Cheap but not shit mic

One of my vidya buddies is a humongous asshat who refuses to wear headphones during voip for medical reasons. That wouldn't be as bad if it were not for his microphone being an omnidirectional piece of shit which picks up the game sound and our own voices better than he picks up his. I'm looking for an inexpensive microphone with some kind of noise cancelling or unidirectional sound pickup to get him for his next birthday because this shit is getting ridiculous.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/HUACAM-YYPJ-01-1-3-5mm-Computer-Microphone/dp/B00VYGVZYO/161-0038471-4861404?ie=UTF8&keywords=lapel mic&qid=1463122837&ref_=sr_1_7&sr=8-7
modplease
amazon.com/gp/product/B005DJOI8I
dx.com/p/xty-operator-style-earbud-microphone-set-2631
amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Studio-Interface-Recording/dp/B00Q4FF5FK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469217921&sr=8-2&keywords=scarlet solo studio pack
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use my phone, then again it wasn't cheap but i had it laying around.

Not friends, user, vidya buddies. Not the same thing by far.

That's not really a thing. The closest thing is running a mic through a gate, but that won't stop any of the background coming through while he's talking.
That's basically a shotgun mic for a camera, and might be your best bet. I doubt there's such a thing as a USB shotgun mic, so its not going to sound great over a 3.5mm connection but the alternative is to spend more money on an XLR mic and more money on some form of D/A convertor.
So yeah, I'd recommend a 3.5mm camcorder shotgun mic, just don't expect great quality.
Alternately invest the money in a screen to go between his current mic and his speakers. He sounds too retarded to use that properly though.

amazon.com/HUACAM-YYPJ-01-1-3-5mm-Computer-Microphone/dp/B00VYGVZYO/161-0038471-4861404?ie=UTF8&keywords=lapel mic&qid=1463122837&ref_=sr_1_7&sr=8-7

why not?

I dunno if this is in your price range but it's the first mic I've had zero issues with. The only problem is if you don't have headphones with a detachable 3.5mm cable they are completely useless.

disregard this, I am an illiterate faggot.

modplease use archive.is.com (use archive.is)/

Fucking Mark

Fuck this noise. Just go to modplease use archive.is.com (use archive.is), they have really cheap mics that you can attach to any headphone ever. Unidirectional and omnidirectional are options.
modmic dot com

lol

Why is Moddb on the blacklist?

Good going dipshit.

That man looks like a black Sam Hyde.

amazon.com/gp/product/B005DJOI8I
Pack of 5. Bought this two years ago and I'm still using the first mic from the pack. I'll probably be set for life at this rate.

I have a $2 mic I got from the local computer store that actually works great, it's unidirectional and does pic up anything it's not aid at.
Try a dirt cheap mic and see how you go, my model doesn't have a name of serial number but it does have a on / off switch on the base and the mic is on a flexible riser.

dx.com/p/xty-operator-style-earbud-microphone-set-2631

I feel your pain, man.

One of my friends got a Yeti mic for Youtube but refuses to use headphones so I get to hear every single key he presses and every fucking video he watches.

That looks much more comfortable than my over ear mic I try to wear with headphones.

I don't even clip it to my shirt, I just clip it to the cord of my keyboard. Audio is crystal clear even at that distance. Either the chinks are surprisingly reliable or I just hit the jackpot on my particular set.

Possibly got lucky, all the cheap ones I recall you nearly had to have it in your mouth.

It's an unfixable problem. You can't change the laws of physics.

Samson Go mic

He'll go fuck himself. And bring the rest of vidya buddies with him, because they're deaf fucks who don't give a shit about voip quality.

I've had a 20 dollar USB Logitech microphone for the past 8 years, and it works better than all my friends'.

save me from this hell
I only want the communication to not be shit

amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Studio-Interface-Recording/dp/B00Q4FF5FK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469217921&sr=8-2&keywords=scarlet solo studio pack

Get it for yourself, use Voicemeter Banana, shame him with amazing audio quality.

He won't appreciate it.