Whether this turns into a pannenkeok, deepest lore thread or cool coincidences thread is up to you

Other urls found in this thread:

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Strange_set
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

holy shit, fucking faggot, kill yourself

I KILL YOU

BUTTERIEST LORE!

Does that mean SM64 runa at a constant framerate?

How autistic are you OP?

Wait, what?

he speaks the truth:
mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Strange_set

There's a hidden chest in Rivacheg that has a Strange Armor, and a Strange Short Sword, both of which are Japanese in style. A whole set of Samurai gear can be found in the Original, but in Warband it requires you to cheat to get the whole set. Only the boots, the armor, and both a short sword and a normal sword can be found without cheats in Warband.

Thats great, OP, but in sonic CD you can travel through time.

the M on Mario's cap stands for "Mario"

source?

it's just a theory

how can you get out of the water with only a half a press

actually, it's M for "micro", which mario is compared to wario, whose cap has a W on it, for "wumbo"

Pathetic

The guy on the roof in kakariko village in ocarina of time is one.

Any others?

Fuck you OP, I now declare this thread to be filled with jamborees

Pannenkoek's brother is Borp, btw
Here's Borp

But!

wow

You're shitting me right now, there's no wa-
How can stars align in such a perfect way?

One's incredibly good at video games, and the other one is pannen :^)))))))))))))))))))))))

Not an NPC but this is behind the orc wall in Gothic 2. forgive the shit quality, best I could find

This is pretty cool. Got anything else like this?

Do you even 2005

The closest I can think of is a broken tower in Divinity 2 which requires some inventive platforming to get to a chest at the top; I don't recall the note in the chest but I didn't fly in a rage so it must have been somewhat amusing.

those feet are cute

But user,
NO JAMBOREES ALLOWED!

what do you think they smell like
haha

I just played Divinity 2 and made a point to get on top of everything and I can't remember any notes, other than the ones in easy to reach locations.

Fallout 3, a sniper on top of Megaton.

It means the n64 runs at 64 frames per second

64x64=256

You're mistaken. The W on warios hat stands for wetback and the M on Mario's hat stands for Mama.

On original hardware it's between 50-65 seconds because of the n64's infamous speed up and slowdown issues.

I know where it was at least, a fort, high up in the valley where you can finally get into dragon form. You get a sentai team goofing up this place at some point.

I think I know what place you mean. I guess I just forgot what the note was too.

Nice

4?
What did he mean by this?

The number of people that would be attending dinner, of course.

He was saying "Fore!"
The king plays golf

embed related

if you're gonna drop racial slurs at least do it right, son

You wanna try that again bub?

pannenkeok's videos are fucking 10/10, memes aside.

no…

Mario 64 runs at 30fps, which is really unfortunate for such a fast paced game. The N64 is not a great console to go back to; it's funny how it has some of the greatest masterpieces ever, marred so hard by shit graphics and poor framerate. The Zelda games run at 20fps, and even though a slower, methodical game like Zelda doesn't need high fps, 20fps with blocky n64 graphics is sickening. Thank God the 3ds has better versions of Ocarina and Majora's Mask.

user I swear I will get autistic on your ass

Only there to try to hide the shitty low-poly models with jpg artifact textures, and blocky low-poly "hands" with textured in "fingers".

I forgot to mention ReDeads with wooden Shy Guy faces in the N64 versions.

You still have to admit the "HD" versions look retarded.

Mario has a hat so they wouldn't have to draw hair.

I disagree. Can't complete it in three days on the 3DS version, the days aren't long enough for it. It's the only fun I get from it these days

Not as retarded as blocky low-poly models with jpg artifact textures + Wooden Shy Guy Faced ReDeads

The fucked color and brightness is only the biggest problem in ocarina
And "better" textures and models in the 3DS versions doesn't stop it from looking like shit

You know what looked like shit in the N64 Ocarina?
2D JPG artifact filled backgrounds for areas like Market and a lot of houses + shops

Sonic CD's main theme is just Green Hills Zone's theme from the 8-bit version of Sonic 2, but with lyrics added. And Tails' theme from Adventure is Bridge Zone's theme from the 8-bit version of Sonic 1.

Goddamn, now that's how you don't translate stylistic elements and scene construction into newer hardware. There's a massive difference between updating graphical assets and shaders to look better while maintaining the preexisting art style and theming, and just throwing all the old stuff that looked good at the time out the window for generic new assets and shaders with no rhyme or reason. Art styles in games are often molded around and made to compensate for hardware and memory restrictions, but by no means does that imply you can just disregard the art style when updating assets and shaders to work with much stronger hardware, the game was built around that and doesn't look right without it.

This kind of thing is like replacing Wind Waker's cel shading entirely with realistic shading, which would look fucking terrible because its art style, models, textures and etc. were all made to work with cel shading, and just tossing that shit out for whatever crap will run at >5 FPS on the hardware with no planning or forethought is a retarded move. Granted, Nintendo almost did something that retarded by adding bloom and jacking it up so bright that the game might as well have taken place in the center of the sun, but it could have been much worse.

They're 3DS games. No one has ever called them HD.

They looked fine at the time. I never noticed a JPG artifact on my crappy old 90's CRT.

Shame really

I was about to but apparently half presses dont work

NIGGER YOU CAN PLAY THOSE GAMES AT 60 FPS WHEN EMULATING

Bump

boss of the china stage from MS2 is the same ship from the sea worm boss in MS6

IIRC one or two of the GTA games had some kind of message outside of the map.

Halo 2 and 3 did something similar with things outside the map, like a special gun or two in halo 2 and some of the skulls in halo 3 being out of the map and requiring some exploiting.

the pizzas what all true warriors strive for

Isn't it technically 1/3 of an A press because he's doing only 1 of the 3 parts of an A press?

the last third of pressing the A button has absolutely not use in the game so its factored out.

Get on my level faggots

Holding the A button isn't performing an action.
Each A press is the sum of two actions, pressing then releasing the button.
The game only responds to the press and the release.

A GAME THEORY

Button pressed (triggered same frame), button down and button released are three separate things.

and people say that game is shit, if the combat wasnt so shallow it would be a masterpiece

Get on my level, kanker neger.

>not neuken in de keuken

Bump

does it stand for mario as in his first name or his last name?

I miss Metal Slug

This. Anyone who's done any amount of gamedev knows that button pressed, held, and released are three very separate things.

There are only two distinct button states, being on and off. What you refer to as "held" is actually comparing the button state between two different states and seeing that they are both on.

Just sayin'.

is it wrong that I thought it was pretty quirky and funny
It was a little over the top but it reminded me of the Sleepy Sheep item.

I liked it too just for how stupid it was.

What the hell are you talking about? None of what you're saying makes any god damn sense. A button has a boolean variable determining if it is pressed or not. 0 or 1. When that value changes, an event is triggered. I could sum it up in pseudocode as this:

class button_states(): var pressed = 0 func update(delta): if(Input.my_key == 1 and pressed == 0): pressed = 1 on_press() elif(Input.my_key == 1 and pressed == 1): on_hold() elif(Input.my_key == 0 and pressed == 1): pressed = 0 on_release() func on_press(): print("Button has been pressed down") func on_hold(): # >implying I would print 60+ times a seconds pass() func on_release(): print("Button has been released")

There are very clearly three states. You could even have a fourth if you wanted a trigger for "if(Input.mykey == 0 and pressed == 0)" for whatever reason for when the button isn't being touched.

Color Splash looks better than Sticker Star but it's still polishing a turd.

Your words are wasted

What does he mean by this?

Nice try "Henry"

I need a Gif of that Pig

Fucking niggers, the lot of you.

at least the writers seem to be there.

shame the director has no fucking idea what she's doing.

Pretty sure in the ant lion caves in HL 2 episode 2 if you get in an area you can't otherwise be in there's floating text saying "How did you get here?"

Miss it? The series is mostly alive, if you can't wait after 7, play advance or both first mission games on the Neo geo pocket color

Where? I was about to play that game again.

Have you considered rewritting it on rust?
should've used a switch there fam

Breath of Fire 3 has bookshelves you can check for items like any RPG, but some are blocked by cash register desks behind merchants in shops.

No clipping behind them let you actually search them & get decent items. Same goes for a Few NPCs.

What's going on in this thread, what's with pressing the A button?

When you put an artificial limit on something when it comes to vidya it attracts the most autistic of people.

First function doesn't even work if I'm reading it correctly. Aren't these supposed to be technically working but incredibly shitty solutions?

Holy shit

I'm not having fun anymore.

I never liked speedrunning but that was still interesting

Nigger probably doesn't know about alternate realities and skipping between dimensions

How horrifying

In the Fallout 3 Broken Steel addon you can do some creative rock climbing to get to the gamdevs personal tesla cannon that consumes rockets and has infinite durability

Didn't Fallout 3 do that?

Here, have this guide on how to properly play Super Mario 64, it'll get you up to speed.

The Ganon on the right looks like a cross between stoned and brainwashed. The Ganon on the left is exhausted and fucking pissed. This is from the posture alone. I could also complain on the choice of sky color for the climactic battle of the game.

Nose or moon is more subjective I guess. I get why some prefer the remade version as it looks nastier. IMO its overdone. The N64 wins for me by hitting square in the middle of the uncanny valley.

Does anyone have the multi-post rant by an Oblivion modder about how it's the worst coded game conceivable? The only one I remember is

Hes not right, is he?

After Trainhead and bookshelf table Im inclined to believe him.

I know trainhead (pic related: for anyone who doesn't know, the train in Broken Steel was literally an NPC's hat), but enlighten me on the subject of bookshelf table.

In skyrim, certain "tables" are just bookshelfs that are mostly clipped into the ground.

I don't get this or cannot believe this, I need to know more.

I actually think this is smart, a good economical way to cut down on making new models.

That's all there is to know fam. Bethesda is too incompetent to make a box and have it follow a set path, they had to get an NPC to walk that path so they could pretend.

okay I found out some more info, from IGN:

Fallout 3 / 22 Jul 2015
Fallout 3 Broken Steel Train Is Actually Just a Giant NPC Hat
Share.
Going behind-the-scenes reveals a comical workaround.

By Katie Williams Players poking around in Fallout 3's game files have noticed an entertaining detail: the rideable train in Fallout 3's third add-on Broken Steel is actually a hat worn by a fast-running NPC.

fo

A screenshot reveals that the train was animated by an NPC with an entire train perched on her head. Fallout 3's Gamebryo engine wasn't really designed with vehicles in mind (in The Wasteland, most vehicles are simply rusted, abandoned, not-at-all-roadworthy wrecks, after all) - so when it came to the presidential metro train in the Broken Steel DLC, Bethesda Game Studios came up with a workaround: an NPC with a full-sized train hat. In-game, the player sees only a train car on tracks - but the whole thing is powered by a single NPC beneath the surface.

jesus christ

IIRC its not too uncommon for devs to do the trainhead trick.

As for the table trick it takes away from the overall quality of the game because now you have tables that look like bookcases and tables don't fucking look like bookcases

I'm pretty sure you can get there with the Longshot, firing at the windmill.

Theres the transmission in Metroid Fusion that you're not supposed to hear unless you're unbelievable good at shinesparking. It ends with "I wonder how many players will see this message…?"

it's supposed to be a low table with a shelf, which works if you sink a bookcase halfway into the ground. It's not the same as a regular shelf. I don't see the problem with that solution. But the trainhead thing blows my mind. And I know gamebyro isn't that shit. Lots of other companies use this engine, and I'm sure some of them have vehicles in them, so why is Bethesda so incompetent that they have to do retarded shit to fudge having an actual vehicle?

I like when you look in places you shouldn't be messing around and find not just interesting stuff but plain weird creepy stuff.

GTA4's Statue of Happiness interior is a legit stuff-of-nightmares example.

The fact that the statue's face is Hillary Clinton's doesn't help.

In the museum level of Condemned 2: the display case where you get the Oro Crossbow has a label on it that calls it the "Sentry's Crossbow" and goes on to say how a fringe group of experts determine that that particular weapon is not a crossbow from antiquity at all but one made very recently with peculiar materials.

you can get there with the hookshot if you aim at the little corner between the potion shop roof and the cliff face next to the mountain exit.

But why does the NPC need to have a human body? There are plenty of non-human NPCs in that game. Why do this instead of just an NPC with a train model?

because Bethesda
It just works

Because they're only half-stupid.

You'd think they'd use a radroach or some other more "grounded" NPC instead of a fucking human with a train head.

The castle at the coast to get the Griffin diagrams? I don't know anyone who hasn't done it like that.

I actually found the cave underneath but I didn't bother looking up so I didn't see the entrance.

nobody claimed the glitch yet? come on I want to steal it and get the 1000 bucks for myself.

I think the general consensus is that that glitch is thanks to some fuckery with the physical jp cart that the streamer was playing, like he jiggled it with his foot at the right time and some connections got weird or something. Basically useless for no-a-press runs, I think those have to be on emulators for certain tricks to work.

Mario can't drown in the 2d games, explain that.

He can, when the timer runs off
Mario is holding his breath through every stage for no particular reason

I thought the general consensus was a cosmic ray must of hit his N64 and flipped a single random bit.

In another video I remember Panenkoek flipping a bit through hacks that he thought might be responsible for it and getting an effect that looked the same - but the $1000 dollars is for finding out how to do it without hacking so the money is still unclaimed.

I don't think this is the case - do you have any examples?

It's not being new, it's not being from halfchan.

Half A press is cuckchan Holla Forums cancer.

What? Don't tell me you're too autistic to understand what a half A press is.

Is this supposed to have sound? What's happening here? What's the problem?

It's a Shared meme
It is a fucking garbage meme though.

what's panecock?

nah its fun and novel, no need to be such a sperg about it son

My dad is renowned mathemetician Steven King and he's right. 64*64=256

Poogie does raise your RNG chances in the monster hunter series.

Learn to spell faggot. It's pannekoek.

Borp is a master at making dumb shit work.

It's so simple

But so majestic

Is that reaction from the Tamers sanic thread on /cow/

Of course they did that because she tried to ban GTAIII