WHAT IS BAROTRAUMA?

WHAT IS BAROTRAUMA?
Barotrauma is a game inspired by SS13 and the "Pressure" greentext. You and up to 15 other autistic faggots set out in a submarine to accomplish an objective. Each player can pick a role: Captain, Mechanic, Engineer, Security Officer, Medical Doctor, and Assistant. While it sounds simple, the majority of the time you will be facing a horrible, watery death due to the wildlife that lurks in the waters, or just as even more likely, the incompetency of the crew.
Barotrauma is currently in alpha and supports Windows and Guhnoo+Linux.
DOWNLOADS
mega.nz/#!LcIiBaYL!AoWNneqQXtOO5RjICW89891gpN7JCHbswvRjoqxDAzU
or
undertowgames.com/file/Barotrauma v0.4.1.6.zip
mega.nz/#!bBw12Aza!35ekUwwM155FEHATG6TstTmFjp0_ixhPqQKBVfR4GAo
or
undertowgames.com/file/Barotrauma v0.4.1.6.tar.gz
RESOURCES
undertowgames.com/barotrauma/
barotrauma.gamepedia.com/Barotrauma_Wiki
Engineer: undertowgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5123
Mechanic: undertowgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5124
Doctor: undertowgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5125
Shitcurity: undertowgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5126
THIS ISN'T A SUBSTITUTE FOR PLAYING THE TUTORIAL FAGGOT
GUIDE TO SETTING UP A SERVER
forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=33133732&
DON'T NEGLECT DOING THIS IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT FAGGOT, WE NEED MORE HOSTERS WHO AREN'T SHIT.
SUB PACKS AND CUSTOM SHIPS. (Highly recommended for those who want to run a server since vanilla subs tend to be shit)
undertowgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4689

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
mega.nz/#!a8w3lYaZ!XN-_lR_-uGxAWf3gPa3af_3fIUAeriVr9Y2S6Ht2eZ4
mega.nz/#!bl42hLjC!0a9FQ6otGsuknbDtxJus9bgSufkgW-8aXhEVSsAXNgE
mega.nz/#!64AVRBaA!6kpChcSIiY7W3mK7R4LLIh9zj9MBeCHSVGKiMUm1lvA
mega.nz/#!vtBF0YZI!7IdSYrWG3fzjFDZc-oVbzK6_yi721QVrlYl8weHddlg
s15.zetaboards.com/cleverseasbarotrauma/topic/8515490/1/
mega.nz/#!rs4R3bCL!dtsCEzS_FChHfdnhLA6FxQqgAaImY-tB1vG2XWL1ZwY
mega.nz/#!ywhg3RbS!YX_ST1DCtyJzdu1nPSDpXzrVZCG3ZfN7hfaHRnnVhho
mega.nz/#!ncpikBZD!84BUTQjg1q3qhdsTdJgdAIE-IpFx0v1ImmLamJ0L7wE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's late so the thread probably got missed.
Bump.

anyone wanna host?

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

is this the pirated version? why dont we support the devs?

They're furries.

No, it's free.

Also this

mega.nz/#!a8w3lYaZ!XN-_lR_-uGxAWf3gPa3af_3fIUAeriVr9Y2S6Ht2eZ4
latest version of the strongbox
hosting under server name "server" with password "no server"

now this is some advanced shitposting

Come on dude.

Okay, the reason no hostfags host this game is because whenever they do, it gets barely any players.

Also its not fun on Holla Forums, you have to have a group of veterans or a dedicated group in order to not constantly lose the sub start of the round.

I've had anywhere between a full 12 and 2 and its all if people are on, thread's bumplocked, or timezones
there are people who play, just not always and universally
again, hosting under server name "server" with password "no server"

If it's gratis then why isn't it libre.

Check and mate.

ask the devs

Early versions will be free.
But when it's get finished it might get price tag.

And it will be probably on Steam.

bunch of frinkers in this thread

Our games could use some compact, well designed and aesthetic submarines.

Someone productive get on it.

Yeah but who wants to play a fucking side scroller?

The Fish subs you see in
Are honestly pretty decent. The only faults being initially pretty confusing at first which is fine and the fucking ammo loaders being a bitch to fill because of the finicky controls.

Subnautica rapes this game.

Casual

Fragments I would be fun for a fuck all round.

The UCN subs are really fucking good. I wanted to make a realistic sub, then I went and saw the UCN ones and I just dropped construction.

Subnautica is a totally different thing user

i dun believe it

Can you weld shut breaches in your sub while you're kilometers deep in the abyss?

Well yeah, that nuke shot completely raped it. If only more subs actually had loaded railgun shells, maybe we wouldn't die so damn often.

Yes

Yes provided that the sub isn't free falling. The subs hull gradually takes damage over time though and the deeper you go the worse shit gets. Plus the big monsters hang out down there so there's no reason to go there other than to be adventurous.

LOAD THE EMPTY SHELLS WITH C4
IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK THAT WAY

I tried to find a youtube video of a submarine flood without a numale giving commentary but failed. Take a screenshot instead.

hosting again under "dead thread" with the password "dead thread"

get in here you niggers

Wait till the yanks are awake.

Somebody make a server so I can feel like an baby sitter for autists.

bump

Slow thread today.

fun

Megalophobia.

Can one of you faggots explain why my ship is failing [aside from my General Shitness]. The Middle Generator is attached to my ships Engines and the Middle light on the three lights [they glow Green when the generator is working] but, when I activate the engine, the junction box it's attached too goes on the frits and malfunctions, exploding and cutting power to the lights it powers off. Does it explode because it's putting out too much power that the Junction box isn't using, while it tries to route power to the Engines?

The other two Reactors work fine, and arn't put under all that much load right now [because they arn't hooked up to anything].

Also I think my Sub might be too long for most of the maps, so I'm probably going to have to shrink it to a Two-ladder build, instead of the three lader build it is now.

Wow can you make your sub any bigger? This is fucking huge even for 16 players.

Big subs are fun user.

I can probably make it smaller, I don't think it really needs Six floors and Two entry/exit hatches. I was gonna give it 4 guns top side, then two on the front, and back each, with a two floor Medical lab, and three floor combat zone, with batteries and such all over the place and everything. It's a big sub, looking at all the other designs, so it for sure could use a shrink down. Maybe to 3 floors, leaving the top/bottom entry, and then the outer shell working as flood protection as it is in this one [the whole of the outer shell is made to take a beating and keep the interior of the ship from flooding]

Don't make is smaller, make it bigger.

But do add some background cosmetics like other subs have.

I was gonna do that, and adjust its hull and make it look different. Mostly now, I'd just like to get it WORKING. It's my first time making a sub, and the electronics is throwing me through a loop. Maybe I should just take one of the subs I have now, and edit it to get what I wan't, before trying to dive into it myself.

I'm really confused why the reactor blows the Fuse Box thing it's attached to every time. I know it ramps up in power super quickly to fuel the engines, but it doesn't blow the box on its left, just the one on the right, attached to the lights. Not enough load? Does it distribute the load across all fronts? Should I have the Second boxes attached to the one on the left to keep it from bursting when the power yield gets super amped up?

The sub creator imo is a massive cluster fuck I can even get as far as you bro.

It's not so bad once you get used to it, but it's also a real piece of shit. Wiring mode is weird, and I'm just having a lot of trouble in general figuring out how the Electronics in the game work. I tried to wiki, but it was pretty much a dead end, I couldn't get anything useful from it. I should probably have started small, building a two man sub, that worked, and then started scalling up. Maybe I'll do that now, if you want to try to play a shitty two man op in 100 hours.

I can play/host a 2 man sub with you right now if you're down.

Lets do it, lets see how far we can get, I could use some practice and I wanna try and get a little better understanding of things, and how to be a better sub-mariner. Just lemme know the Pass. I'll be Bob

Room is up

junction boxes are best networked and offloaded to avoid overdrawing
whenever you de-thrust the engines too fast and you still have power at a high level the junction will pop
add batteries (6+ on 20% or so for how much power you're drawing) and something to offload the batteries to
with how large that sub is it'd be best if you dedicated a second room to batteries, probably the one with the toxins cabinet in it

Alright, I'll wire up the battery room, It's the one with a bunch of Junction boxes in it. I was trying to figure a way to make it so that the three separate reactor rooms had status lights, so that people on each of the floors could see if something was wrong, and which reactor floor wasn't working.

I'll adjust the power design, and redraw some of the cables, give each reactor a pair of engines to run, instead of one, running all six. I'll also probably end up taking out one of the Ladder halls, and shrink the ship so it's about a third shorter.

Thanks for the tip

I'd like to see a sub that has multiple layers, not easily sunk.

mega.nz/#!bl42hLjC!0a9FQ6otGsuknbDtxJus9bgSufkgW-8aXhEVSsAXNgE
HMS Weaver, feat. claustrophobia and a bilge system
this took about twice as long as it should have

Looks like Bobo is going to be on the loose again.
>tfw i'm bobo

Room please? I remember playing this and it was rad.

But this game takes place in the future, on one of the moons of Jupiter. I doubt Britain would exist or use this prefix.

So is no one hosting? That sucks. Was looking forward to this.

Working on a new sub.

Actually not bad.

What's with the compartment on the top right.

Looks solid.

It's a storage space for artifacts.

have you checked to ensure the two open ballasts don't instant sink the ship, that aside it looks neat
forgot to include a picture of the Weaver, here it is

This is fucking fun

hosting a server named "a server" with password "wew"

So, what server's up at the moment with players?

Is it fun? What is it about?

Are you talking about those little gaps along the top and bottom? That's just spaced armor, it doesn't really matter if it's full of water. The ballast itself is locked down pretty tight.

Sounds about right.

bump. Get in here.

Bump. This shit is fun.

still hosting a server named a server with password wew

bump. We need a new host.

bump

wait wheres the link for all the subs?

mega.nz/#!64AVRBaA!6kpChcSIiY7W3mK7R4LLIh9zj9MBeCHSVGKiMUm1lvA
here's a link for my three subs, I'll add any more I make or any other ones people make of suitable quality
hosting a server named wew with password server

bump, theres 2 of us in the sub RIGHT NOW!

subs autodownload now

3 ingame now, come join us boyim

serb: wew
pass: server

Bump 'cuz i wanna play some more, you underworld niggers.

gahnoo version isn't registering my clicks at all. Any idea why this might be happening?

No but I had the same problem, dev should really compile the game into a proper linux application.

What the hell is this about?

SUBMARINES

why is the AI in singleplayer so useless?
"operate railgun" means standing near the railgun and not even bothering to reload it
"fix leaks" means don't even bother putting a mask on, go drown

That's why you micro-control every crew member at the beginning and make sure they have masks.

Is there any possibilities of mixing game elements from Ss13 with this?

Yes.

The dev said its inspired off of a imageboad post and SS13 so I supsect they might add more ss13 elements.

anyone planning on playing some around 2100 CET? btw i was noob123 yesterday nignogs

Want me to host around that time?

It will be 3pm est so there should be some servers on tbh.

hey if youre hosting ill be joining :)

You want to play now or later?

later i will be busy during the day

Bump. Anyone hosting soon?

RMS Thebes, mini-sub and resident speed demon reporting for duty
full range of motion front turret for complete control on aim and positioning, this tiny shitter can take out molochs without great difficulty if you can position it properly

mega.nz/#!vtBF0YZI!7IdSYrWG3fzjFDZc-oVbzK6_yi721QVrlYl8weHddlg
download link
I'm also hosting wew with password server

Anyone know password to wew?

I think it might be "server"

Bump

Need new host.

here's some fresh OC

Server when?

Asstrauma
fug

Noice.

well fuck me, it probably wouldn't have worked anyway

Anyone know how to fix game crashing after the launcher?

Not if you don't give us details as to why.

Did you try reinstalling it?

what a fucking chimpout there was on the server clever seas, we need some fucking order

Well, that was extremely gay.

Holla Forums we need you now more than ever ;)

And early access

One job, Jack.

what

What's it like learning to play this? I heard it takes some time?

Reminder not to take bans to heart. We've had faggots who change their names every time they join to continue griefing. Owners make mistakes.

There's really not a whole lot to it. Once you learn the general map and build a little, there's not a whole lot more to do. It's nice to kill a couple hours.

Host when?

NOW

Its a decent learning curve, but youll have the basics to play with a ragtag team of ppl within an hour atmost.

Not sure how long it will take to actually get gud at the game though, since im not gud.

source: me got into it just a couple of days ago

that look just like the subnautica hud, you sure thats the right game?

bump, someone host

im up for playing some in the next 6 hrs or so.
think i can host if needed

Lovely! Tell us the server name and password whenever its ready. The rest of the fucking servers are a mess.

Most a the controls are pretty easy to get the hang of, a coll tio most players don't know, if you inject yourself with nitroglycerin at the start of the round, it can revive you if you lose consiousness later on. Only take one dose though, any more is lethal

playing on "semi serious, noobs welcome" atm, no pass
me and one other guy

i was in fucking charge of a sub for a couple of missions and people did stuff well, this game is fucking great.
shit got cancerous though, some griefer joined and the party derailed
i can host more tonight if there is anyone up for it

clever seas, your server was doing really well for a while 10+ ppl with atleast 5 doing "something"

look if the admin of clever seas is reading this you need to take that banhammer and use it more lightly or at the very least more efficiently

It's not hard. Just play the tutorial and read the doctor's guide, everything else can be figured out as you go. Also don't forget to close the fucking door or the first hull breach will kill half the crew.

look what i found out about clever seas
s15.zetaboards.com/cleverseasbarotrauma/topic/8515490/1/
i had a hunch he wasnt the most matured individual. But hey, hes definetly trying his best i think.

Tajaran when?

>trying to make a server as good as SS13 servers

I can see why he banned me. He's a fucking retard.

Why?

alpha is alpha AMIRIGHT?!
Tbh though i agree with you, not making a game like this work on older system is a bad move from the developers side.
Alot of ppl who have older systems are also the kinds of ppl who would actually want to play it, not just sperg around in a clown costume

im going to host a server for a while, hoping to get around 4 ppl, not alot more really. Gets shitty really fast when too many ppl join.
name: almost serious
no pass

How fucking ancient does your computer have to be to lack OGL2 or x86-64 support?

updated 8ch subs mega
mega.nz/#!rs4R3bCL!dtsCEzS_FChHfdnhLA6FxQqgAaImY-tB1vG2XWL1ZwY

Nigger i'm using Windows 7 x86 and have no fucking problems. Are you sure you even have a fucking graphics card motherfucker?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SHIP V SHIP WHEN? HE'S REALLY JUST GONNA SAY "SOON" AND LEAVE US GUESSING, ISN'T HE?

1/10 go home retard

mega.nz/#!ywhg3RbS!YX_ST1DCtyJzdu1nPSDpXzrVZCG3ZfN7hfaHRnnVhho
c4 glitch should be fixed in these

I'm running win95 what the fuck do you expect me to do, update to Win10? Fuck your shit nigga.

bump

I tried to make a sub, I ended up making it too big, as usual. I still have to fill in all the boxes with equipment and add security lights to all the doors to let people know when the ship is flooding [they're just doors, not windowed doors]

I feel like I always go a little heavy on batteries, and I'll fix that later. I also need to figure out a good way to light the exterior of the ship, since it looks like the light components float away? Maybe I need to use lamps?

Also, the turrets on the bottom of the ship all fuck up, REALLY badly, so I'll probably have to replace those.

just wanna say that the ppl who played on mey "quite serious" server yesterday made my fucking day.
Some of you were honorable ppl and some of you were chimps, but you were all great.

>

>

bamp

gonna be hosting for the next couple of hours atleast. Chimps will be tolerated, noobs are welcome, but lets atleast try to be kinda serious:

servername:kinda serious, noobs welcome
no password

I mean there's a clown suit you can wear

Brotrauma
Anal sex ruptures

hosting for about 5 hrs last night, first 3 are fucking gr-r-rreat, second last was meh, last was absolute shit. As soon as the server got more then 6 ppl shit started going downhill fast. So many griefers
wtf is wrong with ppl these days
(always been this way?)

So, uh, which one of you is running the casual gaming server?

Does anybody know of any active clans/groups/guilds that play regularly, and without griefing?

I looked on the undertowgames forums, but it seems like the UCN clan is not active anymore?

Contact Warhawk.

Do we have a server up?
Also could someone recommend some good subs from this list? It's hard to tell without images.

The ones from would be good.

me

I need help getting my ship to work, for some reason the navigator just will not work. Please edit and distribute as you please. also if you have criticism, let me know.

mega.nz/#!ncpikBZD!84BUTQjg1q3qhdsTdJgdAIE-IpFx0v1ImmLamJ0L7wE

Never mind, I got it working

Holy shit these people.

bump

At the moment traitors are a little too powerful when simply grabbing a blow-torch and cutting a hole in anything to the outside will kill off most of the incompetent crew. This isn't helped by the fact that it NEEDS some kind of VoIP system, like ACRE from ARMA 3, typing for every form of communication is just not viable, things happen too fast on a sub, and you don't have time to stand around typing whilst a giant tear in your vessel is spewing water in. Another point I would like to add is that there isn't that much progression in the game which gives little incentive for crew to actually do anything besides fuck around. Fucking around is great and all, but variety gives a broader audience. And a broader audience would be amazing, this game deserves more attention.

tl;dr = VoIP, traitor OP, some kind of progression or mining to stop the shittery.

Do we have a server up right now? Can't join Habisky's because he's an autistic retard.

I should hope that by the time this game isn't an alpha there's a full survival mode where money and shit actually means something rather than just one off missions that can sometimes be completed by turning on autopilot.

Actually better idea, they need to make it so that to succeed as a traitor the person you have to kill has to be dead AND you have to complete the mission alive. Or you don't get good boy points for completing your mission.

Anyone hosting? craving some deep sea dick

While VoIP would be nice, you must remember that water would not be rushing through the sub if

YOU CLOSED THE FUCKING DOORS BEHIND YOU.

something as simple as hotkeys with signalling system would suffice

server where?

……..

You're not supposed to fuck everyone over as a traitor, just to make sure one individual dies.

You can kill your target and still beat the mission.

If you need to ruin the entire sub to do this, you're a terrible and shitty traitor.

Fuck off coward.

Are you sure turning on autopilots a good idea user?

I forgot to mention the captain died from the first breach

When you have a collission or get attacked by a monster your first task should be either to set maintain position on or even better maneuver yourself so that you are about 10-20m off of a ledge.

When the hull is breached, close doors of empty rooms, open doors of rooms with crew in them. Any area that the crew is in should have an open path for the water to flow right into the nearest pump.

Putting pumps in every room is a good idea for this reason. That way you can stop flooding the entire ship - causing it to sink. While preventing the crew inside the room from being instantly crushed.

Water flows much slower through gaps, especially upwards, so use that in your designs. Unfortunately designs with 'flow spaces' for water to run around the hull are a huge pain to repair.

If the sub doesn't survive then you failed as a traitor. The whole idea is to kill your target but still escape.

So when are we going to see some kind of methodical progression for sandbox mode and/or single player?
So far you can earn money and buy equipment in higher quantities, but that's pretty much it. Perhaps if you could buy submarines, or if they had more tiers of technology/equipment. I understand that the came is still in development, but if I'm not mistaken, they seem to be focusing on the PvP aspect at the moment.
Also, it would be nice if they made the single player mode playable in multi-player. It would actually give the traitor incentive to complete his mission, since if he died, he would not be able to play in later missions. I'm not sure how they would get back into the game, if at all.