Try to repair 2011 Galaxy Tab

Look I know this isn't directly vidya, but these demonic pieces of shit usually appear on Nintendo hardware as well. I'm sure some of you have repaired a Gameboy or DS before, so I was hoping you had tips and tricks to getting this fucker open.

I need to get in there and repair tonight it so I can watch a movie tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Precision-Screwdriver-Portable-Repair-Tool/dp/B01E590BZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469070089&sr=8-1&keywords=tri winged screwdriver
gigaparts.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guess you won't be watching your movie tomorrow.

I figured you guys wouldn't be much help. Thanks for your time anyways

Your best bet is to buy one off Amazon, otherwise you rise stripping the screw and then you'd be even more fucked.

risk

What movie were you gonna watch?

did you try fixing it

Get an electronics repair kit with a screwdriver. They usually sell with driver bits for 3-point, 4-point, 6-point, torx, flathead, and shit you don't even know exists yet.

Try heating up the end of a cheap pen with a lighter to soften the plastic, then stick the end into the screw head and hold it for a few seconds.
If the screw is in there too tight, it probably won't work though.

Munich

My $70 kit came with this stuff. No tri-wing

I only have a butane lighter for cigars and it's out of fuel. Can I use my soldering iron instead?

its a good movie

I don't think the soldering iron would work, since it will just heat up the plastic touching it too fast and end up burning it, instead of softening. Also, burning plastic stuck to the end of a soldering iron smells like ass.

amazon.com/Precision-Screwdriver-Portable-Repair-Tool/dp/B01E590BZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469070089&sr=8-1&keywords=tri winged screwdriver

You can also find them in pretty much any security driver set as well in most stores. Also, a small enough flat head bit can fit between two of the notches, I did it the first time i needed to fix the l button on my 3ds

also, you legitimately got ripped off for that 70 dollar set. Horrifically.

Well it isn't complete, but yes, I did. I bought it last year on impulse because I didn't want to wait for a solder to be shipped to me.

Here's where I bought it from, if you're curious: gigaparts.com/

So if I drive to Sears or Walmart now I'll find one?

I have a super small one as shown in OP, and it isnt working

Check out a glasses repair kit for an even smaller flathead. The sell for like 4-5 bucks.

You deserve rape.

My $50 kit came with a fuckheug interchangeable screwdriver bit set and some of those plastic things meant for splitting the case open.

It's called an ifixit.

actually I think I do have one, but only a vague idea of where I keep it

Just go to walmart and get a precision screwdriver kit for $10.

And the gameboy was a piece of cake to repair.

Take a dremel or a hacksaw and cut the screw a little bit on the top, then unscrew it with a flathead.
I did this when I stripped the security screws on my ps2.

Do this. I wouldn't even bother trying to buy a tri-wing screw driver, tri-wings strip in the blink of an eye.

that would damage the case

They're affordable and the high end ones run well. My Galaxy Tab 3 is running CM13 and it works fine.

This is a good idea, but it will damage your case as you already pointed out.
I have a Sony laptop which I opened up so often (for cleaning the fans) that some screws were completely fucked.
The last resort is to use a drill and drill their heads off. I had to do this. If you have small enough drill head FOR METAL, you can pull it off without damaging the case. The screws will be gone afterward obviously. If the stability of the tablet does not depend too much on those two screws, you can safely go ahead. If you need those two screws for stability reasons, you could still drill their heads off, provided the case is made of a somewhat flexible plastic. In that case you can place two drops of solder on the screws to give them a new head that stands out a little. If everything works out, those two drops will keep the case in place after you put everything back together.
This is last resort territory though. Try the less destructive options first.

are you a poorfag?

Guaranteed replies.