile with clear symptoms it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable for a nation fighting a losing battle in a prolonged war to make use of them to bolster their shrinking ranks. However, even in that scenario, the female warriors shouldn't be some special elite GURLPOWAH unit, but merely subpar soldiers in a hellish struggle.

Yep. Pretending women are as capable as men (or more capable) has a limited shelf life.

user nobody was talking about any of that, you need to hang yourself ASAP for being such an enormous triggered litte fagboi

Kill yourself.

Holla Forums BTFO

You aren't already?

In the original Terminator and to a lesser degree Terminator 2, Sarah Connor is incredibly vulnerable, and it's a big part of why those films are so tense and exciting.
Same with the Alien series.

He's a nigger.
Also a faggot.
You could quite reasonably call him a nigger-faggot.

It's like they enjoy sucking the fun out of things. That article talking about the "practicality of leia's resistance" as if practicality belongs in star wars at all is just baffling.

You are right. Those movies dared to depict a female protagonist. Only the first ones though. Aliens and Terminator 2 completely ruin them. Terminator 2 tried to take it to the logical conclusion of her going insane though atleast, but T2 as much fun as it is sucks the artistry out of the series. Cameron is such a bland movie maker.

Wasn't the alliance the good guys in 4, 5, 6? IIRC I've read so awesome fan theories that the ebil meanies were truly the good side.

All I know is that the Empire was always the big merch driver behind star wars and with disney completely shitting them up they lost a ton of toy sales. Which, let's face it, is the true reason to make these movies at all now.

T2 Sarah is stronger, but not to a retarded degree. She still barely stands a chance against the T-1000. Remember the scene at the end where he's torturing her, trying to make her call to John? That was great, and something that just wouldn't be allowed in a film by a feminist ideologue.

I said Alliance and meant Empire.

These are isolated tales with women who rise to the occasion.
Where as Rey is literally the King Arthur/Achilles/MikeTyson of her universe. It's completely retarded in that context and destroys any possibility of timelessness.

Grouping them all as 'femal protags' is missing the point.

You going to crack more Colbert jokes like yesterday?

The Mary Sues we can lump together with a clear conscience I think.

female protags need to be erased.
back to the kitchen
back to the side roles
back to being lovers OH GOD NO NOT THAT, THEY MIGHT HAVE TO PORTRAY WOMEN WITH DUDES AGAIN

There's a title for the female lead of a movie that's just a female playing a male role. I forget what it's called but I remember reading an article about it like 2-3 years ago about how there's this new "surge of female leads!!!" it was about Orphan Black, I can't find it though.

If you count Tatiana Maslany as one character that show had barely any women.

Is it "anti-hero"? That just popped into my head.

polite sage

Another good female centric action movie. The core struggle is really the emotional distress the main character feels being forced to do things she wasn't built for.

Distaff counterpart?

There are many great female led or female written/directed movies and series around, they get ignored by the 'progressive media' because exceptions are bad for the narrative, and they only care about BLOCKBUSTERS.
American Psycho, Outlander, Deep Impact, Pet Sematary, Shrek, Soska sister's movies, Babadook, Strange Days, etc…

As in most activities, women tend towards the mean, and men towards the extremes, being either the best or the worst. They just can't get their heads around that.

Oy vey. Consume our propaganda, goyim.

Dunno. I call it gender-switching. Sometimes it can work. In Star Wars though, Rey's role is meant to represent the premier athlete/warrior of her age. It would be like an 18 year old girl who never played b-ball beating Lebron James in a 1on1. It's just bizarre and the obvious push of some progressive agenda.

I thought the Anita-approved term was "fighting fucktoy".

Its actually "man with boobs"

tfw you live in the timeline where you watch a new StarWars(tm) via small clickable talking moving pictures on an esoteric vietnamese basketweaving forum

How will they defend last jedia bombing in China? A nation with no white people

(Heiled)
I don't think it would be that hard for an 18 year old girl to beat Lebron James at the moment, shaking my damn head to be quite honest, family senpai.

I genuinely have no idea why people are so upset that this movie in a franchise for children doesn't have a great narrative. What the heck were they expecting?

or a frightened white priviliedediiged manboy with an uncertain future

You are the reason nothing will ever get better.

lol they changed it. Before the headline was "will be too inclusive for some people" instead of "will bother some people."

they f4skin' KNOW they weaponized it!

When I tell normies this, they always scoff and ask me if I got molested by a rabbi.

I hope they keep pushing the liberal ideology together with awful movies. In the end the judaic progressive cult will be associated with shit and shitty films are already associated with sjw politics. It's a great combo to make people wake up and reject the liberal poison pill.

Back in the day kikes were more subtle and clever, not these days.

Is it answer the call ™ yet?
was I right?

FFS I almost feel bad for niggers and chinks tbh if their cultural heroes are based on characters from soy wars.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

They aren’t. Not a single nigger boy looks up to Finn. They want to be Lebron or OJ.

FN can't even steal his own ships, has BB8 do it for him.

Its not pride, they just have to keep going with the agenda. It can't stop at a token black guy in the cast, it can't stop at stronk womyn, it can't stop with miscegenation. It must go on more, until the day there is no more resistance to this. Until the day they can have people talk of Star Wars and mean these new ones, when people talk of classics, they talk of the Avengers and 12 Years a Slave.

Who oversees the fuckhuge toy factories that shit out millions of cheap star wars toys?

More chinks. It's chinks all the way down.

China is the second largest movie market. They even have cultural advisers from the Chinese government on site when they make movies.

Amen. I can only suspend my disbelief so much.

This person needs at the very least to get fired and forcibly interned in an insane asylum.

every time