I know we all have different opinions on virtual reality. A lot of them negative

I know we all have different opinions on virtual reality. A lot of them negative.
For the most part, I agree with the negative reviews of VR. It isn't finished, and all of the games for VR that have come out thus far are nothing but tech demos.

However…
Let's say when VR is perfected, what video game utilizing VR would you like to see the most?

Personally, I would enjoy a fully-fledged space themed game. I know it seems a bit generic, but I have been fascinated by space since I was young, and the idea just seems great to me.

If we get proper VR? I would actually like to see GTA, Sonic or something like We Shall Wake in VR.

Giant mech simulator game

A game where i pretend to have friends.

The finished version of VR will be the Holodeck. I want to use it to live out my juvenile fantasies.

Well pretty much anything that would be aided by depth perception. It'd possibly make 3D platforming actually enjoyable.

That's where you are mistaken user, a developer has come forward with a mature game for mature gamers for VR. :*)

I wouldn't mind this at all

What do you define as "proper VR"?

How cucked is that game, user?

As much as I'd love GTA in virtual reality, I feel like the media would go batshit insane over it.

VR hardware nowadays is good enough to be usefull. Its not perfect, and its price is very high, but the minimum to make it work is there.

What we are currently lacking most of all is good games for it. And sadly that might take a good while longer. Most games are glorified tech demos, for a good reason, most devs are still in full experimental mode. I would suggest to avoid games that get ported to VR because most of them will not function extremely well. You want games specifically build for VR or without some of the limitations that VR currently has. Euro truck simulator would be a prime example of something that would work great with VR. It enhances the gameplay, and you don't feel like you are lacking anything. I would assume that soon enough some games will be developed that work good with VR, but I doubt it will be the current popular genres. Most FPS translate pretty badly into VR. Some of it works, but the majority doesn't. Something more myst like would probably work best. Especialyl if you can contain it all within a very small room. Say an "escape the elevator" game. There are a few more things that are fun to start with but are a "play once only" thing, like job simulator.

Only faggots tho.

m8, the liberal media loses their shit over everything

Except when dindus chimp out, they good boys. Or when mudslimes explode in fury, they also good boys

shit that works

exactly

Metal Gear Solid VR Missions

the most helpful reviews for it don't bode well, and it sounds pretentious as fuck.

Wii Sports did that and then some. Don't tell me vr isn't up to wii sports.

Oh yeah, can't talk about jews gettin into trouble, they're gods chosen people!

Sounds perfect

I'm sorry user, but VR isn't up to Wii Sports.

I went to a VR conference where there was a booth showing that "game" off. It was my first experience with VR so I mainly just had fun looking at all the immersive shit around me.

When I finished the one of the devs asked me what I thought of the story. I flat out told her I wasn't paying any attention to it.

10/10

Truly the Wii was ahead of its time.

Bought a vive, and use it quite often.

Some games are really fucking good, recently bought raw-data and the brookhaven experiment and had a blast with it.

I feel like in another year or two, we'll get fully fledged games (since it seemed like this year's e3 was mainly VR focused)

The rift is absolute shit though, I can't imagine VR feeling all that great without the controllers.

I'm interested in sony's VR headset, with a 350 dollar pricepoint, it seems to have the right idea.

>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/

Pretty much anything from 3D Minesweeper to Rapelay remake.

Define "perfected".

Million dollar idea: Make an anonymous chat service that requires the use of a special device that allows users to stimulate one another's genitals while keeping one another company with the VR headset. Could be something similar to Omegle or Chatroulette, only you'd connect to users for the sake of mutual masturbation. The VR headset would facilitate the enactment of the party's sex fantasies via avatars that they both control in virtual space whose actions would send feedback signals to the genital stimulation device, thus giving the illusion that you're participating in a sexual act with another person.

Basically, mutual masturbation in a fantasy sex VR scenario with some ohmybod/flesh light peripheral attachment.

I want a boxing game since I'm too autistic to actually go and do it in real life

Give me any and all that shit. I already have my vive and I'm just waiting on anything at all to come out.

space/flight sims.
I wanna get my comfy on with my flight stick in X3 or some shit and just play.

Or RPGs. Imagine playing morrowang on an omni. Most of you fatasses would probably lose a lot of weight with this.

I've said this for a long time and I'll say it again; VR goggles as a concept are limited. They cannot and will not replace normal screens. They can only enhance the experience for a small fraction of games, so VR will only be a gimmick as far as videogames are concerned.

An FPS game will never work as well on a VR set as it will with a mouse/keyboard/screen setup. You will get demolished by anyone not using VR in a PVP context. Flicking the mouse around is significantly faster and more precise than aiming your hands, let alone turning your head. Moving around and turning and jumping in the game with VR goggles will feel unnatural and cause motion sickness because of the disconnect from what's happening to you physically (see: nothing).

k

I think the strength of VR is in singleplayer games designed around it, but it's also a nice toy for other games that can support it, like, say, racing games or other seated games.