Jesus christ

Jesus christ

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/cTKog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh it shows

He was dealt a bad hand by JJ, but somehow Rian managed to make it far worse.

Even the MCU has a mapped story!

and even that was just the mapped story for A New Hope, with a few names changed

I bet Disney regret scrapping the sequel trilogy outline now.

I want it to leak.

That's epsidode 7 all over. Set up a whole bunch of plot threads and mysteries with no answers. Why do you have Anakin's lightsaber, Discount Yoda? "That's a question for another time." What's up with that flashback about Rey's parents abandoning her? No idea. What happened to make Ben turn to the dark side? I guess I thought I didn't need to explain, since "He betrayed and murdered your father" was all you needed to know about Darth Vader. What's the deal with Snoke? He's the bad guy.

You'd think that the people working on one of the biggest names in science fiction would have watched some Star Trek and seen what happens when you do a two part story for the season-ending cliffhanger without actually writing the second half until after you come back from the break. But clearly basic competence in their own field is too much to expect.

This.

Do you have an archive of that tweet, faggot?

If there's one thing Disney wouldn't want to leak it's that. They have probably burned all documents, smashed the harddrives and MKUltra'd the people who came into contact with it. Because imagine for a second people had an actually good outline to compare this trainwreck to, imagine what that would do to the public opinion of what we got.

Since OP is too much of a faggot:
archive.is/cTKog
twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/869011501889200128

Really? There wasn't a story? What a shocker!

But seriously, could Rich actually be… dareIsay… /ourguy/? He made it bad on purpose for us, didn't he?

Someone should make an opposite of these posts.

Fuck

The thing with Rey's parents is bizarre too.

It's both the laziest writing and in many ways also very clever. JJ is like that kid in school who never studied but was good at bullshitting and being vague enough to convince people he knew what he was talking about.

It's important to note that although many use mysteries as devices, like Lynch used the murder of Laura Palmer as a central mystery, those have a completely different purpose than JJ's mystery boxes. Mysteries can be great in a story, especially when the solution is a good one, but it doesn't even need to be resolved. Even a hack like Lindelof can use mysteries effectively, there were several big questions that drove Prometheus and that was what the film was about.

JJ doesn't do that, he's not interested in exploring the mysteries at all, instead he uses them to get the plot to where he wants it to go. He highlights those questions make it seem like there's answers to them, instead of thinking Rey a bullshit character he makes it a mystery who she is. How did this old dried up diversity orange get this lightsaber? It's a mystery! Why did Luke leave? It's a mystery! At no point however are those mysteries actually explored even a little but rather swept under the rug as he introduces yet another mystery.

Yuuzhan Vong are just a ripoff of Tyranids from 40k

Tyranids are just discount Zergs.

The "best" (i.e. worst) mysteries are the ones like where the knights of ren came from and who Snoke is, among others – the characters themselves should know these things, but the writers can't think of anything so it's left unexplained to the audience.

Anything about the Knights of Ren in the new movie?

So he's pretty much admitting all of that crap was his fault. Way to go dumbass.

They predate Zerg by over a decade you subhuman filth.

I don't even think they were mentioned. Even the stuff from TFA that could've been salvaged was wadded up and thrown in the trash.

It was just a meme, bro.

For the first time in a long time, I'm honestly happy with how terribly this clusterfuck of a trainwreck turned out. I haven't felt happiness in over a year, and before that I hadn't felt it in almost a decade. Now I'm so happy that I have no idea how to proceed. Am I supposed to just keep smiling and reveling in this feeling of content while shitposting? It feels fucking weird but good, but still weird.