Cossacks3

Cossacks3

20th of september fellow generals

Suck a dick.

Apparently there is a closed beta coming soon.
You fags wouldn't happen to be playing the game already and hiding it, now would you ?

Is Sergei gonna jew everyone over again?

What happened last time ? Quite frankly I'm bandwagoning on Cossacks since it's among the few RTS coming soon.

I'm excited but how popular will it be, I'm hoping to play multiplayer with my friends.

I need this to be good.

It looks great so far.

That fucking 4th screenshot. It's an accurate depiction of modern Sweden.

I might check this out. I only ever played Cossacks Back to War, and I played it a lot, but that was years ago. I remember it mainly being similar to AOE2 but with 20 times the available units and more emphasis on gunpowder.

Many people do say RTS is dead and in many ways it is, at least commercially. The problem is that good RTS games never really become outdated. Many people still regularly play AOE2 almost 20 years after release.

I really want to see an RTS with fully customisable towns where you can design buildings, roads and defenses and modify terrain in a way similar to minecraft. Does any such game exist?

Fuck yes

==Reminder== to buy the game and support the devs.

Because there is high possibility that if cossacks 3 will be a financial success they might have enough resources to make STALKER 2

He threw a jew fit and killed off the chance of getting Stalker 2 ever.

Stalker 2 needed time and resources to be completed, and overall new engine because xRay is an outdated buggy piece of engine. It was a wise business decision to wait for the better times

Which game did better job at being Cossacks 2, American Conquest or Cossacks 2 proper?

Fuck yeah.

I enjoyed American Conquest. I felt the native units really made that whole colonial feel work really well whilst keeping with the original Cossacks 2 style. Just has more options.

I still cannot figure out how to play natives in that game. I rely too heavily on log cabin, fort / fortress or lines of Musketeers or Fusiliers.

American Conquest is closer in gameplay to the original cossacks then 2 is. AC is cossacks 1.5 in murrica.
Cossacks 2 is about napoleonic warfare rather than 16-18th century. The economy is changed with a bit with villages that you have to capture for resources instead of mine slots and it focuses on different combat style. It's all about formations and morale, troops won't fire without orders, which adds some micro to the game.
Because the effectiveness of guns drops sharply with range, reloads are longer and thy only fire when ordered it's kinda like a game of chicken with two lines of infantry walking towards each other waiting who is going to fire first to maximize the damage, personally i find that pretty cool, but it requires you to constantly pay attention, makes it difficult to fight with more than a couple formations so it wasn't well received at the time.

I'll be looking into it because a new strategy game would be pretty refreshing

and I really really want a chance to see a new STALKER

Sergei is not wise when it comes to spending money.

never played any cossacks game, is it like age of empires 3?

no its closer to AoE2.

No videos yet?
Hmm…

its its own think, really. focus is on large formations (smallest being 32, biggest being INFINITE)

Smallest is 15 actually.
Sorry for being pedantic

isnt it 16? since it follows multiples (i hope that this is the right word, they never thought us anglish math in slavland) of 8

Yeah, beta was supposed to start a while ago but we haven't seen a real gameplay yet, only those scripted videos. It really casts a doubt and whether the it's even actually functional yet. We also haven't seen a single ship model and ships are supposedly going to be in the game.

I just checked on back to war with 17th century Swedish pikemen at it was 15 for them

dead genre

I'm playing Cossacks: Back to War on my laptop

I'm upset that Grey Goo bombed…are these guys going to be the ones to revive RTS?

Cossacks is an obscure series but since RTS is dead is might pick up traction, if it gets shilled as Russian AoE in a few spots it will get more light shined on it.

Who knows. Even if the 3rd game is just a carbon copy of the first with updated visuals/ some UI things it'll be the best RTS to come out in the past few years. Unless I missed out on something great

Was Starcraft 2 good. I wouldn't know since I didn't play the first but I found it fun with the exclusive Blizzard charm.

Bump.