I wanted to post something I've been thinking about lately, and it's this: games are art...

I wanted to post something I've been thinking about lately, and it's this: games are art, and Battleborn is a perfect example. From the visual treats, to the strategy elements, teamwork, voice acting, the writing, Battleborn is an exceptional piece of work.

Of course there are issues, and there are many threads for those. But I hope the makers of this game are aware at least that the reason people get so passionate about their game is because it is great, and can be legendary. Sure, PC numbers are low. But much great art is not appreciated when it is released.

People who are non-gamers may scoff at comparing Battleborn to Shakespeare. They are missing out on Mona Lisa and the Prado, and they will never know that. I may not appreciate fine poetry, but I do appreciate fine gaming. And Battleborn is most certainly that. It is probably because Battleborn is so great that it's numbers are low. Gamers always demand new, interesting and innovative games. Except, many gamers are also terrified of trying new things. Gearbox did what people claim to want, and the result is glorious.

To Gearbox: There was a time when Bill Shakespeare wasn't as beloved as his is now. I don't think it will take gamers 1000 years to warm up to Battleborn. If they do, it's their loss. Make Battleborn 2 and blow everyone's minds. Go Hamlet all over everyone's Steam account. Battlefield 1942 was a niche success…. Battlefield 2 became (IMO) the best PC game of all time (in terms of PvP). Battleborn can do the same.
That's all. Battleborn is amazing despite it's flaws, and for at least one gamer, it will live forever in the halls of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome.

Fuck all you haters

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lE2id
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okay

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHjahajahhahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

copy pasted from gearbox forums archive.is/lE2id

It's far too obvious. You need a lot of work before you'll be able to bait with any amount of success.

Would you buy?

That's for psychopaths and people who are too awkward to get in a real relationship.

Like you, then?

feminism is awesome

I bought the game.
I like the game.
I play the game.
I'm enjoying it so far and putting a lot of hours in it.
Playing with many friends and shit.

Even then, you shouldnt make threads about either game since it brings cancer (Overwatch or Battleborn) and both should be fucking gone from the board.

If we keep having shit games that attract cancer and reddit tier faggots then the quality of the board will drop, you could tell how the quality of the board has been decaying further and further.
When Overwatch was released the quality had a big fucking drop, because of this I don't want threads of Battleborn even if I personally play it, the same way that I would love to see OWs thread banned.

The characters in that game look like they're trying to be from different series.

I don't like it because the art, UI and writing are either mediocre or plain shit. Basically nothing to do with the gameplay, but I don't like my dinner with terrible spices, y'know?

No Gearbox even at $15 I won't buy your shit game. Fuck off shillington.

No waifus no buy

"Sex sells" in a nutshell

On what board? Not Holla Forums. You are low energy mate.

The topic has now been slain! :innocent:
Kill md

if that was a girl bird i would

good bait, but battleborn actually looks good

fuck off you inbred mongoloid retard
it's a joke at feminism's expense. it's said after killing a woman

are you fucking gay or something

so, why aren't you playing randy's game?

so if you see a retarded guy walking on the street are you going to assume he's crawling because "retards are too stupid to walk"

you are LITERALLY retarded, user. it's a joke at feminism's expense and it will never be anything but that, no matter how hard you try to say otherwise. there is literally no other explanation as to why a character would sarcastically shout "FEMINISM IS AWESOME" in response to killing a few women.

Have we gone full retard yet?

Because Gearbox is made up of self-depreciating cucks who feel the need to apologize for their patriarchal decisions like "allowing women to be killed"?

you're trying really fucking hard, Holla Forums.

You're the one insisting that the company that hired Anthony Burch to write for three games, including this one, has suddenly turned anti-feminist.

and? you're trying to tell me that making fun of feminism is somehow SJW. in other words, you're retarded.

What I'm saying is that they're not making fun of feminism, and that the line is meant to be entirely serious. Because Gearbox has a known history of shoehorning feminist and SJW ideologies into their games since Borderlands 2, and making fun of it is uncharacteristic of them.

a guy kills a few women, then he shouts "feminism is awesome" due to killing those few women
no matter how you slice it, this is not SJW and will never be sjw. it's a direct result of him killing women. there is no way to unironically praise feminism in relation to being able to kill women

okay and what SJW games have they made since BL2?
the only SJW part of BL2 was burch, who they hired because he was popular and they thought he could write humor that would appeal to the masses (which he did). the game's battle dialogue still ended up consisting of "BITCH BITCH BITCH FATTIE" regardless of him working on it

let's not forget that they released duke nukem forever and instead of trying to tone down the sex aspect, had people voting on what girls to feature in the storyline and added wall titties (which were a forum-goer's suggestion)