WHO HERE IS HYPE FOR THE ADVENTURE 3 REVEAL TOMORROW?

WHO HERE IS HYPE FOR THE ADVENTURE 3 REVEAL TOMORROW?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/sonicofficial
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But Sonic Adventure 3 was released in 2006

>inb4 they announce Sonic Adventurre 4
>5 years later they announce Sonic Adventure 6

I bet you got your opinion from Gaming Experts TM RP C at Polygontaku and Neogaf

How do we know its sonic adventure 3 faggot.

W>>10133331
Kill yourself homo

Clement's cool. I like his mega man videos.

I'M FUCKING READY

2016. what a ride.

Not to make a big deal out of it, but I actually don't like blue arms.

Wait, where are the announcements for a new sonic team game?

I still have the beta screenshots of Sonic 06 burned to my head

Why SEGA

WHO HYPE FOR SONIC BOOM 2 AND KNUCKLES

because that shit was extremely hype

This is the most realistic option right here.

it'll be a phone game.

I wonder if best sonic character will still be in.

Sonic Adventure title screen > Sonic Adventure Director's Cock title screen

WebM that shit unless he's insulting Life is Cringe.

agreed.

also

Live and Learn or Open Your Heart for the sticky?

And it will totally use all the improvements Colors and Generations had while maintaining the creative level designs of the adventure series ==RIGHT?!==
Its practically a path to glory perfectly laid out in front of them

No he's definitely not saying it's shit.

Thank god I never watched a single video of his.

You can't do midline
REDTEXT
my man.

And? Get on it gaylord

I don't think this site is going to allow a webm that big unless you put the webm in a ludicrous amount of parts. But honestly I think we are all lazy when it comes to that.

Y'all niggas crazy. You'd think one would learn disappointment from SEGA since 1995, hell its practically their slogan. I'll eat my shoes and shitposts when SEGA makes another good, not decent or mediocre, another GOOD game

Forgot. Apologies.
Still if they are making a sonic adventure 3 they have the best shot make up for everything boom did wrong. And personally I just hope they go back to the sonic color and generations style of gameplay cause they objectively are as close to perfect as 3d sonic has come so far.

Sega can still make good games, just not good Sonic games.

More like utter shit and good games are the exception in a really mediocre series, ayym rite??

Only the first three games were good though. The series did not survive the transition to 3D.

Heroes, '06, and Unleashed all have some claim to being Sonic Adventure 3. But obviously people mean one that follows the formula and actually has a comparable amount of effort put into it as the first two Adventure games. '06 is to Adventure as Sonic 4 is to Sonic 1.

They won't. They actually confirmed that when Sonic Boom was first announced. They know autists would be mad unless they clarified it was an alt universe. Autists were still gamestop-macingly mad, though.

I remember convincing myself it was gonna be a 3D remake of Sonic 1, like how Sonic Adventure 2 had a 3D remake of Green Hill. And no, not that Generations shit, with new levels but the same themes, I mean actually the same levels converted into 3D.

It doesn't matter.

If they don't go back to the basic gameplay style of Adventure-era Sonic, and keep using boost-style Modern Sonic, it will all be moot.

Boom was always a spinoff alt-universe tv tie in licensed game made by a different team.

And making Sonic Adventure 3, but using the gameplay style that replaced Adventure is full retard. Boost to win is not objectively as close to perfect as 3D Sonic has come so far. They're glorified QTEs that switch to 2D for half the game. Might as well just release Sonic Runners on consoles. Adventure style gameplay is a much more accurate translation of the Genesis games into 3D, at least when they give proper level designs like in Adventure 2. If anything, Modern Sonic is a translation of Dimps Sonic.

I mean there are more, but the first three games don't even include the most popular in the series.

There was user that made a webm of a movie under 1 hour, that was incredibly small, but you could still watch it.

"Sonic fags don't want good games, they want more."

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is essentially the third sonic game, S&K is an addon to S3

Keep being delusional.

Sonic fags are amusing creatures. They want:
1. Game where you only play as sonic, no characters from SA or SA2
2. Make it completely 2d, or 3d with 2d gameplay
3. No chao garden (sonic is about sonic only)
4. Eggman as the only enemy
5. Return emerald collecting through minigames
6. Don't forget to put le green hill into game as first zone

And then sonic 4 comes out and everyone shits on it. This is essentially what sonic fags are about, instead of wanting better, they want more of the same shit.

Oh look, sonic expert made a video comparing Sonic Generations 2 to Sonic Adventure 3, and how they would affect sega in the future. Seems to be made yesterday.

Still missed Sonic CD, which is a fan favorite. And at least the first few 8-bit games are pretty good.

Sonic 4 was a mobile game with the name changed to Sonic 4 at the last minute for marketing purposes, because they figured it would suit the criteria you listed. But being a half assed mobile game, the physics were shit and the levels were shit. Sonic 4 Episode II is actually a completely different game, as by that point they were actually trying to make a Sonic 4, and it's good, but it's still only half a game. If it was longer, I'd be happy with it.

Also all the people saying the things you're saying are dumbasses anyway and half the time aren't even Sonicfags, they're just parroting shit they heard from others, while never actually playing most of the games themselves.

This.

I forgot about Sonic CD. That one wasn't very good either.

Its not like i disagree with them saying that inclusion of dark sonic ruined sonic franchise. Look at character rooster in SA1 and then at SA2, how much animeish, more dark and less styled it became.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy - that's the classics
Big the cat, E-102 Gamma - newcomers made for fun, but still not getting too much out of the style of original.
Tikal was a great looking female echidna that was fitting to the original style of mobius characters.

Newcomers in SA2?

Shadow - fucking clone of sonic but edgy
Rouge - too fucking sexy character for a childs game, probably a niggress, cause tries to breed with knuckles and shadow
Division of Robotnik (who's now Gerald Robotnik) and Eggman into two separate characters - shit idea
Maria Robotnik - humans can't have love with animals, you fucking sickos

So yeah. Sega began to become shit starting from adding too many new characters and lore elements in SA2 that they didn't need, and making story less bright and happy like it was always used to be.

Sonic doesn't need to be fucking anime weeaboo shit.

We live in dark times.

Stop shilling your video.

They didn't divide Eggman and Robotnik, they made Eggman the nickname and Robotnik the real name.

Gerald is an entirely different character - Eggman's grandfather.

Gerald Robotnik was an entirely new character made for SA2, Eggman is the guy from all of the previous game. The fuck are you smoking, man?

Are you retarded? Have you just not played the game?

There's never romance in the actual game. They just were kids growing up together. You are the pervert.

Sonic was always weaboo shit. Adventure is plenty weaboo. Adventure 2 is different story-wise, but not so out of left field that it ruined anything. And that whole plotline was wrapped up in Shadow the Hedgehog and '06 anyway. Unleashed, for all I criticized it, had a cool story too. But then with Colors they ditched even that.

Also, you're just talking about story, when most of the stuff you quoted me about was about gameplay.

It's called Knuckles Chaotix, only it doesn't take place on Angel Island, it takes place on another island that broke off of Westside Island and was sunken when Chaos destroyed the Echidnas. It was reawoken and resurfaced due to the Master Emerald getting too close to it when it fell to earth in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Clement is the only video game youtuber I know that doesn't use obnoxious thumbnails that plagues youtube.

What about that live action movie coming out in 2018?

Clements a giant fag.

Already happened :^)

forgot embed

LGTSS

Also

please quit it with the fake filenames. that show didn't even come out when that time code would've been relevant and it doesn't even have 14 digits.

Thank god.

its gonna be a game where sonic goes to a virtual world with a bunch of references to sega games in it

heard about it more than a year ago iirc

Did you get lost on your way to 2009? Not saying this new game isn't going to be mediocre at best, but all recent Sonic games have been either promising reveal->satisfactory outcome (Colors & Generations), lukewarm reveal->mediocre outcome (Lost World) or negative reveal->awful outcome (Sonic 4, Sonic Boom).

Source? Explains a lot if it's true.

They've all been shit and if the name "Sonic" wasn't on the cover you wouldn't give a single fuck about any of them.

The most dissapointing was generations where the 2d parts were the highlight of the game and they were still sub par in general and a step back from older Sonic games.

The more I think about it, the more I realize the problem with the "boost" style gameplay isn't that it's press boost to win, it's that the level design makes it press boost to win.

From Sonic 2/CD on, Sonic has a "boost" of some sort, usually the spin dash (which is more like modern boost since it has a combat function as well) but the super peelout is interesting. It has an inherent punishment as Sonic is less capable of attack in this mode. Meanwhile in 2, 3&K, and even Chaotix the only good reason to not be spin-dashing is if you're doing platforming.

Modern Sonic attempts to do this, but splits up their levels into the 3D sections that directly encourage boosting, and the 2D sections that usually imply platforming. This is bad enough on it's own, but the 3D sections rarely have anything going on aside from rings and enemies, and they're probably only really there to give you boost juice. Colors has slightly more going on in 3D than Unleashed or Generations, but that's usually whisp related.

Having not played Sonic Adventure extensively (I can remember nothing about what little I played of it) I only know a few things. Notably that the spin dash is still the main mode of speed boosts, and that the controls are a little finicky. If someone else who's more qualified wants to talk about it, please do.

I wonder how much cheesy butt rock will be in this one?

Are you fucking joking, faggot?

They're gonna fuck everything up.
It'll be a completely new style of gameplay, have a crap story you don't care about take up most of the game time, terrible level design, and in general be a trainwreck.

They didn't stick with the unleashed through generations style of gameplay, despite, as flawed as it is, being the one gameplay style people have in general agreed is good.
And that was basically a path to success they had laid out. Contrary to what people like to say, the 3D Sonics in unleashed style have actually gotten less boost dependent with each one. Sky Sanctuary zone in particular is a good example of the 3D platforming being more about platforming in Generations than unleashed and colors had.

I say all this because this is SEGA we're talking about. After having Generations get good reception and Webber basically single handedly repair the brand of Sonic, they've been handed a golden opportunity on a silver platter that'd be piss easy to go with, so of course they'll fuck it all up.
Really I'm only hyped to see just how they'll fuck it up again.

fuck this, when's vf6

Right after Panzer Dragoon Omega, House of the Dead 5, Virtual On Line, and The Ocean Hunter 2.

Don't toy with my emotions like that you fucking nigger

Virtua Cop 4, Jet Set Radio 3: Urban Decay, Crazy Taxi 4: Uber Arcade, Burning Rangers Heroes, Nights into Nightmares…

Okay, I'll stop now. I'm sad.

Here's a short list of the more recent releases.

I would love to see you try and defend even HALF of what I just listed. That's just main series. That doesn't even count the whole bargain bin full of spin-off games, or of course Sonic Boom.

the fuck are you talking about

You must be autismal, since only the original side scrolling games are good. The sonic series is mostly shit, and children need to stop pretending.

Mathmatically you've already done the work for us.

Nice meme, you get that from le Game Grumps?

How long till announcement?

sometimes i go so fast, i rip the skin!

I'm excited you guys.
My weewee actually feels like teehee good up to my tummy.

None of the Sonic games are good.

And he didn't even include the two kart racing games.

what would it take to make sonic autists figure out that if they want good sonic games they have to stop buying everything with sanic written on it

I wish time code worked with embed, check 38:00.

My uncle works at Nintendo and he told me that this is the new game

Not the same as boost. You need to stop to do them, and they only provide an initial burst of speed, they don't keep that speed or build your acceleration like Boost does.

Which is most of the game. You had a good point when you blamed level design, though. In Modern Sonic level design, you build the level around the Boost Mechanic, so rather than platforming that can be done quick if you're good, you have long, empty hallways to make the player feel like they're fast. In the old games you earn your speed by being good at the game, and the level is designed so that, if you're good, you can go fast. Modern Sonic levels are designed to make you go fast, at the expense of actual gameplay and skill.

Adventure 1 honestly also has some levels that are largely long hallways with little to do but go fast, but not to the extent of Modern Sonic. And Adventure 2 kept the same formula from Adventure 1 but put more effort into making more complex levels. In both, basic control system was much more like Classic Sonic in 3D, but Sonic Adventure 2 did a better job with translating the level design. Modern Sonic just does something totally different. If anything, it's Dimps control and level design translated to 3D.

Most of the rest you listed are good. Everyone likes Generations. Others are mediocre at worst. '06 is the only bad one. People like Colors, even though I don't.

You're just a shitlord who hates Big and Froggy for being the first openly gay couple in a video game.

So where the fuck is the reveal? I thought this thread was made yesterday

In b4 its SA3 in name only
Plays nothing like SA1/2 and has no Chao Garden

3-4 hours
6 PM PST

Where is the reveal happening? Is there a stream or anything?

twitch.tv/sonicofficial

twitch is to Holla Forums what anthony burch is to normal people - no matter what, we will never be twitch chat