Do you think normalfags will look back on the 2010s vidya and industry with nostalgia or will they just forget them

Do you think normalfags will look back on the 2010s vidya and industry with nostalgia or will they just forget them

I wouldn't be surprised if I heard someone say this honestly

Think about it, someone's first video game was in 2010. Some of their most fond memories came from playing a game from that year. It will probably happen, you have shit like

These games are still pretty popular. They don't have to be good, but yeah they will look back and love these games and wish for more of them.

Remember Undertale??? That was my childhood, now im gonna and work yet another day as a slave. HAIL HILLARY!!

Clearly you haven't played it and just assume it's the same as 3 and 4. It was developed by the original devs of the first two, not Bethesda. It's a fantastic RPG of equal quality to the first 2.

Undertale is a good example of Nostalgia though. When kids are adults and they go back to play it again, they'll find it easy. When they go back to play something like Call of Duty Ghosts or Assassin's Creed 'The Next One' again, they'll find them boring.

A boring game is worse than an easy game.

Game's I'll probably bring up again in the future and why (from the wiki list)
A fun and underrated title that had a lot of potential as a series before the studio shut down

Teaching tool contrasting it with 1 and 3

teaching tool: obscure fighting games

teaching tool: how to JUST your own game from a developer and publisher perspective

teaching tool: how to make your game be no fun and inaccessible to everyone

historical: the moment when the series pushed itself into the mainstream with american market

How to make a game fun for casual interest but make completely uninteresting competitively, also was the first post-WoW blizzard game to come out. Very interesting to compare to pre-WoW blizzard in terms of what they concerned themselves with in terms of design. Though will have nostalgia for it's release date, remembering having fun during college playing it with friends.

How to upset everyone who wants to posture about muh stronk woman, also make a game uninteresting and lacking any fun.

I don't think much of it, but it will inevitably be brought up in conversation since it was quite popular and still considered quality outside the original trilogy.

I've never seen any game release as such a disaster, get fixed, and rise from it's own ashes, like this game has. Absolutely incredible.

I highly suspect many people will have nostalgia for this game. I haven't played it, but I remember it being pretty big (I think? I might be thinking of some other CoD title).

I notice most of my references to games released this year were "how to not" do something. It was a pretty weak year in terms of release. And not really much to invoke nostalgia.

If the industry continues to get worse it may be their only option.

I hope its the latter, but knowing normalfags it will more than likely be the former. I mean fuck, I think they started getting nostalgia for MWF era COD a while back.

normalfags wont remember shit, because they dont feel, like we do

Yeah they will remember it with nostagia. This has happened before with previous generations i.e halo more like gaylo lol. Except since video games have degraded so much in quality and they are popular we'll have a big ass fan base of shitty games with false nostalgia in the coming years. God just imagine

CIV V AND RDR CAVE OUT IN THE SAME YEAR?
CIV V IS HALF MORE THAN HALF A DECADE OLD?

What is there to remember?

undertale

Normalfags don't play videogames for fun. They just play the popular ones so they have semething to talk about with other normalfags. You can't have nostalgia about something you didn't give a shit about. As an example, look at the ps2/xbox era. Most normalfags will comment how shitty the games looked, even if they grew up with them. There will be exceptions, obviously.

depends on how hard they try to dig up and glorify the decade. no normalnigger gave one single nanofuck about the 80s until the likes of AVGN and VH1 told them to.

wahaha you have no idea what youre talking about

Normalfags care about the 80s only for nerd cred.

Not that there aren't people who would remember those as some of their first games, but almost every single one of them is going to look back further to the "original" or else follow the series to the end eating all the shit. Exceptions maybe for something like Civ5 or Sims3 where there's no reason to play more than one game in the series

Can you imagine ANYONE saying "yeah 2012 was a great year, Madden 2012 was the BEST!". They'll be too busy with Madden 2022 to even remember that far back.

Probably.
Games like Skyrim will be looked back upon as classics in the 2030's.

It plays exactly the same as the broken, floaty, shitty Bethesda games. Unless muh Avellone is all you need, then the game sucks.

I'm hoping gaming will miraculously fall out of style and they'll all pretend like they never played games in the first place.

That's because its literally the same game with different window dressing you fucking moron.

That's because they're empty people.

The only way I see that happening is if Vidya industry devolves into something worse than it is now with all the micro-transaction and all.

Sounds like a spiritual sickness

pokemon go is the future

I'm hoping for a South Park zombie episode after this. Just like Jersey Shore episode.

1:35