The Matrix Thread

Why can't the machines just stick some electrodes onto a bunch of cows and call it a day?
It makes no sense to deal with rebellious humans, still conscious no less.

stop beating a dead horse

The one thing I never understood about the movie is how did Cypher get into the Matrix by himself to talk to Agent Smith? Like shouldn't there be 2 people to make sure that someone gets into the matrix?

I think animal wildlife was pretty much wiped out in the war
Anyway the movie makes much more sense when you take in consideration that the first version of the plot had the machines using the humans and the matrix to use their cerebral impulses to help them handle their data memory or some shit like that, only it was considered too complicated for the normalfag audience by the producers, so instead they went for the battery thing

That's one major plot hole i couldn't help to notice already the very first time i watched the movie, when i was like 9

When you do a shitty rip-off and don't think it through it'll end up having horrible plot holes. That's the lesson here, I reckon.

What is it a rip-off of?

maybe one of the whole points of the shitty sequels

The battery is the only explanation given, the rest is your personal interpretation and headcanon. You would make for a very poor researcher, coming up with unsubstantiated bullshit just for muh feels.

Ghost in the Shell, for starters.

I always assumed he just casually asked someone late at night (probably Mouse) to plug him in so he can get laid or whatever. Probably isn't the first time he's asked for this request (and he's not the only one who has) so the person who plugged him in promised to give him some privacy for a few hours and once he was in, he went off to have dinner with one of the agents.

If it's too hard to buy that they would leave him completely unmonitored, maybe the Smith was in disguise as a regular person and its just an aesthetic choice that we the audience can see him in his true form.

I have a hard time believing they would let someone into the matrix for purely recreational purposes, much less leave him unmonitored

It was as much about punishing the humans as it was about energy.

>sequals try to (((unite))) human kind under one banner
Go back to reddit, OP

Most if not all of those points are dealt with in Animatrix.

It wasn't about efficiency. If you ever saw Animatrix you would know they only used humans for subjugation and pride reasons.

They were still men when they made the first movie

I guess it makes sense if you're a faggot who thinks they're a woman.

The robots dindu nuffin and only took over the world because humans oppressed them. The robots in the matrix aren't the stereotypical emotionless robots from literally any other movie. Watch the Animatrix you fucking retard. Kill yourself once you're through.

You're right, the robots must at least be transwomyn if they where strong and independent enough to seize the humans means of production.

Something about their picture makes me happy.

Wasn't that already obvious from the first movie?

AI reaches AGI or even ASI without being based on neural nets, which are in turn based on human brains? Seems fishy too me

Again, it wasn't efficiency, it was revenge you illiterate cuck

Revenge is a waste of time

Isn't the ultimate revenge absolute genocide?