Should I sell my original 3DS and get a New 3DS?

Should I sell my original 3DS and get a New 3DS?

Bump

sure, whatever

why

If you answer at least two of those positively, then maybe you should consider the possibility,

Sure, I guess. Just make sure you get a good price on the N3DS.

If the old 3ds is hacked don't do it. If not, sell it and hack the n3ds

No you should install cfw on your 3ds.

I'd say only do it if you're planning to take advantage of homebrew/emulation. Otherwise I think you'll live waiting for whatever their next handheld will be.

Just wait until Nintendo releases their new handheld and buy that. I'm sure it'll have backwards compatibility.

do you plan on buying snes games? do you play monster hunter? do you want to play games like hyrule warriors at a decent frame rate?

I plan on buying snes games.

don't buy roms, hack your n3ds.

but really a psp is a better purchase anyway

Bump

Depends on how much you want the extra stuff.

If you can get it for cheap, sure. Some games run better, and despite the lack of a resolution increase, the larger screen is pretty nice, and the 3D is slightly better. Just don't expect an entirely different experience.

if you're getting it for monster hunter, I'd say no.
The CPP makes monster hunter way better, thanks to making the system actually fucking ergonomic and comfy to hold, as well as giving you another actual stick.

For the other stuff like faceplates and Virtual Console stuff? Yeah sure I guess.

I have had my new 3DS for about one and a half years and the rubber on the circle pad is chipping off so that only the black base for the circle pad is being left behind. Any other anons experience this issue?

Is there a way to repair this shit?

Bump

No, what are stupid?

There's only shit for it.

If I really want to play the monster hunters should I get this? I've been seriously debating this for a while. I need my monster hunter fix

Not until they give it a fatter clit.

only if you haven't played xenoblade chronicles.

They should put GBA games on the New 3DS eshop.

I can probably handle it.

That depends, do you want:

If yes, you can't go wrong with a n3DS.

Do you have a 3DS already? If so, don't. If you really need your MonHun and don't already have a 3DS, then get a N3DS.

Depends, it is your money anyway so that's for you to decide but to give a rundown…

While quite a few recent 3DS games have performance drop New3DS (XL) is annoying as fuck to transfer to between TRANSFER ERROR and switching from SDCard to micro SD (a detail a ton of retailers gloss over or forget to mention.)

So you will need to get a new one of those, unless 2GB is fine for you (If you gonna pirate it won't be, and Compabillity with cards is really fucking wonky with a number of em not flat out being recognized.

Oh and you need a screwdriver to access the MicroSD slot to switch em.

The "c-nub" is uncomfortable as fuck too and a CPP beats it anyday for me.

Basically a New3DS sounds better in theory then it is in practice aside from a handful games, and even then that is ignorable if you aren't frame rate sensitive and can stand SILKY SMOOTH CINEMATIC (sub-)30FPS.

Kirby Robot Edition also runs better one New while Vanilla has framedrops.

Get a 2DS. They're more comfortable to hold.

They aren't comfy at all, there's no damn grip so you end up holding it by the thicker top half like a retard if you don't like cramping hands.

TL;DR: No.

What you're missing:
1- 3D as it was meant to be done. Now you can move your head without losing the effect because the camera checks where you're looking and focus the 3D accordingly. No glasses no everything.
2- The second stick is cool, I guess. It would have been useful (but not required at all) in games like Majora's Mask to angle the camera.
3- Some games require this, Xenoblade is the only one that comes to mind.

I sometimes wish my 3DS broke so I could get the new one.

Bump

Bump

OP could just get a used n3DS, then the money would already have been given to Nintendo by the previous owner & OP gives no money to Nintendo personally, they gain nothing from used sales.

Doesn't matter anyways since PKMN GO doubled their value in a short time.

I heard that the Nintendo ID gets locked to the system so I can't get a pre owned one

pretty sure you can just format it and do a transfer.

Bump

Bump

Depends on what you're wanting to do with it, if you're wanting to pirate or even just get it piracy-capable but not actually pirate any 3DS games then you'll be getting the most you possibly can out of it. If you don't plan on pirating anything and buying all your games, stick with what you've got.