Holla Forums what is the absolute dumbest thing you've ever done/failed to grasp in a game...

Holla Forums what is the absolute dumbest thing you've ever done/failed to grasp in a game? It took me 3 months to get out of the starting house in Pokemon Blue, my very first video game. I didn't have internet at the time, I just started it up every day and spent god knows how long trying every conceivable way to escape. I asked people at school how to get out of the house and they wanted to bully me but I had a brain disorder so they weren't allowed. Then I accidentally walked into a wall and there I was, outside. Then a few more weeks went by and I eventually made it to the town up north. After a year I just gave up on the entire concept of video games, and that stood for over 12 years.

ok

what

Lol

id dubs
dubs
id trips
dubs
dubs

You still do user.

Here goes faggot ass OP making this shitty thread and I can't stop fucking laughing

Do you think OP has a cute peen?

Dude

I heard valve needed some new play testers and I think you would fit right in.

Holy shit after all these years of people pretending to be tards on this board, the chosen one is finally here

Do you think OP has a cute peen?>>10126470
ya i bet he has a real cute peen

My worst was failing to realize about the pistol's EMP function in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. God, I crashed through the first few levels with the subtlety of a raging bull until I accidentally discovered the key did something. I restarted from the bank level out of shame.

For those who haven't played it, level two is set in a bank with a variety of laser wires and I tripped them all.

I also got stuck in Thi4f. It's such a bad port that they don't tell you that V is drop; you can't actually modify or see the M+KB mappings, either. That's all V does by the way, only one use; to drop down from ropes.

There are others, but I've long since forgotten.

Holy shit.

lol

My worst is that due to aesthetic-triggered autism, I refuse to play any isometric game unless it's a RTS or something similar.

I have refused to play Divinity OS, Pillars of Eternity, Icewind Dale 1&2, Neverwinter Nights, etc.

does isometric also refer to the camera angle?

As far as I know, or at least that is what I am referring to.

I just fucking hate it and can never get immersed in the game. It's constantly taunting me that there is a great game underneath my sky-view but I can never experience it on a much closer level.

I refused to play Divinity OS because I fucking hate turn-based games.
I loved the other Divinity games as well, so it only hurts me even more.

III NEVER EVER

What cracks me up about this is that at the same time I was taking a college course in biochemistry that was recommended to me by my school district.

That only means that you had the autism to work so hard that you transcended into a state of intellectual competence. Still dumb though.

Holy shit how can you be so fucking retarded?
there is rug on floor, you go to rug and push on wall. it's not hard.
What vidya do you even play now, fucking telletubbies for PS1?

Nope, just OS2.

Mostly I play a lot of simulator-type games. Loving the shit out of Mius Front and DCS World.

Kill me Pete

well in neverwinter nights 1 you can change the camera angle above or below or left or right or near or far with the mouse, and not just to fixed positions

I'm not sure how anyone could top this. OP how can you be this dumb?

How close is maximum in this game.

user this is important.

I love when professional devs visit Holla Forums

ill check and take a screenshot

Goodbye sides.

10/10 lad

wew lad

The thing i failed to grasp was how to pass coffee man, which took a long time but WHAT THE HELL

My first playthrough of Super Metroid ended when I couldn't realize how to dash through that one green room.
You may bully me no-

What the fuck

When I was a kid playing Final Fantasy Tactics for the first time I never had the brilliant idea of pressing r1 or l1 on the controller and adding my units onto the field besides Ramza for the first mission. I thought that was the most difficult game ever made

This has to be the best retarded post I've read.

Bravo OP

allright here it is
first i tried to figure out how to run the game in windowed mode and it didn't work, so i just using snipping tool the tga file opened by gimp

this is with the character facing towards a wall or however you'd call it and the combat log and chat box collapsed

So I could possibly play in "third person"

I'll have to remember this when I have some disposable income.

I played though the first Kingdom Hearts only using the Kingdom Key because I didn't realize I was getting other keyblades after beating every level.
I don't think the game ever forced me to change to a different keyblade and because of that I just never did.

What is she using her key for? To open the basement?

Too bad, you deserved the bullying.

The key is providing just enough information the right order.
I can't undo the fact that I couldn't walk through a door in Pokemon but I can ensure everyone is amused by it as I am today. Sage because I don't want to keep bumping my own thread, that's a task for others.

yes

I didn't deflect ganon's attacks because i forgot how i beat phantom ganon fight due to a break of about a year and just got ass-annihilated by him for ages

I find it really funny whenever artists post their patreons in their images.

that anatomy is fucking horrendous actually. Unless the character looks like that. These fucking talentless hacks actually want people to donate money to them

I was 8 when Blue released and I still figured it out in less than a millisecond (I wouldn't have internet for a fucking decade). You win every retard award in existence.

OP, it's been nearly a decade since that copy pasta has been used, why bring it back now?

Have we started the fire?

I had the same problem too
except it took me a week and I didn't have brain damage
;_;

I remember not being able to beat this one part of Rayman 2 where you have to blow up the machine that holds Ly. I just kept getting killed by the helicopter bomb. I never thought of throwing the barrel in the air and shooting. It didn't play that game for another 15 years. The game gives you advice, but I couldn't read at the time.

You sure about that, mate? Did you get it checked?

probably the best OC I've read on Holla Forums in a long while whether true or not I had a good chuckle

…. no

This, but I figured out on the level.
Another thing I failed to get was using the zoom-vision to remote access computers, which I never knew existed until the final level where you have to do it from a vent.
Stellar game though, one of the few I may play more than once.

I can't laugh at this anymore.

Yesterday my nephew, who is currently getting caught up in that pokemon go trash, asked me if their were any pokemon games on the 3ds.
I installed pokemon x on his 3ds and he spent 2 minutes walking around the players room before giving up, claiming that it was "too hard".

No hope. No future.

why does she look at the hammer like it's his fault
like what the fuck did she expect to happen

The wall to fade out, revealing a treasure chest?

Ah I get it, it's a memeSouls joke

Mate, I'm pretty sure the OP is a copypasta.

Correct, trustworthy merchant.

I got stuck in Paper Mario: TTYD. Somehow my mind registered that I don't hit each statue just a few times like in Flavo's song. It got registered as hit it too many times until the flame spirit shows up and that counts as one of the reps in the song.

I beat all of Armored Core Nine Breaker without figuring out I could tune parts until I was done.

Like what the fuck guys, what I did was silly and dumb but I still beat the game, you guys are just fucking retarded holy shit.

While playing punch out for the wii, I only discovered about star punches on bald bull's ng+ match(about 85% into the game).

In Star Control 2, after first approaching this red and irradiated looking Earth, the Ur-Quan drone-vessel gives a warning signal for you to stay put and wait to get arrested. I'd try to go far, far away. Out of the solar system. Fuck that shit. After trying to move for a little while, I'd immediately get my shit kicked in by a probe.

It was nice to have a game not spoon feed me directions for a change. It was fun

Anyone here play The Illusion of Gaia? I played it as a kid and could not get past an early dungeon. The setting was something like a Mayan ruin. I remember you reached it shortly after this village high in the mountains, a couple hours into the game. I spent days wandering in circles in that dungeon and I never figured out where the fuck I was supposed to go. I started another save file, thinking I might have missed something vital, but to no avail. After another few hours of wandering I gave up. My mom eventually traded the game back to Funcoland without asking me and I never saw it again.

Many years later I started playing it again on an emulator, sure that the solution would be obvious to me now. The exact same thing happened. I couldn't figure out what the fuck to do. Several hours of experimenting, even scouring GameFAQs, and I couldn't find the exit. I gave up once again.

I'm almost afraid to try now. I don't want to face that demon a fourth time, but at the same time, I don't know what I'd do if I looked up the solution on a Let's Play and it turned out to be completely obvious. You know how sometimes you don't want to re-experience something you loved as a kid for fear that seeing it through an adult's eyes would taint your memory? Some part of me wants to be haunted by that shitty dungeon forever.

Here ya go

This thread

When I was a faggotty ten year old, I played through FFX up to the fight against the dragon on the way to stop the wedding and save yuna without using the sphere grid beyond the tutorial cause I didn't think I was getting the spheres needed to progress on it. Never did beat that fight.

I guess I know what I'm doing with my night.

I sat there playing tennis with him for an hour straight multiple times because I completely forgot about the existence of light arrows.

I ended up checking a guide to find out that I had to use light arrows.

Hope you enjoy it

I think probably my worst was when I first played OoT when I was like ten or so I got stuck on Gohma because I couldn't get the hang of aiming the slingshot in first person and I just gave up on the game for like a year or something to play other games. When I eventually went back to it I just breezed through the entire game in like a week or two. Same thing happened years later with the first Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, got stuck on one of the early bosses and shelved the game for a year before coming back to it.

wtf

I didn't even know english back when I first played TTYD, I basically never got past the train

I wanted to laugh at OP then I remembered I spent months trying to get over this puzzle.

Somebody screencap this

I played DmC, the first one, almost completely without Devil Trigger. I don't think my copy had a manual, and I don't recall it ever telling you how to activate it in-game so I just went without.

I was damn near the end of the game before my cousin started a game, flailed on the controller like a retard and figured it out. After that everything was piss-easy.

I am not a native English speaker, but I started playing video games anyway, at around 7 years old. Soon after that I got my own PC, and I coaxed a neighbor into installing me Call of Duty.

Point is, you know when you select the difficulty? With my poor English I thought the game was just asking me what military rank do I want, so of course I went with the bloody highest. To this day I still have no idea how I managed to finish that game.

You need to git gud.

Much like how you advise someone whose car doesn't work to see a mechanic.

Sounds like you enjoyed it anyway, at least!

Starting on the highest difficulty can help you git gud fast.

I want to bully autists.

Something in the their eyes. How they question "WHY" to everything without muttering a word. Makes me mad.

Probably cuz I am one too

Remember, the first Call of Duty is nigh impossible on the highest difficulty because everything one-shots you, the checkpoints are all retarded, and you die to bullshit all the time.

It took me three playthroughs of Pokemon tory Hoenn (Sapphire - Sapphire - Emerald) to get through the victory road.

It took me about a month to pass Viridian forest. I made it all the way to the end, but I thought it was a dead end.

When i first played pokemon (it was gold) i thought you could only have 6 pokemon. So, after i beat clair, i realized i needed something that could waterfall. So i went to catch a water type, happened to be magikarp, which couldnt learn it. Dejected, i realized id have to restart the game, so i did (after catching a psyduck with the masterball for fun). I learned about the pc around halfway through the second run from my cousin.

Similar for me, but the emp on the Y-Wing in Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

If anybody remembers Brave Fencer Musashi, a PS1 game, you might also remember one of the late-game bosses challenged you to a rhythm game instead of a standard fight like everything else in the whole game.

Well, when I played it, I had never played a rhythm game before, or had any experience with the concept at all. I just assumed it was like, that Simon game or something and I just had to copy the button presses she was doing. Since I didn't do them in rhythm at all, I'd instantly fail the rhythm game before the song even started for you to repeat, and get pushed back into that damage barrier thing in the back of the room. Without any idea what I was supposed to be doing, I figured I was just either pressing the wrong buttons or not doing it fast enough. So I played that fight OVER AND OVER AND OVER for soooo long, (and everything between it and the last continue point, of course,) eventually memorizing it all and mastering pressing the whole sequence super fast. I can't even say how many times I tried, but eventually I realized what I was doing was absolutely not working. I was definitely doing it all in the time before I failed. Eventually I just gave up, and in total despair I just stared at the battle not pressing anything and that's when I realized… It's starting the song she just did again. It must want me to press the buttons in time to the song, like I'm repeating her! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! Then, of course, it was a piece of cake.

Ultimately I tried that part so many times, that even though I never played the game again since then, I still have that song memorized.

X X, circle square
X X, triangle square
XX, circle square
XX, circle circle, square

A shining argument for why we need eugenics

TOP KEK

I see.

When I was a kid I would brute force everything. Oh Hitman? Fuck you this John Wu time. Oh the Asylum Demon? Fuck running, I'm just not doing it right! Arthas wants me to guard a certain point for a time? You mean raid their base so they can't send troops, right?

but the dumbest thing I used to do was my obsession with narrative (still affects me) I'd make say, a village and I'd have a little 'story' for each individual unit. Sometimes villagers would die in front of their 'wives'…so they'd become militia to take up the sword against those who had slain. Sometimes a veteran footman would die, so I'd send his unit charging into a suicide attempt in his honor etc etc.

So one time, I was really into the whole "Well Auron has to be the strongest, he's my favourite" ideology and so he was the only one I went through the sphere grid with. Days upon fucking days with just him. Just Auron. Only Auron. Fuck everyone else. Auron. Boss too hard? Time to grind every hour after school.

Fucking Auron.

It took me 120 hours ingame to beat Nuclear Throne, let alone loop with Crystal.

Took me two years of playing Skyrim to realise that there was a favourites menu.

Thanks OP, I needed a laugh.

It took me a little bit to figure out how to get outside. Most RPGs I played had a tile poking out of the side to indicate a doorway. When I didn't see that, I was a bit confused.

The big dumb thing I did in pokemon was not visit my rival's sister. When he said he was going to tell her not to give me a town map, I figured I wouldn't get one from her.

I took 1-2 hours, turning off the GBC 3-4 times and restarting the game at least twice. Pokémon Yellow was my first RPG, and I was 6-7 at the time.

Well…

was getting caught part of her master plan?

well the game was called DANCE or DIE

you don't dance?
YOU FUCKING DIE!

I'm truly baffled. You never saw the animu or the fucking cover of the game?

I still play it to this day.

Well, Auron is the best.

STILL THE BEST - 1973

I thought that too, I thought you'd step onto the mat and would put you outside and when it didn't happen I got confused.

I came back about an hour or so later and tried walking dwon and began my journey

Living.

It took me a week to figure out how to kill the first plant monster in FF9. I didn't know how to use potions on Garnet so I got really frustrated and had to put the game down. After that I breezed through the game though.

dream sequence in ff6 got me, i didnt know walking backwards would put you in a new zone
i beat basically all of AC2 using unarmed idk why but the final battle was so surprise to me and i dusted that fag

lol

Every time I played Lula ended up doing 10 times more attack damage than Kimari. I couldn't into sphere grid.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't wrap my head around K-style. Still an amazing game.

Don't forget to get some bacon to snack on.

i was d-style lol which basically was scrub shit.
just hope you can dagger hop fast enough around them

That's either some incredibly specific form of autism or you're just pulling our leg.
Either way: well done, retard.

I was so shit at vidya as a kid that I couldn't beat any megaman 2, ducktales and chip n' dale stages. I also couldn't beat Sonic 2's chemical plant zone.

I've never gotten past marble zone 2 or chemical plant 2.

I can never understand how you can be plain bad at video games. Brain disorder can't even justify this shit.

I was 8 years old, and I was under a lot of stress because I had just been skipped to 9th grade.

Most of that 3 months was just "ok, I went through all the objects, time for a minute or two of bumping into walls to find the exit." To make things worse there were no rugs in my house so I lacked the intuitive rug=door.

…did you live in an apartment, or did your family just figure "well, people tracked dirt in, I guess we'll just leave it there"

My house didn't have rugs either but I figured it out after some trial and error.

Nigga, you expect me to believe that:
or

My entire childhood was like someone else's bad comedy routine.

not as bad as when I thought you had to KO a pokemon to catch it because thats what it looked like in the show

Well, i couldn't get oast the 4th boss from Crash Bandicoot 2 and i dropped the game for years

Are you retarded? To begin with skipping a grade or not is not a big deal after a certain point, because if you study at home you can do it faster than the retard speed they do at schools. But in his case, if we have to believe him and was just taking grades faster than others, because his parents made him, and partly because of that also extremely socially and common sense retarded.

I dunno, maybe I am retarded.
I just know that what you said made no sense even in a hypothetical sense.
I started going to school when I was 7, some kids started at 6 and others at 8, but the starting age for 1st grade was 7. I know some classes can be pretty slow in primary school for select children, but what you're suggesting is ridiculous.

Well, I can understand something like that happening once, hell, even twice before you figure it out. But spending months on a doormat, or getting lost in the first forest…

Fucking hell, I started pokemon before I knew how to read, and ended up fighting the first gym again and again, before I figured out the menu. WITHOUT KNOWING HOW TO READ SHIT!
In retrospect, almost finishing pokemon by the time I could read was some harcore autism at work

I can't understand how people with fuctionnal brain can't figure out how to play a video game, that's beyond me.

wait what

Wasn't this a flamesonfire1212 joke?

nigga you missing out

>Get VC1 in PS3
>Get VC1 in Steam

Maybe because Kingdom Hearts is a DeviantArt fanfic turned into a game and also casual shite.

Why do marxists have to exist? They subvert and destroy everything they touch.
First, vidya.
And then, the family unit.
Again, why has God abandoned us?

That's not Luluco.

I had never ever used them and I managed to finish lots of rpgs. For a large part of Nocturne I still didn't use buffs until the reality slowly sank in. At first I thought he was just outleveling me that's why I missed so much. I grinded up to lvl 30+ to kill him still not using any buffs/debuffs. At the Thor guy I had to google how people beat him and then I saw you're supposed to use buffs/debuffs. I never managed to finish this.

holy shit dude glad you said that or i would have never known

you are welcome, user.

Sometimes I wonder what the fuck was wrong with me. I know it sounds braggy but I was just really stupid when it came to simple things.

Holy shitty. Public school indoctrination at its finest. I bet you are eve American. You are one dumb piece of human trash.

It's called sever autism, user.

Back to the Pokemon theme, when one of my 'mon was poisoned for the first time I got really worried that the game was broken and called Nintendo to ask them how to fix it. I realized how much of a retard I sounded like when the guy on the phone said "Go to the building that says "Pokémon"…".

*Poké

Or Polygon writers

More?

Kill yourself.

Russian.
You wanna explain your reasoning to me in simple, one-syllable words instead of just calling me retarded? Because I highly doubt a child can learn everything there is to learn in 8 grades at the age of 7-8.

Even back when Pokemon was released there has been FAQs and walkthroughs everywhere. The fact that this game is one of the most popular franchises ever doesn't help. I refuse to believe anyone can be so amazingly retarded, nor I believe you honestly thought anyone would fall for this.

Fuck you so much & what the fuck man

I played 007: Legends a while ago and it took me a whole month to figure out that the best way to sneak by is to kill everyone silently before moving up.

When I played Mass Effect for the first time, I went through two playthroughs without leveling up any of my skills on normal. It was pretty challenging.

When I first played Silver I wasted my masterball on a skarmory after it refused to get in a pokeball after several attempts. I then stashed it and never used it
I also got lost for a week or so when you had to get the power plant parts until my brother checked an FAQ and told me later where it was. I couldn't read english very well and I most likely skipped the dialog from the team rocket goon that tells you he dropped the part.

Don't they traduce vidya where you live?
I mean, at least in countries like Spain RPG and text heavy games got traducted.

Yeah, "tu fiesta te espera arriba".

On my first playthrough of dark souls I went to catacombs instead of blightown after the first bell because I had no idea there was a path leading under firelink. When the crestfallen guy said the second bell was "below" it seemed like the catacombs was below enough. I made to the first catacombs bonfire before abandoning the game for several months.

I later found the correct way after watching a lets play

Nah, no Portuguese translations. On the plus side by the time I was 10 or so I could already read and write in near perfect English.

My english sucks I know
I meant traduct.

I couldn't find a ramp in victory road back then. It wa safter I got moltres. I even bought a magazine to find out how could I go through that dungeon. Eventually somebody pointed the ramp to me.

In what sort of a little world do you live in?

Yeah, I have met some Portuguese people and they can speak in English perfectly, but here in Spain we are utter retards when it comes to that. Some people attribute it exactly to the fact that we are accustomed to getting everything translated and dubbed.

Oh, you.

A single child prodigy is your argument?
You can't cherry-pick an exceptional example and say that it applies to all/most children.

Do you mean translate? Because otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about.

Are you this brain dead? I am very sorry if you are making some dumb assumptions by your own like someone having to jump seven grades in a single day or year or whatever the fuck you thought. There are plenty of kids that are able to skip a few years, and some even 7 or more, with various levels of intelligence. A good chunk of of the population could finish school a few years faster by not having to go down to the same speed as dumb people like yourself. This grade system is part of the reason why education is complete crap right now.

Holy shit, I did the same thing on my Silver when I was a kid. I caught a Skarmory with a master ball. I did use mine, though.

Frog, kill yourself.

Fuck me

It took me 2 years to get inside the 1st dungeon in Zelda: Wind Waker..I couldn't get the bomb in the pot. I restarted it twice…then dropped it, then when i restarted it a 3rd time 2 years later I got it in on my 1st try.

I'm a 12 year old japanese girl.

Also yeah wasn't the best example but I couldn't think of anything neat

I don't know why you're getting this frustrated. I guess you really didn't enjoy your time at primary school, but that doesn't mean everyone is as quick to pick up on things as you think you are.
I was considered very bright for my age and went through the first 5 grades with ease while most of my class mates struggled. A couple even had to re-do a year.

The world is a lot bigger than you might think, fwend.

Said the guy that can't even imagine someone else doing something he can't.

IT'S GONNA HURT!

What's wrong with her anatomy?

This fuck had a DeviantArt, right?
I remember him shopping himself with ponies.

Her feet are weird, also I think the pelvis needs to be a little farther

Oh, I can imagine it alright.
I can't imagine everybody being that good though, that's where my imagination hits its limit. Or how can one person be this salty about something.

So you are going to ignore the fact that it is a stupid assumption that you thought of by yourself or even worse an excuse you thought that can pass as one. Repeat your meme one liner as much as you want, you won't get any more intelligent.

What disorder do you have?

you are jus a nigger

I downloaded the new Wolfeinstien game but quit after 5 minutes because I couldn't figure out how to slide or something so that I could kill something or escape I can't recall but because I couldn't do the combo right it killed me again and again.

What?

Jesus fucking Christ.

What a faggot.

You should kill yourself OP, do the gene pool a favour.

As if a woman would get out with him. At best he will find some ugly stupid bitch and produce a stupid ugly child that will be able to mate only with other half-humans.

At almost the start of the game you have to preform a combo move but for some reason I couldn't do it.

lol

You beat like 5 gyms with just your starter? user you are a fucking beast

The word you're looking for is overset.

You fucking what

didn't know how to parry till my 4rth time doing dark souls.

Proof that the internet is retarded

not necessarily the camera angle but the fact that even though objects are at an angle, objects further away aren't smaller than objects close to the camera. (iso=same metric=measurement) it became associated with the 30 degree offset later on because that's the usual angle used with isometric perspectives.

It depends on your definition of fun. I once managed to make Mark salty on Twitter by suggesting that maybe these people are referring to fun as something that makes you laugh, while we just use fun as a synonymous of good.

Only the most pretentious (not Anthony Cuck, we all know his "humor" is far from pretentious) artfaggots would ever consider that art that's boring and unappealing is good. Good art is captivating, make of that word what you will.

Sure, buddy
Go gas yourself

Lad.
Games where made for funsies.
kys

You are just autistic.

I don't think that really applies here, because most walkthroughs assumed you were competent enough to get out of the home in less than 3 months.

Also, just because you didn't have a rug in your house doesn't mean that you, a quote child prodigy unquote, wouldn't know what a rug was in the first place, unless you're just an autist or troll lying on the Internet.

It's just brain wiring, man. You're probably on the spectrum somewhere, and that's fine. I still like you.

user what the hell

I've probably done worse but I'll tell this one since its dumbest I can recall atm. Reason why I stopped playing WoW back in TBC days. I fell into lava in Blackrock Mountain and couldn't find a way out of there, even with ghost form to spirit resurrect at graveyard. In hindsight I could have googled it, asked on forums or even filed GM ticket.

It took me very long time to realize that you can run in Splinter Cell. In one mission I had accidentally scrolled a bit so that the character ran during that level. I thought that was a "running level" while the other levels were normal sneaking levels.

Something that happens more often than I'd like to admit is that there's a really easy puzzle that just completely flies over my head. I'm okay with other and harder puzzles, but there's always just one thing that I never connect the dots with. Just yesterday I had this problem with Slime Climb's bonus barrel from DKC2. I'm about 7 or so Kremkoins from fighting the final boss.

Anita?

you mean like anita sarkeesian?

i got stuck in that gnome maze in runescape once and couldnt figure out how to get out
good times

There's an unskippabable tutorial in Viridian city that tells you how to catch pokemon. How could you still not get it?

In fact, the idea of separate running and sneaking levels got stuck into my memory so hard that when I years later replayed Splinter Cell, I still thought you can't run in normal levels. Once I reached the "running level" I was baffled why I'm not running. I don't think I've ever felt as dumb as when I finally "re-learned" how to run by rolling the mouse scroll.

I was seven and it was literally the first game I ever played. I'm still not sure why it took so long for me to figure it out.

I could never get past the spiky things in the sewers.

When I was a kid, I had a couple of older kids tell me that in Pokemon Red, If I walked in circles for long enough, Mewtow would appear out of nowhere and I'd have the chance to capture it.

Right after trying for nearly an hour, they told me I just had to talk to the old man about a thousand times, after spending nearly another hour doing so i realized I had been lied to.

My parents finally told me that I have Autism early this year, shortly before my 22th birthday

pepe's here for you

How severe?
my family told me I don't have a mental disorder
went to psychiatrist
diagnosed with probable sociopathy

Autism is a powerful tool, user.
Go into romhacking, or game translations, and make vidya great again

T-thanks

They sent me to many psychologists and psychiatrists in my childhood, at first they could not tell between Aspergers and good ol' autism, but apparently settled for Autism, I recently was told to sign some disability papers to help me find a job.

Lad, you can live off AutismBux now. Look at the good side of it.

Take it from old man Mark, those papers will only get you jobs as a bus boy.

fuck user, i'm really sorry to hear that
all i know that's wrong with me is OCD
i really hope this doesn't fuck with you too much buddy

I once told two kids in highschool that if they beat the first Halo on the hardest difficulty without dying they'd get an extended ending where the chief shows his face.
They stuck at it for a year and a half and fair play to them they eventually did it.

Thank you for the support anons, I now know what I must do.

user! don't go dying!
come on man!
we can fix this! or figure something out!

It is not stupid to assume that user is lying because to get to the 9th grade at that age would require him to be a wünderkind, like you've proven with Michael Kearney example.
I am not saying that the educational system is perfect, but it's not a braindead common core derivative either yet.
You keep saying that I'm retarded and human trash and whatnot, but you a still wrong in YOUR assumptions. If everyone could just breeze through school like our dear OP or the other 12 wünderkinder of the world, they wouldn't be called that.

Give me an email or something. I suddenly got the need to befriend an autist.

this, i just hope he don't mind spaghetti spillage

And you keep on being stuck on that "everyone" thing you assumed yourself as the dumbass nigger you are. You can't keep on arguing with a self-made strawman. Him lying or not has nothing to do with you thinking that or that he must have jumped from grade 2 to 9 and other retarded crap.

i, for the life of me, could not figure out that pit you fall in, in metriod zero mission, where you get power grip. you literally just have to shoot the wall. i was really young and it took me fucking forever.

And you keep on being stuck on that "everyone" thing you assumed yourself as the genius nigger you think you are. You can't keep on arguing with a self-made strawman. Him lying or not has nothing to do with you thinking that or that he must have jumped from grade 2 to 9 and other retarded crap.

Ebin.

Yeah just shove a piece of jagged steal into your cunt that'll be swell

it's actually more well drawn than the official art of her.

When I was still learning english I was gifted Majoras Mask because the commercial made it look really fucking cool.

I must have spent a a month or two trying to get past clock town because I had no idea how to get out.

Got my friend and brother to play it both knew english but to no avail we stayed in clock town.

We got the moon tear stone and saw skull kid but never thought to bubble attack him.

Only after consulting a strategy guide did we finally figure out what to do.

Still one of my favorite games to this day and I attribute it to helping me learn english faster than most my classmates.,

I also Have autism. I was diagnosed with Aspergers but that was before Aspergers stopped being considered a medical diagnoses after the DSM5 came out. My real problem is a crippling fear of the unknown and unfamiliar.

You are not even the first person I heard saying that.
I used to have a neighbor that ran into the same problem.
The fucking prick then stole my Pokémon Red version from my house shortly before he and his family moved.

Fuck you.

It's autism alright.

back when I had pokemon blue as well it took me 3 months to figure out how to get into saffron city because the guards would never let me in. I didn't realize that you needed to buy a soda/water from the vending machines at the top of the mall.

It took me a while to leave the first house in Mystical Ninja on nintendo 64 because when I was a little kid I had no idea how japanese houses worked. I just saw a bunch of walls and wondered where the door was, for ten minutes I walked around thinking of what to do in that little room to get me outside and then I accidentally touched a wall which slid open. Since that day I became enamored with japanese culture.

I remember it took me a long time to kill Ramon in Resident Evil 4 because I didn't know you could kill him in one hit with a RPG, and I didn't have an RPG at the time. Thats the main thing that comes to mind, but I've probably done a lot of stupid shit in games that I either can't remember right now or are to ashamed to think about.

You don't need the rocket launcher for him at all what the fuck.

Speaking about RE4, in all my 7 playthroughs of the game I never realized Chief Mendez' first form had a weak spot in his spine

Also is right. You can shoot him down with any regular weapon.

its called autism bro

I did manage to kill him with my regular guns, it just took me a lot longer than I could with the rocket launcher. Not that I'm complaining Cause I still had a fun time fighting him. Still nice to know that an RPG isn't necessary for that fight.

*than I could have

Not even the special RPG Ada gives you is necessary to kill the final boss, you can kill it without it just as well, and if you keep it for a new game, you can sell it for some ridiculous amount of cash.

Huh didn't know that, thanks user.

I didn't know you could dodge in MGR until I was stuck fighting Armstrong on revengeance difficulty.
How the fuck I was supposed to know "Offensive defensive" meant dodge.

I also didn't know you could sprint in Half-Life 2 until episode 2 when I couldn't get past the antlion tunnels and only figured it out after looking it up.

I actually jewed the fuck out and ended up using only the Red9 with 3 rocket launchers on my NG+. Fun times.

I remember not having a problem when I played this in a proper SNES but for some retarded reason I forgot in an emulator that there was this button that I thought it did nothing.

I still blame the design, there's a reason why the dash now requires not tapping anything.

Yeah when I was a stupid kid (6 or 7) I could not figure that out at all. I banged my head against that game for weeks and never figured it out. I ended up trading super Metroid in. I luckily bought a CIB copy long before the explosion in price for like 30$ so no big loss. Still though I felt like a huge as when I went back to that game.

I never pay attention to dialogue so I didn't know you could stop time in pic related until I was like halfway through.

There's a reason they call it noob bridge

It took me a lot of time to figure out I had to blow up the glass tube to enter maridia

"Reddit Overreacts To Moderately Funny Quips So That They Can Make Epic Screencap Collages: The Thread"

Wow.

Not that user but I beat Red, Gold and Zaphire using purely the starter, by the end it gets lvl 90 and no one can do shit to you.

Get out faggot

No, he's saying other people visit reddit, you dumbass.

reminds me of something

This reminded me of something too
mfw

I hope he has a 22th birthday because there's nothing worse than having to go to the dentist on an important day.

Using your starter is probably the easiest way through the game. To this day I go through every pokemon game making sure that no Pokemon other than my starter ever gets EXP, at least until my starter is Lv100. I'm also too autistic to faint wild pokemon, I either run away or catch them (and send them to the PC forever, unless they are the best for a particular HM, like Lapras for Surf). But if you battle every trainer, you'll still be vastly overleveled.

But to answer OP's question, I had to restart Sapphire when I found that Mudkip didn't have a wide enough selection of moves to let me do this. Also I can never use any consumable items, including TMs.

not even potions?

Who is this faggot? I want to bully him on his YouTube.

On topic. That barrel from Carnival Night Zone Act 2. Took me a week to figure out. I was a stupid kid.

You really don't know who Anthony Burch is?

This reminds me of an article in Popular Science I read in the late 90's about a guy who had a ludicrous IQ of like 180 or something, who worked as a motherfucking bartender doodling grand unification theories on napkins. Some people just think that if you're smart the world will beat a path of success to your door without any hard work or drive on their part.

In any case, this is what happens when schools focus on testing instead of learning. If you can pass a test, you can graduate, which is like being given a driver's license after passing only the written exam. Dangerous. Fuck, when I was in the 3rd grade I was already reading at a college-level; if I took a couple months to cram basic algebra, I probably could have easily passed an American high-school exit-exam at the age of 8.

Anyway, back on topic, I can empathize with OP because games (and therefore puzzles/solutions in games) are designed to by and for people that are neurotypical. An autistic person just doesn't see things the same way, and so can get hung up on solutions that are very obvious for other people. I can play games that are considered very in-depth or complex or difficult, and master them to the point of getting bored after a short time (once I can see the numbers behind the game, so to speak), but often casual games make me feel stupid. I've had to look up solutions to goddamn Skyrim puzzles because the reasoning behind them isn't intuitive to someone like me who just reasons differently. I've also sometimes done what OP does and tried to brute-force a solution, to total failure because the game doesn't let you beat it that way.

user the guy never bothered to walk along the wall, that's not Autism that's Downed Syndrome and crippling Retardation. In fact Autism is the last thing that hinders your gaming ability, it only applies if you believe lies told to you.

There is no logical reason to assume there is an invisible doorway along the wall, though. so there is no logical reason to walk there. See, that's what I mean. An autistic person will try every possible solution that makes sense within the "rules" that they believe govern the world. A normal person will also try things that make no sense at random, like trying to walk through walls.

Some people also think that just because you're smart that you have to be something big and useful to society like an engineer or doctor or something.